Satisfied With Love Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Brad looks at Larry and said, "Larry, tell me why my father hired you?"

"He hired me because he thought I could get the job done based on my history of success in business Brad."

"Not so Larry. He hired you because he knew you can get the job done. If my father had any doubts, he would not have hired you."

"Good point. I agree with that."

"So, do you still think I should fire you because of this?"

"You have every right Brad."

"That's not what I asked Larry."

"This happened because I did not know Little would do what he did. I am responsible for his actions and I am professional enough to accept the consequences."

"Again, that's not what I asked Larry. A yes or no would be a good answer please."

Larry pauses to think and came to an honest conclusion.

"Yes, you should."

Helen gasps and covers her mouth with her hand, suddenly feeling very scared Brad will fire him.

"Thank you for your honesty Larry. I agree, I do have every right. But, I'm sorry to have to disappoint you, but I'm not going to fire you over this."

Helen now feels relief and she smirks with some serious redness in her face.

"Larry, you have only been the CEO here for two months with a VP that underminded your every move. I'm sure you had a reason for keeping him on or had a plan to deal with him and because of that, I do not expect you can learn this company in that amount of time."

"My father hired you to run this company for a reason and I have no desire to second guess him. Just relax and continue your service. My job is to support you and Packard Records, not fire you and everybody in it. I think all of us have learned something today and I also think you have Helen's full support. Just guessing though."

Brad smiles, looks at Helen and said, "Thank you Helen, for being so honest. What you did today helped me reach the correct decision. I applaud your strength and hope you will continue to work with Larry. And just so you know, I will never fire anyone for giving their opinion, especially if I ask for it."

Brad looks back at Larry and said, "It's a bit soon for me to tell any executive I have all the answers, but we have to move Packard Records forward. Firing you will not accomplish that. Nuff said."

Kristi is totally amazed at how Brad is handling everything here, given his limited experience level in corporate affairs. She is learning Brad is an exceptional leader, a take charge kinda guy, just like his father, but in a unique way.

Brad continues saying, "In spite of what Chuck seems to think, I am not stupid.... yet, but I will work on that," he said jokingly. "I encourage you to get to know your company, but it will take time for you to do that and since Chuckie is no longer here, it will be easier for you. I also challenge you to get to know your new VP faster."

"Thank you for your confidence in me Brad, and I agree, you're not stupid," Larry said. "Far from it.... I've warned Little twice before about his attitude and his interaction with company employees. I was trying to get as much business information out of him as possible before I fired him, but his performance today broke the chain of my professional tolerance. Today would have been his last day working in this company because if you didn't fire him, I would have.... But, I get the impression you knew early on you would do it, didn't you?"

"I did, Larry and that is why I wanted to speak to Helen."

"When and how did you know?"

"He appeared to me to be pissed off about something when we met outside. Making our way to your office, he never even cracked a smile or said anything. But when he tried to kick my staff out of the office, my blood boiled. His opening statement had no empathy for the human race, not to mention my staff. All he did was drop kick my staff and I was very pissed about it. He asks nothing of anybody, just barks orders," he replies.

Mr Weber...."

"Brad, Larry, or you will force me to throw you in the pool," he said smiling.

Helen, Kristi and Jeni grin. Larry grins after he saw the others grinning.

"Sorry, Brad. I'm impressed with your professionalism and especially your performance with regard to handling Little. I have never seen anyone handle that situation better than you just did. It's an awesome, professional performance on your part."

"You have shown everyone here who the real professional is and earned my respect as an owner of the Packard Empire, despite being a 23 year old kid," he said smiling. "I look forward to a great future with the Packard Empire and, based on my observations alone, I would say you are wise beyond your years," Larry said.

"Thank you Larry. I am humbled by your compliments.... I know you didn't hire Chuck, but I don't want that attitude or personality working in this company. I will weed them out myself if I have to, but, you have my permission to do it for me. Also, when you get his replacement onboard, I would like you to call me please," Brad said. "Ms Miner has total possession of my business phone and will give you my contact information."

"Also, if you would be so kind, please make sure Chuck's secretary, and anybody else with insider information, has no communication with Chuck. I don't know why anyone would voluntarily do that, but that's just me."

"For your information," Larry said, "Chuck's secretary, Angie, quit about a month ago. She held out the longest. We have not been able to find anyone to replace her that is willing to work with Chuck for more than two hours before they quit, but I will take care of that," he said, chuckling.

"Helen shocked me when she submitted her resignation. I thought she was handling Chuck okay, but she forced me to respond. Fortunately for me, Helen agreed to wait him out," Larry said snickering.

"Mr Weber."

"Yes Helen."

"I want to thank you for not firing Mr Strait. It is my opinion he does not deserve it, despite his own opinion. Also, thank you for not firing me. For a minute back then, I thought I was headed out the door with Mr Strait."

"Not a problem Helen. I never had any thoughts about firing either of you. I'm serious about what I told you. I will not fire good people, but under the right circumstances, I will not hesitate fire those that deserve it. I hope Chuck is the last one I have to fire," Brad said as he raised his fist for a fist bump from her, "but my biggest fear at this point is, there might be more."

To be continued.... Stay tuned to 'Satisfied With Love Ch. 02'.