SamHain Ch. 01: Trick or Treat?

Story Info
Moriah finds a mysterious intruder in her dark sanctuary.
1.5k words
4.26
1.7k
4
0

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/12/2023
Created 01/05/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hello?"

I glanced around the dark house with its wooden beams and deserted aura. Splinters of wood cracked underfoot as I moved down the empty corridor and into one of the unfinished rooms. The place was forsaken after two years of work. It looked gutted, nothing but the wooden frame left. In the furthest room opened a glassless window, the ocean breeze adding flavor to the dusty air. This was my usual place of solitude.

Tonight was Halloween. I'd decked out in my sexy Cat Woman outfit and hit the streets, just like everyone else. But when I'd passed my beloved old building, bright red graffiti had splashed across its surface. Whoever was pranking the place wouldn't, couldn't, take it from me. There was no way in hell I'd let some foolish wannabe take up residence in my sanctuary.

Rusted nails clattered clear of my boots as I approached the tiny room with its spectacular view. An unusually ominous mood hung thickly and I slowed my footsteps to tiptoe. Something wasn't right. The offender was still here. The ping! of falling metal made me jump. Panting, I peered through the gloom of the doorway.

"Hello?"

Closer.

My voice quavered. It was Halloween, after all. I half expected a demon to leap at me from the shadows. The holiday was great but I still hated jump scares.

"Whoever is here better leave. This is my space."

Nothing but dust motes glimmered sullenly beneath the moonlight.

PING! Clatter!

I shrieked. My pulse was racing faster than a horse, but I managed to place the sound. An empty metal can. The graffiti artist. A surge of anger momentarily replaced my fear and I shouted crossly,

"Hey moron! Get your insulting ass and paint cans out of here."

"Careful who you speak to, Cat."

I screamed! Turned on my heel, searching, finding nothing but darkness.

"I-I'll.."

"You'll what?"

The voice shook slightly with silent laughter. Amused. He was amused!

"I'll call the cops!"

"Oh will you now? That's an interesting threat since you have no phone."

I froze. Phone. Phone! My hand leapt to empty fabric. Of course I hadn't brought my phone. Most costumes didn't come with pockets, and my Jack O'Lantern bag was strictly for sweet treats.

"You-You can't be here. This place is mine!"

Low chuckles echoed through the empty beams and made the hair rise on my arms.

"It's SamHain. This entire block belongs to the creatures who stalk its streets."

"S-SamHain?"

The voice groaned.

"Surely you don't need a history lesson-"

"I know what SamHain is," I snapped. "It's for creepy satanic people."

Laughter.

"Why do you think I'm here?"

My blood ran cold. I shut my eyes. It wasn't real. SamHain was a myth, something to scare the kids with when the moon was full. It was as real as werewolves and goblins. This guy was just some dark creep.

"Whatever. Just get out."

"What if I don't want to?"

I frowned at the playful tone. Was he seriously playing this game right now? I sighed.

"Look. We can run in circles all night. But this place..it's special to me, okay? It's the only spot of peace I have in this shitty fucked up life. And I certainly don't want any wannabe thugs like yourself to ruin it. Got me?"

A low rumble of laughter. It reverberated off the walls and seemed to come from everyplace at once. This was really becoming more annoying than playful. Who was this dude, the freaking devil?

"Enough of your stupid games. Show yourself. And mind you, I do have a whip."

I brandished it for good measure. No matter that I couldn't get the snap down. Oh, well. It was all in good fun. I smirked, waiting to see which villainous character might appear. BatMan? The Grim Reaper? Al Capone?

The shadows swirled and suddenly materialized into a long, dark cape. Black everywhere. Clothes, boots, vest, even his face was indistinguishable. I nearly scoffed aloud.

"Dracula? Of course. I should've guessed. What with that oh so mysterious voice and all."

I paused, as he had moved forward and slowly begun to circle. Okaaaay. What the hell was this, now? I flexed my wrist and the whip whistled menacingly, but his dark eyes stayed glued to mine while he moved.

"This is getting fun, but I'd really rather be hitting the next street over. They have the best chocolate and I'd hate to miss out."

I turned to leave when a gloved hand shot out and grabbed my arm. I yelped, leaping back, but his grip was firm. Eyes wide, I stared at the face so cleverly concealed in the shadow. Now that I was facing him directly, those dark eyes noticeably glowed yellow. Two points flashed white with a deep rumble. My tough facade slowly faded. This guy was possibly a real threat.

"Look," I said, voice trembling. "I don't want any trouble."

His glittering gaze continued to pierce mine, unflinching. I gulped.

"Look man, it's Halloween. The tricks were cute but just let me go."

"And why would I do that?"

The phony fangs flashed with every word. He was smiling. Like a maniac. Like a killer.

"Because..because you're secretly a good person behind that killer costume."

He threw back his head and guffawed. It rang through the airy house and made my head ring. When he lowered his face, that maniacal grin was plastered all over it.

"That's the best one I've heard all year. But killer? No. I'm not that dark."

With a shriek I was yanked into the small room and found myself heaving against the empty window pane. This wasn't Halloween fear anymore. This was real fear. I sensed his presence behind me right before he spoke in that sadistically merry tone.

"I only want to play."

Something about the way he said it made my skin crawl.

"Isn't that what everyone does during this eve? Play games? You're not really Cat Woman now, are you."

Slowly I turned to stare into those luminescent irises. They danced like the moon during sunrise. I tensed as he inched closer.

"No. I think you're more of a..."

He paused to consider, then grinned.

"Kitten."

One gloved hand reached out for the whip and my grip slacked. Next he went for the leather belt, gently undoing it and slipping it from my waist. All my weaponry was gone, phony as they were. Now I had nothing but my wits. And even that wasn't much. I tilted my chin.

"You better let me go."

"Or what, Kitten?"

Another lump gulped down. His nose was mere inches away, fangs bared in a teasing smile. Testing me. Fear of him stole my breath away.

"Or--Or.."

His lips stretched wide. I squeaked when he took both my arms and lead me further into the room. The far corner. There used to be an old workbench covered in tools and sawdust. I squinted and could barely discern the form of the same bench, only now it stood naked and clean. The shine of paint cans veered my gaze to the floor, and something huge and red was painted on the wall behind it.

I knew it. This idiot had created this to be his new workspace.

We stopped beside the workbench. He fussed with something below it and I secretly envied my character's real powers. At last he rose, golden gaze glittering.

"Now that you are here, Kitten, we can start the fun."

"Pretty sure the fun started three hours ago."

He ignored the sarcasm and again focused on whatever clanked beneath the table legs. I began to feel nervous. What did he plan to do? My costume whip and belt lay discarded beneath the window, too far for me to reach. This dude was like a ninja.

"Okay." He seemed almost gleeful. "You ready, Kitten?"

"That depends. Is it a trick or a treat? I won't accept either if you keep calling me that."

He laughed.

"Feisty one, aren't you? Certainly has claws."

Normally, I would've made a corny 'rawr' sound, but my gut advised against that.

"I assure you. It will be both trick and treat. Now lay down."

I jumped.

"Excuse me?"

He just flashed those stupid fangs again. Bet he got them at Walmart, on sale.

"I'm not lying on that filthy table. Especially not for you."

"What's wrong with me?"

He held his hands out placatingly.

"It's quite clean, I assure you."

"I don't care about your assurances. In fact, I'm leaving. Bye!"

I had nearly made it through the door frame when my chest and waist were suddenly being squeezed. I screamed, wrestling against the strong arms, panic seizing my mind as they dragged me back into the room and toward that cursed bench.

"Dude! What the fuck! How dare you! Who are you!"

My boots skidded in the dust when he suddenly let go and I nearly collapsed. The table's edge bashed into my ribs and I winced. He stood right where I'd left him, hardly even ruffled, though those eyes didn't sparkle so merrily anymore. His tone was flat and baritone.

"As I said. Let the fun begin."