Satisfied With Love Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"She is a rare employee, but people do take advantage of her, like Danny did when he hired her. He severely under paid this little bundle of talent and she deserves better. When I found out she was taken advantage of, I began to fight with the owners, on her behalf, for a better contract."

"That's when I asked Brad if he would help me help Jeni with her problem. He told me I didn't need to ask. He already volunteered."

"We planned the event as best we could and executed. It came off perfectly, well almost perfectly, and now we have this super bundle of talent as a trusted employee. We will fight for her anytime and she knows it."

"She means so much to us as an employee and friend it's boundless. She will be very difficult to replace, should that time ever come. Craig, Stacy and Peggy were witnesses to the lesson and they agreed it was worth doing."

"Kristi, would you tell me what the almost perfectly means?" Jeni asks.

"I'm glad you're sitting down Jeni. What we did not anticipate was your reaction when Brad asked you to stand up, after you ripped up the first contract. We thought you would stand up, but instead, you turned to leave and pack your possessions. However, Brad improvised quickly. We couldn't allow you leave until you read the actual contract we had prepared for you. The first one was, in reality, a phoney."

Kristi put an arm on Jeni's shoulders and looks back at Sandi.

"Do you think it was worth doing Sandi?" Kristi asks.

"Now that I hear your side, I will agree it was worth doing," Sandi responds.

"Have you ever done something like that for anyone?" Kristi asks.

"Not in a professional environment, but I did for a member of my family," Sandi replies.

"Would you do it again?"

"Absolutely."

"What is the difference between what we did and what you did?" Kristi asks.

She thought for a moment before responding.

"I get it Kristi. I see your point. You have a family here and you have a professional work environment too, so to you, there is no difference between the scenarios. It's just difficult for me to wrap my head around and I need to think about this."

"What makes this so difficult?"

She pauses again.

"Honestly, I don't have an answer for that either."

"Could it be you have been brain-washed to think that way?" Kristi asks.

Again, Sandi pauses to think.

"I suppose it's possible, and I'm questioning that myself. You, Brad and Jeni have raised some serious issues with my professional philosophy. You have asked questions today that no-one has ever asked of me. It's a challenge I was not expecting, but one I need to confront, whether I want to or not," Sandi said.

Sandi is wondering if what she has learned and practiced in her professional career is right or wrong.

"Sandi, are you having issues with your philosophy right now? I know it is kind of tough to face," Kristi asks.

"Not that I want to admit to, but, sorta... Yes, I am... My biggest problem is I can't defend the philosophy I have supported for so many years. I guess I did what everybody else did and just accepted it as the law."

"Don't beat yourself up over this Sandi. Everyone on this team went through a similar transformation, including me, so you're in good company," Kristi said.

"Jeni, I have to ask. If I gave you a hug instead of Brad and Kristi a while ago, would it have the same impact on you?" Larry asks.

"I'm sorry to say my honest answer is not completely, but similar. I would have appreciated your effort and I would have hugged you as well. And I would have felt better. But, you have not done the things for me that Brad and Kristi have and I don't feel as closely connected to you as I do to them. Because of that, it means more to me, personally, for Brad and Kristi to hug me."

Larry looks at Brad so Kristi and Jeni looks at him also. Brad, to break the intensity of the moment, sticks his tongue out at Larry.

Larry and his team burst out laughing hysterically and Team Brad joins in a heart beat later. It tickles Larry so much it takes several minutes for him to regain his composure. Larry is shaking his head at the humor, yet again.

"I seriously do not understand how you people get anything done here," Larry said, laughing and shaking his head.

Moments later, becoming able to speak coherently again, "Performance and attitude. I like that, Kristi. It gets it down to the core of being a great employee. Thank you both for being so honest," Larry says.

"Performance and attitude are Brad's standards Larry. I have adopted them as well and the team knows how they will be evaluated."

"Not surprising, Kristi... I know Brad has learned from you, but have you learned anything from him since he arrived on the Island?" Sandi asks.

"Yes! Hell yes. I sure have," Kristi replies. "First is the importance of a team. I never had a team before. I was just an unofficial boss. However, I like the team concept much better. Being a boss makes one feel like you have some kind of power over employees. I never felt comfortable with that, but I did the job anyway, just like all of you."

"Second is the power of hugs and hi-fives. Never before have I had a more powerful tool to liberate employees from the everyday grind of work."

"Third, he taught me about the two factors he uses to evaluate employees, which are performance and attitude, as I just mentioned."

"Those three things are very important to know as a leader, since you are asking me. He also encourages me to let a bit more of myself out. I use to be all professional, kinda like a robot. I've learned to loosen up and let a little bit more of me shine through and I'm sure Brad and Jeni will agree with that."

They did and each gives her a hi-five.

"Thanks Kristi. Brad, is there a limit on what you are willing to do to make your employees happy?" Sandi asks.

"Good question. There always has to be limits Sandi. Let me say that so far, I haven't complained about anything we've done for the team as a whole or for any member. I do have a line I won't cross but that will remain with me. Our best reward so far is the lesson we did for Jeni. It has paid dividends, not only from Jeni, but also from the rest of the team because they observed her change. I respect every member of the staff and they have a home here. We are family. It's fun. It's challenging. It's hard work. It's exciting and it's time I took a shit. Excuse me please," he said as he tries to leave his chair.

Everyone burst out laughing hysterically as Brad tries to leave to do his do diligence. Kristi starts to go with him but he hold her in her seat. She does not want him leaving by himself and gives him the look, then a pouty face.

"I'll be okay," he said to her in a low voice.

Larry, Sandi and Helen all took notice. Then Kristi releases him and half smiles as he departs.

Jeni said, "See what I mean? He does these kinds of things all the time. He makes us laugh in so many ways. I guess that is just another reason why he is such a great leader."

"I do see your point Jeni," Larry said, laughing.

Kristi collects herself, she finds she is still worried about Brad going off by himself.

She asks, "Larry, have you and Helen worked on your relationship since we left?"

"Yes we have. It's a work in progress and I think she feels better about it. She appears to be happier working in the office and hasn't complained about anything, yet, so I think we are okay. Helen, what are your thoughts?" Larry asks.

"It's coming along. It's not normal for me to be as open as your team is at work, but like Larry said, it is a work in progress. It will be a big challenge for all three of us."

"It normally starts like that. When people feel more comfortable with you, they are more likely to share more of themseves."

"The more you open up, you will notice that it feels more like a family than a job. Just keep talking to each other and the barriers will come down sooner or later," Kristi said.

Brad returns to his seat beside Kristi and she reclaims his hand under the table, again, and briefly leans on his shoulder.

"What did I miss?" he asks.

"That's our secret," Kristi said.

"Are you being mean to me... again?"

"Yup."

"Women," he said shaking his head, then gives her a peck on her lips.

The group smiles at their exchange.

"Okayyy. At least you admit it... What's next?" Brad asks.

Kristi's phone buzzes so she looks at the time.

The sudden realization that time flies when you are having fun results in Kristi making an announcement. She is feeling a little better now, but still is keeping Brad close to her and Brad loves her for doing it. He likes her possessive attitude.

********

"Oh, lunch!" Kristi says. "Then, the six of us will talk more. Then, it's dinner time. After dinner, you will be able to address the Packard team at the team meeting. This relationship training is fairly new to Stacy and Peggy and their mini teams may not be as far advanced as Team Brad so you might be able to get another perspective talking with them."

"We call this meeting a team meeting because we all participate and talk about anything and everything, so word to the wise, expect the unexpected. They also may be hesitant because of the new additions so don't be surprised at that either. I also ask that you not talk shop at lunch, please. Chow time is a stress free zone. We leave work in the office. So, let's go to lunch with the team!" Kristi said as they get up and head to lunch.

Jeni gets Brad and Kristi away from the guests and said, "I'm sorry I screwed up in the meeting. I stuck my foot in my mouth because I was concentrating on what happened to me and not thinking ahead about what I was saying. Did I tell them too much about my story?"

Kristi smiles and replies, "You did great Jeni. I'm very proud of your performance today."

Brad smiles and says, "You did excellent Jeni. I'm also very proud of you. You pulled a mistake out of your ass and created a beautiful story that was factual, emotional and meaningful. I was so jealous. I'm satisfied I let you tell your story after all. It was worth doing."

Jeni tears up. They gave her a tight group hug. Jeni is satisfied that she covered her ass well, and smiles. Both Larry and Sandi notice the Team Brad hug and took notice as Jeni moves on to lunch.

Kristi has some wetness in her eyes and said to Brad, "I love you so much. I don't know why it took me so long to allow myself to fall in love with you. You are so honest with all of us and it makes us all so happy... And, I still want to fuck your brains out!"

Brad smiles, gives her a passionate kiss, then they proceed to lunch, still smiling.

At lunch, the team treats the guests like family, which surprises them. After they finish lunch, the six of them return to the business suite and press on with the training curriculum.

"Brad, did Kristi inform you what transpired while you were indisposed?" Larry asks, wondering if she did.

"Of course she did Larry. She knows I would throw her in the pool if she didn't."

Everyone burst out laughing again.

Recovering, Brad continues, "Sandi, I would like to return to your thoughts about our team hug a bit ago. Would you mind answering some questions relating to that?"

"Sure, I can do that."

"Do you think Jeni felt good about herself after she shared that personal story to total strangers?"

"Absolutely not," Sandi said, shaking her head.

"Do you think she felt bad because I told her I would support her?"

"No. Of course not."

"Do you think she felt bad because I gave her a hug."

"It didn't look it."

"That's not what I asked Sandi."

"Okay, sorry. No, I don't think the hug made her feel bad."

"Do you think she felt bad because Kristi gave her a hug."

"No. Of course not."

"When we broke the hug, did she seem happier to you?"

"She did."

"If that were you telling that story, would you feel better if it was you that got the hug?"

Sandi pauses for a moment before answering and releases a deep breath. Her face is blushed.

"I'm surprised to say, I believe I would, Brad."

"Who is the looser in this scenario?"

She thought for a second, looks a little perplexed as she ponders the question, and finally responds, "Nobody that I can see."

"She feels happy because we gave her a hug. We feel happy because she is happy. It's a win-win situation," he said.

"I see your point Brad," Sandi said. "It's just not normal to me, but I'm beginning to appreciate your philosophy."

"It wasn't normal for us either. We struggled like you are now. But we survived."

"Jeni, has any of your leaders ever handed out any discipline on your behalf?" Helen asks.

"Not on my behalf, Helen. Being part of a team, if something goes wrong, the team pitches in, analyzes the failure and fixes it. We assume nothing. If the cause is a person, that person fixes the mistake and we move on. If that person needs training, we train until that person is comfortable enough not to make the same mistake again. We are getting pretty good at it too. So no, discipline has not yet been needed on my behalf. And, as far as I'm concerned, it will never get to that point. I love my home too much to let it get that far out of hand."

"We take our jobs seriously and do it to the best of our ability. We are professionals, like Brad. Everyone here is very good at what they do. If one person fails, the team fails and we proceed to fix the root cause so it doesn't happen again. Just don't forget that sometimes, shit happens."

"Regarding discipline Brad did hand out, the first one was the previous Island Manager was accused of blackmailing an employee for sexual favors the day we left to visit you Larry. The second one was after we returned to the Island from the that same trip, one of the assistants did not contribute to the team's effort," Jeni answers.

"What was the punishment?" Helen asks.

"Brad fired both of them and they were escorted off the Island and given a free plane ride back home. The only other discipline he handed out, to date, you are very well aware of."

"That is decisive discipline alright," Larry said.

Helen asks, "Do you have fun with your leaders?"

"No."

Instantly, Brad and Kristi's expression changes and he said, "Deebbbiiii, that's hardly fair. We go..."

Jeni looks at them with a smile.

"Oh crap. I can't believe I fell for that one. You got me. Payback will be devious, and likely fun," Brad said as he lowers his head, shaking it and smiling.

Kristi fell into the same trap and had the same response.

They all laugh.

Jeni said, "I don't get one over on them very often, but when I do, it's usually gets a good laugh."

"To answer your question, Helen, all the time. Brad is so funny I can't help but laugh with him, sometimes at him. To break the stress of work, sometimes he'll give me a slight shove when I least expect it. I tell him if he keeps it up, I'll throw him in the pool."

"Speaking of that, one time when he did shove me, I completely ignored him. When he least expected, I shoved him back. Not wanting to let me get away with that, he picked me up and threatened to throw me in the pool and started walking in that direction, but Kristi came to my rescue."

"She grabbed my feet and they started pulling me in the opposite directions. I started laughing so hard it was not funny. I could barely breathe. They stopped tugging on me and laid me on the sofa. After I recovered from laughing, I gave them both a hug. It was so funny."

They laugh with Jeni.

"Threatening people with the pool is something Brad began not long after he arrived on the Island, but it's all in fun. Now, it is little more than a joke. But he did throw his sister in the pool once because she called him boss, not once, but twice. We were in a meeting at the time and it went to crap quickly. He jumped in right after he threw her in."

"It was so much fun, even for his sister. After they got out of the pool, he asked 'who's next?' and everyone scattered in a heart beat. Brad laughed his ass off and so did Stacy. We all did actually. Later, Stacy admitted she set him up to do that and Kristi helped her. Nobody thought Brad would actually throw his sister in the pool. It was pretty funny and Brad described it as a good stress reliever. We all laughed our butts off. It was fun."

Brad leans toward Kristi and said, "Hmmmm. I forgot about that. I still owe you for that one."

She looks at him and smiles. They all giggle.

"They are willing to do most anything to make life on the Island as pleasant as possible," Jeni continues, smiling. "He has such a great sense of humor. So does Kristi, but she has not fully gotten to the point where she is loose enough to release it yet so we're still working on her. We also do what we can to keep the stress level to a minimum."

"One thing that helps us do that is the team meeting after dinner. We get together and talk about anything and everything. Some of these discussions have been really funny."

"Another thing Brad did was change the dress code. He added comfort clothes to the list which we can wear when we have no guests here on the Island. Before he made the change, we had to wear business attire almost all the time. We also have a shopping trip to the states planned for next week so that's another stress reliever. Brad does the best he can to break up the day by making us laugh, somehow. He's quite good at it. Sometimes, we make him laugh so it is always fun on the Island. Not every second, but it's plenty. We still must get the work done, however."

"I'd also like to point out that Brad's sisters are very involved in this company and they are fun as well, taking after Brad. All of the assistants are very proud of the owners and we tell them so. They like to hear the good things as well as the rest of the team. It's not lonely at the top here. It's a two way street. We, meaning their staff, have no problem telling them how proud we are of them, because we are," Jeni explains.

"That is also unusual. Thank you Jeni," Helen said.

Kristi broke in and said, "Okay, let's take a 20 minute break."

They did and Kristi clung to her man as she has done all week long. She is so in love with Brad she can't believe her luck. She hugs him the whole length of the break. She can feel his strength returning as the training continues.

Returning from the break, Sandi continues, asking, "How important is a team to your job, Jeni?"

"To me, to us, it is everything. When Brad was asked to be the leader of the company, unofficially, he made it clear he would not accept the assignment unless the team worked with him. It's kinda an unwritten law. Everyone still has to do the job we do, including the owners, and we have done it with no problems. We work like nothing has changed. Brad is really good at what he does and he discusses his ideas with the team. He wants to know what all of us think about them. The team discusses it openly and Brad makes the final decision. He is also open to ideas from anybody on the team as well. He is a natural born leader. Not only does he make me feel good, he makes the whole team feel good, including his sisters," Jeni said.

"Jeni, do you have a problem with more than one leader giving you work?" Larry asks, wondering about the organized functionality.

"It has not been a problem so I will say no to that. I have four leaders currently, the three owners and Kristi. Kristi is the leader of all assistants, working for the owners, but reporting to Brad. I work for Brad and Kristi directly, but I also work wherever I am needed. All of us do actually. Normally, I only get work from either Brad or Kristi and mostly Brad because Kristi is always on the phone, it seems, and the other teams take care of themselves. On the rare occasion I have to work with another team, it happens mostly because we have to plan something very quickly."