Rules are Made to be Broken Ch. 18

Story Info
Sam's Dominant nature keeps Jessica guessing...
1.9k words
4.71
6.8k
9

Part 18 of the 29 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 08/31/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ElizaGrey
ElizaGrey
270 Followers

[A/N: Hey lovers! Chapter 18 is another quickie, but I promise Chapter 19 will make it worth your while ;)...Hang in there! EG x]

At work the next day, my bad mood from the previous night is still hanging over me like a black cloud.

How dare he try to interfere like that? How can a man be so sweet one minute and so infuriating the next?

This is exactly why his "private arrangement" suggestion could never work; I would let him dominate every inch of me in the bedroom, but the idea of him controlling any other aspect of my life is just ridiculous. And dangerous, given his ability to make me do exactly as he says with just a look.

The control that man has over my body is overwhelming; could I really trust myself to be around him full time?

My phone rings from the counter -- him again, for the third time this morning. I let it go to voicemail, again, but he doesn't leave a message. Something else we have in common. Oh, shut up Jess, I tell myself inwardly.

As I shelf a stack of vintage paperbacks, I find I'm slamming each one down a little harder than the last, making the equally ancient step ladder I'm using wobble precariously, so much so that I almost topple over after the last one.

'Whoa, steady Sis!' My big brother says, catching me and breaking my fall

'Thanks J', I smile half-heartedly as I dust myself down.

'This thing is a death trap.' He adds, kicking the offending step ladder in disgust.

'Its fine, I just wasn't paying attention.' I shrug, kissing him on the cheek and trying to move on before he launches into full on lawyer mode.

'Hunger will do that to you little sister!' I look at him blankly. I'm not hungry. Not for Sam Byron. Oh. He means for actual food. 'Tina's?' he says slowly, 'Lunch time?' he mimes eating with a knife and fork to spell it out for his clearly distracted sister.

'Sorry, yes -- lunch would be great.' I smile gratefully. I pick up my bag, tossing my phone in as I grab my keys to lock up.

* * * * *

As we sit waiting for our food to arrive, I notice my brother's wearing jeans and a sweater -- no suit? Weird. Then it dawns on me it's a Saturday -- he usually comes to see me on a Thursday, in between meetings. My head is a total jumble lately. He's wearing the designer cap I bought him last Christmas too, and he hasn't shaved -- he looks like a totally different person. The penny drops.

'Did you get lucky last night, Big Brother?' I whisper across the table. He blushes, but doesn't deny it. 'You did, didn't you! The cap for the bed head, the five o'clock shadow -- you haven't been home yet, have you? Oh, you dirty stop out!' I tease. He smiles bashfully and says,

'Yeah, okay Detective Blake, enough with the third degree!' I grin at him triumphantly,

'So, who's the lucky man? Details please!'

'New guy at work', he relents, 'but don't get overexcited - I don't know if it's anything at all yet -- we just had a few drinks and I ended up crashing at his place. I'm not sure if it's a great idea to mix business and pleasure.' He shrugs and I nearly choke on my water.

'Sorry, went down the wrong way.' I say, covering my tracks and dabbing my lips with a napkin. 'So, you used your little sister as an excuse to ditch the poor lad the morning after?' I joke.

'No, no, nothing like that. He had a gym session booked, so I made myself scarce.'

'Oooh, gym bunny? Great body then?' I ask

'Plus,' he continues, ignoring me, 'I figured it was my responsibility as your big brother to make sure you had at least one hot meal this week.' I look at him, puzzled. 'Mum and Dad are away this weekend -- anniversary trip to Paris -- no Sunday lunch -- any of this registering?' he's speaking deliberately slowly like I'm a total bimbo. Which actually I am, I had totally forgotten.

This is good though, at least I won't have to make excuses with my parents to go to Sam's charity thing tomorrow. If I decide to go of course -- after last night I'm not sure if I'm even still invited.

'Of course!' I say brightly to my brother, realising he's staring at me and I've been silent for longer than is considered normal. 'Sorry J, I had a rubbish night's sleep, I'm exhausted. But I'm still more than capable of cooking myself dinner!' I add, partly to tell him off for being overbearing, mostly just to prove I was listening.

He smiles back at me affectionately. Our food arrives and we munch away together, chatting about nothing in particular.

Afterwards, we're walking back to the shop when my phone chimes with a text from Sam.

'Are you free to talk yet?'

I roll my eyes and throw the phone to the bottom of my bag.

'I'd hate to be that guy.' James says, watching me. I eye him accusingly

'Who says it's a guy?' I reply

'Well, there's the look, the not replying and the throwing the phone in disgust. You wouldn't get that pissed at a girlfriend.' Damnit. He knows me far too well. 'So, who is he?' he asks casually,

'Are you trying to catch me off guard with one of your sneaky lawyer mind tricks? Squeezing me for information Big Brother?' I tease, hooking my arm into his.

'Not at all, I'm just looking out for my baby sister.' He replies unconvincingly.

I playfully nudge him in the ribs as we round the corner to the street my shop's on and I stop in my tracks. Sam is standing outside the closed door, scowling at his phone.

'Shit!' I gasp audibly, taking my brother by surprise. He looks up to see what's caused my outburst.

'Is that Sam Byron?' he asks, squinting.

'You know him?' I ask, horrified.

'I know of him' he replies, 'wealthy parents, killed tragically, he inherited a fortune, right?' he sounds like he's reading case notes. Suddenly his big lawyer brain engages and he turns to look at me 'Is Sam Byron your special someone?' he smirks. I slap him on the arm.

'No J, he's not. I just... know him. Look, this really isn't the time, I'll explain it all later or another day or never, but right now you have to go, please?' I plead.

Thankfully, my brother takes pity on me.

'Fine, fine.' He says reluctantly. 'But if you're shacking up with Mr Moneybags -- you come see me if he tries making you sign a pre-nup, okay?'

'Okay, will do; but for the record, not shacking up.' I give him a quick hug, and a kiss on the cheek, 'Make sure you get rid of this before your second date too!' I add, rubbing his stubbly cheek before sending him on his way.

As I turn back towards the shop, I lock eyes with Sam. I don't know how long he's been staring, but he does not look happy.

'Mr Byron.' I address him curtly as I struggle to unlock the shop door

'Miss Blake.' He replies, following me inside without waiting to be invited.

'So, are you looking for anything particular today?' I ask him, shrugging off my jacket and standing in front of the cash desk. 'I believe we have a new release -- "How to respect boundaries and influence people", if you'd like a copy?' why can't I resist the urge to rile him? He barely flinches though. His lips twitch a fraction, but no more.

'I'm not interested in books, Jessica.' He replies quietly. His eyes are as dark as the suit he's wearing and his lips are now locked in a firm flat line. His frame is imposing and arousing as hell; it's taking everything I've got not to drop to my knees and do whatever he tells me to.

'I came to see you. I was worried when you didn't return my calls. I wanted to make sure you were okay.' His voice is flat, business like even. I'd be hurt, but I'm still far too angry with him. I take a deep breath and pull myself up straight to keep my voice from shaking.

'Well as you can see, I'm fine. So, thank you for your concern, but I have work to do.'

As I turn my back on him, he catches my arm, turning me round to look at him, he's close enough for me to inhale his scent. Dangerously close. His beautiful face is still set in a firm grimace but his eyes are flashing passion and danger at me. How is it possible he still looks so hot when he's in a strop? My heart's banging in my chest as I stare back at him, my resolve unfaltering but words completely failing me. After what seems like a lifetime, he releases my arm and takes a step back, correcting himself.

He coughs to clear his throat.

'I suppose it would have been rude to answer your phone when you were with company.' The last word sounds like it sticks in his throat. I realise he hasn't recognised my brother from the first time he saw me with him. Oh, this must be driving him mad.

'Indeed, it would.' I reply, taking another step back to put more distance between us, suddenly feeling a little surer of myself.

'So, who was he?' he asks openly, running his thumbnail across his bottom lip, picking up a random paperback to avoid looking at me, the lack of eye contact is very unlike him. Is he jealous? I consider putting him out of his misery, but I like having a hold on him, however tiny.

'I really don't think that's any of your concern, Mr Byron.' Anger flashes in his eyes as he fixes his watch firmly on me again but he says nothing. 'Now if you'll excuse me, I really do have work to do.' I finish.

Turning my back on him again I realise my heart is racing and I'm worried I might faint.

Bracing myself for an argument, I'm surprised when all I hear is the sound of the bells above the door as it closes. He's gone.

I slump down in the arm chair behind the desk. That man is exhausting even when he's not tying me up. I need coffee.

As I wait for the kettle to boil, I try to process the last few minutes. He came all this way to check up on me because I didn't answer his calls. Is that a ridiculous overreaction, or his way of showing he cares?

Either way, his concern switched to blind jealously pretty damn quickly when he thought I'd been spending time with someone else. That said, I'd expected more of a row after that -- maybe he is trying? Is this us making progress? I have no idea.

Just then my phone chimes with a text. It's from the agency; Sam's made a booking for tonight. Cancel that order of progress then.

Anger rushes through me and my first thought is to call and scream at him, but then stubbornness kicks in and I decide to play him at his own game.

He wants Amber? Fine. He'll get her.

[Excited for fireworks in Chapter 19? It's coming soon!]