Sam Spade 19: Case of the Hidden Agenda

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Bring your mother to the temple, I think you both need a long soak and cuddle. I know I sure as hell do." I said tenderly into her mind as I held Arianne.

"I... I'd like that... We both would," Arianne replied aloud. Releasing Samantha, she turned and hurried in.

"I need to... decompress a bit before we visit the sisterhood. Let's go home."

Fa and then Molly disappeared and Angela looked at me, "Red are we really fucked?"

"I don't know love. My fear is that all I am doing is making it worse. Letting lose the let's get our licks in before it all ends mind set." I replied. Going back to the atrium I saw Heather kneeling and facing my statue with a lowered head. Sitting on the floor next to her I hugged her and said tenderly, "Let it go and be at peace Heather."

"As you command goddess," she said not meeting my eyes.

"Heather, all we can do is try to stop it. Crying into a beer has never helped." I said. A moment later I added mentally, "Calm your mind my love." I got up and walked to the living room. Sitting down in my old recliner, I closed my eyes. I couldn't get the visions of the death and destruction out of my mind so I opened my eyes quickly.

Kneeling with her head down was Amy. When she didn't look up I said, "She left you."

"I didn't think she would ever abandon me... us," Amy said looking up. "I knew she was conflicted but thought by showing her how deeply I loved you she would understand and ..." She sobbed once and got it under control. "Your vision shook her up. You showed what she watched happen to her race. She said she had to work something out. Mistress, my love, I don't think she is going to come back and it feels as if a part of me is missing."

"She will be back Amy. You just have to give her time." I said all the while thinking I would never see the former chairman again. I opened my arms and Amy swarmed up into them and my lap. "I know I don't tell you girls enough, but I love you so very much." I kissed her and said, "Be at peace Amy. Let the hurt and worries go. Can you do that for me?"

"Yes..." She said slowly with her eyes closed. I looked inside and saw that yes, even the raging beast inside the young woman was at peace in my arms."

"Good girl," I cooed.

I saw Angela come in and smile down at Amy and I. It wasn't until she got closer that I saw her golden eyes instead of the brown they had been in life. "Amy I have to speak to Angela for a minute, will you keep my seat warm for me?"

"Of course Samantha," Amy replied.

After she got up I got up and she sat back down, "Now don't you go away," I said with a smile and a tender caress. Turning to Angela I gestured for her to lead. Instead of leading she took my hand and I found myself standing in my sister's living room. There I found her and her girls all kneeling with lowered heads.

"Goddess, no matter what you do, if you do not heal the wound between your sister and yourself, this world will burn." The former chairman said with my dead angel's voice.

"Before I deal with her. I need you to be strong, there is a girl at home who needs you. I know all too well what it is like to lose the one you have come to love. But Amy it too young to go through it again. Will you return to her?" I asked. "I know Jane can heal you better than I can. But are you willing to destroy Amy in the process?"

"That's not fair Goddess," the chairman replied.

"No it's not, but life is many things to many people. But it is very often unfair." I paused and stepped up close to her, "So I ask you again, are you going to destroy Amy?"

"I made my choice," she replied not meeting my eyes.

"Then so have I," I said and returned home. Of course she followed me with Jane in tow.

"Are you going to let the world burn because of your petty grudge with your sister?" She asked outraged.

"No I am going to let humanity in all its forms die to prove a point to both of you. You two can just watch the world burn because you are more worried about your needs than the needs of others." I turned on Jane, "What did I say to you in your mind when you asked about why I brought you back."

"You said anyone who thinks of others first is worth saving." Jane said.

"Correct," I looked from one to the other. "The only reason I haven't given up long ago is my sense of duty. Thinking of others before myself. I have always fought for the little guy. But if you cross me or mine, I will never give up until I exact my vengeance."

Amy came up and looked at the pair and then me, "Goddess, they are not worth fighting with."

I looked at her for a moment and smiled, "You are right Amy." I looked back at the pair, "They already know what I am going to do." Crouching down I touched the ground and closed my eyes. I felt out humanity in all its forms. To my surprise not only were there the ones I knew, but I found fae folk. Wood and forest protectors living in the south eastern US states and a single water protector living in a pond in of all places, Texas. In addition, there were a colony of androids, nine thousand strong, living not far from her underground.

When I thought I had a handle on all the various humanoid life forms. I smiled coldly at the pair.

"If you do you will remove all your followers also," Jane said in a hushed and fearful voice. She tried stopping her sister but found she was powerless. She looked at the former chairman who was looking around fearful. "Wait! I submit mistress." Jane said kneeling with lowered head. After a moment she looked up, "I know you don't believe me Samantha. But if you read me, you will see the truth."

My mind dove into Jane's and as she said, she submitted in all ways. "I accept your submission." Turning my head to Amy, I said, "Will you take Jane to the pool and see that she has a nice soak in my essence."

"Come with me sister," Amy said tenderly. She took Jane's hand and led her inside.

"Well this is interesting. A Guardian owned by a Deity and subject to her will," Man said from one side.

"Pardon me but who the fuck are you," I asked standing fully to face him.

Instead of replying to me he looked at the former chairman and she disappeared. Turning back to me he said, "I am the board's enforcer." He paused and tilted his head as if thinking, "As the guardian is your boss, I am her boss." He smiled, "At least I was until she knelt below you."

Suddenly a whole new level of information filled me. I was charged with keeping the solar system safe. Jane had been in charge of the Milky Way galaxy. The Board, was in charge of the universe. It seemed the former chairman had delusions of grandeur and had led the deities below her to destroy their worlds. The Board only stepped in when Jane submitted and in the process they caught the former chairman in the act of attempted germicide.

As he broke contact the enforcer said, "As long as you allow the guardian to continue to do her job, the board will allow her to remain under you."

As he disappeared I got the impression that I would be under a microscope from here on out. I looked around and then went inside to the atrium. Stripping down I crawled into the hot tub with Jane and Amy. I formed a mask in my hand and offered it to Jane. "Place the mask against your face and give yourself to me fully Jane Brown."

Jane took the mask and looked at it. She knew it was more than it seemed but raised it and held it to her face. "I give myself to the goddess. In all ways I am yours and will always do my best to work your will." She felt it invading her mind and binding her to the goddess. Instead of fighting she embraced the feelings of being owned mind, body and soul.

I looked from one to the other in the tub with me and said, "Jane, the first rule is that family always takes care of family. Even if you were not my sister, you and all your sisters under me are part of my family. That means, if you have issues, we all have issues. Together we can solve anything." I looked at Amy, "Little one, your companion will not be returning."

"I know and already understand why Goddess. I can only hope she gets the help she needs to heal properly," Amy replied.

"Jane I want you to mirror your abilities to Amy." I paused and looked from one to the other. "This is not to have you step down sister, it is to give us an edge. If I am tied up doing one thing, and you another, by having Amy able to step up may well save our ass in the end."

Jane didn't need an explanation; she was willing to follow her mistress's commands come what may. Turning she kissed Amy and gave her all her knowledge of manipulating nature and the cosmos.

"Thank you sister," Amy said softly. She turned to the goddess and said, "I pray you will find me worthy of this knowledge."

"Heather, are you busy dear?" I asked mentally.

I expected her to simply answer but instead she showed up. "Not at all Samantha."

"What is the status of the sisterhood?"

"We have a space carved out below the bunker. But as of now it is a big cave and dark."

"Jas I need you or Jade," I said.

"How may I serve you mistress?" Jade replied showing up next to Heather.

"Jade, I want you and Amy to work on the cave. I want it to become a home for up to thirty million. So I need at least a lake, sun, parklike paths, trees, and a way to feed and shelter them as they show up." I looked at Amy, "Make it somewhere you would like to stay. If you do that, I'm sure it will be fine."

"Jane, I want a portal from here to your house and several to various parts of the cave. Heather can show you where to make them. Then, I want you to go to our southern temple and gather your old girls. Return them to human and try to convince them to come here and submit to my will beside you."

I looked around, "If anyone needs me, I have some fae to talk to."

"You found a living fae?" Jane asked excitedly. She looked at Amy who also looked shocked, "According to my recorded memories, they died out in the last war."

"Apparently your records are wrong. Or I found something posing as one of the fairy folk. I'll let you know." I said getting up. "You have your assignments. If there any issues, even if they are little ones, ask for help."

Going to my bedroom I picked up the mask and copied it in my mind. Returning to the tub, I made one and placed it into the hot tub. Now, any who soaked in it would be masked with the basic programming to protect this, my family and I. I looked at Angela who was already waiting for me.

She looked at the hot tub and then Samantha, "Are you sure that is what you want?"

"We have to protect our own Angela. This will help in that regard," I replied. Slipping out of my clothes, I took a step and ended up outside Jane's house. I distilled my essence, the various life forms and finally a mask into her hot tub and pool. I turned to say something to Angela but saw her smiling at me. Mentally I said to Jane, "I mirrored everything that was in my hot tub into yours and your pool. Get your girls to swim or soak and my essence and mask will do the rest."

Jane giggled, "It will be as you say mistress."

"This way," I said to Angela and took a step. I found myself standing at the end of a runway facing a little grove. Looking around I saw a huge four prop aircraft and an old World War II bomber. I only recognized the bomber from watching old flat screen black and white war movies. As much as I wanted to go look at it I turned towards the grove. Even before I took the first step I knew we were being watched. I glanced at Angela and saw she had her hand in her coat.

Before I could speak Angela stepped forward, "Dare you face the goddess in challenge. I am her angel of death and the day of your judgment is at hand." She threw off her hat and trench coat and with a pistol in hand transformed into her evil succubus look. "Come kneel or die, it's all the same to me."

"Oh sure put them at ease," I said not taking my eyes off the grove.

A single woman, a golden brown and oozing sexuality stepped to the edge of the grove and said, "This is a sacred site, if you do not leave we will be forced into defending our grove."

Angela made to reply buy I rested my hand on her arm. "Daughter, this world is my responsibility. While I understand the need to protect your home, I have business with the sole remaining water fae. I have had a long day and not up for games so step aside or I will remove you and your sisters. Then who would be left to protect the grove?"

"I will not step aside," she replied coldly.

"Fine with me," Angela said and shot her between the eyes. The fae looked confused for a second and fell forwards to the ground. "Only an android, no heart beat," Angela said not looking towards me.

Two hundred women stepped forward from behind the trees. I could have made a killing bubble and removed everything living but that didn't serve my purpose. Instead I returned the mass of women before me to an earlier state. I figured five years would be far enough back to find the androids in one fell swoop. Instead to my horror the women dissolved before my eyes. All save two which became human. They looked shell shocked and crumpled to the ground crying. Angela stood unmoving and looking at the pair. The shock in her eyes bothered me but I really needed to get to the water fae to find out what was going on.

"See if you can find out what is going on from the pair, I'll be at the pond in the center of the grove." I said mentally to her as I walked by them. Walking into the grove I followed my nose towards where I knew she was. Finally, I reach the pond and it was pitiful. Not much to look at and devoid of life. Kneeling before the pool I said, "My name is Samantha Spade and am the goddess for this planet. I would like to talk to you little sister." I became aware of the pair and Angela coming forward and kneeling behind me. Ignoring them I rested my hand on the water and said mentally, "Please talk to me little sister. Help me understand how it went so wrong with your sisters."

The rage from the other mind slammed into me and had I been standing; I would have been driven to my knees. The anger rolling off the woman made Amy's psychotic personality seem like a child throwing a temper tantrum. "It is a good thing Angela understands, she would take your anger personally." Standing I slowly disrobed and walked into the pool. "Come child, it's time to let go of the hurt," I say standing chest deep with my arms open.

A woman, elfin in her beauty raised up from the water and face me from a few feet away, "What right have you to enter my pool. Leave now!"

"I can't leave and you know it. Just as your sisters kneeling on the shore know once you and I finish it will be their time to be judged." I said not turning. I paused and then added, "But you remained true and are not to be judged. However, I will not let your race die out. You have been alone for too long." I cupped my hands and a pair of fish, golden in color formed and jumped out and swam around happily.

She looked at the fish swimming around her pool and smiled at the joy they were feeling. She looked up, "You are the daughter of the goddess, the change bringer."

"I am the one called the goddess. Contrary to popular belief I didn't die. Did I Angela?"

"No mistress," Angela said from behind me. She bowed her head, "It is a pleasure to meet you, sprit of the waters."

The woman giggled, her laughter sounding like a babbling brook. "And my pleasure meeting you Angela. The great Sam Spade's partner and angel of death." She looked back at the goddess, "Somehow it is not surprising you became the one Miss Spade. Stories have even reached my pool about the great Samantha Spade taking on and all but destroying the east coast syndicates."

Before I could reply Angela laughed in return, "She not only destroyed them, but she took over and is gutting them from the inside out."

The woman turned towards me in surprise and I said, "It's a long story and for another time. But for now, I have a request, a wish, and a dream. Will you hear them?"

She looked at me with her head tilted so long that I did not think she would reply. Finally, she said, "I will hear."

"The request is that I would like to repopulate the waters of this world with your sisters and use you as a template. The wish is for you to come with me and soak in my hot tub and find peace in your heart and soul. The dream is that you would live in one of the many ponds there and help guide me in saving your kind." I paused and said, "Those are the three."

The water fae said, "It would be nice to have sisters once more." She looked into Angela's eyes and said, "I want the peace you have Angela." She finally looked at Samantha, "I would be honored to go to any place you ask and help however I can."

"Take my hand," I said offering it to her. She took it and I transported her back to my house and the pool next to the tree I loved to think under. "This is my home, please find it to your liking and anything you wish changed speak and I will make it happen." I touched the ground and felt out all the broken glass and trash Heather's father and his friends had left behind.

Making it disappear I then watched as she entered the pond. Following her I stood before her and said, "Daughter, I do not know how it was done before, but would you be willing to feel out the minds of my followers as they come to pay their respects and change those who wish and you feel are worthy into guardians of the waters also?"

"Goddess it is not my place to choose," Fayla replied shocked.

"Daughter, who better than you?" I replied. "Heather, my love, come to me," I commanded. Without asking Jane or Amy, I suddenly knew how to change the fae so she could make more spirits of the water. I said, "Some may be tempted, but look into them, those who are rose wearers are my wives, and the ponies are simple creatures and I would hate to lose them."

"How may I serve you Goddess?" Heather showed up.

I exited the pool and said, "Spirit of the waters, this is one of my wives and my high priestess. She is known as Heather and while sometimes stubborn, works her ass off to make everything work here." I looked at Heather, "Heather, this is the sole remaining water fae. It is my hope, that at least some of my followers other than our wives, and the ponies are worthy in her eyes to become her sisters." I bit my lip and said, "I know it is a lot to ask you, but could you see if the other girls could come by and meet her."

"Of course goddess," Heather replied. She turned to the fae, "Welcome home sister. How would you like them to come and meet you?" Mentally she said, "Samantha, she should also become our wife. She needs us."

"When she feels safe I will ask but Heather, she has been screwed by everyone she has trusted. Why would she trust us enough to wed?"

Just then Kitten showed up and looked at me, "Why momma out here?" She looked at the water fae and said, "Hello Fayla."

"Midnight?" Fayla asked surprised. She came out of the water and hugged the cat woman. "I have missed you and Lady's visits ever since you went away."

"Fayla is all wet," Kitten replied purring. She looked at her and then me, "When momma going to marry Fayla and make her part of her family?"

Behind me Heather started laughing. Fayla looked at Kitten and said, "Midnight, the goddess has not asked. I am not worthy of her yet."

Stepping forward I rested my hand on Fayla's shoulder. "Marriage is not about being worthy. At least to us it is not. The women who I am married to share a bond, a life mating that goes all the way to your core. I know that no matter what happens, they have my back and they know I have theirs. They keep me grounded and let me know that I am not alone in facing the world." I looked down and said softly, "Once I asked someone I care deeply about to marry me, marry us, and her reaction of ewww was devastating." Raising my eyes, I met Fayla's, "I have learned to wait until I know I will get a yes to ask because..." I bit my lip as I tried to get control of my emotions. "...Because another rejection like that would kill me."