Rules are Made to be Broken Ch. 17

Story Info
Sam's need for control in all things causes tension...
1.5k words
4.77
6.2k
8

Part 17 of the 29 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 08/31/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ElizaGrey
ElizaGrey
270 Followers

[A/N: Hey lovers, Chapter 17 is a bit of a quickie, with more tension than smut, but I hope you'll love it all the same!

Chapter 18 will be up soon. EG x]

As I leave the hotel and get into a taxi, I pull my trench coat a little tighter to avoid giving the cabbie a flash of PVC. I can't wait to get home and take this thing off.

I pull my phone out of my bag to check out with Crystal. Shit. Seven missed calls from Sam? Full marks for persistence Mr Byron, I think to myself. I decide against calling him back while I'm in the cab, it probably won't be a conversation I want an audience for.

I text Crystal quickly to check out and sit back, trying not to worry about those stormy blue eyes. My phone starts vibrating in my bag. I roll my eyes at Sam's over persistence but get a surprise when the display reads Crystal.

'Amber darling, how are you? How was your booking?' Crystal drawls down the line.

'Fine on both counts, thank you.' I reply cautiously -- she never calls for a chat after a regular.

'Good, good. I'm just calling to see if you're up to another appointment tonight? I know it's unusual, but your Mr Byron was very persistent so I thought it'd be worth asking.' Sam tried to book me? I take a deep breath to steady my temper.

'Sorry Crystal, I'm exhausted -- bit of a headache actually.' I lie. 'I'm going to head home and rest up -- let me know if there's anything tomorrow instead?' I add, trying to soften the blow and avoid suspicion -- I don't usually work on Saturday nights so I'd be doing her a favour.

'Alright darling, not a problem. You take care and I'll keep you in mind for tomorrow. Kisses!' She hangs up.

I can feel my anger starting to prickle perilously as the taxi turns in to my street. That impossible man tried to book me so I couldn't make the appointment I already had. After I handed myself to him on a plate, he still wants to pay for the pleasure of controlling me? How dare he!? I pay the taxi fare and stomp through my front door, silently fuming.

I pour myself a glass of wine and take a long sip, breathing deeply. Then I grab my phone and call him. I'm going through in my head what I plan to say when his voicemail clicks in. I hang up. I am not the sort of girl who leaves angry messages. I'd much rather scream at him in person, so it'll have to wait. I glance at the clock; I've got about half an hour before Ruby shows up to go dancing. I down the rest of the glass and head to my bedroom.

* * * * *

As I move to the thumping base line, I feel very glad that I didn't call Ruby to cancel coming out tonight. The music is cathartic, I can dance and let myself get lost in it, forgetting all about compulsive control freaks with dazzling blue eyes and smiles to die for. I scowl at myself for even thinking about him.

'You okay?' Ruby asks. I nod.

'Just need some water -- back in a minute.' I leave her on the dance floor and head to the bar. 'Can I get a mineral water and a Corona please Dan?' I shout over the music.

'Make it two beers and the water -- on me.' Sam Byron's voice is unmistakeable behind me. I turn around and scowl at him as he hands over a £20 note and tells Dan to keep the change.

'I didn't know you even liked beer' he says, handing a bottle to me impassively.

'There's a lot you don't know about me Mr Byron', I reply frostily, taking a long sip.

'Sorry I missed your call earlier -- no reception' he says, ignoring my tone.

'Oh, but you had plenty when you called me SEVEN times? And indeed, when you called the agency, looking for Amber.' I hiss. His expression changes, I'm not sure if it's guilt or anger, and to be honest I don't care.

'I hated the thought of you being with someone else.' He says quietly.

'Sam, it's my job -- you know that.' I reply.

'Yes, but I thought, after this morning --'

'You thought what?' I cut him off, 'That because you brought me breakfast and fucked me senseless in my own bed that I'd just give up my livelihood? Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?'

'I don't like sharing you, Jessica.' He answers, locking his blazing eyes on mine as though I'm the one in the wrong.

'Sam, I'm not yours to share! We're not even dating, we're just- I don't even know what we are! And it's not as though I was with someone else for fun - I was working!' I reply, exasperated,

'How would you feel if I fucked another submissive while you were working?' his tone is low and calm, but it leaves me speechless. My head spins and before I can think through a proper response, I spit back at him:

'How do I know you didn't? We both know how you like to deal with your anger management issues!' he backs off a fraction as though I've slapped him. We're still glaring at each other furiously, locked in a battle of wills when Ruby comes bounding off the dance floor looking for me.

She smiles obliviously at Sam and he cracks his grimace to feign politeness back.

'Ruby' he nods, 'how's the ankle?'

'Good as new, thank you!', she grins, 'and thank you again for being such a hero too!' I roll my eyes as he does his usual playing down of any good deed. 'Hey Amber, are you ready to leave? I've got an early Zumba class so I'm going to go get a taxi -- wanna share? Unless you're -- otherwise engaged of course...' she adds tactlessly, winking at Sam.

'No. Leaving sounds good.' I snap. In a fit of spite, I pick up the beer he just bought me and down it in one. I set the empty bottle on the bar next to his full one. 'Good night, Mr Byron, thanks for the drink.' I fake a smile before grabbing Ruby's arm and heading for the exit before he can stop me.

'Trouble with Mr Tall Dark and Dominant?' Ruby asks once we're in the back of a taxi.

'Don't ask.' I reply 'he might be gorgeous, but he has some serious issues.' My phone flashes with his name.

'Keen though!' Ruby jokes. I scowl at her and press reject call. 'This might be why Crystal always warns us off dating clients.' She shrugs.

'We are NOT dating Rubes.' I reply sharply.

'But you're fucking him for free, right?' I tilt my head, reluctantly confirming what she already knows, 'And you're spending time together outside of bed, too?' I give her another tiny nod, 'And now you're having a tiff in a bar? Sorry doll, sounds like you're dating to me!' she says and I can't help but giggle, with despair if nothing else.

'I don't know what we're doing Rubes, I really don't' I admit, exhausted.

'Well, you clearly care about each other, or you wouldn't be fighting.' She adds sagely and I wonder if she might have a point. I know I care about him, but does it really work both ways? Or is he just being a spoiled brat who really doesn't like sharing? As we pull up outside my flat, my phone starts ringing again.

'Talk to him!' Ruby says as I hand her my share of the fare, 'everyone knows communication is key in any relationship.' She states as I roll my eyes and kiss her on the cheek.

'Thank you, Professor Ruby, I'll see you soon.' I tease, closing the cab door behind me and reluctantly answering Sam's call as I stomp up my path,

'How can I help you Mr Byron?' I say, flatly.

'I wanted to make sure you got home safely.' He says quietly.

'Well, I did, thank you.' I hold the phone to the door so he can hear it click shut to emphasise the point.

'Jessica, I'm sorry. I crossed a line. Let me send Harvey to pick you up, come over to my place and we can talk this through, please?' he's telling more than asking, and though he does sound genuinely sorry, I'm still furious.

'I don't think that's a good idea. I need some space, and I need some sleep.' I reply curtly.

'Then let me take you to breakfast tomorrow -- to apologise.' he adds.

'I have a very busy day at work tomorrow -- at the book shop, before you get any ideas.' I seethe. 'Now if you're quite satisfied that I have managed to get myself home in one piece, I'd like to go to bed, alone. Good night, Mr Byron.'

I hang up and throw my phone at the sofa.

[Hold on tight kittens - chapter 18 will be with you soon, promise! EG x]