Same Old Lang Syne Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The dance floor was crowded so we couldn't really dance, but swaying together was fine for us as the voice of the female vocalist floated across the room.

Let me call you sweetheart

I'm in love with you

Let me hear you whisper that you love me too

Keep the lovelight glowing in your eyes so true

Let me call you sweetheart

I'm in love with you...

I felt Sam shift a bit bringing herself closer to me. My embrace tightened. We were in our own little world. My hand roamed up and caressed the velvety smoothness and warmth of Sam's bare back. Sam just snuggled closer.

All too soon, the words vanished, but not before Sam looked up at me with those beautiful highlighted hazel-green eyes. I kissed her forehead and whispered, "I'm in love with you... sweetheart."

That brought a warm smile, as she whispered in my ear, "And I'm in love with you... sweetheart."

Just then, the photographer, who had been roaming around the dining area, appeared off to our right. Sam and I each turned as he snapped a photo. Then we went cheek-to-cheek and flashed him smiles.

"I want a copy of that one," I said.

"Make it two," my girlfriend chimed in.

He gave us a thumbs-up.

The door prizes were dwindling. We were still in the running. Finally, the announcement for the drawing of the last door prize. There were about a dozen employees who were anxiously awaiting. Sam took my hand under the table and kissed my cheek for "Good Luck".

I don't know which of us screamed the loudest or came off our chairs the highest. All I remember was the huge hug I received and the brilliant smile. December 27... Solider Field... 1:15.

We stayed after the old folks left and the band got down to some serious rock and roll. Sam's heels came off, as did every other woman's. The open bar was still open. Everybody let loose, as the band went through their list of the 60s and 70s: Somebody to Love - Jefferson Airplane, Born to be Wild - Steppenwolf, Proud Mary- Creedence Clearwater Revival, and a nice slow A Whiter Shade of Pale - Procol Harum... to name a few.

Larry and Darlene were still hanging out with the crowd. Even though there were still a few from his department that stayed, it seemed that he and Darlene hung out with us most of the time. It was a side of him that he never displayed in the office. While I couldn't see us hanging out with them, it was still fun.

I held Samantha, the love of my life, as we swayed on the, nearly empty dance floor as the band did their final number... Frank Sinatra. The way you look tonight.

It was perfect for just the way that my Samantha Grace looked tonight.

Someday, when I'm awfully low

When the world is cold

I will feel a glow just thinking of you

And the way you look tonight...

........................................

After a warm shower, we found ourselves in our favorite position... Sam on my lap, facing and cupping each other's face. Our eyes reached deep into each other. Buried inside her snug warmth with her butt gently resting just above my scrotum. Our lips would meet, for an occasional soft kiss, followed by tender smiles.

"Bill. I don't know how I'm ever going to be able to describe this evening to my fellow nurses. It was like something out of a dream... everything. But, the best part was being next to the man who I love and admire. And seeing the respect that everyone had for each other. I've never been to a company Christmas party. Now, I can't wait for next year. The hospital doesn't put one on. I guess it's kind of hard with all the shifts and stuff. Too bad. I would love to show you off to my fellow nurses. Then they would know why sometimes, I glow."

"Well, Sam, it was something I never expected. And, like that last song... the way you looked tonight; you had the eye of every guy and probably most of the women. By the way, how did you manage to keep the top of the dress in place? I think that all of the men were anxiously waiting for gravity to do its thing."

"Ever hear of double-stick tape? The gal at the dress shop told me about it because I had the same question. I mean, it's not like I've got a lot here to hold something like that in place," there was that playful grin.

"Maybe not. But what's there... here," my mouth engulfing Sam's right breast, "Is absolutely," nipple-lick, "stunning," another nipple-lick, "sexy," a reverent kiss to each warm breast, "and it's all mine."

I went back to nursing on my favorite nipple. All to the soft coos of Sam relishing in what was clearly hard-wired directly to her center of pleasure, as she lovingly held me to her warm bosom.

So, that set the stage for the rest of our evening and into the wee hours of the morning. We couldn't get enough of each other.

Our Lotus switched to our second favorite, '69'.

Sam feasted on her own arousal, which had coated my cock and had dribbled down on my smooth scrotum, while I had my own feast... Sam's elixir-of-life... directly from the source. We kept each other on edge for longer than I could remember. The gentle sounds of Sam being pleasured filled the quiet room. Her talented tongue danced and swirled around the pink mushroom head. Her hand and fingers tenderly massaged my balls with an occasional light touch to the super-sensitive spot at the base of my sack.

Sam would adjust herself from time to time to where she wanted my tongue. At times, so that I could probe her oozing opening and then slither along the delicate petals of her flower. Other times, to generously bathe her pearl, bringing herself to the edge of the abyss before shifting, to delay the final plunge into ecstasy.

Then, I whispered five words, as my tongue flicked that pink pea... "Cum for me, Samantha Grace."

My hand snaking between us, two fingers entering her inferno... caressing that internal bundle of nerves. I felt the vibrations of Sam's groan through the sensitive glans that she held in her warm mouth. The intensity increased by the second as Sam's orgasm quickly approached. This time, there was no withdrawal. Sam pressed her clit firmly against my tongue. Her mouth coming off my cock, as she let herself fall into the abyss of unfathomable ecstasy. Her prolonged cries of release, filled the candlelit room.

Sam collapsed. Her face was inches from my shining and saliva-coated cock. Her seeping opening rested on my open mouth. I gently kissed and tenderly lapped at the sweet and musky arousal that oozed from deep within that beautiful body, just as a kitten would lap at cream from a saucer.

Covering my body with hers, "Bill, that was exquisite. I love how we can pleasure each other together," Sam's soft lips brushed against mine, knowing where they were minutes ago.

"But right now, I want... no I need you inside of me. I want to feel you touch my depths and then I want to feel and watch you cum. When you make me yours and yours alone... Because I will always love you. I will always be at your side."

Hovering over my lover we held each other's gaze, as I rotated my hips. I was going for a hands-free entry, as I slid my length through her silky folds, coating myself with her liquid arousal. Sam was biting her lower lip as she anticipated the penetration that she wanted and craved, knowing that it was only moments away.

Nudging the sensitive crown against that awaiting opening, Sam whispers, "Right there," as her legs opened more.

The slow and fluid entry into the tight warmth of my lover is like entering heaven on earth. We each let out long and lingering sighs as I sank into her velvety cavern. The soft glans coming to rest and gently kissing her cervix.

"Oh, god, Bill. Every time you enter me, it feels like the first time. You feel so good. So deep," my lover cooed.

Sam had expertly kept me on edge for the last hour. My balls were achingly full and begged to be emptied. However; I was determined that this was not going to be a quick-fuck. This was going to be making love to the woman who owned my heart and soul. The woman who I would go to the ends of the earth for. The woman who I would protect and defend with my life.

I got into that slow and timeless rhythm that men and women have enjoyed since our creation. Sam's hips meeting mine on my down-stroke and relaxing as I withdrew to just where the very tip kissed her portal, before slowly repeating... and repeating... and repeating. My nipples brushing against Sam's. At times I would raise up just enough for our nipples to "kiss" each other's. Sam grinned. That was a first.

I was close. Sam knew it.

"Cum for me, my love. Look at me when you make me yours and yours alone. Let our hearts and souls join."

That did it, raising up. Sam's legs in the widest 'V' that was humanly possible. Our eyes locked. I buried myself in her depth and filled her with my seed, as we became one.

...................................................

The coming weeks were busy for us. It seemed like nine months ago, couples were busy making babies. Must have been something in the spring air. A few times, Sam was needed at the hospital for an extra half-shift... eighteen hour days. She said that she would catch naps whenever, and where ever she could. Still, when I came into her apartment Friday night, I could tell that she was exhausted. I ordered us a pizza and curled up on her couch after a few slices.

I held her as she slept, before carrying her to bed, undressing her, and curled up to spoon our bare bodies.

Christmas was coming, it would be our first. We hadn't talked about it, Christmas that is. I had no idea what Sam was thinking, however; we each knew that we were going to exchange. Sam had shifts on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. We agreed that we would get together after her Christmas Eve shift for our own little Christmas.

I found a heart-shaped gold locket with an 18" gold chain. It was a bit bigger than the size of a US fifty-cent piece. The front had a smooth heart in the center, with eight etched leaf clusters surrounding it.

I had them engrave the following on the inside.

I Found my Soulmate

I Found my one and true love

I Found my one & only, Forever & Always

I Found that in You, Samantha Grace.

All my love, your Soulmate, Bill

Sam cried and held me in a tight embrace when she read the inscription, because it was true. I had found my soulmate. My dad was right... "She's the one".

Sam presented me with an 8 x 10 portrait that had been professionally done. Her makeup, having been done skillfully was minimal but, enough to let her natural radiant beauty shine through. But what really took my breath away, was the way that the photographer had Sam positioned. Her back was toward the camera and she was looking back over her shoulder with a brilliant, "Sam smile"... her back was completely bare, from her shoulders to where the photo ended... just below her Dimples of Venus. The smoothness of her skin was bathed in a soft golden glow. The little bumps of her vertebrae, added to the whole image. It oozed of sexuality and femininity. It took my breath away.

"Samantha Grace... you are so beautiful."

"Thank you. But, you know that I'm still Sam," she grinned. I couldn't help it. I reverently kissed her forehead.

.............................................

With the Bear-Packer game a few days away, we took advantage of the post-Christmas sales and bought heavy team-hooded parkas. Sam's dark blue with the "Bears" emblem. Mine, green with the big "Packer-G". We made quite a pair, as we stood in front of the mirror.

Larry had come by my cubicle and asked how I was planning on getting to the stadium. I was thinking "easy" and thought of taking the train in and then catching either a cab or a bus.

Then he asked, "It would depend on the weather, but did you ever consider driving in and tailgating? You can park in the Museum Campus parking lot. It's on the north side of Lake Shore Drive and within walking distance so it's easy to get to and from the stadium. The game starts at around 1:00. Get there around 10:00 and you'll have plenty of time. You'll be surprised at the extent that some people go to.

"If you decide to do that, get yourself a small grill, a cooler of beers, and do some brats. The one time I went in with a bunch of guys, we had a bunch of large shrimp that we threw on the grill. It was fun. Then after the game, you can hang out with the crowd for an hour, or so, and let the traffic all die. It kind of adds to the whole festive experience."

Sam thought that that sounded like fun. Then she added that afterward, once we got back to her apartment, we could relax in a warm bath... Really relax.

December weather in Chicago down by the lake can be "iffy" at best. Turned out to be not too bad. Single-digit temperatures but, sunny, with just a bit of wind.

We did the shrimp thing and brats. Sam had never had sauerkraut with her brat, but gave it a try and then was hooked. We wandered around the crowd, with beers in hand, and just took in all the excitement and partying.

Like Larry said, "Some folks really got into the whole tailgating experience". There were groups of fifteen, or so, under tents with huge grills. Bottles of brandy and other brown liquors. Most were dancing around to whatever music was playing.

The game was fun. Even with the frigid temperature, being in the sun and surrounded by the crowd made it comfortable. Unfortunately, Sam's Bears lost once again to their rival. I did get some, "friendly shit" with my Packer parka amongst all the Bears fans, but it was all in good fun.

Between Sam's warm tub, the scent of lavender filling the candlelit room, and Sam's silky body, it was a perfect ending to our day. It was relatively early, but it had been a long day, and Sam had an early morning. Otherwise, we would have made love well into the night. Instead, Sam just wanted to be held as we drifted off to our shared universe of dreams.

.....................................................

Time went on. Spring and then summer. We were progressing through our karate classes We were all approaching the Green Belt level.

Sensei informed the class, of twelve, that we were going to begin sparing, lightly at first and then increasing the intensity as we progressed and developed our control.

I had a quiet talk with him and said that I couldn't... wouldn't, spar with Sam. He understood and said that most of the other guys of the group, who had girlfriends there too, had similar concerns. I never told Sam about it, but I think that she instinctively knew when we were always paired with another partner.

My trips were becoming more frequent and for longer durations. One time, over the weekend, much to the disappointment of each of us. Sam just took on extra shifts to keep herself occupied. We made up for lost time upon my return.

Sam's rough days and 12:30 phone calls were becoming farther and fewer in between. Not because she didn't have any rough days. And it wasn't because she wasn't feeling connections with expectant mothers. It was more that she was learning how to handle it better. But, every so often... I was there for her and cradled her in my arms.

..................................................

The sparing in our karate class helped. It forced her to concentrate, to focus on her spars to keep them under control. Although, on those particularly rough days she had to be extra careful, so as to not get too carried away, at the expense of her sparring partner.

Once, and only once, Sam lost her focus. Even with padding, her partner grimaced at the surprisingly firmer-than-expected sidekick to his ribs. Sensei just stepped in front of her, looked down at her, and said one word...

"Focus."

Sam bowed and respectfully replied, "Yes. Sensei".

Then she bowed to her partner, in apology.

Over the coming weeks, the sparing became more and more intense. The sessions would start with light, barely contact. A bit of padding and the contact is a bit more forceful. More padding and, while not full-force contact, it was close. Sensei explained that, while other Sensei may not teach the sparing in this manner, his method was to improve our focus, especially in the initial light-contact phase and the second phase.

Sensei introduced the class to some of the basic elements of street-fighting. He explained that, while the classroom provides a setting for learning and training... nothing can prepare you for a real-life situation. The key was to remain calm. He kind of grinned when he saw our looks, like, "Really... stay calm?".

Then in a rare moment of his humor said, "I know that's easier said than done in a Fight-or-Flight situation, where the adrenalin is pulsing through your body. But take a deep breath. Remember... you are on the defense. Wait for your attacker to move toward you. Then react, with everything that you have."

Then, his face and voice became deadly serious as he adds, "Remember, in that type of situation... there are NO rules. You do what you must, to survive and avoid injury to yourself. Go for the most accessible and painful areas: eyes, throat, solar plexus - knock the wind out of him, and yes the groin, where if your assailant is advancing on you, is probably your best bet."

Sam asked if he had ever been in that type of situation. The look on his face said it all, when he simply said, "Yes".

Sam and I hoped, and prayed, that we would never find ourselves in such a situation. But, we felt that we were somewhat prepared, especially, if that was the only way out.

.....................................

Sam had attended a few day-trips into the City for some additional nurse training. She was rapidly becoming the go-to nurse in the obstetrics department and a reliable and capable fill-in at the Neonatal Care Unit.

Things were developing on my end. I needed to have another romantic dinner for Sam. I needed to bring her up-to-speed on what was happening on my side and the next chapter in our lives.

When I invited her over for dinner and asked that she be a little less casual again. I was pretty sure that she had a feeling that something was coming.

This time, I stacked the record player with some background music to mellow out the evening - Moody Blues: To Our Children's Children's Children, On the Threshold of a Dream, In Search of the Lost Chord, Seventh Sojourn, and my favorite, Days of Future Past.

The dinner was good. I tried my hand at Eggplant Parmesan, garlic bread, green salad, and a nice full-bodied Cabernet. The mood was light, but there was an underlying air of tension... of anticipation. At one point, Sam stopped eating and I saw her listening to what was playing in the other room, Candle of Life.

...In the hands of time

Falling Slowly

It's there for us to know

Burn Slowly the candle of life...

"Bill, what's that, that's playing?"

"Moody Blues. Ever heard of them?"

"The name sounds familiar, but I never had a chance to listen to them," pausing, "I've never heard anything so beautiful... so mellow... and the words. I wasn't listening before, but all of a sudden, it caught my attention... Burn Slowly the Candle of Life. So true. We all take life for granted and it passes so fast... it's so fragile. We all know that someday, the candle of our lives will be extinguished. We must cherish our life and everything that's in it. To, enjoy what we have," Sam reaches over and takes my hands in hers, "and learn how to love with all of our might, before it's too late."

After we finished, Sam refilled our wine glasses, reached over, took my hands into hers, and gave me a soft smile.