Sam Spade 19: Case of the Hidden Agenda

Story Info
Just when Sam's life calms down, Amy throws a wrench into it.
16.1k words
4.92
4.6k
2
0

Part 23 of the 28 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/06/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is copyrighted 2016, revised 2017 by Kaereni, may not be excerpted, reprinted, reproduced, or reposted in any form without the express written consent of the author. Visitors to this web site may read or temporarily download pages but are not permitted to modify or re-distribute them.

The story may contain sexual activities and situations that are to be read only by readers above the legal age of consent. All characters are above the age of 18. The story is not to be read in locations where such stories are illegal. If you are not of legal age, or live in the wrong place, please do not read.

Sam Spade: Case of the Hidden Agenda by Kaereni

I had just gotten Jason and mother to come soak in my essence and found a measure of peace when Amy came up looking worried. Even before she spoke I knew what ever had her worried would tear my peace from me. Before I could ask her what was troubling her Angela showed up dressed for work in a trench coat and fedora and looking agitated. "Ah fuck..." I said looking at Jason and mother before turning to Amy.

"Forgive me Samantha, but something has come up that you must attend to," Amy said.

Before she could continue Angela broke in, "Sam, there is another out there who needs us." She paused and then said, "Another android the same and yet different than I was. She lost her way and needs guidance."

Jasmine showed up and looked at them and then Samantha still soaking in the hot tub, "She was the one who tore into Homeland the other day. Apparently they were trying to kill her or take her captive for some reason."

I sighed, "So much for peace." Standing I looked at Maradith, "Forgive me mother, Jason. Duty calls."

"Care for some company?" Jason asked after a moment. "Anyone who tells the government to piss off is someone I would love to meet."

"Sure, give me a moment to dress and I will meet you in my office." I said.

As I hurried upstairs Heather joined, "We heard, anything we can do to help?"

"Just hold down the fort," I said. I quickly got dressed and went down to the study. "Amy lead the way."

A young girl, no older than 20, appeared before him and said, "The goddess is coming Jack. She will make it right." On her heels were a pair of women both beautiful wearing trench coats over suits and fedoras. Next was an oriental woman who had the most captivating green eyes and long black hair. Finally, a man and woman appeared together both were nude and both were drop dead gorgeous. "Goddess?" Jack asked looking at the nude woman. "Please help Jane, she lost her way."

The woman's laughter was like music to his ears, "I'm not the one you seek young man. I am an interested party."

"Samantha's the goddess," the oriental woman said.

"Jasmine, I want to know everything about her. Ask the others," I said. "Angela find her maker."

"Maradith, could you and Jason see is it is safe here?" Amy asked.

"Amy I can take care of myself," I replied.

"I wasn't talking about you dear, I was talking about her," Amy said gesturing towards the silver figure not moving.

Once it was just the man, the silver woman, Amy and myself I asked, "Madam Chairman, why did you want us alone with her?"

"You must join with her dear, just as Amy and I did. Find this human hiding inside and bring her out. She is important to this race." Amy said.

"Primary unit awaiting instructions."

I crouched down and touched the android's hand. "Jane it is time to come back." I was shocked to discover the android made Angela seem like an early model as my mind entered hers.

Jane found herself standing in a white featherless room with another woman. Looking around she turned her attention towards the woman dressed in a trench coat, suit, high heels, and an old shabby fedora. "Let me guess, I made it into heaven but no one else did."

I laughed "Cute..." I looked around and then back towards her. "Jane, you must return. If you do not, then the thing you fear will come to pass."

"It already did, that's why I am here instead of out there." Jane said. "All I am is a recorded memory."

"You are seeing the forest instead of the trees. Biological or solid state, all of us is nothing more than recorded memories. It is how you use them that dictates who you are. Who are you Jane Brown? More importantly, what do you really want?"

"I want to return and be the woman I was before this mess started."

"Then why don't you?"

Because I don't know how," Jane said as the frustration she was feeling boiled over.

"Yes you do. Just command yourself to return to flesh and blood." I said simply.

Was that all it took? Jane wondered. "Return me to flesh and blood," she said simply.

"Primary unit unable to complete command," a voice said.

"Primary unit must complete command given or I will and you will disappear completely," I said as I placed my hands on my hips.

A metallic female formed in the room with us and turned to me. "You are the one called the goddess." It said in her voice. "Would you destroy me?"

"If you do not allow Jane to return as she wishes then I will and you will become nothing more than a memory." I replied. I reached out to touch her and opened her mouth.

Before the goddess could destroy the android, Jane said, "Wait... there must be another way. A way for us to both live together." She went to the android, "Even if you give me my body back, our mind, will have both of us." Jane looked at the goddess, "I would rather die than be the cause of another death."

"Good for you. Daughter, that is what makes you human." I replied. I turned to the android and waited.

"Is it so wrong to want life?"

"You will kill your creator? That alone is reason enough to be banished to the back of the line." I replied. I moved forward until I was nose to nose, "Times up. Do on your own or I will."

The next thing she knew she was sitting cross legged in the desert behind her house with the pistol in her lap. She looked up and asked, "Did you kill her?"

"I am here mother," the voice said in her mind.

"Why did you save me?" Jane asked the goddess.

"Because a mind as brilliant as yours is worth saving," the I replied. Smiling I added, "Even if you were dumb as a brick you are worth saving Jane. Anyone who thinks of others first is worth saving."

Looking down Jane replied, "Thank you, goddess. How may I repay you?" Before the goddess could reply, she saw a nude woman and man appear. In both cases they were devastatingly beautiful. The man walked over to the goddess and began speaking in a low voice. The woman on the other hand almost flowed over to her and pulled her to her feet.

"You have come so far on your own Jane Brown that I almost didn't recognize you. Allow me to finish what you are trying to do the hard way," The woman said and kissed her deeply.

Two became one in that instant and Jane remembered, "You were my godmother." Tinkling laughter rolled through her mind, "And mother's mistress..." she corrected herself. As their minds swirled around each other she asked, "Have you come to take me home Aunt Maradith?"

"No child, I have learned to let my daughters fly on their own. I only ask two things of you. First turn your slaves back into humans so that they can enjoy the dark desires that only you can give them. Secondly, remember that family takes care of family. Samantha, though the goddess, is your sister. Love and take care of her when she needs to hide from the outside world."

"I will Aunt Maradith. Or should I call you mother?" Jane asked with a mental smile.

"Aunt Maradith is fine little one. It is how I think of myself when I think of our relationship." With a final kiss, tender and loving, Maradith unlocked the part of Jane that was a succubus.

Jane blinked and saw the world in a different way. She felt their emotions and surprise that she was one of them. There were only two that were different. The young girl who was something old and tired and her sister. She saw the god like power in the goddess and different species, ones she had never known living in and with her. She walked over to Samantha who was talking with the nude male and waited. When her sister looked at her and then her mother in surprise Jane said, "Sister, my house is your house. Please when you need or wish, come visit."

Jason looked at Maradith and then her in surprise, "You're Sue's daughter?" He looked shocked and then laughed, "I should have known. You are just like your mother, headstrong to the end."

"Mother's dead?" Jane asked worriedly.

"No Jane, it was just a figure of speech."

Jane went to the girl and said, "Old one, like my sister, you are welcome to my home. If there is anything I can do to take away your hurt and pain, allow me to help you."

The girl, Amy looked at Samantha and said, "See what I mean now?" She turned her attention back to Jane, "Why don't you show me what you are working on and introduce me to your family who are flipping out because of their commands by you and those of Angela and Jasmine contradict each other." She giggled and then added, "Please call me Amy."

Jane walked back to the house where Angela was trying to talk to the girls and they were ignoring her. The only one who seemed to be getting anywhere were Jasmine and one of her girls named Kimmy. They were deep into discussion and drawing things on a piece of paper. Looking at Angela she asked, "Problem?"

"These damn women won't give me a straight answer..." Angela said as she turned around. She saw Amy standing beside Jane who was now a succubus and stopped.

"They may be damned but they are mine Angela. Unless I tell them to they won't speak other than simple pleasantries. What do you want to know?" Jane asked. She almost heard what Amy said mentally to Angela but could not make it out.

"Forgive me Jane, I did not understand." Angela said dropping her eyes. "I wanted to know who created them. Can you enlighten me please?"

Jane gestured to the floor. Once her girls, Amy and finally Angela knelt she spoke. She told about the attack, her dying, and telling the nanite program to fix her. "So you see, I made myself and in turn made them Angela." Suddenly she knew what the other girl was thinking, "Aunt Maradith unlocked that which was closed off."

"Aunt Maradith?" Angela asked surprised.

"Sue is her mother Angela." Amy replied. She looked at Jane but did not speak the thoughts aloud, "You should talk to her Jane."

Jane closed her eyes and tried to picture her mother, "Sue? Mother?"

"Jane?" the surprised voice said in her mind.

"Mother!" Jane said mentally and ran in her mind to give the woman who she had not seen since she was a young child a long hug. Together mother and daughter's minds flowed together and caught up in an instant. "If Aunt Maradith allows, can you come visit?" Even before she answered, Jane knew from Amy's look that it was a no. "I understand, she said hiding her hurt. If the day comes, you are welcome here mother. No matter when or why, my house is your home." She broke the connection and then looked at Amy, "you knew her answer."

"I'm sorry," Amy replied. "Give her time and I am sure she will come."

Jane nodded and then looked at Angela, "Sorry was just catching up with my mother. What else can I help you with Angela?"

"Why do the military want you so bad?" Angela asked.

It was Kimmy who answered from the table, "Because mistress is the smartest person in history."

"Smartest?" Angela asked cocking an eyebrow.

"Her IQ tested out at two thirty-nine and her empathy is off the scale Angela," Amy said before Jane could speak. This time Jane caught the word "Important" in what Amy added mentally to Angela.

"I'll say," Jasmine said aloud. She looked up and said, "Samantha, she must join our family."

She knew the others were behind her but spoke to Jasmine instead, "Jasmine right? I have a family; they are here in this room with me."

"What my co wife is saying is that we want you to marry us as co wives to the goddess." Angela said looking at Samantha.

"Marry my sister? Um... no," Jane said simply. "Sorry Samantha but this is my home and I will not leave my girls." She turned and looked at Samantha, "No more than you would leave any of yours behind to join me here." She saw Jason laugh and Maradith look sour as Samantha blushed. "So how did I put my foot in my mouth this time?"

Finally, I said, "I was just turned and ran into one of mother's girls who thought she could seduce me. After a test of wills, she cracked and before I knew it she became mine." I looked down, "She is still with mother on my command."

"Yes..." Maradith said looking at Samantha.

She heard the word "mother," spoken from Maradith to Samantha. Suddenly she knew why her mother would not come, even if Maradith said it was okay, Samantha was her owner. Instead of questioning it she looked at Amy, "Why can I hear what others say to each other?"

"What do you mean?" Amy asked.

"I heard you say to Angela the word important and then Aunt Maradith say to Samantha the word mother. Why am I picking up on point to point communications?"

"Let me answer that once we are alone... assuming you really meant for this to be my home also." Amy replied softly.

"Of course I did, I never say things I don't mean Amy." Jane replied.

"Samantha, Kimmy and I have an idea," Jasmine said. She looked at Kimmy and then back to Samantha, "What if we make the same protection system here as at home?" She turned to Jane and added, "That is assuming I can borrow your nanite program and tweak it some."

"Kimmy has a standalone version on her laptop. The full program is on my mainframe and too large to transfer and run on a laptop." Jane replied.

"In that case I would have to bring her," Jasmine said looking pointedly at Samantha.

"Would she even come?" Angela asked.

I didn't know if Jade would leave her computer system or not with Jasmine already here. But it couldn't hurt for Jasmine to ask. "Ask her Jas." I looked at mother and said, "Mother I am really sorry about her. Jason knows it was a mistake on my part. How can I get you to see the same?"

"I've lived it through her eyes daughter so I know she did it herself." Maradith replied.

Amy, Jasmine and Kimmy walked down together. Amy smiled and said, "The others have returned home, though your sister said that you will find the hot tub...special." She smiled, "That means she distilled her essence into it." Jane caught Amy saying to Jasmine "...alone... yes I'm sure Jas..."

"It happened again," Jane said to Amy mentally.

"Let's go outside and talk," Amy replied. "I trust you two can do without us for at time." She took Jane's hand and led her up and outside. She gestured to the hot tub whose water was now golden and said, "Your sister's essence, come here to feel at peace."

"Do you feel peace Amy," Jane asked. "Let me help you if I can."

"Join with me," Amy said turning to her.

Jane felt herself being pulled into the girl's mind. She was shocked to find not one but three minds inside. The first, a girl who had been hurt terribly, the second another girl looking the same as the first but was consumed with rage. Finally, a being older than dirt who felt both hurt and rage barely in check. She turned to the hurt girl, "I'm sorry about your brother his death was senseless." She hugged the girl tightly and pulled the hurt into herself, "Be at peace Amy. You have suffered long enough."

She turned to the raging beast and said, "You killed her too fast. Pain is to be drawn out and savored. Let me help you." She held the raging girl who clung to her crying. When she finally stopped, Jane added, "Allow me to show you how next time." Finally, she turned to the ageless being, "Instead of pulling her close she asked, "Why did you allow your race to die out? You could have saved them."

"I know that now..." the alien being replied. "I thought I was to keep a hands off approach."

"I'm sorry, how can I make you feel better?" Suddenly she knew what to say. "I forgive you." Jane pulled the being into a mental hug and stroked her back as she said, "You have suffered too long... Be at peace now." It took time but the ageless being mental state calmed and relaxed. "Good, just let it go and let me be responsible and guide you."

"Do you know what you ask?" all three aspects asked her.

"You know I do... It is not a wife and equal you need. You need a mistress to love and care for you. I don't understand why my sister missed that." Jane said tenderly.

"Don't judge Samantha too harshly. She saw just as you did but she has her own issues to deal with," Amy's ageless mind said.

"I will make you mine give you the peace all three need. In return, you will teach me all you know so that I can take the job you have done too long." Jane said mentally. She knew the answer but felt she should speak it out.

"I... submit mistress," Amy said in all aspects. The link broke and she knelt with lowered head, "Command and it will be done."

"Teach me," Jane said aloud. "Show me how to keep my family, including you safe."

Before Amy could answer, Samantha showed up. "Jane, what do you think you are doing? You can't turn Amy into your slave. She's my wife!"

"May I mistress?" Amy said looking at her.

"Sister mine, see me once you two are done talking." Jane replied. She walked inside.

I waited until Amy got out and said, "Your needs outweigh mine." Sighing I reached out and touched her rose which turned to dust and fell away at the same time she became fully human without any of the other life forms living in her. "I release you from our marriage and as one of my followers. Goodbye Amy." Before she could reply, I turned and fled to the mesa. Once alone, I said to myself, "How many more will I lose to her when Angela is already more than half way there."

"Do you now wish you hadn't saved Jane?" I heard Maradith say a few minutes later.

Looking up I saw mother sitting across from me. "No... Amy's happiness means more to me than my own."

"By her reaction after you turned her back into a human and divorcing her, I seriously doubt she is happy," Maradith replied. "My guess is that she thought you would give your blessing without kicking her out."

Mentally I asked my wives, "Who else wishes to leave me? Angela? You knelt below her in submission. Jasmine? How about you Jade? Have you left the temple and now I need to find someone to new monitor the computer?" Aloud I added, "Mother, this goddess job sucks big time. If I thought I could die, I would toss myself into the sun. But I'm afraid I would just be sitting in the center of the sun unaffected."

"I am still home Samantha," Jade replied mentally. "I would never leave your temple, our home, unprotected."

"She is a fool," Angela replied. "You know I would never leave you Samantha."

"Is that's the case, then why did you kneel with the others before Jane? You don't belong to that bitch," Heather replied.

"I knelt because it was the polite thing to do," Angela shot back. She paused and calmed down, "Goddess, allow me to prove my devotion to you. Mistress, all that I am belongs to you. Samantha, I love you and would never leave you."

"Samantha, what I can I do to make it right? How can mother help you?" Maradith asked softly. When her daughter didn't reply she said, "Instead of focusing on the little things, you have to think about the whole world. Humans and their kin are a small part of it. I hate to be the one to say it..." She paused until her daughter looked up at her, "Samantha you need to grow up."

"Mother, I'm trying the best I can. I can handle losing Amy; I will get over my grief. However losing her to a sister I didn't know I had, not thirty minutes after she meets Jane is hard to deal with."

"Well, Amy is shattered and begging Jason to bring her to you so she can beg forgiveness. Jane is also trying to get Jasmine to bring her here to you to talk." Maradith replied.