Satisfied With Love Ch. 13

Story Info
Training continues, so does Brad and Kristi.
12k words
4.74
2.8k
1

Part 13 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 07/24/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MDSW
MDSW
518 Followers

Author's Notes: Keep the comments coming. I read each one. I do hope you are enjoying the novel.

MDSW

********

Jeni continues answering questions.

"I also give them hugs whenever I feel like it and I do so quite often because it makes me feel good, as well as them. Also, they have done something for me that I really don't want to discuss because it's personal," she said and lowers her head, realizing she should not have said that.

"Well, that just let the cat out of the bag so I need to explain it so you understand."

Brad interrupts saying, "Jeni, you don't have to explain this and I would rather you didn't."

"Brad, I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree. I do have to reveal this. I just screwed up and opened up pandora's box here, and I don't want them thinking about anything other than what I'm referring to. I can already see their brains going berserk and they are already skeptical as well. Not telling them specifically what I'm referring to will only exasperate the problem."

"I understand that Jeni and I don't care if their brains are going berserk, or they are skeptical. That is their problem. This is personal for you and I don't want you exposing yourself to that degree. It's not necessary for this training. They have to accept the training as it is, not direct it."

Larry said, "Brad, you're the boss! Just tell her the way it is going to be whether she likes it or not!"

Sandi and Helen go into shock by Larry's outburst. So has everyone else. Brad is especially annoyed.

"Larry, you have the right to run your company any way you want. However, do not come into my house and tell me how to run it. I don't take kindly to that. I do not consider myself a boss. I am a leader. I encourage my staff to speak their mind and I listen. I consider their side of the argument before I make a final decision. When you interrupted, I was listening to Jeni's side."

"I'm sorry I did that, Brad. I just wanted to see your reaction to my statement. I don't work that way either," Larry said.

"Did you just do to me what I did to my staff in your office back then?" Brad asks.

"Guilty as charged."

"Sneaky bastard," Brad said smiling.

Larry adds, "It's hard for me to grasp that I'm learning from someone half my age."

Brad nods.

"You mean a 23 year old kid?" he said and laughs.

They all do the same.

Sandi and Helen laugh and are also relieved at the outcome. They relax and smile. Kristi and Jeni lit up at the realization as Brad thought for a minute.

"Based on your response, Jeni, and against my better judgement, I'm going to allow you to proceed because I understand where you are coming from and why you feel the need to explain. What I don't know is whether or not it will change anything, but if you want to explain, go for it and we will support you. Just be careful what you reveal please."

"Thank you, Brad. I will, and thank you for your support..."

Jeni turns to Larry and said, "To begin, part of the agreement I made with Brad upon being hired is he wants me to be happy to work for the owners, Kristi and the other assistants at the Packard Empire. If I was not happy for any reason, I am to talk to either Brad, Kristi, or both, to get any problem resolved. I was surprised to hear that. No other company ever expected that of me so I agreed whole-heartedly. Who does not want to be happy at work?"

"As for myself, I had a self confidence problem, but I didn't have a work confidence problem. I am very good at what I do for the corporation... It was the day I signed my new employment contract when Brad and Kristi ganged up on me," she said smiling.

"Kristi did most of the planning and Brad did most of the talking. Their plan was to teach me a life lesson about standing up and fighting for myself. Personally, it was not something I was good at and I got the short end of the stick as a result. I was frustrated with my career, but did nothing to change it. This was not something they had to do, but they knew it would help me going forward, so they did it. I was not expecting it either, nor did I know they were doing it. Understand, though, this was very real to me. I had no clue they were setting me up."

"When Kristi gave me the first contract, I read it and signed it even though I was disappointed with it, and it showed. Kristi questioned why I was disappointed because they gave me everything I asked for in my interview, which is true. I explained to her why and Kristi told me to rip up the contract if I was not happy with it..."

"The truth is, I wasn't happy with the contract, but I couldn't rip it up, either. This is my dream job and I explained to them I would be devastated if I lost this job and I am willing to make a sacrifice to stay. Then, Brad reminded me of my agreement about being happy and the interview went downhill from there. I couldn't do anything right. I felt so stressed."

"I was in tears and eventually, he asked me what I really wanted in my contract. After I told him, he said the Packard Empire is not willing to give me what I asked for. That was when I knew. He had me convinced I was going to be fired and I didn't fight for myself."

"I could see my dream job escape me and was crying my eyes out, but still, I did not fight for my dream job, or myself. I did not believe he was doing this to me after all I have done for him. I was absolutely devastated. I had no hope for my future and felt like a total failure."

"After three or four attempts, I finally ripped up the contract. At that point, the contract was meaningless to me because I was going to get fired anyway. I had nothing more to loose. That was when they started supporting me."

"When Kristi put the second contract in front of me, I was surprised and read it in total disbelief. They gave me a promotion and a raise more than what I asked for."

"Not believing what I was reading, I looked at Brad and asked, 'You're not going to fire me'? He shook his head and replied, 'I'm sorry, Jeni. There is no way in hell we would even consider firing you'."

"I got out of my chair, literally crashed into him and hugged him so hard I may have cracked a rib, but he never complained. He's such a trooper. I cried and cried and cried as I continued to hug him."

"After I recovered enough to speak, Brad told me this is the contract you get when you fight for yourself. Then he asked me if I was a happy girl, and I will modify my response. I said, 'Brad, I'm a very happy girl. You gave me everything I wanted in a contract, but was afraid to ask for'."

"Brad responded saying, 'No Jeni, that is not what just happened. We did not give you anything. You earned that contract based on your performance and attitude. You just don't see it that way yet'. He was right, I didn't."

"Once again, after I recovered from crying several minutes later, I asked Brad why he and Kristi did this for me. I will never, ever forget what he said. 'Because you are worth fighting for', was his response. They were willing to fight for me when I would not even fight for myself. I don't know how long I cried after that. No other boss in my entire life has done anything like that for me."

"Again, I spent more time recovering. I was an emotional wreck for a while. What made me feel especially good is that Brad and Kristi never gave up on me. Kristi joined the hug at some point, but I don't remember when. There was plenty of streaming tears to go around."

"That literally changed my life and today, I don't have a self confidence problem. I know exactly where I stand with Brad and Kristi. I stand up for myself. I fight for myself. I no longer question my self worth or company worth because I know what I'm worth to the Packard Empire. I am strong. I understand that actions speak louder than words. I have a very strong belief in myself, but I also know my place. All of these things Kristi and Brad taught me in that lesson and I will never forget them."

"I can't begin to explain the connection I have with them, but it goes deeper than any normal relationship you have with a friend. As a result, I get to hug them anytime I want and I do. We are best of friends and I will do most anything to make them happy because they will do most anything to make me happy. We are the greatest and strongest team and everyday, it just gets better."

Then Jeni gets somber and lowers her voice saying, "I would give them a hug right now if we weren't in a meeting," Jeni said as she began tearing up, then bows her head. "I owe them so much."

She begins to cry.

"Do it, Jeni," Brad said, standing up.

Jeni gets up quickly and crashes into Brad again. He is able to prepare before she hit him. When Kristi stood up, they have a group hug and hold each other tight. They all have wet eyes. Jeni squeezes them tight.

Sandi's jaw drops and can't believe her eyes. Larry smiles when he saw her. She is stunned they are hugging each other in a work environment, with crying and tears.

Continuing to hug her and speaking softly to her, Brad said, "Jeni, you don't owe us anything. You paid us back when you changed for the better and it made us happy and proud of you and for you. You learned the lesson well and it will never escape you. Your future is strong with or without us. That makes us happy. So, you have paid us back in full. Understand?"

"I do, Brad, but I can't help it for some reason. At that time you and Kristi did this, I'd known you for about a month, if that, and it is just overwhelming for me to think you would do that for anyone here in that amount of time, let alone me. You barely knew me at all, but you did it anyway."

"You have friends in high places, Jeni. I do hope you reconsider. Think about it please."

"I will Brad," she said, continuing the team hug.

A short time later, Kristi hands out tissues as they sit back down with smiles on their faces. Brad apologizes for the delay as they focus back on the training. The guests are very impressed with Jeni's story.

Brad said, "I must admit, I am reminded again that Jeni is stronger than she looks."

They all laugh, including Jeni.

"Thank you for that Jeni. That was above and beyond the answer to the question, and good show and tell, but I must say, I would not describe that as a normal response. Brad, why did you hug your team?" Sandi asks.

"Jeni, is it okay with you if I discuss this with them?"

"Yes Brad, it is," Jeni said.

"Okay. First, I told her I would support her and part of that is making her feel better. A hug is just one way I can do that for her. Second, I felt the explanation I gave her about her not owing us is important for her to understand. Third, as her leader, I want my staff to be happy. We are a team and if one member of the team is hurting, the team is hurting. Before the hug, she did not look very happy, but she did after. Did that hug somehow offend or insult you in any way?" Brad asks.

"No, it did not offend or insult me, but it is not normal behavior for a professional meeting such as this. It kinda shocked me."

"What would you do if one of your employees told you a story like that and began crying in front of you?"

She pauses, thinking about what she will do.

"Now that you mention it, it has never happened to me and I'm not sure what I would do," Sandi reveals honestly.

"Would you kick her out of your office and tell her to go cry on somebody else's shoulder?"

"No, of course not!"

"Fair enough. Think about it sometime. My question to you is, since when is a hug not normal behavior? Don't you hug anybody?"

"Yes, of course I do, but not at work," Sandi said.

"Why not? What is so different about work that you don't allow that?"

Sandi ponders that question for a moment and said, "To be honest with you, I don't know the specific reason, other than it's just not done in a professional environment."

"I asked why you don't allow it Sandi. Not why who or whatever doesn't allow it. I can only surmise that you can't tell me the reason. Is that true?"

"You're right Brad. I just don't know, I guess," she said, questioning herself.

"See if you agree with this... It's not done because somewhere along life's journey, you succumbed to the belief that the professional you must be different than the personal you. To do that, you have to be two different people, one for work and one for home. You agree?"

"Because of what I have been doing as a manager, I have no choice but to agree with that statement."

"Well, I don't agree with that philosophy and I am officially making a statement against it. My god, this whole team will come out against it! I would rather the personal you and the professional you, be the same you."

The three of them sit there and listens intently to what Brad said. They agree with him after some thought, but are afraid to admit it. Then Brad breaks their concentration and silence.

"Larry, tell me some adjectives that describes Sandi as a person."

"She is intelligent, professional, compassionate, strong willed, helpful, self confident and considerate. Is that enough?"

"Yes, Larry. Thank you... Sandi, would you agree with that?"

"Yes," she said proudly.

"Are you like that at work or do you change to meet your expectations of the job."

"I have to change, Brad. It is required of me."

"Who requires that of you?"

She thought for a second.

"Not a person... it's because I'm in a management position."

"So you're telling me that a management position requires that of you?"

"Yes. It always has," she said.

"Is that written somewhere in a management rulebook so I can read it?"

"Not that I'm aware of."

"Does Larry require that of you?"

"No. Once again, it comes with the job."

"So, you don't have written proof why you have to change and no-one told you to change. So why do you change?"

Getting annoyed with his persistence, she asks, "Why are you needling me about this?"

"You are challenging my philosophy, Sandi. I'm responding by challenging yours."

"Okay Brad. I understand and I'm sorry."

"My point is, I don't understand why it comes with the job and I gather you don't either. Would you feel better if you did not have to change to conform to the job, and you could be yourself all the time?" Brad asks.

"It would be a dream come true, Brad, but it's not likely to happen."

"Will you embrace it if it does?"

"Absolutely," Sandi said, kinda happy to hear that.

"Based on the seven adjectives Larry used to describe you, please tell me which one or ones you change when you go to work?"

She thought for a moment, then lowers her head and covers her face with her hands. She did not say a word. She did not cry either, but the color of her face tells the story. She knows the answer, and so does everyone else.

Brad continues, "By the time you finish with this training, each of you will see a very distinct difference between the way you think about relationships, and the way we think about relationships. You will determine, for yourself, which one you think is better. We already know the answer to that question. You will too by tomorrow afternoon."

Sandi sits up and uncovers her face. She is in a serious dilemma now as she is seriously wondering about her philosophy. Brad and Kristi have shot it to pieces. Now she has to pick up the pieces and figure out what to do with them. Larry and Helen are also thinking deeply about what Brad has revealed.

"You're right, I will, Brad," Sandi finally replies. "I also feel like I'm lost at this moment, if that makes any sense. Never has anybody challenged my work philosophy. I thought everyone had the same one I do."

"I'm sorry to stress you out Sandi. I know I was rough on you, but I want you to understand why you are doing what you are doing... However, don't beat yourself up. If you are not always learning, what is happening to you?"

"Brad, now you're trying to fry my brain," she said smiling.

Team Brad smiles with her.

"Jeni, you seem to have first hand knowledge of what they did for you. How do you know the details?" Sandi asks, hoping to change the subject.

"I asked and they told me after I signed the contract. We talk about everything. Well, most everything. Brad and Kristi are very open with the staff and that is another of many reasons why this is my home. We have very few secrets, if any, between us, which I think is very unique to us. We may not always ask the right questions, but we are comfortable with each other."

Jeni continues, saying, "Also, I agree with Brad about what you and he just discussed, Sandi. I'm willing to bet you change your mind and when you do, your attitude will change. You will smile more, feel better not only about your job, but also about your personal and professional future, and most important, about yourself," Jeni said, challenging her.

"You think so do you."

"No, Sandi, I don't think so. I know so because it happened to me."

"That's different. We'll see Jeni," Sandi said, kinda in shock as she is thinking how grounded Jeni is with her self confidence.

Helen asks, "Jeni, why are hugs from Brad so important to you?"

"It's not just hugs from Brad, although they do carry a lot more weight. When was the last time you got a hug from the owner of a huge corporation Helen? Recognition from high ranking people sticks to a person. A great relationship with them is unusual at best as an employee, but I don't feel like an employee anymore either. I'm part of the family."

"It's also hugs from the whole team. A hug is a big part of being recognized. Getting a pat on the back for work well done is one thing. Getting a hug is like icing on the cake. It makes me proud of myself, and proud of my accomplishments."

"Work hugs use to be non-existent, now they are plentiful. Hugs make me a happier person. There is just something about a hug that makes people happy. I don't know what it is, but there are fewer things better than being happy at work. It makes for a happy life as well."

"Good answer Jeni. I can relate to that. Thank you," Helen said.

"Jeni, have you learned anything else from Brad or Kristi?" Larry asks.

"Absolutely. They have been teaching me little things ever since I joined Team Brad, but I did not focus on them at first, so I missed almost all of them. Now, I'm more aware they're doing it so I look for them."

"What little lessons are you speaking of?"

"Little lessons to either improve myself or my job performance."

"Would you give us an example of one please?"

"Don't answer that Jeni," Brad said, jumping into the conversation. "I don't want us going down that road. Let's stay focused on the training please."

"I'm sorry Jeni. I'm sorry Brad. You're right. It is not my intention to pry, but that seems to be exactly what I'm doing, for some reason," Larry replies.

"Brad, why did you do that for Jeni?" Sandi asks.

"Tell her about our plan for her lesson or the hug?"

"Neither, why did you teach her the lesson."

"You should address that question to Kristi," Brad said.

"Okay, Kristi would you please respond?"

"I need to get Jeni's permission to talk about her personal stuff. Jeni?"

Sandi asks, "Why are you asking for her permission?"

"Because I respect her Sandi. She may not want to be the center of attention. The only way I find out these things is by asking," Kristi explains.

"Thank you for that Kristi. I never thought of it that way."

"It's okay Kristi, you have it," Jeni replies.

Kristi continues, "Thanks Jeni," she said and directs her attention to Sandi. "Sure Sandi. Our bottom line is because Jeni is worth fighting for. I was concerned that people take advantage of her because she is such a great person and great employee. Brad, Stacy and Peggy also agree. We know she is a hard worker and is very good at her job."

"We evaluate people based on performance and attitude, something that Brad has educated us on. Jeni excels at her job and she has a great attitude. Because of that, we want her to continue her service with us. We also want her to be happy so she continues her great performance and attitude. We knew this before we offered her the contract."

MDSW
MDSW
518 Followers