Sam Spade 14: Case of the Don Who Wasn't Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Instantly Angela was beside me in succubus form. With bright eyes filled with madness she said in a lilting voice, "I love playing with my prey before dinner." She laughed like a madwoman and disappeared. Mentally she said, "Sorry mistress I couldn't resist joining in the fun."

I smiled mentally back at her, "I think several pissed their pants." Aloud I added, "My angel of death likes her little jokes."

"Jokes hell, I know Angela she wasn't joking," Lenny said from one side.

Turning towards him I said, "That brings me to my next topic. I want the names of everyone in this town on the mob's payroll. Several of them decided to take me out and now it's my turn." Lenny sputtered so I added, "Or shall I call Angela back to ask you?"

He sputtered more and finally said, "I don't know. Sue handles that part."

I looked at the others gathered there and said, "You can go, you don't want to see this." Mentally I said, "Sue, I want the books showing who is paid what in this town."

"Goddess, Lenny keeps them locked in his safe." Sue answered back.

As the men left I said aloud, "MiLing come join me for a moment please."

"Yes mistress?" she said coming towards me. "How may I serve you?"

"I know you can sweet talk and take down someone who is not expecting it. However I need to know you can take someone who fights back fully." I gestured towards Lenny, "He has info I want. While I can go and rip it from his mind or let Angela play with him; I want you to do it. In short are you worthy to be one of my special guards like Jenny?"

MiLing looked at Lenny as she walked over to stand before him. "You called me a bitch before for dropping you. Here is your chance for revenge. Come and get it." She reached behind her, pulled her pistol and set it down on the table.

Lenny looked at her and raised his hands, "I don't have a quarrel with you little girl." He paused and looked at me, "Look into my mind, I don't know the names of the people you want Samantha." The moment MiLing's attention shifted to me Lenny launched himself at her. He knocked her to the ground and managed to land several punches before she pushed him off her.

She stood and waited for him to get up. I looked at the blood streaming from her nose and said, "Not too impressive."

Not looking at me she said, "You're pretty fast for an old guy. But you will find you aren't fast enough." She made as to do a sweeping kick but as he blocked low her leg swept up and caught him on the side of the head. The kick knocked Lenny against the wall and as he slid towards the floor she caught him with her elbow against his chin. That knocked him out cold. Stepping clear she kept her eyes on him as she asked, "How far do you want me to take it?"

Before I could answer Angela appeared beside her and replied, "You take it until you can retrieve anything Samantha desires." She looked at Don Bruce and said coldly, "Allow me to demonstrate. I have been looking forward to this Lenny. You were a lousy fuck and had the goddess and Frankie not been upset with me, I would have killed you long ago."

"Five, twenty six, fourteen," Lenny yammered.

"I don't believe you," Angela said as she rushed him. Grabbing him by the neck she threw him across the room. Looking at MiLing she said, "That worthless piece of shit can't die except for taking his head off. However he can feel pain." She paused and mentally added, "To be worthy to watch the goddess's back, you must be ruthless. Jenny found she could cross that line if needed on her own. You are much better trained than her and perhaps that is the problem." She stared at MiLing a long time unspeaking.

Finally MiLing bowed her head, "I will try sister."

Gesturing the two feds to follow me I left the room and walked over to Don Bruce's office. Behind me I could hear objects being thrown around and Lenny's screams. Going over I used the combination that he had said and opened the safe. Pulling out a couple books and a phone I sat down with them. The first one was what I had been looking for. It listed names and amounts of various public officials and the amount that was paid them. Looking up at John and Greg I said, "This is what you want. Go make your report about the meeting and the changes I am making." I handed them the book and added, "You will not mention the incident about the drug dealer. Finally, I want my two good girls to return before the sun rises."

"It will be as you command Mistress," John said. He looked at Greg and added, "Ready?"

"Of course sister," Greg replied. Together they walked out.

"Sit down Sue," I commanded as I opened the next book. It contained several women's names and phone numbers. After each phone number it had little notes like gives great head and loves anal. Tossing it to her I said, "Have a little black book." I checked out the phone as she started going through the book and cussing under her breath. While it had several phone numbers in the contact list, the text messages really caught my attention.

The first was a series of orders from someone named only X about running the mob's day to day operations. However the latest ones concerned someone named after a fictional private detective. It seemed X ordered my death and then Don Bruce's texts to and from various police officers and officials to set me up for a long fall. "Heather, the girls can go back to normal guard duty." I told her mentally. After a second I added," Jasmine, set the computer on stand bye." Raising my eyes I dove into Sue's mind and searched hers for any betrayal. She didn't know anything he was doing to see about my death. "Have you ever heard Lenny talk about someone named X?"

"X?" she asked looking up. I saw confusion in her mind.

"It seems you only thought you were running the family in the background. Someone named X has been giving orders to Lenny for some time." I looked at her and added, "X doesn't like me very much and has ordered him to take me out. In turn Lenny used the District Attorney and others in the police department to frame and have the death sentence carried out on yours truly."

"Mistress there must be some mistake. Lenny would never betray you," Sue replied shocked.

"Like hell Sue, he even tried to say this is your phone and safe. If he can betray you," I gestured to the little black book in her hands. "And his biological daughter by ordering her death, taking me out would be an easy step for him. He already hates me because I stood up to him time and time again." Standing I walked across the hall with the phone in my hand.

Lenny looked like hell and MiLing was standing over him. "That's enough MiLing," I said. She stepped back and continued looking at him. "Angela, I want you to ferry, Sue and MiLing home then come back." Mentally I commanded, "Jasmine to me!"

"Yes mistress?" Jasmine replied standing next to me.

I handed her the phone and said, "I want to know everything about the people in this." Mentally I added, "Just read the texts and you will understand."

As you command," she replied as she took the phone.

Going over to the door I opened it and asked David in a low voice, "Who has Don Bruce's ear? Who does he talk to?"

"He doesn't talk to anyone mistress," David replied.

"I need a car. I need to see a man and I want you to go with me." I closed the door and turned to face Lenny. "Well Don Bruce, I'm not going to ask you who X is. I'm not even going to rip it from your mind." Mentally I said, "Heather could you join me for a moment?"

"Yes Mistress," she replied mentally. A moment later she said, "How may I serve you?"

I told her and the others about the texts I had read while keeping an eye on Don Bruce. Even before I finished I could feel their rage. Even Sue was out for blood once she found out everything. "I want him alive when I get home. But short of that... Make him pay." I paused and then added, "Heather, strip his mind but don't kill."

Heather walked up to him and said coldly, "You make me ashamed to know you are my sister." She back handed him and then grabbed his arm and the pair disappeared. I walked over and picked up my daddy's pistol, holstered it and walked out. Outside I found David standing beside a Porsche.

"If you're going to steal a car, go for the best my father always said." He opened the passenger door and once I was seated closed it and got into the driver's side. "Where to mistress?"

"Fat Johnny's Pasta Emporium," I replied. Fats and I went long back and when I needed advice or information outside he was the man to see. As we drove I asked, "How long have you been with Don Bruce?"

"I guess about twenty years now. I was here when Frankie started the Pink Pussycat. Of course I was only muscle." He paused, "I got made three years ago."

"What did you do to make it all the way in?" I asked. While I was only making small talk, hearing he was a made man raised my curiosity.

"I set up a deal where we could get our product from the Jamaicans' instead of the Columbians'. I was able to get it for pennies on the dollar instead of fifty cents." He laughed, "Funny thing is that the Columbians' took them out after I was made."

I didn't have the heart to tell him I was the one who took them out. Instead I asked, "I thought Don Bruce was against the drug trade."

"Not likely, it is easy money. Buy low, sell to dealers, they do the dirty work and you get rich. How do you think he was able to talk old man Watts into making his daughter marry him?"

"I thought Sue loved him," I said softly.

"The way I hear it, he used that stuff, capture scent, on her and the rest is history." David replied.

"I guess I didn't know him at all," I said looking out the side window. It was bad enough that he wanted me dead but to find he screwed Sue over with capture scent and was the man behind the drug trade really hurt.

Getting out of the car at Fat Johnny's I said, "Keep an eye on things out here." I walked in and for the first time I didn't have to push some muscle out of the way. However a girl tried to ask about my reservation. Ignoring her I went in and over to his table, with her following behind trying to stop me. Finally before his table I stopped and looked at her, "Stop that noise before I stop it." She had a shocked expression and grabbed my arm as if to pull me. Looking down at it for a long second I sighed and met her eyes. "Do you have a death wish or something?"

"It's okay Melissa, Miss Spade is an old friend," Fat Johnny said. The girl let go and with a huff, went back out front. He watched her for a moment before turning to me with a smile, "That's a change; you didn't break up the front on the way in."

Not smiling I sat down and asked, "How much did you know?"

"Know about what Samantha?"

"Fats, I have had a long day and not up for games. Just this one time can you give me straight answers?"

"Okay Samantha, what do you want to know?" Fats replied. He paused a moment and added, "Have a glass of wine and tell me what's bothering you this time."

I took the bottle on his table and not seeing a wine glass, took a sip. "Gah that's vile," I said replacing the bottle. I gave him the short version of what I had gone through in the last day and had found out about Don Bruce. When I was finished I didn't need to ask him what he knew, I could see every bit of it was a surprise to him. In a soft voice I asked, "Johnny, what do I do?" I was almost to tears as I raised my eyes to meet his, "How can I get out of the mess I'm in?"

Instead of replying Fat Johnny snapped his fingers. An instant later a waiter came up. "Get Miss Spade a glass of Bushmills Black on the rocks out of my office." He looked at me and then added, "Better make it a double and tell Tony I want to see him."

"Yes sir," the waiter replied with wide eyes.

He looked at me and asked, "I assume Jimmy is working on the phone angle right?"

"Yes but you know how hard that will be to trace. But what do I do about Do..." I saw him give a little shake of his head. "...Lenny?" A slight man came up and sat on Fat's other side across from me. "Tony," I said nodding my head to him. He had been with Fats the night I saved his life and while we have never been on the same side, we had never fought.

"Tony, who wants Spade dead?" Fats asked.

"Gee Boss who don't?" Tony replied. "I mean she is a pain in the ass, even for a dame."

"You know what I mean," Fats growled. "And you can cut the crap."

"The Jamaicans for one, the mob in general for another and finally Don Bruce for seducing his daughter are the top three." Tony looked at me, "You tend to attract trouble like shit attracts flies."

"Wow, gee thanks Tony. Fuck you too," I replied.

"No fighting at the dinner table," Fats said looking from one to the other. He looked at Tony, "Who is willing to take her and anyone with her on?"

"Angela you mean?" Tony looked off into space and finally shook his head. "No one." He looked at me, "Everyone expects you to make a mistake and go down on your own."

"Tony I want you to sniff around and find out who is actively hunting her ass," Fats said.

Tony nodded and got up as the waiter brought the glass of Irish whisky. When he had gone Fats said, "Samantha, the best advice I can give you is to walk away. Put Lenny back in charge and keep a close eye on him." He lowered his voice and added, "By the way, I think Melissa is a Fed sent here to keep an eye on things."

Taking a sip, I smiled, "This I can handle." I half turned towards her and focused lust her way. After a moment she looked around and her eyes met mine. Then I added love to the lust I sent towards her as if in a sleep walk she came over. Now that she was closer I was able to fill her mind with burning desire and what little will she had left crumbled. "Give me what I want and you can have what you desire," I said into her mind. In the meantime, you can show me how good a little cunt licker you are."

She sunk down to her knees and crawled under the table. Opening my legs, I said aloud, "So what is your real name dear?"

Her hands caressed my thighs and I felt her warm breath on my already slick cunny. "Melissa Scot," came her voice breathlessly between kisses and little licks.

I took a sip of the whisky and then asked, "Who do you work for Melissa? Who do you really work for?" I looked at Fats who was staring wide eyed at me and added, "Drink some wine Fats."

"The Evening Post," Melissa replied. "At least hope so when I show them what I found out."

"Good girl," I replied. "Lose yourself worshiping my cunt," I said mentally to her. Looking back at Fats I said aloud, "A reporter." I took another sip and mentally said, "You may have an orgasm now." I almost laughed at the sounds of her orgasmic bliss from under the table. A few people looked our way but quickly looked away. "You would do anything for me to have another orgasm like that," I commanded into her mind. "Gather all your research and bring it to me please." Mentally I added, "Hurry little cunt licker, hurry back to your goddess." She crawled out from under the table and without as much as by your leave, walked briskly out the restaurant.

"Samantha..." Fats said softly with a touch of quaver in his voice. When I turned towards him he added, "What was that?"

"That meaning Melissa's act I take it." I replied. I could see he was sacred shitless. "Relax Fats," I said as sent feelings of calmness over him. "I asked Melissa a few questions while allowing her to pleasure us both. Of course I didn't cum but I got the info I wanted." I smiled sweetly and took a deep drink of the whiskey.

"Samantha, you did something to her from across the room."

"Do you really want to know the answer? Do you really want to know what I am?"

"I know what you are or have you forgotten I helped your father and Jimmy build your body." Fats said reaching out and resting his hand on my arm. "Did Alvin come up with something new?"

"No, my mother made me to save my life." I paused a long time and then added, "Angela had a hand in helping me become."

"Become what Samantha," Fats asked softly.

"See me for what I am now and don't fear your friend." I said dropping my mask for him.

"Holy shit! What the fuck is that?" he asked quietly.

"It's called a succubus to some and the goddess to others." I paused and looked him in the eye, "But for you, I would much rather be called friend. I have too few of those now days."

"You sold your soul?" Fats asked shocked.

"No, I'm a free agent. I'm the same woman more or less as I was when you and I first met." I paused and smiled, "Remember that? Daddy brought me here for my birthday." With a laugh I added, "I don't think he knew what kind of place you really ran here that night."

"I don't know who was more surprised, him or me. But there was a cute little redhead who was bouncing up and down with excitement who had anyone she met wrapped around her little finger." Fats got a smile as his eyes looked back at the memory. "You bounced up to me and said, your fat but sweet. As your father tried to apologize to me you added, I love your restaurant."

"I did and you have kept it the same all these years." I replied.

"Of course I did, you loved it Samantha."

"Remember what you made for me. Is it still on the menu?" I asked.

Fat's snapped his fingers and the waiter came over. "Please give Miss Spade a menu. She has decided to eat dinner."

"Of course," The man replied. He went up front and grabbing a menu brought it over.

He stood waiting as I opened and looked through it. On the bottom of the last page in a box was Samantha's Birthday Dinner. I smiled at it and then looked up at the waiter, "I'll have Samantha's Birthday Dinner."

"Very good... and what would you like to drink with that?" he asked.

I turned towards Fats who replied. "Milk, small glass." The waiter looked at him odd before nodding and walking off.

A minute later the waiter returned and said, "I'm sorry, we are out of the ingredients. You will have to pick something else."

Laughing I looked at Fats and said, "That's just what the waiter said eighteen years ago."

"It was seventeen years, five months and twenty seven days ago." Fats replied. "And I am about to do the same thing I did then." He stood and with the waiter following, walked back to the kitchen. About five minutes later he returned, "You should have dinner in about thirty minutes."

"May I ask what you said?"

"I told them that if they could not fill any order on my menu then they had better pick a direction and start running. I added that you and your sidekick Angela tend to shoot first and forget about the questions." Fats leaned back with a smile.

"I wouldn't forget the questions. In addition, I have never killed someone over a meal." I said with hurt feelings.

"No but Angela would in a heartbeat if she thought you were upset over it. She is very protective of you Samantha."

Leaning back I took a sip, "Yes she is and that has saved my life more than once. But she only goes for the kill when she needs to." I paused again and said softly, "Johnny, you know once Sue finds out he was behind the drug trade and drugged her to take control of the families, his life span could be measured in seconds."

"Why let her know?"

That question threw me. Finally, I looked him in the eye and said, "If you don't know the answer to that question then I am sitting here talking to the wrong person."

Not meeting my gaze Fat Johnny said, "Sam, sometimes it is better not to tell someone something just because you know it and they don't." He looked up and met my eyes, "Had I told you what you are, you would have never believed me."

He had me there. "You have a point there. But in this case, he will tell her himself. Lenny won't be able to not to. All of my girls are telepathic with each other."

"Telepathic? How is that possible and how do you block out all the noise of them thinking at once?"