All Comments on 'Runaway Pt. 04'

by MsCherylTerra

Sort by:
  • 119 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago
Great

I liked how you handled your story: breaking it up into four parts and posting them successive days. It made for a much more enjoyable reading experience.

SmallwandaSmallwandaabout 4 years ago
Eeeeee!!

I'm squealing in delight. Would love to see this as a book. Great story!

stev2244stev2244about 4 years ago

Wow. Wow. Wow. Wow.

I usually don't read in this category, but boy, was it was worth making an exception. Incredible description of the protag's emotions, very gripping and entertaining. Thanks for writing this.

SmutolSmutolabout 4 years ago
Well done

Very enjoyable and optimistic story with happy ending. Little bit on the to much goody good fairy tale for me but enjoyable none the less

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Characters.

I enjoyed it. Sad in some a ways because families do sometimes split up and that's sad. But some men are bastards, and some men make mistakes. But the main two worked it out and that was good.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 4 years ago

You brought them to life.

Very few can write dialog as well as you, and I crown you queen of love scenes. Lacey and Noah were so real to me that I could see them in my mind, almost as if I were watching a movie (by the way, this would make a great movie). Thank you so much for lending your talents to your readers. This and your other stories add pleasurable moments to our lives.

BurntRedstoneBurntRedstoneabout 4 years ago
Intensely good

What a solid finale for this beautiful story!

I'm not ashamed to admit that you brought me to tears not once, but twice while I read this final part. So incredibly sweet!

Shit. You got me doing it again. It's okay though, I forgive you. ;)

More importantly, I thank you. This story is a beautiful gift.

OneAuthorOneAuthorabout 4 years ago
Brilliant ending to a magnificent story

The plot and characterization were at least as good as the best I've ever read in any of your stories. It was impossible not to empathize with Lacey's background, and with all the drama she experienced during her wild cross-country adventure. Even with Noah's past, he was a very likeable character... and I found myself rooting for the two of them to fall in love. Of course, the sub-plot of Lacey finding her brother - and then seeing her mother there too - was tremendous. Oh, and don't think I didn't see what you did with Rick and the mentions of Aspen and Theo (I got a good laugh at the references to the excellent characters from "Get Over It"). Finally, ending it on a cliffhanger (Where did they end up going? Did they actually stay together?) was a delightful combination of frustrating and delicious. In other words, the perfect way to end it... by leaving the readers imagining how it turned out.

And don't worry about taking some liberties with the way things actually are in Canada. It's a fictional story, so nobody should expect everything to completely match reality. Plus, who is going to check the area near Yonge Street in Toronto for that parking lot? ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Please continue the stoi. Many loose ends

E

Please continue

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
great!

I usually skip the long stories but your storytelling style captured me. Thanks for the wonderful read!

Jonny_BluelineJonny_Bluelineabout 4 years ago

Superb story and excellent writing. You left me wanting a little more - the perfect way to end the tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wonderful

Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Sensational!

Thank you!

Stay safe.

C

norafaresnorafaresabout 4 years ago

My favorite story ever! I'm so proud of you, Cheryl. This is your best story yet. I loved every single word. Five stars!

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

A fine conclusion to a wonderful story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I loved it!

Awesome....just awesome!

GoneGrayGoneGrayabout 4 years ago
I wasn't a Reader, I Was A WITNESS

Excellent writing, very thorough and carefully crafted. It made me tear up several times, as I was able to follow her conflicts and emotions so completely. And, as always from you, a very engaging and enjoyable story. It ended at a great point for a short story. I just wish it wasn't a short story, as there is so much discovery and potential happiness to come in their lives. Now I have to dig harder into the characters of my stories, to make them better. See all the work you have caused me!?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great Story

This is very well done. I think overall this should be in the Romance category, particularly the last chapter.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

I'd like to know where the bagel landed the second time. I'm guessing Winnipeg again. It just seems fated.

Awesome story.

fixer43fixer43about 4 years ago
Tough call

But yes, it would fit very well in Romance.

Can I just give you 20 * so I don't have to go back and put 5's on all the chapters?

Deserves the Hall of Fame.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Awesome story, awesome writing

This is the best romance here I have read. I'm a guy and I love it. Couldn't stop reading! Thank you, thank you, than you. A good cheer up in COVID-19 times.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

I couldn't stop reading. It is so beautifully written! It left me wanting to know more about Lacy and Noah's adventures and relationship <3

regularguy73regularguy73about 4 years ago
Wonderful Story!

As a life-long Manitoban, I was hooked from the first lines of the first part. Your descriptions of our beautiful and diverse country also meshed with the wonderfully told story you crafted. As other commenters have said, the first time romance coupled with the family dynamics created a very believable and lovely story. The Christianity aspect involving forgiveness is a lesson we all need in this world.

Please continue this story in the future. You have a great talent and I'll have to check out your other work.

PachypodiumPachypodiumabout 4 years ago

What a superb writing - you have such talent. I really cared for Lacey and her growth as a person as she escaped the confines of her restrictive family. There were some wonderful metaphors: 'the train had laid the rails for us' and 'cheeks tight with withered tears' being just two and the depiction of their surroundings was vivid and descriptive. I empathised with her sadness and emotional turmoil but also felt my heart quicken when hers did. Pt. 5?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Truly a gifted writer

I read a lot, and many published books are not as well written as your story. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great read!

Nicely crafted - couldn't stop reading it.

Thanks for sharing it with us!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thank You

This was a thoroughly enjoyable read. You have talent based on your posted stories but this was the best yet. Thank you for all the hard work. It was greatly appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Anonymous

Your good! Enough said!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

tangledweedtangledweedabout 4 years ago

It's not often I get to read a story that is so relatable to experiences I have had in my life. The VIA rail passenger train between Vancouver and Toronto runs daily (not counting the current quarantine lock down), with eastbound and westbound service on alternate days. There are quite a few more passenger trains running on the Toronto to Montreal corridor. Train travel is definitely not cheap. Our private sleeping room return trip from Edmonton to Vancouver for two people cost more than return flights would have.

Loved everything about this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Amen.

Amen. Amen!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Couldn’t put it down

I read all 4 pars today, couldn’t put the story aside. Great writing and characters. Would love to read more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Awesome

Just like a lot of other commenters, I couldn't stop reading! Heck I was almost rushing through the sex scenes to get to the next story part (which for a person reading literotica.com tells you something lol!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Words are inadequate

to express the quality of this story. It draws in the reader to such an extent that one forgets it is a work of fiction. That has to be at least one hallmark of superbly crafted writing.

The fact that I despise organised religion, considering it nothing more than a means to manipulate people and seize power for a few withn the heirarchy resonated strongly. It had me gnashing my teeth at the father's actions and attitude even though he is in fact a victim. Then I remembered that it's a story.

Thank you Ms Cheryl.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Need Part 5!!

I just sat & read all 4 parts. Just "wow". Great story, loved the sex, the plot, the characters.

Now, we -all- need part 5. 6 months later. Where are they? What is Lacey doing, etc.?

PickFictionPickFictionabout 4 years ago
Simply the best

After finishing the last segment I can only share that this is the best I've read here. The characters were so sharply defined, the situations so carefully, and often surprisingly, crafted and the conclusion, hoped for through all the chapters, arrived via a circuitous, but very reasonable route. Still envious. Wonderful job.

PickFictionPickFictionabout 4 years ago
Forgot to say

Hope you can write faster than I can read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great ending

I love how you didn’t wrap this ending up with a pretty little bow, where did they go? Did they stay together? Did they live happily ever after? Sometimes it is better when you great writers make us figure it out on our own. Thank you. KS

But I do wish you would have had a scene to show that the little prick who started the whole thing got some bad karma back his way.

anchromeanchromealmost 4 years ago
Theo and Aspen!

Loved the story for itself, but the Theo/Aspen connection was totally unexpected. Beautifully done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Liberties

The are not liberties, rather artistic licence, to help the story flow. I have read all 4 arts, your ending leaves the door open for further chapters. I will definitely e watching

for them

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Viewpoint character

I liked it! The road trip made for a good dynamic and flow of the story. Your characters where relatable and mostly likable. I enjoyed tagging along for the adventure.

The only thing I found a little jarring from a story telling point was when in the very last section you suddenly had Lacey, who had always been the viewpoint character, tell about Noah's thoughts and feelings. She wasn't there. She couldn't possibly know. And it was the only instance in the story where you did it (that I'm aware of) and so, to me, it felt out of place. Somewhat stilted, too. If you feel you really need to put that bit in, maybe let Noah tell himself? Or add something along the lines of "he later told me..."

I Would love to read more of your stuff

Cheers, Clarisse

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wow

I’ve read two of your stories. I put a series book on hold because you are that good. I feel like I should be hitting my kindle to read you. Thankful I stumbled acrossed you. One day I hope to gain enough wisdom to write as good as you. I can’t wait to read more of your writings that will inspire me.

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 4 years ago
Terrific

I haven't made it through all your stories yet but they are all exemplary.

FWIW, I have never had much trouble finding parking in downtown T O. But it's almost always expensive.

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 4 years ago

Stunning

I hope that someday you'll tell us the next chapter of Noah and Lacey. I can't think of a single reason why this shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
More please

just discovered your amazing stories. Hope there's another chapter for Lacey and Noah

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Worthy of a screenplay

I've read Literotica for years, enjoying stories with high sensuality with a good story line. This story is the best I've read here. It made me get hard, cry, laugh and get angry.

If you ever want to find a good screenwriter or agent let me know. I'll find one here in California. I'd love to see this on the screen. Good luck.

John L. norcaman@yahoo.com

FljimFljimalmost 4 years ago
Short comments are the best...

Just terrific!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Please write more!! Part 5

This was great! I’ve read a lot of literotica and this was amazing. I cried and I came and I loved the characters. More than just sex, I was attached and invested in the story. Please write more about Noah and Lacey. I could not stop reading!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Rick Finds Love

So glad that Rick has found someone to love. Excellent writing throughout your work.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
Great story!

Could hardly stop reading till the end! Keep writ'n!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just...

Amazing. Loved it all, and want more. I need more! 👏🏻❤️

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

This has really been an enjoyable series. It all fits together quite well, the characters are interesting, and the writing and editing are excellent. Thinking about what goes through a young woman’s mind is a terrifying concept! Yet that’s what this was, throughout, and I wasn’t terrified - at least not the way I’d be in the scope of young women I’ve known. No doubt - excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My 2 cents

What a story! I loved the way you had the story focus on the characters and not on the sex. And when you had the sex part, you made it loving. I couldn't stop til I finished your story. 5 stars for every installment. I know you have heard it all but, thanks for your time and imagination.

Saxons08Saxons08over 3 years ago

Fantastic story. I'm so glad I found you during the covid contest, because I've lived everything I've read from your catalog

GiovanniBruscatoGiovanniBruscatoover 3 years ago

This was such a fantastic tale and I'm so sad it's complete! But I get it, the story's been told. Look forward to the rest of your library.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I am so happy that you got - and still get, see this Exhibit 56 (?) - these many, many comments telling you how wonderful your story is (not as many as you deserve, but that's the internet for you).

I already told you that I think you had the most interesting setup of any story I've read on here, and I'm even happier to report that you absolutely nailed its potential. There's no feedback to give; I wouldn't change a thing about the story you told if given the choice. Awesome job, thank you so much for sharing it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

What a fantastic story. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

An incredible adventure full of twists, turn, romance with just enough sex to spice things up. Fantastic! I read all four parts in one day. Just couldn't put it down!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I liked it... sort of. It was extremely long and in parts unnecessarily so. I have experience working with men and women who have suffered from a very authoritarian and traumatic upbringing. One particular woman reminds me so much of Lacey but she never had a Noah and spent far too much time with men like the first man in the train station.

Anyway, I liked it but the length bogged down the story because some of the narrative did little to advance character development. The sex scenes were well written but again the length left me rushing past because this isn't a story designed to arouse.

It's good but needed refinement. I am sorry, i know that isn't probably welcome.

RickshawroadRickshawroadover 3 years ago

That was an incredible journey, told by a very good author. It has to be up there amongst the best on here.

I have only just found you but look forward to devouring the rest.

Please keep writing them :)

SkinTicklerSkinTicklerover 3 years ago
re: Liberties

I forgive you. lol

You forgot the morning of rain, followed by a long picnic on wet ground. Even less believable than the parking spot. I loved the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I'm not crying, YOU'RE crying! <3

JoeOzoJoeOzoover 3 years ago
The story maximized, the sex minimized...

...works perfectly for me! Because when the sex does comes, it feels natural and right. I really like how you work the narrative and the dialogue, and do not find them overly extended. The two blend together so well, and support the whole story.

Geez, you made a 60+ male cry at points. I must getting sappier as I get older, or is it just good, believable writing that draws the reader in. 😁

I most certainly do excuse the liberties you’ve taken! I live just east of Toronto and worked many years near the HHOF. There ARE parking lots east of Yonge, depending on what street of course. Most of these are underground garages, but there’s the occasional one that is outdoors in which I have actually found a spot, so it CAN happen. They do charge an arm and a leg for special event parking, such as hockey games and concerts. I’m sure you know this, but this is for your readership not familiar with Toronto. Your comparisons with the downtown profiles of Toronto and Montreal are spot on. Toronto has nothing like Old Montreal. Also, if there wasn’t a Timmys where you mentioned at the time of writing, there probably is by now!

I just love the characters of Lacey and Noah, and the supporting ones as well, even a prick like her father, because he is central to her running away and staying away. Can’t wait for when you finally have them acknowledge their love for each other. If they ever marry, it should be with Noah still wearing his Canadian tuxedo 😆. Guess I’ll find out more in the next series of the tale of young love.

Great job Cheryl!

JoeOzoJoeOzoover 3 years ago
Continuing my feedback...

...others have said it so well, and all of the positive feedback so well deserved. I have been reading literotica for years, mostly in other categories. However, your writing is among the best I’ve ever read here. The fact that you’ve made other grown men cry, especially old jaded ones like me, should be a point of pride for you Cheryl.

dwoelfledwoelfleover 3 years ago

This was a wonderful journey. Truly enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Gumby603Gumby603over 3 years ago

Freaking awesome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Delicious!

I loved your story and your characters, and was delighted with Lacey's theological musings.

A weaker part of your writing: when Noah is preparing to leave, in the end, there's a shift in the point of view, but it's still Lacey speaking. How could she know?

Still, a delightfull story, thank you for your gift.

RPGerRPGerabout 3 years ago
Love it as always...

... and I really liked the footnote on parking in Toronto. As always I find your writing and story very very good, and the erotica also. However, I must agree with previous comment. Even though I knew she could have learned of it before telling the story, the mixed POV at the end threw me out a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You might want to stop the one star bombing of other peoples stories. It’s one thing to manipulate your own. It’s another thing to deliberately attack other authors votes. It can be reciprocated very easily. So just stop being silly.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraabout 3 years agoAuthor

@Anon

I'm sorry to hear your stories are being one-bombed. Having had my stories repeatedly attacked, I understand how frustrating it is. I'm not sure why you would suspect me of doing so, but all I can say is that if I don't like a story, I don't vote on it. I don't manipulate my scores and have no interest in doing so; I don't even know how one would start to go about that. I provide free stories on a site for entertainment and as nice as it is to know people enjoy them, I prefer to focus on writing instead of spending time trying to manipulate scores, people, or views.

This is a pretty harsh accusation to make and I'm not sure who or why it's being made; if I've done something to upset someone, I'd like to know so I can correct it. If you'd be willing, please send me a private message and I'd be happy to talk this over with you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I personally think that after the first sex, the category should change. In fact, I think this whole series should be labeled Romance. Nevertheless, on the merits this is well deserving of the five star rating.

oldsage_1oldsage_1almost 3 years ago

True hart felt remarks from a fan "south of the border"!

Thank you for this wonderful story. You bet I'm going to follow this couple all the way to the ending you provide them. The high marks your stories receive (consistently in the 4.8+ range) is testament of the level of your writing and the appreciation your fans and readers have for your work. Thank you for sharing your amazing talent.

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good stuff. I know many of those places and have done that trip, but not that way ;)

londonteadrinkerlondonteadrinkerover 2 years ago

A wonderful adventure and a great story.

TulipfuzzTulipfuzzover 2 years ago

I'm hooked!! I love you Cheryl. And I know you love your reader audience. Your regard for us is unmistakable in the artful placement of every word, each sharpened literary device pulled from your complete tool kit. And lastly, your careful editing shows utter respect for us, gathered at your knee, listening, hearing, seeing the story.

TulipfuzzTulipfuzzover 2 years ago

I'm hooked!! I love you Cheryl. And I know you love your reader audience. Your regard for us is unmistakable in the artful placement of every word, each sharpened literary device pulled from your complete tool kit. And lastly, your careful editing shows utter respect for us, gathered at your knee, listening, hearing, seeing the story.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Of all the book and stories I have read in my life, this is the verybest. i couldnot put it down. I am going to read the other two soon. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved this story very much! So glad I kept reading your comments at the end literally LOL at your comment of finding parking in TO pushing reality too far. Good one :) Also enjoyed you sliping in Rick, Theo and Aspen from your other story.

VFreeVFreeover 2 years ago

Thank-you for a wonderfully and fully sexy just when it was needed, and I cannot express how glad I am to read about the sequals. Love you writing MsTerra

Sausage17Sausage17over 2 years ago

THERE’S AN EPILOGUE AND A SEQUEL? Oh hell yeah!

God now I feel like crying. Bravo!

XactoXactoover 2 years ago

To someone who’s lived in the same home for almost fifty years, ALL of this story stretches my credulity. But it’s a lovely story, and I thank you for sharingit with us all! ❤️

JS60007JS60007over 2 years ago

Thank you for a beautifully well written story. You kept the pace going without having absurdly long gaps like in so many other stories.

docj27adocj27aabout 2 years ago

What a beautifully written story. You paint such a wonderful pictures with words. I found myself audibly cheering at some parts and kill admit a tear or two in others. Thank you and I look forward to making my way through your other works. Please keep up the great work we appreciate your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Beautiful story :> But I can't find the sequel, Finding home, that you wrote about. Is under another name?

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

AWESOME!!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is definitely a novel, not just the event making a turning point in the characters' lives, but a whole wonderful rich cast of characters with deep background stories, and real emotional responses and then development, all written with precision and elegance, and that is an opinion based on reading it again. A tremendous achievement.

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusalmost 2 years ago

Meditation is a form of prayer, and in that sense you have put a whole lot of prayer into this story. It bears the traces of long and deep thought. I love your use of syncretism, mashing elements of various denominations/religions together. Lacey's comfort and easy familiarity with the saints is touching.

I'm glad this isn't the end of Lacey's and Noah's story.

Thank you for sharing your gift.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is beautiful. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fantastic! But, no sequel listed as reported?

KitsuneAlexKitsuneAlexover 1 year ago

I loved the story and I as others have said are looking for the sequel "Finding Home". Please post it!

Master_JonesMaster_Jonesover 1 year ago

You continue to keep us entertained and amazed.

5 stars again.

I do hope to see a followup other than the short one posted.

afosi2604afosi2604over 1 year ago

My comments are intended for the entire work, not just this installment. Again, I have found a fantastic story, told in a way that keeps my interest and makes me want more. I have read books that are published in print media that are no where nearly as interesting or enjoyable. Basically, thank you...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A wonderful series of stories from my favorite author. This story covered distances more vast than the US. I’m familiar enough with Canadian geography to realize this. My son and I are planning a Trans Canada trip via the train. I’m looking forward to seeing some of the places mentioned here. You have hit on so many themes and done them all a great service. The family issues alone would take the DSM to catalogue. Thank you for this beautiful story. I cried many many times.

Mistress_TessaMistress_Tessaover 1 year ago

Wow great story. I devoured it and enjoyed every page.

Macsta1952Macsta1952over 1 year ago

Love your work. I cannot put your stories down once I start.

sadimgniksadimgnikover 1 year ago

Nothing I can say that others haven't said - but this was beautiful.

Damn invisible ninjas, cutting onions at my computer and making my eves mist over :-)

Extraordinary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I wasn’t sure I would like this story before I read it, but, as usual with your writing, it grabbed me from the beginning and I couldn’t put it down. Your stories flow effortlessly, your characters are so well developed, it’s amazing. I hope there’s a sequel!

coigachboycoigachboyover 1 year ago

Fantastic story . Om sure there could be another few chapters if you felt like it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

It a beautiful mix of chaos. I am someone who wanted to believe that I'd fucked up enough to not find love again. Your story gives me hope. It's funny, i relate to both Lacey and Noah. Breaking away from my mother's twisted religious world view and finding myself broken inside. I will cherish the sequel you have lying around. Thank you!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMsCherylTerra@MsCherylTerra
Update 11/30/2023: It's been a minute! Wanted to say thank you all for selecting As You Wish and Dear Babe/Dear Bastard as Readers Choice stories for 2022. I didn't post about the awards this year since there were some less-than-nice things being thrown around last year, so ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Runaway Pt. 03 Previous Part
Runaway Series Info