Satisfied With Love Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thanks Jeni... Brad, I understand you have had a team since you took this job, but how important is a team to you personally," Larry asks.

"A great team is mandatory. No single person can do this job. The volume of work that goes through this office is more than one person can handle. This team excels at it and as far as I'm concerned, I would keep everyone of them, but that's Kristi's decision these days," he says.

"Does your relationship with any team member ever get in the way of performing your job as a leader?" Larry asks.

"Can't say that it has, Larry. However, you should ask the rest that same question."

"Jeni, has there been any problems with Brad and Kristi's relationship and your involvement with Team Brad?" Sandi asks.

"Another thing Brad and Kristi insist on is to talk about anything that bothers us, professional or personal. They spoke of this issue with me shortly after they hired me and it is an unwritten rule I must follow. I know how they feel about each other and I think it brings us closer as a team, but don't tell them I said that."

Brad and Kristi smile.

"I know they respect me and I respect them for the same reasons. We have an unbreakable bond because we have such a great personal relationship. I am happy to work here and I know my place. They give me the freedom to make my own decisions and they talk with me about them if they are concerned about me."

"Sometimes, I swear, they act like my Mom and Dad. When they do that, I just smile and give them a hug. It is rare for a boss to express concern, but my leaders do."

"If they do something that makes me feel left out, I let them know, we talk about it and fix it, if it needs fixing. They are the greatest leaders to have on your team and a rare breed. I am indeed, one of a very lucky few to be here."

"Thank you for being so honest Jeni. From my perspective, it is unusual for an employee to speak so candidly and highly about their feelings for their job and leaders, especially in front of them," Sandi said. "I didn't want to make this trip but Larry insisted I go, and now, I am so glad I did, even though it has seriously challenged me."

"I'm glad you made the trip too Sandy. I also suspect you will find others here that will say something very similar to what I just said about our leaders," Jeni said.

Helen asks, "Kristi, have you any regrets about anything either you or Brad has done for your team?"

"Not a single one, Helen. The rewards continue to come back to us in the form of a happy staff and a happy family. I will not trade that for the world," Kristi replies.

Larry asks, "Jeni, do you feel you can take your attitude to another company and make it work?"

"Good question, Larry. I never considered I would have to do that. This attitude is part of my personality now so it will come out without any extra effort on my part. Whether or not it sticks to others is something I can't speak to."

Kristi asks, "Larry, do you know the reason why you didn't know Chuck was going to say what he said to Brad back then?"

"I think I do, but tell me, I'm not going to venture a guess."

"It's because you did not have a close personal relationship with him," Kristi said. "My guess is you had causal conversations with him about business, but you did not discuss things of a personal nature with him or get close to him on a personal level. This is one reason why a personal relationship is as important as a professional relationship."

"Very true, Kristi. You are right about the relationship I had with Little."

"So, how well do you know your Vice President?" Brad asks.

Larry exchanges glances with Sandi and said, "Not well enough, but we will work on it."

"How long have you been working for Packard Records Sandi?"

"Nine years, Brad."

"What did you start your Packard Records career as?"

"I was the company receptionist."

"And you worked your way to Vice President in nine years! That is incredible! Congratulations! You must be extremely proud of your accomplishments. Has anybody else told you how proud they are of you?" Kristi asks.

Larry jumps in and said, "Not yet, but I am working on that as well."

"Don't wait Larry," Kristi said. "Being a leader means you should be there and do it. Don't let anything stop you or slow you down. Giving people compliments is not only rewarding for them, it is also rewarding for you. You will feel happy when they are happy. The sooner you start making it part of your personality, the easier it will be for you to just spit it out. Same goes to you Sandi. Just do it. Helen, you as well."

Larry said, "I agree Kristi, now that you mention it. When I told Helen how I felt about her working for me back then, I did feel pretty good. Thanks Kristi. I needed that reminder... Jeni, what do you expect from your leaders going forward?"

"Just that they keep doing what they are doing. I remain happy with that alone. Beyond that, I can't say that I would expect anymore from them. They have already exceeded my expectations by a long shot, so I won't trade them for anybody."

Kristi breaks in and announces, "It's time for dinner. Time flies when you're having fun!" she said, so off they went to have dinner with the team.

********

Kristi is all over Brad as they walk to dinner. She stops him and gives him a very tight hug, explaining she needs some lovin' from him. As they proceed to dinner, they hold hands and she leans her head on him. Before they sit down to eat, Jeni walks to Brad and Kristi and gives them a hug with Sandi taking notice. She also saw Kristi give Brad another kiss and hug. A short time later, Anita comes over and also gives Brad and Kristi a hug and spoke to them a bit.

Sandi is skeptical and wonders what road this Packard team is on. She has been challenged and is questioning herself, but she is not sure where this is going.

Dinner is delicious and everyone feels fat afterwards. After a while, they move away from the dinner table and went to sit by the pool for the team meeting.

Anita asks, "Is this the same company that had the VP encounter?"

Larry spoke up and said, "That's the one! But today, we have a new and improved VP."

Brad and Kristi takes note of the compliment he gives his new VP and they can see the positive affect it has on her. Then Craig unexpectedly joins the group.

Kristi introduces Craig Alden as the company attorney. She makes the introductions and they exchange greetings. She also told everyone they are on a first name basis.

Larry asks, "Craig, have you witnessed any changes in this group of employees since the new owners took over?"

"I have, but more as an observer. I don't normally see the behind the scene events, but I did see this one. You cannot miss the difference. It's like night and day. The relationship this team shares is one you will not believe unless you see it first hand. When you think you understand this team, you don't. I am one of a very lucky few to have seen them change," Craig said. "I could not believe it myself. I've never seen it before, either, and will not likely see it again in my lifetime."

"Would you tell us about what transpired at Jeni's contract signing?" Sandi asks.

"Jeni, if I'm going to say anything about it, I want your permission to do so."

"It's okay Craig. They already know quite a bit. I told them the story earlier but left out some details to shorten the explanation time and to remove personal contract content. Thanks for asking."

"Okay... After Brad left to get Jeni and before they returned to the 'interrogation room', Kristi told us a special training was going to take place and asked us not to interfere. That was all we knew because there was no time to get into details before Brad returned with Jeni in tow."

"As the scenario progressed, it was hard not to interfere. Brad laid the stress on Jeni pretty heavy during the first part of the scenario. However, they planned it to perfection. Awesome, is the best description I can use to describe it. It started with humor and progressed to tears to the point where Jeni knew she was going to be fired. Kristi asked her to rip up the contract if she was not happy with it. After deliberating for a long time, Jeni still struggled time after time to rip it up, but finally succeeded."

"She was devastated. All she could do was cry. I felt so bad for her I had tears in my own eyes. Then, they turned the tables and supported her. They explained she had to fight for herself whether she wanted to or not because if she doesn't, people will continue to take advantage of her."

"After more explaining and supporting her, they placed another contract in front of her and she read it between tears. From there, it was all about a happy Jeni. Wow! I have never seen anyone happier than she was at that time... Well, maybe except for Kristi after she got engaged. They are both pretty happy girls to this day. Since then, Jeni has been, and continues to be, a very confident person. How confident is she you ask? Brad told her she was fired a couple days ago, to prove a point, and she didn't even believe him... And here she is."

"Thank you Craig. Stacy, what parts of that would you disagree with?" Larry asks.

Stacy shifts her attention to Jeni.

"Jeni, may I talk about your contract signing as well?"

"Yes Stacy. Thanks for asking."

Looking back at Larry, "Not a single word, Larry. I was also concerned about the amount of pressure Brad laid on her, and I was equally impressed Jeni was able to handle it, whether she knew it or not. She is one strong lady."

"To me, the interview went so well it is hard to believe it was planned and acted out. It was just unbelievable to me. Kristi's plan was executed by perfectionists and it achieved the desired results with Jeni's interest at heart. Team Brad is a special and strong team, the three of them. As a result of that and other things I have observed, I began looking at Brad in a different light."

"Thank you Stacy," Larry said.

Sandi asks, "Rick, what made you change your attitude?"

"First, it was Brad, then Kristi, then Jeni, then Stacy and Peggy, but somehow, it all seemed to happen all at once, like a snowball effect, if that makes any sense. I didn't believe how much Jeni changed. I was amazed."

"At first, I did not realize what Brad was doing. I thought he was just being himself, and he was, but he was also being a leader and that is what I did not realize at the time. I was not sure what was going on, but I could see and feel something good happening, especially after Peggy changed. She began treating me more like a friend than an employee, like somebody with a brain, something I never before experienced from a boss."

They giggle.

Anita said, "Stacy did the same thing for me, basically at the same time."

Rick continues saying, "Brad has always talked about a team ever since he's been here. Now I understand why it is so important to him. There are no individuals in a team. It is a group of people that works together for a common cause. Even the owners pitch in."

"Of course, we manage to get some fun out of it, somehow, but the job gets done as efficiently and as quickly as possible, but that is only part of what makes us a great team."

"Thank you Rick. There is no doubt in my mind that you manage to get some fun out of it," Larry said smirking.

Larry continues, "Anita, will you come work for me?"

"Not a chance, Larry... Sorry. It's not personal. I like working here too much to throw in the towel and leave. This is my home now and I love it here."

"Rick, same question."

"Larry, same answer," he replies smiling as the rest of the group laughs.

"I can't get a single one of you to leave your job. Do you guys know how frustrating that is?" he said and begins laughing.

"You didn't ask me, Larry," Jeni said.

Larry responds by saying, "Jeni, there is no way in hell you would leave this job, not after hearing what you have told us today. It would be a waste of time to even ask you and I completely understand why you feel as you do."

The whole team laughs with Larry, including Jeni.

"But, why? Why won't you leave your job, Rick? Anita?" Helen asks. "Most people will change jobs for a better offer."

Anita jumps in first saying, "Because this is my dream job Helen. Most people spend their whole life looking for a job like this. I... we, are lucky enough to have found it at a young age. Once you find it, and live it, you will refuse to let it go. That is where everybody you see here is at. It's all about relationships and leadership. Our owners are the perfect leaders and I will include Kristi in that mix as well. They are a rare breed of owners. Working for the Packard Empire is not a job to us. It is our reality, our future, our family, our life, our home. Don't expect any of us to leave this job, voluntarily that is."

"Rick, do you have anything to add?"

"Four words Helen. Brad, Stacy, Peggy and Kristi. They are the ones that created this family, and it was started by Brad. It is all about their relationship with their assistants, both personal and professional. They have created an awesome place to work, but it is so much more than that. It just does not feel like a job any more. We are a family, and that is very important to all of us... All else aside, Anita said it all Helen. I feel the same as she does and I'm okay with that," he said.

"Excellent answer. Thank you. Anita, what do you want your leaders to do for you?" Helen asks.

"They have already done so many things for the team that it would take about a day to list them, if I can even remember them all. How many other owners have done this much for their staff? Not many, I think. Probably closer to none. Now, it is time for the team to reverse the table and do some things for the owners. We can support them the same way they support us," Anita says. "I don't know if there is anything else they can do, but they keep surprising us somehow. Usually, when they do, it is noteworthy and when it is noteworthy, it also includes some tears, hugs and some fun."

"How do they keep surprising you?" Helen asks.

"One example is, they are taking all of us to the States next week for our first ever shopping trip. No other company has done that for me, including this one, prior to the current owners. We appreciate everything they do for us so we decided to do something for them a short time ago."

"Jeni came up with the idea to give Brad and Kristi a surprise engagement party here on the Island. Even though it wasn't really a surprise for them, it was for most of the guests. The idea itself was great, but Brad threw a monkey wrench into the plans. Not only did the owners invite their families and Kristi's family, they also invited all the assistants' families as well. To top that, each one of us rode the plane that picked up our families and surprised them so we could spend some quality time together on the trip back to the Island. That was a big surprise to all."

"After getting owner approval of our plan and with Jeni in the controlling position, the team got all the plans figured out, done and confirmed in six hours. The whole weekend was special for us with our families here. Have you ever felt so proud of your leaders that you look forward to introducing them to your family? I am, and I did. It is a feeling I will never forget. I gave Brad, Stacy, Peggy and Kristi the biggest hug I could after my family departed for home," Anita said. "I felt so special and very proud of them."

"Thanks Anita. Has Brad and Kristi's relationship given you any problems dealing with them, the team or the corporation?" Helen asks.

"No problems Helen. Their personal relationship is embedded into this corporation. We expect them to be affectionate, but it does not interfere with day to day operations. They display their love for each other occasionally, inconsistently and control their displays of affection, but they do hold hands just about everywhere they go. Their antics have gotten funny at times, but nothing bad. Sometimes, they are a comedy team. If they don't show affection for one another, I start wondering why, but that has not happened and I don't believe it will. We can tell they are in love and it just makes us happier for them. I dare say it has brought us closer as a team."

"Thanks, Anita," Helen said.

"Sandi asks, "Peggy, do you feel you have accomplished what you want here?"

"I may not be the right person to ask that question to, but I am pleased that Brad has accomplished it. His plan changed me along with everyone else and I adopted it as my own. It has worked very well and I'm very pleased. There have been more rewards that I can count. It's just amazing what happy people are willing to do to get the job done. I even want to help the staff get the work done. They inspire me as well."

"Thank you Peggy."

Larry asks, "Stacy, what is your job as an owner now that Brad has taken the lead?"

"Same as it was before he took the lead. Nothing has changed in that regard. Peggy and I talked between us about giving him a promotion and we expected to make it legal. Brad would have nothing of it. He made a decision and stuck to it, but he did take the job. He made it clear to all of us if he took the lead, we all had to continue doing what we have always done, because we are a team. He even made us vote on his new role before he would accept it. The team had to remain and do its job because it's that important to him. We, as a group, want Brad to take the lead because he excels at it. It's a natural talent he has. It's also important to Peggy, myself and the rest of the team going forward."

"Thank you Stacy," Larry said.

Helen asks, "Jeni, do you feel like you fit into this company?"

"Before the new owners arrived, we, meaning the assistants, did not feel like we were part of this company. We were employees hired to do a job, plain and simple. That's all we were. The owners and Kristi treat us as equals. That alone made us feel pretty damn special. We are not as smart as the owners are, but we do contribute to this company in many unseen ways, most of which you will never see or hear about. This team is important to them, which makes it important to us. We help them process lots of work that keeps this empire operating. I don't believe the owners can do it without us, and they are the first to admit it. So yes, I definitely fit in and I'm happy to be here," Jeni said.

Helen said, "Thank you for that Jeni... I'm asking all assistants, does your job ever get in the way of the team?"

"Not as a general rule," Kristi said as others shook their heads. "I can't recall any case where that has happened, yet. Anybody else want to answer?"

They all agree with Kristi.

"Does Brad's relationship with any team member ever get in the way of them performing their job?" Larry asks.

Kristi said, "I have not noticed that either. Anybody else?"

Rick said, "Not that I've seen."

Stacy spoke, "As far as I can remember, it has not stopped or slowed any of us, unless..." she said as her voice trailed off and looks down.

"Unless what?" Sandi asks, perking up, thinking she caught Stacy in a slip of the tongue.

"Well, unless he throws one or more of us in the pool."

They all laugh hysterically and it takes a bit of time to recover from that one. Brad gives his sister a hi-five. Peggy did the same.

"I really love the way your team uses the pool as a joke," Larry said, recovering from his laughter. "I understood before but it has insider meaning now. It is a lot of fun and a very unique part of this team."

Brad smiles at his response. As the laughter subsides, they notice how quiet and peaceful it is on the Island.

"Anita, does Brad and Kristi's relationship get in the way of the team or your work?" Larry asks.

Anita said, "No, it doesn't. In fact, we kind of enjoy their relationship. I would miss it if they quit doing it. To give you an example, we were in a meeting when Brad announced they were going to give their love a chance. Kristi gave him a big hug as a result. Brad looked at her and told her she could not give him a hug in front of the team, that it was unprofessional. She let him go, but as soon as he looked away, she hugged him again. Then he asked us to excuse them so he could deal with this problem, pointing at Kristi. They hugged each other and minutes later, announced they will be changing the professional rules as well. It was funny, bordering on hilarious. Everybody got up and gave them a hug. So, no. Final answer."