Satisfied With Love Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you Anita," Larry said.

"Kristi, first of all, I would like to congratulate you on your recent promotion. My question is this, nothing personal intended, but were you given this promotion because of your relationship with Brad?" Larry asks.

Brad smiles, tilts his head down and shakes it. Everybody smiles and shakes their heads as Stacy interrupts.

"Not even close, Larry. Most of us here thought that very thing when we first heard of her promotion. But, Kristi was given this job because of her performance and attitude, and she has the necessary skills the job. She has already exceled at it as well. She has proven to all of us she can handle it, and more. She has also proven she is a true professional. She is really knowledgeable and efficient at what she does for this team. Her knowledge of the Packard Empire business is incredibly detailed. We want her to continue doing her job with or without her personal relationship with Brad. But, we prefer she keeps him," she said as everyone agrees with her.

"Thank you Stacy and I see everyone agreeing with you," Larry said.

"Guys, do you mind if I give my own response please?" she said smiling.

The Packard team gets up and gang-hugs her in a heart beat, leaving her feeling pretty damn special. Then they return to their seats.

Rick asks, "Larry, do you enjoy your job as CEO of Packard Records?"

"You're the first person to ask me that question Rick... At first I did not because I was the new kid on the block and didn't know anybody. The VP was overbearing and the employees hated him. I walked into a lion's den of abuse of the employees by the VP. I was getting close to firing him, but he finally made the mistake that cost him his job and even I was happy about that, but I didn't tell anyone. I spent the two weeks after his dismissal hiring a VP and putting out fires Chuckie caused before he left. Now that he is gone, I'm beginning to get more comfortable and I am enjoying the job more. The employees are feeling much better as well."

"Also, let me say the training this team is providing is worth its weight in gold. I can't begin to tell you how much I actually know, but did not realize. It was just sitting in the back of my brain in a dormant state. This training woke it up."

"The ability of this team to be honest and frank about the relationship you share with one another is absolutely incredible. I find it unique and refreshing."

"Another thing that amazes me is the personal commitment all of you have for each other. I have been in upper management for over ten years and this is the only company I ever visited that actually respects their leaders, instead of showing respect, to the level all of you do. That alone is worth the price of admission, Kristi."

"Thank you Larry. Accolades are greatly appreciated but we don't give out brownie points. It gives the owners big heads, but not the staff, of course," Kristi said and laughs.

Everyone laughs with Kristi as Brad gives her a hi-five.

"Peggy, what vision do you have for this company?" Sandi asks.

"Wow. Good question Sandi... When I first joined this company I literally had no vision for the future at all. But today, things are different. In the long run, I see success, despite of our age. Brad explained how the VP thought we were to stupid to run a company this size because we are kids, but we will prove him wrong. I look at it as a challenge. This is only the beginning of the new Packard Empire and you ain't seen nuttin' yet. So buckle your seat belt and hold on to your hat because the new Packard Empire will be moving into the future at a location near you very soon."

"Very well put, Peggy," Sandi said.

To be continued... Stay tuned to 'Satisfied With Love Ch. 14'.