All Comments on 'Running Mate Pt. 02'

by Estcher

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
tennesseeredtennesseeredover 4 years ago
Hoping for more

Good story so far. Some excess words and extra commas, but overall easy to read. Wonder how it will turn out?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Hoping for the happy ending

The story is great, really hoping he ends up with Amanda. Love trumps age.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Maybe

Very nice story Runner 🏃sorry about wife, life as it's down. Great story on sex but maybe the wrong person? Hope part Two will be better an maybe a younger Runner will be better then a old runner. Maybe the young runner makes you run faster in a race and in bed too.

JdeneJdeneover 4 years ago
Great

Great, well rounded,well written story. I enjoyed the way you have added colour to the character's with his back story. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
work?

the protagonist is only 42 years old,what does he do for a living?

Imagine73Imagine73over 4 years ago
What A Lucky Man

Both of these women love him; that's obvious. The fact that they're mother and daughter adds flavor. Good erotic writing! Looking forward to what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
mixup the male names?

There seems to be a fair bit of confusion about the male protagonist, who started off as John Peters but ended up as Peter, which was the name of Beth's son.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Please continue story

Would like to see story expanded

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

there needs to be a pt 3 lets get them togother

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good story

Good story with a disappointing ending. Kind of ruined it for me.

LegallySaneLegallySaneover 3 years ago
The Ending

SUCKED! big time. What a doofus.

Mike9947Mike9947about 3 years ago

You are a gifted writer and I gave it a well deserved 5.

Your stuff is really good.

Many will say he did the right thing - but it was both selfish and selfless - that’s a bad compromise.

I wrote a book several years ago and ended it with a very powerful story - I told my editor - I don’t think that story fits very well there. He replied you are right but sometimes you use a story because it’s perfect even if not a perfect fit.

You kind of did the opposite.

A perfect fit - totally in character - totally treating her feelings as inferior - but in the end it really was a very imperfect ending.

You need to bring them closure in a part 3.

I don’t cry much reading lit. But I have lived long enough to see more than a few people make rational, logical, decisions that fit perfectly - but were exactly wrong.

It’s about courage.

And a different kind of selflessness that he was unable to see.

There is a part 3 - they get together or they regret it for as long as they live. She may forgive him, but she will never believe that he did the right thing.

Now, the sun is over the yard arm here, I will drink to them both, and to you.

Mike

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Very good story. Such an enjoyable read. Thanks

aragonitearagoniteover 2 years ago

Great literature doesn't always make us feel good. It makes us wonder.

RNLubb17RNLubb17over 2 years ago

I really wanted him to get with Amanda. As an old guy, the idea of having a younger mate is exciting.

Doombot80Doombot80over 2 years ago

Ridiculous. The guy is behaving as if he's 65 or something. He's 40 and she's a 20something, it's not even uncommon for people in those age groups to get together. I loved the first half of the story, but the second chapter just got stupid. He thinks she's going to have to wipe his ass when he's in his 50s? Come on. He has such a doomed outlook that he legit didn't deserve her. They could have still had a lifetime of love and family.

olblueyesolblueyesover 2 years ago

lololol...dam what drivel!! btw a woman is a widow, a man is a widower....i almost cried for this story, its so sad. boo-hoo, i always thought writers on lit were supposed to fill our fantasies not give life lessons....enough! not wasting anymore time critiquing this!

KingCuddleKingCuddleabout 2 years ago

Don't think!

FEEL!!!!

Lana Ocean makes no sense for me...

But you make me FEEL!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Should have Amanda and John hook up forever. Disappointed

JaceyTreyJaceyTreyalmost 2 years ago

So, crappy ending for those of us who prefer HEA's. This wasn't in the romantic category, it was erotic couplings. A rather big hint, for me, anyway. Still, it was well written. Dealing with the death of a loved one at such a young age as the wife was, in real life, is terrible. It changes people, the change in the mc was well written. I didn't like the age "problem". I can't buy that as a reason for the relationship to end. That truly is why I have to give a 4 star rating rather than a 5. It's too flimsy of a reason to hurt a woman. Only 19 years, right? At that age, big deal. At least he wasn't 70. I'm 53, if an attractive person 19 years younger than me showed that much interest, and we got along that well, I wouldn't use age as a reason to not pursue them. Sorry, can't buy the premise. And as another commenter said, just a little naggy point, not to be disparaging, a man is a widower, a woman is a widow. Not that it detracts, just to let you know.

EstcherEstcheralmost 2 years agoAuthor

Yes, it is widower and not widow. My bad. Like I’ve said before I don’t use my editor for my erotica and this would have been picked up. Regarding the age issue: this is the main thrust of the story that I wanted to explore. For those wanting more closure I re-introduced my protagonist in Philanthropy. The cafe scene in either part 4 or 5.

TheOldStudTheOldStudalmost 2 years ago

Well written but the ending of the story still isn't there. Thank you!!

AspernEsslingAspernEsslingover 1 year ago

Good for you. I'm glad that you had the courage to go with the ending you wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

At 20 I was in love with a 40 married wife. We had very nice times together. And it ended just because she was married and i also have my life before me. About your ending, I was surprised. Why having such ending? I would say this is uncommon and that is therefore interesting! But I was expecting a bright ending and keep hungry. Yes a third part would be interesting. And a fourth one for after few years of love and natural soft ending into friendship.

rayironyrayironyover 1 year ago
Applause for an adult story !

All the wishful thinking can get really cloying.

Thank you.

JimDiamondJimDiamondover 1 year ago

Oh, I give it a five, but with reservations. Your John was a twit. He should have given Amanda what she needed and taught her about love and lovemaking. Happy ever after does not have to end with marriage and all that social silliness. Sometimes it is possible to have years of loving with an older person, revisiting that passon from time to time while carrying on with other lives. At sixteen an older woman took me in and taught me about life, sex, and love. Those lessons stayed with me for the rest of my life. John could have done that for Amanda, but he didn't. In the end, he was a self-serving twit playing with Beth someone he had doubts about, but not brave enough to give back to Amanda, the person who gave him back his life. Great writing of a fucked up story, but still a possibly true story because closed-minded selfish twits are frequently found in true life as well.:-)

Runner4069Runner4069over 1 year ago

The ending seemed rather odd and abrupt, and I'm not sure how I feel about it but I don't love it for sure

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Confused protagonist. Cowardice masquerading as thoughtfulness and chivalry. Commitment phobia. You name it. All this highfalutin drama also doesn't happen in real life. If people with so much age difference do fall in love then usually they carry it to conclusion knowing full well the challenges involved in such relationships.

You take had potential as a good romance, but in trying to avoid the cliché, you have ruined it

Bill31820Bill31820over 1 year ago

Seemed like no closure in story. It appears none of the four have happiness in there future. Very depressing ending because John is an coward and idiot

DoctorAlanDoctorAlanover 1 year ago

The ending, by itself, is fine; it's what an adult should do. However, the tone--there and elsewhere--shifts somewhat abruptly. I wonder if the story you want to tell can be told in the number of words you have chosen to tell it in.

But again, as in all your works, it is a gift to us and I feel guilty about criticizing so generous a present.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Very emotional and honest.

ollie3ollie310 days ago

Well written but he is as dense as a rock.The age gap he keeps on about is just rubbish.

Oh you do know a man is a widower a woman is a widow when they lose their wife or husband.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEstcher@Estcher
The completed Spell Caster trilogy arc is complete and published on Literotica, Smashwords, and Amazon. And in case you were not aware, The Schooling of the Spell Caster won third place in the November 2022 Reader Awards under Sci-Fi/Fantasy. That was pretty cool. And it was ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Running Mate Series Info