Satisfied With Love Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Because I am more in tune with the bigger picture," Chuck replies.

"Well, I'm seriously touched by your candor.... Is it your intention to scare the pants off me so bad that I cancel the rest of my visit here in LA, run to my sisters with my tail between my legs and convince them to give the Packard Empire to you and your buddies?"

"I can't speak for what you will do, just what you should do."

Larry lowers his head and shook it in utter disbelief.

"Wow.... I'm really sorry you feel that way, Chuck, but your job has nothing to do with the Packard Empire. It is Packard Records I pay you to work at. I don't pay you to do anything else, but it is obvious that you have over stepped your job. You do understand I can fire you, don't you?"

Chuck now knows he has not put the fear of God in Brad like he planned because he is aware he screwed up again. Now he is pissed at himself for screwing up, twice.

"Yes, but you won't because you know I'm right."

"What if I disagree with you. What then?" Brad asks.

"Not an option, we both know I'm right. Even Larry knows it."

Larry went to immediate anger again, or still.

"Chuck, don't even try to speak on my behalf. I know of no such thing and frankly, neither do you," Larry said with a hostile tone.

Brad pauses for a second to consider his next move. Should he keep his track or taunt him more?

"Interesting.... I don't consider myself to be the brightest person in the world, but it doesn't sound to me like your boss agrees with you.... I'm really sorry Chuck, but I must admit, you're wrong. It is an option because I have no intention of running the Packard Empire into the ground and neither do my sisters. We understand more about business than you think."

Brad continues, "What I will say is, it takes a lot of guts for someone to tell the new owners they are too stupid to be owners. Have you any idea how many business advisors my sisters and I have spoken with in the last couple weeks? Even though I did not pick them, my father did so I know they are all professionals. They even convinced me they are. You, on the other hand, have failed to do that."

"Don't answer that, because you can't.... Unfortunately for you, this is where you and I have to part company because I know your analysis is not correct. But, thank you so much for supporting your new owners the way you are."

Kristi is celebrating inside as Brad continues to perform at a high level. Jeni is also smiling inside, knowing Brad is on top of his game. Larry is also looking at Brad more favorable as a leader and is impressed with his performance.

"You have gone out of your way to insult me with your stupid opinions, so I feel it is only fair to insult you with some of mine. One, you are the dumbest Vice President I have ever met, bar none. Two, now I completely understand why my father did not hire you as the CEO. Three, I don't like paying dumb Vice Presidents a big salary to work for me. Four, you know I have a master's degree in business from Stanford University and lied to me about it, however, that is irrelevant to you because I'm just a 23 year old kid and lack business experience. Five, I am perplexed at how you got where you are being as dumb as you are, professionally, and I use that term loosely."

Larry is having a difficult time covering his smirks again. So is Kristi and Jeni.

Chuck said, "I want...."

Brad's words are becoming more forceful, direct and louder.

"Shut the fuck up Chuck! I'm not done with your dumb ass yet so do not interrupt me again!" Brad shouts, scaring Kristi and Jeni, temporarily, and getting the attention of the security team.

They quicky stood and look into the office. Helen quickly told them to be cool and to wait for further instructions from her, so they just stand there and watch. She is acutely aware that Brad is close to firing Chuck because she has been listening in on the whole conversation in Larry's office, as she always does, and a smile came to her face.

Chuck has to assume he made his point and can't do any more convincing than he has already done. He also knows he did not accomplish what he set out to do and is not happy with his own performance. Now, he has no choice but to keep quiet to find out where this will go from here, still hoping his point got through to Brad.

Kristi knows the shit is about to hit the fan and she is real impressed with the way her boss is handling himself. She is very proud of him. So is Jeni. Inside, they are so happy he has taken complete control of the situation.

"Let me put it bluntly.... Believe it or not, this is my job now, whether you like it or not. I do not bow to stupid requests from stupid executive cry babies, either. I don't employ too many so consider yourself lucky. Whether or not we can handle our inheritance is none of your damn business, nor is it your decision to make, which is why you were not consulted about it in the first place."

Inside, Kristi and Jeni are smiling and cheering him on. They love Brad's kick ass, take charge attitude. Larry is also favorably impressed with Brad's performance.

"However, in the last twenty minutes, you have disrespected and insulted Larry, insulted my intelligence and disrespected me, insulted and disrespected my father, my sisters and my staff. I understand you have no respect for me and I believe there are likely to be more people like you working for me, but, Ms Miner and Ms Gilbert have done nothing to you and deserve more respect than you have shown any of us so far. You better apologize to them. You can refuse to do this if you like, but I do not recommend it. Let them hear it."

Chuck thought for a second.

"Alright.... Kristi and Jeni, I apologize," Chuck said, looking at them.

"It's Ms Miner and Ms Gilbert to you, Chuck, and that was the lamest excuse for an apology I have ever heard. I want to hear the s word."

"Kristi, Jeni, I'm sorry," Chuck said, ignoring Brad's names for his assistants.

Brad lowers his head, shaking it, and smirks sarcastically. Chuck just verified he has no respect for anybody and Brad knows it for a fact now. Helen is right.

"Sorry about what."

"Kristi, Jeni, I'm sorry if my words offended or scared you," Chuck said.

"Same for my sisters and my father."

Chuck apologized to Brad's father, but not his sisters, not really understanding why. Brad is thinking Chuck does not like his father any more than himself.

"Anybody else you wish to apologize to?"

"No," Chuck said.

"Not even me?"

"No."

"Shocking.... Not even Larry?"

"No. This was never about Larry. I owe him nothing."

"That is awesome Chuck, but far from satisfactory. I do not believe you meant a single word of any of those apologies."

"I don't know you at all, but I'm willing to bet you are the least liked and least respected of all company management by the people who work with you and for you, which is just about everyone here. You have no respect for authority and even less respect for the employees who work hard for this company every day to get you that nice fat paycheck."

"You have also revealed that you have no respect for the owners and that is unfortunate for you. What I don't understand is how you expect to maintain your position in this company with an attitude no-one likes? What's worse is, how do you expect me to recommend to my sisters that you and your phonies should replace us? I cannot do that based on what I have heard from you this morning. Other than that, I would say you're doing just fine."

"So, here is what I want to know.... Who put you up to this?"

"Nobody."

"Sure, nobody. I didn't even think of that. You did it all by yourself, even though you have two buddies lined up to take over the Packard Empire with you and they obviously know nothing about your plan," Brad said sarcastically. "You could of had it all to yourself, lounging on easy street the rest of your life. How stupid and foolish are you to think that? You have no clue what it takes to keep the Packard Empire running on all cylinders."

"Oh, by the way, your little scare tactic didn't work. It's a good thing for me I left my boots at home. Not bad for a 23 year old kid, don't ya think?"

Without giving Chuck a chance to respond, Brad looks at Larry and asks, "Do you agree with Chuck, Larry?"

Looking at Chuck with a pissed off expression, Larry said, "No, Mr Weber, I do not. He is way out of line here. If it...."

"Call me Brad, Larry," Brad said, interrupting.

Larry nods. He is really pissed off and it shows. If looks could kill, Chuck would not be among the living right now.

Brad looks back at Chuck and said, "As an owner, one of my many jobs is to make sure you don't screw up yours. But, you already have. I can deal with my failure by fixing yours."

"Sooo, I would like you to explain to me why it is necessary for me and Larry to maintain your employment as Vice President of Packard Records."

Then Brad waves to Helen. Chuck looks over his shoulder to see who Brad waved at as Helen gets up to escort the security team into Larry's office. The security team waits for Helen to do her job and escort them into the office not knowing what Chuck is about to do.

Chuck turns back to Brad and stares. Brad looks at him and can see the anger building within him. Then, Chuck gets up and moves toward Brad with security still too far away to stop him. Brad's adrenalin begins to flow as he anticipates a physical confrontation.

"Chuck! Sit down," Larry yells as he stands.

As Chuck gets close to Brad, he makes a fist and raises his arm, his face full of anger. Brad, whose blood is filled with adrenalin, raises his leg and kicks Chuck in the gut so hard his feet left the floor and pushes him back three or four feet. Chuck fell flat on his face with a loud thud in front of Jeni and Kristi. He immediately rolls to his side and assumes a fetal position, gasping and grimacing as he places his hands on his stomach to help deal with his labored breathing.

Brad is surprised at his own strength. His workouts have just paid him dividends.

The security team scurries to reach Chuck, but they are to late to stop him. As they stood over him, they left him alone for the moment, allowing him to get his breathing in order.

Helen, Kristi and Jeni are noticeably scared at this turn of events.

Brad stood up and turns to his staff and asks, "You okay?"

They both reply, one at a time, "Scared, but okay."

Turning to Helen, he asks, "Helen, are you okay?"

Helen is still standing by the door. Not getting a response, Brad went to her and helps her to the seat next to Larry. Helen looks as if she is in shock.

"Scared, but I'll be okay in a bit," she finally said.

"Larry, you okay?"

"Just very pissed Brad."

Brad nods and went back to Kristi and Jeni as they stood and he gave them a tight hug, easing much of the tension they are feeling.

Brad asks in a low voice, "Kristi, feel better now?"

"I do, Brad."

"Jeni, feel better?"

"Yes, Brad, I do."

"Good, now I feel better," he said.

The security team imprisons Chuck with handcuffs but left him on the floor, temporarily, as his breathing continues to recover. When Chuck's face hit the carpet, his nose turned red as his blood made its way into the carpet. Kristi retrieves tissues and put them under his nose to catch the dripping blood. Helen looks at him with total disgust, not really wanting to do anything for him at all.

Larry said, "Helen, I hope you are feeling better."

"I am Mr Strait. Thank you for asking."

"Good. Please get the nurse in here to deal with Chuck's needs. Ask her to make it quick please and you can use my phone if you want."

"Yes Mr Strait. Not a problem," she replies and took care of the request.

Then the girls sat back down and Brad took the few steps to the security team, as if nothing has happened.

"Guys, please introduce yourselves," he said.

"Kevin and.... Ted," they said as Brad shook their hands.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Brad Weber, one of the new owners of Packard Records."

"Nice to meet you Mr Weber," they said.

Then they help Chuck up off the floor and literally threw him onto his seat, not in a nice way, and stood guard on either side of him.

Helen took a seat next to Kristi as she picks up her phone. At the same time, Brad returns to his chair while he remains standing, and looks at Helen, Kristi and Jeni.

"On Chuck's behalf, I would like to apologize to you for his lack of respect because he is not smart enough to understand what he has done here today. I had hopes he would not take it to this level," Brad said.

Then Brad faces Chuck.

"Chuck you're fired!"

Larry also said, "Chuck. You're fired."

Helen said, "YES!" emphatically, then stood, making three winner's fist pump gestures as she made her way to the office door and waits. She is no longer scared.

Brad and Larry smile at her reaction, then return to Chuck's crisis.

While Brad is talking to Chuck, Larry calls HR and told them to prepare for Chuck's termination and to call the police as he is pressing attempted assault charges against Chuck.

"Chuck, I will not tolerate stupid executives with your attitude working for me. As I find them, I will fire them."

"You just wasted five years of your life. My advice to you -- don't waste any more. Have a nice day, and congratulations, you just gambled your job away. How stupid was that?"

"Also, please tell your buddies we will not consider selling or giving the Packard Empire to them for any reason, or price. And, based on a rumor I just heard, Larry will handle your attempted assault on my behalf by pressing charges."

"You also have the distinction of being the first executive in the Packard Empire to be fired by the new owners. Deep down, I hope it's the last, but somehow, I doubt that will be the case."

"Lastly, I don't like firing people, but you left me no choice and you know it. I'm sorry I had to do it, but I do hope you learn something from this."

Brad is pissed, but under control. He gave Chuck a stern look throughout his demise. Chuck clearly wants to say something but Brad advises him against it because whatever he says will not mean anything to anybody. Larry told him the same thing.

Then, the nurse arrives and the meeting gets placed on hold until the nurse does her do diligence with Chuckie. Helen escorts her into the office and allows her to spend ample time to clean him up and dress his wounds. Then she left with a huge smile on her face.

Turning to the security team, Brad said, "Ted, Kevin, I have the most unpleasant task you will love to perform. Please escort Chuck to his office, pack his personal stuff, then take him to HR to be processed out of Packard Records. He can wait there for the police."

"He is not to remove any electronic devices from this building unless IT can clear them in advance. Whatever devices turn out to be his will be mailed to him after IT verifies they are clear of company materials, phone numbers and contacts. Don't let him out of your grasp, but please, get him out of my sight."

"With pleasure, Mr Weber.... and thank you for allowing us to do this," Ted said.

They assist Chuckie to his feet, each holding an arm.

"Please take a walk with us Chuckie," Ted said.

"The name is Mr Little to you boys."

"Ohhh, I don't think so Chuckie," Kevin said as Helen holds the office door open for them.

"We're pee-ons in this company. You, on the other hand, just got fired, twice no less, so you don't work here anymore. That makes you the one we pee on," Kevin told him as they escort the ex-VP out of the office.

Larry, Helen, Brad, Kristi and Jeni all had to work overtime to suppress their laughter, but they are not successful. All five of them burst out laughing. That was the best put-down they ever heard. They will definitely remember that one.

********

As Larry is recovering from his laughter, he calls Helen back into his office.

After they all took their seats, he said, "Ohhh my.... that was a good one."

Then he looks at Jeni.

"Ms Gilbert, I apologize to you for Little's behavior and lack of respect."

Then he looks at Kristi.

"Ms Miner, I apologize to you for Little's behavior and lack of respect and I'm sorry he said what he did to you and Ms Gilbert."

Then he looks at Helen.

"Helen, I owe you a big apology. I also apologize to you for Little's behavior and his lack of respect. I'm also sorry I forced you to put up with him for so long. But, I'm very pleased you stuck it out."

Looking at Brad, he said, "Brad, I owe you and even bigger apology. I apologize for Little's behavior and lack of respect. I am so embarrassed by his actions, especially his assault on you and I'm glad he got what he deserves. I'm also pissed at what he said to you and your staff and again, I'm sorry he did that to you."

"I wish I knew he was going to do this before hand, but he never even gave me a hint he was going to do anything like this. I admit again, I'm completely embarrassed by his actions and words."

Larry continues saying, "It is my job to know what Little would do today, and I didn't. Under these circumstances, my professional etiquette tells me I am to offer my resignation for a job not so well done. I will email it to you as soon as I write it."

"MR STRAIT, NO!" Helen burst out, then covered her mouth with both hands and froze.

"I'm sorry Helen, it is my professional responsibility to offer my resignation," Larry explains.

Surprised by Helen's reaction, Brad said, smiling, "Helen, I would ask you to justify your outburst please. No-one in this room will reprimand you or fire you for speaking your mind. I promise."

She looks at him with extreme skepticism. She is now afraid for her own job and thinks she may be going out the door with Larry.

"I'm serious Helen," Brad said. "I want to encourage you to speak your mind and there will be no reprisal. I do this for all my staff and I would like you to feel free to express yourself as well."

Kristi spoke up saying, "He does Helen. He encourages our participation, whether he wants to hear it or not."

Jeni adds, "He does Helen."

Kristi and Jeni look at Larry and he nods his encouragement. Helen is very fearful, but, being a strong girl, she is willing to risk it now that Chuckie is gone. Hopefully, things will change for the better. She lowers her hands to speak because if she says nothing, things may not turn out as bad as she is expecting.

Helen clears her voice and said, "Mr Weber, I feel Mr Strait is exactly what this company needs right now. He is the direct opposite of Chuckie. I have worked with him directly for two months and I would like to see him continue to do what he started without the adverse effects of Chuckie. Mr Strait promotes discussion, listens to everyone's opinion, asks many questions, makes good decisions, keeps this company moving forward and does not shut anybody down. He is the most efficient company officer I have ever worked for. I can only say it has been a positive experience for me to work for him in his capacity as CEO."

Brad looks at Helen asking, "How many people working in this company do you think would agree with what you just said?"

Helen contemplates her answer.

"Most of them, Mr Weber, close to all of them."

"And just so you understand where I'm coming from," Helen continues, "I submitted my resignation to Mr Strait a couple days ago, but he rejected it saying something will happen regarding Little by the end of the month and asked me to stick it out. I did, not expecting his demise so soon, but I'm glad as hell he got what was coming to him. He was the absolute worst person I have ever met and had to work with in my short life. I will be celebrating his departure. Party time tonight."

"Thank you for your honesty Helen."