All Comments on 'Safe is Just a Word'

by Bebop3

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 4 years ago

Great beginning! I hope she appears in more stories.

5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Well written

This author writes very well but is strangely uninteresting. This is the second story I've read. I guess flat is the word.

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 4 years ago
Not sure how I feel

About a spouse who is hiding massive secrets from her husband. Not to mention he is an unaware victim of she gets caught. The MMA portion also seemed out of place unless this is part one of a series.

I normally love your stories, but this one I don't think I enjoy. Sorry.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraalmost 4 years ago

Excellent story, excited for the next part!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

She is going to need to have a chat with her husband. Secrets rarely stay hidden, especially when new secrets are compounded.

steeltiger01steeltiger01almost 4 years ago

Another excellent tale from Pueblo. I'm eagerly waiting for the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Appreciated it for the story...

You know it’s a good read when you start skimming the sex scenes to get to the storyline! Good job, but another page to wrap up loose ends - detail what she stole from Eli, how she accounted for it with her husband, what happened to Yuri (seems the kind of guy that would come back for vengeance), etc.

Great setup for the ‘other children’ of dad’s partners - and the impact on the parents to the payback.

MordechaiJonesMordechaiJonesalmost 4 years ago
A nice addition to the Pueblo Universe

A well planned caper is always a great read.

jmmj5jmmj5almost 4 years ago

I'm guessing/hoping that more is coming.

I agree with those below that there is going to have to be a serious conversation soon, or her husband may begin to think she is doing other kinds of bad things. Secrets kill relationships.

Love it, though. Thoroughly enjoyed the tale and am looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks for sharing.

tizwickytizwickyalmost 4 years ago

Excellent well written story with a plausible and believable plot. A real joy to read. I can't wait to read the coming chapters to see how she deals with the remaining three "targets" and how she tells her husband about her "activities". I can only imagine her husband becoming a willing partner in her plots of revenge. BTW - Police radio code 10-9 means "Say Again".

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Love Payback

I really enjoy the Pueblo characters tying into all of these stories.

PickFictionPickFictionalmost 4 years ago
A little different

Not the usual thing you find here but an excellent and compelling story. Good work, sir,

WvrjjrWvrjjralmost 4 years ago
Outstanding as usual. 5*

All I can say is wow! Your descriptive powers are stunning. Really appreciate your writing and writing skills.

Thank you

Wayne (from FB)

tennesseeredtennesseeredalmost 4 years ago
Bit o' Robin Hood

I have to grade Bebop on a steeper curve, so a few nits to pick. Why was the point of Yuri? He only makes sense if this is a series. Getting revenge doesn't spring Dad from prison. Would the cops respond to such a one-time message? Maybe long ago but I doubt it today. Good read. Five, of course.

rawallacerawallacealmost 4 years ago
Very good read

Good characters and situation. The suspense in knowing as to whether her love for her husband will cause her to stop before she gets caught is such a strong hook for what may follow. I salute your imagination. I should do so well.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Just one lapse...

in an otherwise well written story. The care and recon she took in her preparations was engaging, only to find out that the presence of security cameras in Eli's apartment would somehow be dealt with later. That made no sense to me. As well, she had no concern that there might be an armed security system that would need to be disabled when she entered.

I do like how the story has layers written in that are revealed a bit at a time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Happy either way

I would be more than happy for this to be the complete story. To me she is content with the outcome, it almost went pear-shaped and she is now ready to settle down with her man. After all, she did tell him she would rather have him in her life out of jail the in her life in jail, so why should she not do the same for him.

I would also be happy for there to be three more chapters; one for each of the ones that are left who ruined the life of her family. Don’t really want her husband to find out.

Just my thoughts on an intriguing story.

OneAuthorOneAuthoralmost 4 years ago
Excellent! 5 stars all the way!

The plot was engaging, the characters were well-written, and the ending was left to the reader's imagination. Is she done trying to get revenge, given that she compensated Eli's wife and that her thoughts are with her home/husband? Or will she continue to take down the children of those who hurt her family? I like to think she's done with that now, and she can live happily ever after with Michael. Of course, you can always write a sequel and clear that up. ;)

Oh, and "no dr pepper" as a story tag is hilarious. I need to come up with a creative one like that for my next story submission.

gnome_mangnome_manalmost 4 years ago

Interesting story.

I agree about the problem with internal cameras. If there were cameras, how would she deal with them? They would have triggered, taken their pictures, and sent them to wherever. Or called in active security personnel, which would have really ruined her life. All the movies, which I am sure reflect real life, have the intruding agent determining where the camera sensors are and doing something to deactivate - or avoid activating - them. That didn't happen in this story, and I consider it to be a problem.

All the same, a very good story. Sondra was obsessed and guilty about it. She knew what she had and she knew what she was doing, that it could destroy her world.

I really like the fact that they owned a shooting range. With the current attitudes towards guns the way they are, I was completely surprised when I read that. I couldn't believe that such a popular writer would pick such an unpopular business and then treat them right.

You did. Obviously, you know more about guns than what you might have gleaned from some gun magazine you scrounged at the local library and the errata absorbed while watching an endless parade of action flicks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Damned good

A very well-told tale/Thank You

HP

ewray321ewray321almost 4 years ago
Good Story

Good story but the ending seemed a little rushed. Would have like to have known more about her and Michael after the fact.

The_Artfull_CodgerThe_Artfull_Codgeralmost 4 years ago
nice

l liked the Todd172 homage

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisteralmost 4 years ago
Great story! Continue for other offenders?

I enjoyed the story very much. It kept my interest all the way through. I think you mentioned that there were others who had wronged her dad. I'd like to hear about how Sondra handled them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
captivated

brilliant!! thank you!! Hope there's more coming, that she gets her revenge, and she and her loved ones stay safe....

skruff101skruff101almost 4 years ago

That’s what I like to see, honesty in marriage, lies are a wonderful way to show the man you love your commitment to him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nice story. 5*

But is it really romance?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
NOT EVERYTHING WORKS OUT EVERYONE............

DAD'S not getting out of prison but on the flipside, Eli will join him. She loves totally and faithfully. Well told story, gets a 5 from me because that's all I can give it. Please keep em coming.

enderlocke27enderlocke27almost 4 years ago
?

romance? no ending, bad beginning. weird man lol just weird

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Really enjoyed it.

Hope you do several more sequels.

TechumsahTechumsahover 3 years ago
Sequel?

I am really hoping there is a sequel coming lots of possibilities here.

ukdukeukdukeover 3 years ago
Very Good

An excellent story.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Liked

Liked it,but would have liked follow ups on how she got revenge on the other three.

Virgo6Virgo6over 3 years ago
Scott Billings

I still want to know what his ex-wife was thinking? Anyway, nice story I hope to read more from them, and the hypocrite golf pro ex-wife. Sorry, but you know you did good, when you got me hung up on her sorry ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

When people who seem to have everything,

What more could they want?

Sometimes true justice?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Could have made a good series from this groundwork.

Chuckles1966Chuckles1966over 1 year ago

There's at least 5 more stories in here. The other 3 revenge stories, Yuri, and coming to a resolution with her dad.

Good story. Thank you.

Tarloso2Tarloso2about 1 year ago

Definitely needs the rest of the story .4 more revenges... potential danger all around...father in jail ..almost a potential movie

ironman1017ironman1017about 1 year ago

She doesn’t love Michael, at least not enough. She’s keeping HUGE secrets from him and if these people are so violent what if she got caught or they went after Michael? Secrets kill relationships. Wish what she’s doing and the secrets she’s keeping would get addressed.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The highest rate of domestic violence is in lesbian relationships. The second highest is women attacking their husbands or boyfriends. Men attacking women is third, and a much lower percentage than the media and government want you to believe. The lowest rate of domestic abuse is in homosexual relationships.

Also, a big chunk of the “attacks” that are listed as being male against female stem from incidents initiated by women, where a man responded. Domestic abuse that is 100% male initiated is vanishingly rare.

Women know how to abuse men and get away with it. When men finally defend themselves, they are blamed and arrested. If there was true justice, there would be a LOT more women in prison, and fewer men.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It’s good to see that you have some legit stories, not that this one isn’t legit in its own way.

I like your writing, and I’m a sucker for Christmas tales, so I’m buying your book 🎉

5* 😎

Tc

AmbivalenceAmbivalence4 months ago

Hoping she's "thinking Michael and not revenge" means she realizes continuing has a higher risk than she was admitting to herself.

She was telling her dad she wouldn't get caught because she was careful but she almost got seriously caught once and did get 'noticed' twice when she'd have rather not.

Reevaluate what's important, Sondra.

dgfergiedgfergie3 months ago

A very good story, sort of a mission impossible story. She did almost get caught good to see a bad guy go down and an abused woman given the chance at a new life. Karma work again.....................5 stars

FlamethrowFlamethrow3 months ago

An excellent story of family ties and revenge.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBebop3@Bebop3
I'm about 55,000 words into Secondhand Hearts, a new story in the Hop on the Bus series. If I can figure out a way to post it here without it being stolen and posted on Amazon, I should have it ready in about a week or so. There's someone who has stolen about eight of my stor...