Rutland

Story Info
Husband loses wife to a rich guy?
9.6k words
4.25
37.9k
50
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I took the BTB tag off this although it has that feel at first. All characters engaging in sex are over 18 years old in real life.

I met my wife at Rutland High School in Rutland, Vermont in 1988. I went through the Rutland school system from Kindergarten through graduating high school. My name is Rob Reynolds. Ellen grew up in a rural town outside of Rutland on a farm. Her school system had no high school so they all came to Rutland.

We met our freshman year and became fast friends. I would sometimes go to her farm to hang out. I thought it was great that she lived on a farm but she complained about it all the time. The biggest complaint she had was that she considered her family to be poor. I didn't see them as being poor. Maybe just average but not poor. Her family worked hard but they had every necessity and a few luxuries.

I always enjoyed the way their family made fresh food from the garden and sat around the dinner table talking. Many families have stopped being together for dinner. They only had one small television in the living room which I had only ever seen playing the news. Her parents were very friendly and seemed to really like me. Roy and Anne liked that I helped Ellen with her chores. Roy even started stealing me for his own special projects that were "more appropriate for a man."

For a month in the summer Roy and I worked on all the farm equipment and vehicles getting them into top shape. We bonded during that time. I knew that Anne was always happy to see me at the farm. She treated me better than my own mother. I became a regular fixture at the farm during summer break. Anne loved to bake using fresh fruits and I loved eating them.

The most fun was the week of the state fair when we represented the host city with some beautiful animals all washed up and looking pretty. I usually helped out with the horses since that was my favorite chore.

Anne entered all the baking competitions plus some quilting and knitting entries, but her passion was the hand spun and hand dyed wool apparel. She had a booth at the fair where she sold everything from mittens to sweaters and she made a killing. This was all her winter projects that she had saved up. It was a nice shot in the arm for the farm budget.

Ellen didn't really like cleaning up manure or feeding the pigs. Obviously it wasn't what a teenage girl preferred to do but I thought those things made her stronger and more independent. She handled herself well around animals and farm equipment but her heart wasn't in it. She longed for a different life.

My family wasn't any better off. My dad was an insurance agent. He had good months and bad months. During one of his good stretches he was able to buy a big house close to the city center. He quickly converted the upstairs into room rentals. He had four boarders upstairs to help with expenses. They were mostly old people. Mom wasn't excited about other people being in our house but what could she do?

I had a great four years in high school. My favorite classes were in art. I took every art class they offered and even paid for some private art classes. We had a good votech program which I took advantage of since I loved working on cars and trucks. Something about the smell of oil and gas makes me feel calm and happy.

I started dating Ellen once we realized we were more than just friends. I had lots of friends and a decent career in basketball. I partied a lot and got in trouble a few times. My grades were fair to average so going to college was pretty much out of the question unless I wanted to pay my own way. It really wasn't my thing anyway.

After graduating, I quit my job at a local restaurant to join my best friend at an auto body shop in Center Rutland. It was decent money and hard work but I considered it free education, no actually, I was getting paid to learn some skills. I had a vision for the future in my head that involved loads of work and some time.

I already had a good foundation in engine repair. So I learned how to detail cars and trucks, then I learned how to fix dents and rust (lots of rust here in Vermont), I learned to weld, and my favorite was learning to paint cars.

Ellen and I dated exclusively in our post graduation days. I spent enough money on her to keep her interested in me, but I also started squirreling away some savings. I still lived at home but the long run goal was to save enough to get an apartment. I hoped that someday I could afford to live with Ellen. I had to admit at least to myself that I was in love.

Ellen was still living at home as well. Most kids in this area need time to get out on their own. She wasn't making any money since she was working on the farm for her parents. I know she was frustrated to still be working on the contemptible farm. At least it was a symbiotic relationship. My parents got nothing out of the deal, but they told me that after one year I would have to start paying rent.

I worked hard at the garage. I got two raises/promotions in six months and since I had some artistic talent my boss (the owner), Danny, started teaching me how to do custom paint jobs. I was in heaven and really admired Danny for the business he had built.

The paint jobs that we were doing were high quality. Nobody complained about the big prices Danny charged. Bottom line was I made him lots of money. At the end of my first year, Danny offered me another nominal raise. I was a bit offended by the offer. I knew what my talent was bringing in for him. Word of mouth had people lining up to get airbrushed masterpieces added to vans, cars, motorcycles, motor homes, really anything or freehand pinstriping or the most fabulous shiny perfect paint jobs.

I held out for top dollar and Danny understood what he had. His business was booming in all areas just from the reputation my painting had given us. I agreed to pay rent to my parents since it was much cheaper than renting my own place. They charged me what a room upstairs costs but I still got fed regularly and my mom did my laundry. I didn't need freedom that badly. Besides, Ellen and I were not to the point of living together yet.

Our dates were mostly a simple dinner and a movie or roller skating or dancing. It had only been six months since we had sex for the first time. Yes it's difficult having sex when you don't have your own place. There are plenty of deserted roads outside of town, though, where we could park.

Our first time was in the cab of my pickup out on Quarterline. This was a big hangout for underage drinkers and the cops left us alone there. Upwards of a hundred kids would line the road and hang out by the quarry. There was always a huge fire that guys would jump through or walk over. We could swim in the quarry if it was warm enough.

It was normal for couples to go to a car and make out. That's what Ellen and I did. I was super gentle with her and I'm pretty sure we were the only 18 year old virgins left in Rutland or it seemed that way.

We were both fairly drunk but also quite horny. I layed her across the bench seat and slowly undressed her while she tried to help me get her naked. We were a ways down the road so nobody was nearby. I stripped quickly in the chill of the late August night.

I jumped into the cab naked and straddled over her. I could smell her arousal. I had fingered her pussy in the past and would habitually smell my fingers until I showered next. My cock is fairly large so I played with her until she was good and wet. I pushed two and then three fingers in to start loosening her up a bit. Then I slowly pushed into her tight fresh cunt with my sheathed member. We weren't ready for an accident especially since I needed to get my plans rolling first.

I'd love to say it was romantic or unbelievably erotic but it was neither. I knew it would get better with experience and she knew it would stop hurting and feel amazing going forward.

After the first year following high school, Ellen started pressuring me to get a place where we could live together. I promised her that I would get us a place as soon as I had enough money saved. It was risky to keep putting it off but I made it to the end of the second year before I went ahead and got my own one bedroom apartment. Not only could I afford it but I would still be putting away savings.

Ellen was ecstatic. We moved in with no furniture other than a mattress and some milk crates. I had a boom box and she had some pots and pans that her mother gave her. Honestly the mattress was all we needed for a few weeks. We fucked like bunnies every chance we had.

Eventually I started taking Ellen out on Saturday mornings to hit the local yard sales. We were able to pick up some nice pieces of furniture that we could keep for many years.

This was about the time we professed our love to each other. I was watching her in awe as she was shearing sheep, which is not easy. I can't fucking do it but she made it look easy. "You know I'm in love with you, right?" She grinned at me and my heart grew bigger.

"You profess your love while I'm shearing sheep? I would have preferred a candlelit dinner but I'll take it. And you, Robert Reynolds, I love you more!! HaHa!" She grinned an even bigger grin. The joy in my heart at that moment was almost unbearable.

We made plans that made it clear we would be getting married someday. We haggled over how many kids we wanted and who was changing the diapers, all that fun stuff.

My goal was to open my own business within the next two years. I didn't tell Ellen. I know, I know, communication in a relationship blah, blah, blah, but she wouldn't have understood why I had to save money. If she knew about it she would want to spend it. Her frugal upbringing made her crave more money. Sorry that's wrong, she craved spending money on frivolous things. That day would come only if I was careful.

Ellen was a pretty girl in high school. Now she was developing into a knockout of a woman. She spent some extensive time working on her appearance. She learned how to apply makeup correctly. She started to collect fashionable clothes (by browsing thrift shops mostly). It became easy for me to shop for gifts for Ellen since she would sit me down and tell me what she wanted and in what size.

Working full-time on her parents farm kept her figure very fit as well. Her smaller sized breasts were firm and her sweet ass was lean yet soft. Every once in a while I would get to see her in a bikini. Her pale skin and petite body looked gorgeous in any color except white.

At this point I was trying to balance my career aspirations with my love of Ellen. It was tricky. Danny was allowing me to get some overtime hours which made my paychecks grow nicely.

A few months into living together Ellen finally abandoned the farm. Her brother and his wife loved the farm anyway so he would stay and work it, and inherit it some day. Ellen got herself a job as a waitress, but she hated waiting on people so she quit. Next she tried being a receptionist. The money was crappy but she seemed to like it. She got to dress nicely and the work was easy. It was her mad money that she started spending on clothes, manicures, beauty products, and hair appointments.

I had saved up some good money but the apartment was slowing me down. So I bought a single wide in a mediocre park on the outskirts of town. I owned the trailer and the lot rental was cheap so now I'd be saving even more.

At this point I was working out my next moves. The owner at my work, Danny, was over sixty years old. I figured there were two possibilities, I could open my own shop and be Danny's competition, or I could buy the shop from Danny so he could retire. I had a lot of ideas for his place to make it more efficient, super profitable and to expand.

One day I walked in early and sat drinking coffee with Danny. I thanked him for all the training and mentoring he did for me. I broached the subject of me owning my own place. He was upset at the thought of me being his competition until I gave him the other option. He was still a few years from retirement age and worried about having enough money. So I offered a sale price for the business and a percentage of the profit for 10 years. It was an offer he couldn't refuse. I had already been working on financing which took only weeks to complete.

It would be an understatement to say Ellen was pissed off at me for spending money to buy a "rundown grease monkey shop." I didn't go into details such as how much, otherwise I would be in big trouble for sure unless I simply lied. I'm sure she just assumed I was deep in debt now.

Before I took over the shop I took Ellen down to Boston for a very nice and quite expensive dinner followed by a night of clubbing and then fucking at a high end hotel. Dinner was the highlight since that was when I popped the question. I had been anxious for days leading up to that night. To my unfounded relief she said yes!!

The ring was very nice and pretty expensive. She was in shock then claimed it must be cubic zirconia.

She loved every minute but she kept asking how much it was all costing. The only thing that ever made Ellen nervous was money. I never answered knowing it could spark some irritation on our special night.

"Babe, I want you to know that I'm going to buy us a big house for our big family." I smiled at her but she went to a face I wasn't expecting. Skeptical? "No I mean it. You deserve a really great home where we can raise our kids."

"Pfft, like we can afford a big house. It's okay honey, any house will be fine." But I could tell by the look in her eyes she was expecting very little. She might even be thinking the trailer park was permanent.

We decided to put the wedding together in six months. I suggested some very nice venues but Ellen shot them all down saying they were too expensive. We ended up getting married at her parents' church. The reception was at a restaurant at the lake. It was nice and we kept it small.

Months after our wedding our lives started to become routine. Not in a bad way. We did fun things often. We both liked going to Lake Bomoseen for some swimming, fishing, boating, and our friends often had parties at the lake. Every time we visited the lake Ellen talked about the famous house on the north end of the lake that was once owned by one of the Marx brothers. It is a stone house that's been there since the 1920's. It's big and classic on a large plot of land. Ellen told me on almost every trip to the lake that she wished she could live there.

The house has been in the same family for about forty years. The Therriens had money and passed the house down several times. It was now owned by Eric Therrien who had been my teacher and basketball coach in high school. I've been to the house several times for basketball get togethers and I told Eric how much I loved the house.

Eric was a mentor and became a friend to me during high school. He knew I was smart but wasn't interested in college that much. He encouraged my love of cars. We worked together on his Jeep that needed a new head gasket. We spent several long days doing the job and became closer in the process.

-----

I spent many long weeks improving my shop. We started going to shows all over New England to showcase our work. We won awards and gained loads of recognition. We even ran out of business cards once. Sales were going through the roof.

I hired new employees in the office so I could concentrate on the work itself. I hired some new employees in the garage to work on auto body and exhaust customization and added another location nearby for engine modifications with a dyno for maximizing horsepower.

I had some bumps in the road but once the team was settled in place the profits started rolling in. I was making a killing and Danny was very happy with his cut. People were bringing us cars from all over New England. Some rich people would bring us just a chassis with an engine and we would turn it into a beautiful creation worth big money.

Four years in, Ellen and I were still in the trailer. I was socking away thousands every month. My goal was to buy a big house for cash, no mortgage. I already had put 100,000 in the bank, but my dad told me to make my money work for me. So I invested it into the NASDAQ. It was around 1998 and the market took off. Two years later I was doing great. It was time to buy a house.

Ellen still thought the business was just getting by. She would visit me now and then after work when the shop was empty and ask me if the business was going to survive. I would chuckle and say, "Yes babe, I think it's doing just fine."

When Ellen's car failed it's inspection, due to rust of course, I told her to buy a new one. I was too busy to go with her shopping but told her I would check out the car before she signed the paperwork. She wanted to buy a cheap used car but I told her to check out new cars. Again she was sure we couldn't afford it.

I got home from the shop late one evening and Ellen wasn't home yet. I made us something to eat while I waited for her to return. Two hours later she finally strolled in with a weird smile. It made me uneasy.

"Where were you?" I asked in a nice tone of voice.

"Just car shopping. The last place I went was the Chevy dealership. I checked out some used and some new cars. The salesman was very helpful and even stayed late to help me decide. He let me take a few test drives so it took longer than I thought. I think I found what I want." She stopped to smile at me weirdly again.

The hairs on my neck were standing up. Something was off, Ellen was off just a hint. And she seemed to be speaking fluent innuendo.

"Okay, what is it? When can we go check it out?" I was just talking while my brain was analyzing her face. She noticed and turned around to get a plate of dinner.

"We can go tomorrow if you have any time."

"Alright tomorrow then, I'll skip out of work early and pick you up." She nodded with a mouth full of food.

-----

I dropped Ellen at the front of Tanner Chevrolet on a rainy day, then found parking. I wandered in the side door ending up in the parts department where they pointed me towards the showroom. I got to the sales floor and saw Ellen standing next to the salesman. She looked towards the double front doors where I should have been entering. When she didn't see me she ran a hand up this guy's chest smiling.

I decided to stand still watching what else might happen. My blood pressure went sky high. If it were me I'd be on high alert but not seeing me anywhere she leaned toward his ear and whispered something. He ran his hand down her arm and almost held her hand. THIS. This is what my Spidey Senses were detecting. Flirting? No it was more than that. This was past the flirting stage. They have something going on or about to!!

I decided to go back out and enter the front doors. The salesman gave me a BIG smile, stuck out his hand, and said, "This must be Mr. Reynolds. I've heard a lot about you. May I call you Rob?"

"NO." I left him hanging on the handshake as well.

It took him by surprise. He was just about to call me Rob. He hesitated then, "Alright then Mr. Reynolds. My name is Marc. Ellen has shown some interest in a couple cars on our lot. I understand you want to take a look before she commits?" I nodded. "Now Mr. Reynolds, I make a lot of money at this job, but for you I can get a ten percent discount right off the top since I don't need the whole commission."

I don't think I would have liked this guy even if he wasn't hitting on my wife. What a douche. He had a Bert Reynolds porn-stache and straight girly looking hair with bangs parted in the middle. He was wearing a shiny silk shirt under a sport coat and polyester pants. If this was a discotheque he'd have fit in well. He was in okay shape but I'd bet my life he couldn't take a punch. If he didn't stop smiling at me I'd get the chance to find out.