Sarah of Salem

Story Info
A man bewitched by the girl of his nightmare.
3.5k words
4.2
22.8k
49

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 03/05/2024
Created 10/14/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
chymera
chymera
620 Followers

I was in kindergarten when I first saw Sarah Goode. She was a quiet girl, who would patiently sit all day, with her hands in her lap when not engaged in classroom activities. At recess, she played with the other girls, but never seemed as awkward and gangly as her companions. Even at five years of age, Sarah carried herself with poise and grace.

It seemed that whenever I looked at her, she was staring at me with those large, deep green eyes; hers were a shade of green I've never seen before or since, outside of our children. Set in her pale white face, framed by her jet-black hair, I'd feel a chill run up my spine in response to her stare. Try as I might, I couldn't then or thereafter ever look at her without seeing her stare back, except when she was asleep. Even then, she would seem to stir, and her face would move in my direction.

She freaked me out. I'm afraid that from kindergarten onward, I went out of my way to either avoid her or try to humiliate her, teasing and pranking her mercilessly. At five, I told everyone that Sarah had cooties and everyone ran from her on the playground for weeks. At seven, I insisted on pronouncing the "e" at the end of her name, calling her "Goody-Two-Shoes", and naming her the teachers' pet.

My friends and I drenched her with water balloons in the summer and snowballs in the winter. She would not say anything, just stand there with hair dripping around her pale face, as she stared quietly at me. Then she would turn and go home.

Dead frogs in her desk, lizards and bugs squished in her books, spiders and beetles in her lunch bag. She'd collect them and tell me, "Thank you, Will." She'd put her hand into the lunch bag and the arachnids and bugs would climb up her arm. It didn't bother her. That impressed me, and all the guys, but the girls thought it was icky and would avoid her for a while.

It all changed when we got to high school. Sarah was always pretty -- that was part of what bothered me about her. But throughout high school, she went from pretty to drop dead gorgeous. Her skin was perfect -- never a hint of a pimple or acne. Her figure was perfect, her breast not overlarge but just right for her frame. And she had never lost that grace and poise. It only improved, and when she sat primly with her hands in her lap, she attracted more attention than the cheerleaders with their hair flips and pushup bras.

I held out through freshman year. I struggled to avoid her when I could in that small high school, there in Salem, Massachusetts, but with less than 200 students per grade at the time, it wasn't that easy. She was like a black cat, who crossed my path constantly. Each time, her eyes would be fixed on me, even as she moved in another direction.

Then, in sophomore Biology, I had Eleanor Windom as my lab partner. I had a crush on Eleanor and couldn't believe my luck. This was my chance.

But the first week of class, Eleanor's father was hurt in a car accident. His recovery was expected to be long and difficult, with him missing work for at least 6 months. Because of this, the family moved to Milton to live with Eleanor's grandparents. That opened up a seat in the biology class, and Sarah Goode transferred in and became my lab partner.

She didn't say a word to me at first. She just sat on her stool with a small, quiet smile on her face, as her dark green eyes seem to envelope me. I found myself licking my lips and struggling to breathe easily. Her scent was like the perfume of heaven. I hadn't been this close to Sarah in years, and now I wondered why. Her beauty surrounded her like an aura, an aura which warmed me to my core.

I was supposed to talk to her about the biology experiment, but instead found myself saying, almost like an automaton, "Sarah, would you like to go out with me?"

Her smile deepened as she tilted her head to the side, a movement I would soon recognize as her amusement when other people finally realized the inevitable. "Of course." That was all she said.

From then on, we were a pair, and her eyes never left me, at least not when I was looking at her.

We dated throughout high school and engaged in some heavy make out sessions, but she calmly protected her virginity. Somehow, that didn't bother me. I was actually proud of her commitment to virtue.

It wasn't until college that she finally welcomed me to her bed. We both stayed in Salem, going to Salem State and could both have lived at home, but only I did. Sarah insisted on the full college experience and lived at the college. It was at a Halloween Party in her dorm, that she stripped off her witch's cowl and robes, while I shed the Ivanhoe armor I was wearing, and she pulled me down onto her bed and onto her body. It was magical.

In a way, it wasn't what I expected. I mean, I'd heard that a virgin's first time was bloody and could be painful. As far as I could tell, there was no pain and definitely no blood. I fleetingly wondered if my girl hadn't been a virgin, but thinking back she'd never dated in high school, except for me, and I knew very well that this was our first time. In the end, I dismissed the thought. Maybe she'd lost it horseback riding or something. I didn't really care. I just wanted to do it again, and again. Whenever possible. I loved Sarah Goode.

We were married on the Summer's Solstice following graduation. When I broached the subject of where we'd live, Sarah revealed that her family had owned a home in the Chestnut Street District since the 17th century. The house was held in a family trust and was available for Sarah and me to inhabit. We moved in right after the honeymoon, but it took me quite a while to get used to the house.

Apparently, at 6'2" I'm a bit taller than Sarah's ancestors, as I had to lower my head down to my shoulders to pass through the doors. Sarah loved the old house, but the doorways, the antique plumbing with rusty pipes and showers that went frigid if anyone flushed a toilet, and a coal burning furnace caused me to wonder at the cost of "free" rent. Plus, the house was imbued with a musty, slightly rotted smell.

When I had finally had it after whacking my head for the umpteenth time and suggested that we move into the 21st century, Sarah gave me that half smile and that tilt of the head. She quietly gazed into my eyes and laid her hand on my cheek. "But I love this house," she said quietly. "And it loves me."

I nodded, thinking, "And I love you." So, over the next three years, I painted, repiped, and even reshingled the roof. We revarnished the wood floors. Somehow, the low doorways ceased to be a problem. I didn't even notice them anymore, except when visitors gave themselves lumps on their heads. When we could afford it, I replaced the coal burning boiler with a new water heater and an electric HVAC unit. The house became a home.

As I fixed the home, I became interested in its history. I spent some time at the historical society doing research and discovered that the house had actually been built by Jeremiah Towne, a scion of one of the oldest families in Salem. It wasn't until the mid-19th century that Lucilla Towne married Matthew Goode, and the house passed onto the Goode family.

I was excited to learn this history and rushed home to tell Sarah, who was in the solarium nursing our firstborn, Blaise. We'd just celebrated our third anniversary when two weeks later, on July 3, Blaise joined us. He was the male image of his mother, with those striking green eyes and that jet black hair framing his pale face.

As I eagerly began to relate the house's history, Sarah gave a gentle laugh and said, "Yes, I know. You didn't have to go to the historical society. I could have told you the history."

"Well," I said as I sat down and put my arm around my bride and my son, pulling them close, "Maybe you can tell me about your family. When did they come to Salem?"

That head tilt and that smile. And Blaise gurgled. "We've always been here, Will. I was named after my ancestor, Sarah."

I thought, "What?", but said "Sarah Good? The witch? But her name was G O O D, while your name is G O O D E."

"I don't know when they added the 'E' to the end. My father told me that the family fled after Sarah's death, and when they returned to Salem, they might have added the 'E' to distance themselves from their family history." She moved Blaise to her shoulder and burped him. I stared at the drip of milk hanging from her luscious nipple. I think I lost track of our conversation, because I just said, "Oh," and took my son into my arms as Sarah covered up and rested her head on my shoulder. We sat contented as the evening light faded.

The years passed. Blaise was joined by Gwendolyn, Tabitha and finally, our little doll, Circe. All green eyed, black haired and pale faced. And they all would be looking at me when I turned to look at them. Like mother, like her son and daughters. I thought it was a little creepy until Sarah assured me that it wasn't, that like her, they just loved me and were in tune with me.

The children made July especially busy for us -- they were all born in July. I suggested that we should just have one big party, but Sarah was horrified by the thought. "Each child needs to be celebrated," she explained. "There are rites of passage that each child should face alone." So, each July I gained several extra pounds from birthday cake and the accompanying ice cream.

I really believe that we had the closest family in Salem. We did everything together. Where there was one of us, you could count on us all. Except strangely, for Halloween, which was strange. In college, Halloween had been our holiday. Sarah loved to get into her Cowl and Robes and would pick different costumes for me each year. The magic of Halloween permeated our sex on those nights and would seem to invigorate it for the following year. If we introduced something new to our lovemaking, it was done on Halloween. I would look forward to it every year.

But once we had married and moved into the family home, it seemed like one of Sarah's nine aunts would need her that evening. Sarah would apologize to me and then pack up the children, returning the following day. She always assured me that it was okay, looking deep into my eyes, giving me her smile with a tilt of her head. I'd spend the day decorating the house for the evening and then handing out candy to the children of Salem. Sarah always told me that she knew Halloween was my favorite holiday, and hers as well.

When Circe was just three months old, Aunt Hecuba had the Halloween emergency for the year that demanded Sarah's aid. Off went my family and up went the decorations. I was atop the ladder hanging a witch on a broom from the facia boards, still bemused by the deep green-eyed stare my sweetheart had given me before she left. I was thinking of her when my foot slipped on the rung of the ladder, and I went flying. Unlike the witch I was hanging, I didn't have a broom to hold me up and whacked my skull on the hard ground.

When I awoke, the sun was beginning to set. I lay there, wondering where my wife was. I remembered Hecuba's emergency but couldn't remember what it was. I don't think that it was even mentioned. The peace that I had felt, the comfort that had come from Sarah's calm assurances had abandoned me when my head struck the ground.

Suddenly, I was overcome with a feeling of foreboding, panic rising in my chest. I had to find Sarah! I had to find my family. Dizzily, I arose and stumbled to my car. I headed out towards Hecuba's farm.

When I arrived, I found the driveway to her house jammed with cars. The house itself was dark and cold looking. I wandered up the driveway, wondering where my wife was. The sky was darkening and a glow from the woods north of the house became obvious. I moved into the trees, heading towards the flames that were casting that glow in the night.

I heard the whoops and moans, the groans and cheers before I could see the figures cavorting in front of the bonfire that was there. They were dancing and...

I realized as I neared that they were naked. Some were dancing, but most were cavorting in a much more personal manner. I spotted the 65-year-old Hecuba on her knees, being rammed from behind by a young man of maybe 25. There were many young women with their arms around the neck of a standing man, while they bounced up and down on his penis. Adult people of all ages were fucking, some on the ground in missionary or cowgirl, doggy or some in 69 positions. It was a wild orgy. Their bodies seemed smeared in red, and then I saw in front of the bonfire a butchered lamb, its belly slashed open.

I watched in horror as my wife shoved her hand into the carcass and smeared its blood on the mid-fifties man who was busy smearing her breasts with the blood. Then Sarah pushed the man back onto an altar and mounted him.

I watched for several minutes as my wife rose and fell on his phallus in apparent ecstasy. It was then that I noticed the jet-black hair of most of the celebrants, those whose hair hadn't yet begun to gray. The man on the altar preparing to inseminate my wife was paled skin in the moonlight, with black hair.

I would have bet my life that his eyes were green. Dark green.

I wondered about my children but didn't see any young people at the orgy at all. I went back to the house, but it was empty and dark. The kids must be elsewhere. I remembered Sarah had mentioned rites of passage when I made the birthday suggestion. Were there rites to pass at Halloween?

I drove home. The children... While I drove home, I realized that they'd all been born in July, after Halloweens that Sarah had spent with her aunts. I wondered how I could have been so blind. Then I had a vision of Sarah's deep, dark, green eyes. That head tilt, that smile. I realized that while I had always known that I was bewitched by her beauty, she had bewitched me in so many other ways, other times. I cried.

The children's toothbrushes had accompanied them to their Halloween overnight, but I realized that the collection of baby teeth that Sarah had carefully collected would provide me with the information I needed. I packed a bag, grabbed the teeth from Sarah's desk, which I finally recognized as an altar, and fled, leaving my phone and wedding ring on the kitchen table.

I went to a cousin's house in Albany, New York. I didn't think my wife would think to look for me there. My cousin was a biologist and would know who could help me with the DNA in the children's teeth. Sarah had nicely kept each child's teeth separated by name. I grabbed one of Circe's pacifiers and a sippy cup that hadn't yet been washed. Maybe I could get DNA from one of those.

I called into work and arranged for an emergency vacation of two weeks. Unfortunately, it took three to get the DNA results, but my boss had held my job, although I would lose a week's pay.

In the end, none of the children were mine. And none were full siblings. Each had a different father.

I called a divorced friend in Salem for a recommendation. I called the suggested lawyer (turned out to be my friend's wife's lawyer, of course) and explained my situation to him. He promised to have the paperwork ready in a week.

When I returned to Salem, I stopped at the lawyer's while he arranged for a deputy to accompany me home to serve the divorce papers. When I pulled up in front of the house, Sarah flew out of the front door, yelling about how worried she had been and how much she loved me. I looked up at the roof of the house and kept my gaze there. I held my hands out to push my wife away. I heard the deputy pull up and get out of his car.

"What's going on? Will, where have you been? The children and I have been so worried!" She was sobbing. "Will, look at me!"

"No," I said. "I don't ever want to look into your eyes, ever again. You do things to me."

Just then, the deputy came up. "Sarah Goode Lawson?" As my wife admitted to that, the deputy handed her the papers and said, "You've been served."

"What? Will, why, why?" Sarah was sobbing loudly now and pulling on my arm. She collapsed to the ground, still clutching my sleeve. I kept my attention on the gable in the roof. I felt, more than heard, the children gather around us. Even little Circe was dead quiet. The only sound was Sarah's weeping.

"Why?" I asked. "That's my question, Sarah. Why the orgy at Hecuba's. Why... "And then my voice broke. It took me a minute to continue. "Why are none of the children mine? Are they all the results of some Halloween orgy? Why? WHY?" I yelled.

Sarah stopped weeping. She released my arm, and I could tell that she had risen and was standing amidst her children. I glanced down to belt level and saw that she was reaching to take Circe from Blaise.

"Why?" Sarah said calmly. There was no trace of sorrow or despair in her voice. "Well, to give them the best Warlock heritage I could. It's important to intermix the Hexing Family lines, to keep them strong. It's my duty to the family.

"Unfortunately, you have no sorcery heritage to pull from. Children from your seed would have been a waste. And copulation with a warlock on Halloween is especially magical. The offspring's powers are magnified. You should be proud of your children. They are among the most promising of their generation." I could hear her self-satisfaction in her voice.

"I have no children." I heard Gwendolyn gasp. "I pulled DNA from their baby teeth. I'm not the father of anyone. None of them even have the same father!"

"Their baby teeth? You took them? Where are they?" I heard panic in her voice. "Give them back. Please, give them back." Sarah was pulling on my arm again.

"No," I said. "I crushed them all and poured them down the toilet." I hadn't but vowed that I would. A keening arose. It was my children.

"My GOD!" Sarah yelled. "Those teeth are necessary for the children's rites. They won't attain their full potential without them!"

"Too bad. Maybe you should have their fathers supply some teeth. I'd be happy to knock them out." I turned and moved to my car.

Sarah rushed forward and grabbed my arm. "Look at me! Will, look at me! We can fix this if you'll just look at me!" Her voice was rising in frustration. The children's keening rose in pitch.

A vision of her green eyes filled my mind. A feeling of comfort and love threatened to overwhelm me. I shook off her hand and I jumped into the car and kept my eyes focused on the road as I pulled out. I was terrified to look at my love.

I stopped at the bank and withdrew half of our money. Then I returned to Albany, but the next day headed West and continued until I hit California. I've settled there, hoping that the witches never find me. I wrote to the lawyer, sending his envelope in another envelope to my Albany cousin, asking him to post it from there. I instructed the lawyer that I wouldn't be returning, that Sarah could have all our possessions. I asked him to use the DNA tests to get the court to forgo child support.

I never learned what the court did, because after that, I ceased any contact with Salem. I changed my name, my profession and even now, years later, I move locations every few years.

But I still wake up sweating, falling into those pools of green that were Sarah's eyes.

chymera
chymera
620 Followers