All Comments on 'Sarah of Salem'

by chymera

Sort by:
  • 98 Comments
GerMagGerMag7 months ago

You can read this as a fairy tale or a metaphor and some might read it as reality. whatever it is? For me it was new and refreshing, I enjoyed it, thank you.

other2other1other2other17 months ago

I found it interesting, but also felt like there is more to the tale.

What is the twist where she regrets how she betrayed him…

MajorRewriteMajorRewrite7 months ago

Very interesting premise, but the story just fizzled out.

brian_scoobybrian_scooby7 months ago

Good story… needs more to me. Thank-you

J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comics7 months ago

I enjoyed the Halloween inclusion, but wish there was more. Did she try to scrye for him, is that why he kept seeing her eyes? I imagine all his moving around won't have helped his love life.

ibuguseribuguser7 months ago

Interesting story. And well written.

jasonnhjasonnh7 months ago

I hope he DID destroy the baby teeth. It would be his only possible revenge.

Sarah is evil. Not necessarily because she is a witch but because of how she behaves. She, apparently, caused a competitor's father to be seriously injured. She shows no remorse for her actions concerning her children. She is a person who takes what she wants just because she can and damn any other consideration.

It was confusing as to what she needed Will for? He wasn't needed to father children. He wasn't needed for love. He was a useful tool, probably easily replaced. A mouse that the cat is toying with?

Part of the interest in these stories is the bad person getting their just desserts. That doesn't happen here. Instead, the reader concludes with a feeling that Will is still being hunted. It's a horror story. Timely for October.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMom7 months ago

Like others I feel it's only part of the story. I enjoyed it but felt the end was rushed.

c4vetteman94c4vetteman947 months ago

The start was promising, but that ending was too swift.

StoneyWebbStoneyWebb7 months ago

Only part of a great story.

imhaplessimhapless7 months ago

Freaky 00 byt nice; 5*

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylove7 months ago

I agree with Jasonnh. Why does she need him? Why does she want him? He is good with kids? She needs a “beard”? Something more mundane or more profound? The ending is too quick for me. If she loved him, she would want him and work to get him back. If she didn’t, why go after him? She chose him. Why? Why back when she and he were six? What made him special? What makes him special today? This is the start of something very cool. It is an alien mindset for sure, yet reason has its season, even if it is Halloween. Can you figure out the puzzle you created? Thank you for the entertaining read.

UnassignedUnassigned7 months ago

Imaginative, very well written and a complete story as-is. 5*, easily. Still . . . there's definitely room for more if you chose to explore it, and a Chapter 2 where they meet again would be interesting and welcome.

Baldy74Baldy747 months ago

Haven't scored because as others have said, it feels only part of the story!

What was so special about him for all those years? Did she just need a father for her offspring, or did she actually love him? Feel anything for him? Did the kids feel anything or did they just humor him?

Plus the end makes he's whole life feel so sad, moving from place to place forever, alone until he dies!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc7 months ago

Great Halloween story - best I've read by far! Only "extra" I would have thrown in is burning the house down. 5.0*

Buster2UBuster2U7 months ago

I have always enjoyed Halloween Parties the most. Ahhhhhh However I can really understand the MC horror to see his wife in a big orgy! LOL I don't know how he didn't break it up! Heart Breaking. Thanks, Buster2U

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ7 months ago

Will eventually settles down with a good woman in Salem Oregon. Turns out her family are Witch hunters. In the future, Will's children hunt down Sarah's evil offspring and destroy the entire coven.

lerenardruselerenardruse7 months ago

This is a great start to a story with several chapters.

LickideesplitLickideesplit7 months ago

Unrated

This is a supernatural story. Perhaps NonHuman, but whenever SciFi or similar aspects,

such as magic, is a fundamental base of the tale, it belongs in that category. A witch fucking a warlock in view of Hubby is NOT cheating by their rules. And not explaining the wizardly rules to Hubby (to the degree allowed) before matrimony to a ‘regular’ human would be one method to keep them together. Not sure why Hubby falling off the roof (pun intended) was inserted into this offering.

LickideesplitLickideesplit7 months ago

Addendum

A big omission IMHO was that benefits of being a witch was only clearly offered to We-The-Readers when Sweetie indicated to Hubby that she could fix a critical loss (kid’s teeth) if he would look in her eyes. At the same time, WTR can determine Sweetie could not detect a mere human’s lie! If I could pick supernatural powers, lie detection would high on my shopping list … just after being irresistible.

JRandyJJRandyJ7 months ago

This one needs more chapters.

SatyrDickSatyrDick7 months ago

[14.10.23]

Excellent start...????

FTDS!

MormonJackMormonJack7 months ago

Terrific story, thank you! Not sure if you need additional chapters but if you do, I look forward to them.

njlaurennjlauren7 months ago

Interesting story but it isn't complete. There have been similar tales dealing with magical families or cults, hubby finds out,etc. The problem here is he has the wife served, then disappears and that is that. What happens to him? Did Sarah love him ? Was he just convenient? The way it ends she is emotionless other than hearing about the teeth.

In real life a witch would never do something like this ( I am referring to the old religion ,not witches as Hollywood presents them) . Doing this to him non consensually violates various beliefs:)

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

Good beginning!

4

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox7 months ago

Damn!! WOW!! Great story!! A continuation would be nice but the story does stand on its own. Thank you.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster17 months ago

Could have used a bit more to resolve the outcome, but certainly very well told.

clarkgarbleclarkgarble7 months ago

Bewitching. 5 scary stars

Wavedave45Wavedave457 months ago

After her I'd marry a black Jewish lawyer and have lots of kids and raise them to be Witch hunters. We'd travel the country in a van. Hipsters in the PNW will teach them irony. And they will get their mother a sovereign citizen bumper sticker since she had to deal with many of those types back before she quit her job when I filled her head with wild stories of witches and warlocks and how we need to kill them. But not because I'm against spells and potions. Hell, the main way I'd support my family would be by slinging rhino horn boner pills on the roadside. That's pretty much a modern day potion. No, they all must die because my ex is a bitch. And because she knows spells it stands to reason she can shapeshift like Star Treks Odo. So I couldn't just kill her if I wanted to be certain. I'd have to kill all the witches and warlocks.

==

Between homeschooling lessons we'll teach them the quickest way to kill witches and warlocks. By shooting them in the head. In Cherokee country we'll befriend a Chief that will teach them his peoples ways of tracking. And in the middle of the night we will leave without telling him because I had written some bad checks after having my rhino horns seized by Tribal police.

==

My wife being the former lawyer remembered that not only Massachusetts is an at-fault divorce state but also adultery is a felony as well there.

==

I left Mass a Cuckold. And I would return with a younger hot lawyer wife that makes me call her the n word during rough sex and she said its okay when it's only us but still it's really fucking weird and I was so uncomfortable saying it the first time I cried which killed the mood.

==

Also, I'd have a squad of fucking half black Jewish home schooled witch hunters. Like Blade but cooler.

ReadyOneReadyOne7 months ago

How does the husband BTB when she is a witch?

_

I suppose destroying the baby teeth is all the satisfaction he can get.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Unfinished story....

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Solid supernatural take on this (mostly fairly tired) genre. 4*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago
Rushed ending

Nice story until the end.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sweet, but much too curt. As said before this comment, there is more to the tale, and more after it

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Damn, other2other comments are as ridiculous as his stories. Man literally sees no other trope than btb

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very creative and different. Great Halloween story. Nice to see that in Literotica which all seem to be the same.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Needs another chapter. 4*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Interesting but feels lacking. No real exploration of the intermix of love and witchcraft just events.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thanks for sharing...

I wanted to give you higher marks, but the story is so underdeveloped. Shame really I was enjoying the read.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer7 months ago

The story is well written. So thank you. But why was the husband so much of a doormat? All those years of his wife going off on Halloween, initially alone then with all the children, and doormat boy never says "I'm coming along as well". I mean, how dense could he possibly be? He said they had a "close family, doing everything together" but that wasn't true. He was delusional.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Did you get tired of writing? It seems unfinished.

secretsalsecretsal7 months ago

@LenardSpencer: I mean, she was a witch. She had him under a spell, which I guess could qualify him as suffering delusions. Took a concussion to snap him out of it, so it must have been fairly powerful.

Rocky62Rocky627 months ago

Good seasonal read, Addams family strikes loving wives!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A fresh tale for sure, seasonally apt as well. But I felt a very rushed ending. Maybe more to come?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Could have been an interesting and good story, it had a lot of potential. Unfortunately, the way it ended pretty much made it a waste to read. What a disappointment. Too bad, it was very promising.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

this could have been a good story, but it was about a page and a half short. 3*

amygdalaamygdala7 months ago

Damm this needs another part, please add another chapter if you can?

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol7 months ago

Great googly moogly, I want more.

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Half a plot at best

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story and I don't know how you could have made more of a meal of it (not a writer) but it ended too quickly. Well done what there was of it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Loved the story. I hope there is another part to it. 5*****

lujon2019lujon20197 months ago

thats it? she cheated so I ran away?

half a story gets half a score

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Stupid story…the question of why was he even needed? Chimera writes like an ass!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

"showers that went frigid if anyone flushed a toilet" - Showers get hot, not cold, when someone flushes, because the flushing diverts cold water.

\

FTDS

lAnatomistelAnatomiste7 months ago

Very well done- an excellent Halloween story.

Sometimes stories need a follow-up; this is not one of them. 90%, IMO, of actual horror is _not_ knowing what's going on, of _not_ being able to figure out 'why?'

nixroxnixrox7 months ago

1 star - for a very average Halloween story, but the horrid orgy scene with the bloody body was waaaay beyond acceptable. Why did she even bother getting married to him in the first place, when he was so superficial to their relationship?

opefully, your next story will be better.

NoTalentHackNoTalentHack7 months ago

Fantastic! And I mean that in multiple senses of the word.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

One day when sarah feel sorry, how will she apologize or make amend? Or it never happens.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Wrong category, should be in Fantasy/Science Fiction. There was no Loving Wife, there was no adultery, there was no normal marriage. It was all a Fantasy story about witchcraft. Which means it makes no logical sense. And as many must realize, there was no Witchcraft. What spells were cast, what great beneficial magic was performed? What was the fucking point of being a witch? Just silly and contrived, with no meaningful or compelling plot. At least she should have bewitched him into believing he was a sex God, and her orgasms were the best possible. Yeah, just stupid.

MightyHornyMightyHorny7 months ago

Gotta agree with a lot of the comments left here, author:

Good story, BUT you started something. And you should finish it.

Don't know if you can knock a Part 2, featuring Sarah's perspective, before Halloween... but, if you can pull it off, please go for it!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Would love a follow up or series.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It is a great half-story, actually, it's more like one quarter of a great story. He needs to gather a team of witch-busters to go back and break their power. Or something. He needs to come out on top, shame that whole side of the family, make them a laughingstock.

.

5 stars, but it's incomplete. This has the potential to be an all-time Lit masterpiece... if you work on finishing it. And you're probably the only one who can. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

In the beginning wondered why she accepted his request.

He treated her badly.

The start was inviting.

The end disappointing.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This my second rant.

It ended like the author no idea we’re to go from here ( the ending).

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

Hblack00Hblack007 months ago

The house would not have allowed it

KiwihunterKiwihunter7 months ago

A nice fairytale. Exactly like the tales spouted by all the religious nutbars of every faith.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

If she believes in the old ways, then so should he; suffer not a witch to live. Great story

The_John_YossarianThe_John_Yossarian7 months ago

You're on to something, but the story needs to be rewritten and sharpened. This reads like a rough draft, albeit an incomplete one. Get someone to beta-read the finished product. Kudos for breaking out of the LW mold. 3 stars.

Sumnut96Sumnut967 months ago

4 stars for an imaginative tale. However, it feels unfinished DMW aka

bobareenobobareeno7 months ago

This was a fine Halloween loving wives genre tale. My only suggestion would have been to have had a further confrontation, to see that the witch had suffered a real loss.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

1/2 half of the story. no score at this time.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

One more chapter please

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Creepy, but without a doubt, one of the best Halloween stories published here so far. It was a pleasure to read it and I realize he better scape and run away from Sarah and her children while he can. Masterfully developed. Thanks a lot for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This very much different tale, since is clearly out-of-place, lacks just one thing: the final Burn The Witch, a huge hot flame to make the witch house a pool of ashes. Not a bad tale, but not LW.

FordF150guyFordF150guy7 months ago

Interesting story but not much of an ending.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

THANK YOU for the story!! Why would Sarah need a husband? I didn't see where she explained why she needed him.

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

That was a great Halloween story.

ribnitinribnitin7 months ago

Nicely done. It's complete on its own until you decide to write more

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Liked the story. Very strong Halloween themed LW tale…nicely written with good(e) characters. Unlike other commenters, I feel like you’ve effectively closed the story with no need for further chapters, in my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I think there's room for another chapter!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So why marry the guy? Why not one of those “better” warlocks?

.

3 ***

BSreaderBSreader7 months ago
Interesting

Story

TechumsahTechumsah7 months ago

Good story. Her side would be interesting.....soes she find him? Why did she marry him? Did she love him or was he a prop? Lots of room to run here but also good on its own.

maninconnmaninconn7 months ago

Oooo…. Sweet story! Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Ouch! He really was bewitched!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Need a follow up/sequel; answer some questions form Sarah's point of view?:

Why marry the guy, instead of one of the warlocks? (As was mentioned in another comment).

The house was in her family, she didn't really need him specifically for any reason so, why???

Why not have at least one of the children be his (having her show at little compassion towards him), and add some irony; the child becomes more of a powerful witch/warlock than siblings; just to undermine her logic...

OOAAOOAA7 months ago

What a bitch....... LOL

FabGMxFabGMx7 months ago

I agree whit several other comments in the end. Why Sarah needed him? Infatuatuion, a desire for normalcy maybe? In the end it doesnt matter she manipulated all his life, and he is only begins to realize that.

Yeah, i agree, this was somewhat short on motives or character development, it could be longer 2-3 pages and leaves many things in the air. Namely about why Sarah keep him around if in the end she doesnt need him to preserve the "bloodline"

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I'm as shocked as the main character. I'd dissappear too.

teedeedubteedeedub7 months ago

Alrighty then....................

muskyboymuskyboy7 months ago

No consequences to ANYONE? Why did Sarah marry him in the first place?

XluckyleeXluckylee7 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee

Omegaman56Omegaman567 months ago

I don’t know how I missed their series but ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun7 months ago

Great start to the story. Thanks.

inka2222inka22226 months ago

1 star because the bitch didn't suffer any downside at all and the MC didn't even get a real family or real children in the end. What a depressing story.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades6 months ago

Enjoyed the story, looking for more. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You moved to California! Are you crazy? I bet there are more covens there than any other State in the nation. Of course they probably can't trace their ancestry back to Salem. Was this an All Hallows Eve submission?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous