Sam Spade 19: Case of the Hidden Agenda

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"All will join you," Jason said appearing beside mother.

"Goddess, you can reach out to the were through Fa and the night walkers through Franki and Molly," Amy said.

"Then we have a plan," I said standing. "Heather I want Fa, Lilith, Molly and Angela to go with me. Pass on to all we are going to a were bar and visit her old clan. "Tell Molly that we will be going to pay a visit at her old place of employment afterwards."

I smiled at Amy as she returned, "Amy while you are here I would like you to work with Jade, Jasmine and Heather. More than anyone, these three must keep my temple functioning and all safe. Please teach all you can to your sisters." What I didn't add aloud was before you leave. I looked at Heather and said, "Please teach Amy and allow her to become a priestess under you." Mentally I added, "Heather be her friend, love her as a little sister and listen to her troubles. Give her a purpose and make her feel needed here. I can't stand the thought of losing her again."

Going to my room I got dressed and put my daddy's pistol in its holster. I touched the rose Lady Darkness had given me so long ago after our night of pleasure. "Lady, can you meet me tonight at the bar we first met? Also can you see if obsidian is free to join us." In my mind I saw her look up, smile in my direction and nod.

As I came out I saw Mi Ling kneeling outside of my door. Since the incident with the ponies where she and her three other special bodyguards had given nameless aka Marie a shit job, I had not spoken with her or any of the other handlers. "Mi Ling..." I said looking down at her. I waited to see how she would ask to go with me.

"Goddess..." What had been simple when she had knelt here now seemed nearly impossible to ask. "Goddess, the sisterhood wishes to join with you if you will allow it."

"Tell me of this sisterhood of yours," I asked curious.

"Six thousand years ago, it was said that a woman with fiery red hair, eyes like emeralds, and the skin of a ghost would come. She would come from far to the east across the great sea and face death. Only then would she ascend and lead those who were pure of mind, body and heart." Mi Ling paused, "It was thus the sisterhood was formed so we would be able to become warriors in your service in the time of the Great War."

Instead of replying to her I said mentally, "Lilith, may I see you for a moment?"

"Of course Samantha," Lilith said popping into existence before Samantha. "What can I do for you?"

"What do you know about the sisterhood?" I asked.

"First hand... Very little. Though I know the cult has been around the far east for many years. The ones I have met have been unwavering in their devotion to their goddess." Lilith replied. She smiled at Mi Ling, "Little sister here knows more about them than I."

"Lilith, I have two tasks for you, First I need the location of all of your daughters. Also see if any of them know anything about the cult. For them to be around for that long, someone has to know how the cult started." I paused and smiled, "Please don't fight with mother. It hurts me when you both fight together."

Lilly was going to say that her daughter was wrong, but she like the rest of Samantha's wives knew how fragile the goddess was. Between the issue with Amy and her sister, and the stress of the job, the goddess was at the breaking point. "I'll be nice."

Once Lilith disappeared I looked down at Mi Ling, "Once I deal with the were and Lady D, we'll go to meet them. But yes if any are close all they need do is show up, strip at the gate and will be welcomed." I smiled, "So how many are there? Just so I can tell Jasmine how many to expect."

"Twenty-seven million worldwide goddess," Mi Ling said. "Only seventeen thousand in the states."

"Heather do you have a moment?" I asked mentally.

Heather and Amy showed up almost before I finished speaking. "How may we serve you?"

"Heather, the sisterhood will be joining us. I want to make sure we have enough food and space for them."

"How many?" Heather looked from Mi Ling to Samantha.

"Twenty seven."

"Oh well they can come..." she started as I added. "million."

Heather's eyes got large and in a tiny voice squeaked, "million?"

"Million," I replied.

Amy giggled and then whispered something to Heather who smiled also. "No problem Goddess, we will handle everything." She looked at Mi Ling, "Sister, would you come with us so we can arrange everything for the sisterhood."

To her credit Mi Ling looked at me. I nodded and smiled. Amy helped her up and began talking to her softly as they walked away. The only thing that bothered me was all three of them giggling together. Mi Ling had always seemed so serious, I had never seen Heather do more than a slight smile at anything, and Amy was quiet and reserved. At least they had been that way until just now.

Giving my head a shake, I went do the front door and found the others waiting. Looking at Fa I said, "Fa, I know your brother and old clan will not be happy to see you or I. Would you rather not go?"

"Goddess, where you go I follow," Fa answered.

"Even if I have to remove your brother so someone else who will listen to my message can lead in his place?" I asked. I saw that gave her pause, "All of you must hear and understand what I say," I thought to all my followers. "There are three paths that lay before us. I say us because my actions and actions against myself are actions against all of us." I paused and looked at Angela as I continued, "We can let the Great War happen as foretold by Lilith's dark dream. Humanity will be driven to its knees but we will prevail. However, the actions I will be forced to take to save my family, I will kill myself out of self-disgust and it will fall on my daughter and angel of death to continue my teachings without me."

I took a breath before continuing, "I can bind all humanity to me in a heartbeat. It will remove the cause of the war before it even starts. Some would say do it! But sisters, what is the cost? One of my wives found out the hard way what happens when you act without thinking. In that act, she divorced me, our family, and all I stood for. She realized almost immediately her mistake, but the damage had been done. Yes, I forgave her and welcomed her back with open arms," I looked at Amy who showed up with wide eyes. "I love her; how could I do anything less. Love isn't something you can turn and off light a light." She fled into my arms and I hugged her tightly, "I love you so much Amy."

"I love you too, Samantha," Amy replied clinging to me.

After a moment I let her go and said, "The damage I spoke of was not between her and I. The damage was between my half-sister and myself. That drama has not finished playing out." Caressing her face, I pulled her into a separate timeline with me and said tenderly, "I have something you have to think about. I miss the rose in your hair. But you have to make a life time commitment. While working with Heather, look inside yourself and deal with the desire to kneel below Jane once and for all."

"Samantha, I don't need any time. I want... No I need to stay with you," Amy cried.

"Amy, I know the human sides of you want and need to stay. I speak to the former chairman. You are the side that is pulled to Jane. You know it and I know it. Decide what you want and then we will talk." Returning back to the normal flow of time with her I turned my attention to the others standing before me and my followers. "So you see that for me to act rashly is almost as bad if not worse than me to not act at all."

"Knowing those two options are a mistake, the only thing left we can do is try to stop the war before it starts. To do that, we have to do anything we can to delay it and add as many followers we can in the process. There has to be a tipping point where the war won't happen." I closed my eyes and added to myself, "I hope they can come up with ideas because I need all the help I can get." I looked at Fa, "Do you have the answer to my question now?

"Goddess, if you wish, I will kill my brother and take control of the clan. You, and my sisters here are my family and are the only thing that matters to me now." Fa replied.

"Amen," Molly added.

"Let's hope it won't come to that Fa," I said. Closing my eyes, I took a step and found myself outside a breed club out in the west end. I waited until the others appeared and said, "Don't do anything foolish."

"We know, that's your job," Angela replied. "Don't worry all we will do is watch your back."

I shook my head and pulling my daddy's pistol hammered on the door. After a few seconds the slot opened and a pair of eyes looked out. Before I could speak Fa stepped forward and said, "I need to speak to John."

I looked at her and then the pair of eyes looking out, "Open the door mortal."

The slot closed and then a moment later reopened, "He no want to talk to you. You outlaw."

The slot closed again and I closed my eyes to count to ten.

I was still counting when I heard Angela say, "I told you it was the hat." She looked at the other two, "Last time we came the same thing happened. So I figure it must be Samantha's shabby fedora."

"It is a bit worn," Fa agreed with a giggle.

"It has character," I said sticking my tongue out at Angela. Turning to Fa and Molly I continued, "Fa, I think you're right. Angela covers her fear with her sharp wit." I said with a smile.

"Then she must be the most fearful person I have ever met," Molly replied with a giggle.

As Angela snorted I smiled and stepped through the door. On the other side I grabbed the ware by his furry neck and said, "Fa may be outlaw to you, but she is my wife. You have one chance to open the door and apologize to her." Letting him go I holstered my pistol and waited with hands on my hips.

The were opened the door and lay on the floor with arms at his sides, "I'm sorry little sister. I just do my job."

Fa stepped forward, crouched and rested her hand on his neck, "I forgive you brother." Standing she looked at me and then offered her hand to the male to pull him to his feet.

Turning into the club I saw John sitting at his table with several females and a younger male. By the time I made it to the dancefloor and about ten feet away from him I had a crowd around me but just out of arm's length away. "What no special music for me?" I asked.

"Just say what you have to say Spade and leave," John said coldly.

Not looking at John I looked around the club. "There is a Great War coming. Unless I can stop it, it will drive humanity to its knees and kill all save a few off. Just imagine it." In my mind I saw the mushroom clouds as nation attacked nation and the cities fall. The bodies and the scent of death filled my mind and spread to those in the club. I opened the door in my mind where I pushed all the hurt and feelings of loss and showed them what it felt like to lose the ones you love. Finally, I pushed the hurt away and closed the door in my mind. Still not looking at him I said, "Is this how you want it to end?" Finally turning to John I said, "Help me stop the madness before it escalates out of control."

"You think you can come in and spread your lies and we will follow you like sheep?" John said coldly.

"Either you are for stopping this war, or are for it. If it is the latter just say so John, then we will find out if your replacement is any smarter than you." I countered. He didn't reply so I added, "Or are you still cowardly and will run away for the third time rather than stand up for what you believe in."

Fa stepped forward, "I'm ready to die for my cause brother." She spat out brother as if it were a distasteful word. "Are you?" She looked around the club before turning back to him, "I challenge you for control of the clan as is my right by blood."

"You have no rights, you are outlaw," John said.

"You are not fit to lead, you are nothing but a coward, a petty dictator without a thought about anyone but yourself," Fa said. She looked around, "You would follow one such as this?"

"Enough," I said getting angry. Suddenly out of the blue a lightning bolt came down and fried him. I was as surprised as everyone else in the club but recovered and said, "I will remove who I need to without reservation to save the world. There is more at stake than your race's petty games." I focused on the younger male and saw he was John and Fa's younger brother Richard. "I trust you will have better sense than your foolish brother."

Richard looked at Fa who was staring at where John had been. "Sister, Fa..." She looked at him, "Will you come home and lead us?"

"Little brother, my place is beside the goddess as one of her angels. You lead the clan. When you are ready to join the goddess's family let me know and I will guide you." Fa said. She looked around, "Brothers and Sisters... What the goddess has shown you is true and will happen unless we can stop it. I can't stand the thought of losing you. Please think about joining us." She turned back to her brother, "Please little brother..."

"I cannot speak for the clan until we have a family meeting. But I will counsel to join with you as part of the Goddess's family." Richard replied. He looked at me, "I will send a massager as soon as I know. This I swear."

I nodded and with the others following left the club. Closing the door, I said, "Onward," and took a step forward and found myself outside the vampire bar. In a moment everyone else showed up. "Fa, what do you think?"

"Goddess, I think you scared the pee out of my brother and the clan." Fa said. In fact, she was more scared of what may happen than she had been before. It was one thing to be told it, but to live it in the dream state shook her to the core. As it did for all her wives and the goddess's other followers.

Going in I looked around and saw obsidian with a small o sitting at the bar and looking as beautiful as she had the last time I had seen her. Going up I smiled at the bowl of blood pretzels before her. "Someone remind me to buy stock in blood pretzels."

"Miss Spade, Samantha!" obsidian said turning around. "What brings you here?" She looked at Molly and then Fa who was looking around worriedly. "And you brought company. Hello Molly, how are you? She hugged Molly and then turned to the were, "I'm obsidian with a small o, who might you be?'

"Fa," Fa replied timidly. The vampire before her acted and looked as if she were royalty.

"Don't worry about obsidian, she was an actress in a past life." Lady Darkness said coming up. She looked at the young were looking around worriedly and rested her hand on the girl's shoulder, "Have no fear little one, everyone knows us and knows how Miss Spade can be." She laughed and looked at the bartender, "Right?"

The bartender Miss Spade and then Lady Darkness, "Everyone knows not to mess with Miss Spade." He wondered about the rumors about Angela being her angel of death; But was not in a rush to find out first hand.

"Shall we take it to a table?" Lady Darkness asked. "Join us obsidian, somehow I don't think this is a social call."

"Ohh?" obsidian asked. She grabbed her blood pretzels and a glass of white wine and looked at her mink laying draped over the chair next to where she was sitting. "Claus be a dear and watch my stole."

As the others started forward to a booth, Angela looked at the bartender and said softly, "If anything happens tonight, you won't have to worry why I am called her angel of death, you will find out first hand." She paused and then added, "Bring a bottle of blood wine with four glasses and a bourbon on the rocks."

Right behind Angela I saw the bartender come up with a bottle of blood wine and a drink for me. "Could you also get another basket of blood pretzels?" I asked as he set everything down.

As Angela sat down she said, "I'm sorry if I ordered the wrong things, I only knew what Sam wanted from long experience. I thought the blood wine would be a safe bet."

Molly smiled as she opened the bottle and poured herself a glass, "Sisters? Lady?" she asked looking around.

"Yes please dear," Lady Darkness replied. She could feel the fear rolling off the three girls and The only one who seemed to be at peace was Samantha. "So what brings you down here tonight Samantha?"

I took a drink and then said, "I need to speak to the elders. I don't know any other than you two. There is a great war on the horizon and I must do all I can to stop it."

"Goddess, I don't think I can go though it several more times. Is there any way you can just tell everyone at once?" Angela asked.

That stopped Lady's retort in her throat. That Angela could not face something again worried her deeply. "What is it you can't face Angela?" she asked softly.

"The cost..." Angela whispered.

I closed my eyes, "This is to all rational creatures. There are forces who wish for a great war to begin. Not nation vs nation but rather all races of man against each other and then the survivors fighting over the scraps until humanity in all its forms are gone save a few of my worshipers in pocket temples." I paused and took a drink and continued, "Please forgive me but I must show so you truly understand. Imagine all you love everything around you is removed. The sun, the moon, the stars in the sky. Your love, your family, pets, friends gone and leaving you alone." I closed my eyes because I could not stand the look of horror in both Lady's and obsidian's eyes and their blood tears. The hurt and lost bubbled up again and slammed into the minds around me and throughout the globe. Even Angela's, the original Angela, burning alive burst forth like a bubble and spread to each thinking mind in the solar system. "If the Great War happens that which I showed you happen." Again I paused, "I am too much a realist to believe that everyone will get along. All I ask is for it not to escalate."

"Samantha... is there no hope?" Lady Darkness asked fearfully.

"Lady, there is always hope." I said reaching out to rest my hand on hers. I went on to tell her the same thing I had told Richard. I paused and then added, "We, the races on this planet must grow up and get past our petty differences. To join with and under me means you will gain parts of each race of man and two symbionts that live in us." I turned to obsidian and said, "In your case, it will help you be able to go out in the daylight. Molly, what happened when we watched the sunrise with mother?"

"It was a profoundly beautiful moment, goddess." Molly turned to obsidian and added, "All I got was a sunburn which cleared up in a few minutes."

"To see a sunrise again...." obsidian said in a whisper that trailed off.

"I don't know for sure how much time I have before it passes the point of no return." I sipped my bourbon and looked at the glass and gave a short bark of laughter, "Hell, I don't even know who will start it or where it will come from. I just know it is coming."

Every wife and follower was horrified at the vision the goddess had shared with them. No wonder she was at the edge of the abyss thought Angela. With that filling her mind and the knowledge she had to stop it at all cost.

I looked at obsidian and then Lady Darkness, "Just as I was willing to pay any price to save my family, I will pay any price to save the planet."

"As will we," obsidian said after glancing at Lady Darkness.

"We must go, I have to go pester some humans next," I said getting up. "Thank you for meeting with us, with me." I walked over to the bar and pulled out a hundred-dollar bill and put it on the bar. "Buy a round on me... we all need a drink now."

Wordlessly he took the bill and as I turned away he asked, "Goddess, the vision, is it true?"

"If the war between the races breaks out, yes." I replied sadly. I walked out and out the door, outside I found Arianne hugging herself and crying. "Be at peace daughter," I said resting my hand on her shoulder. She turned and clung to me sobbing and after a few minutes got it under control. Arianne looked into Sam's sad eyes and the question of truth died on her lips.