Sausage and The Law Ch. 03

Story Info
War of the presidencies; will Paulina run for D.A.?
14.9k words
4.78
2.8k
3

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 11/06/2023
Created 10/26/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is part of an ongoing series. The chronological order of my stories is listed in WifeWatchman's biography.

Feedback and constructive criticism is very much appreciated, and I encourage feedback for ideas.

This story contains graphic scenes, language and actions that might be extremely offensive to some people. These scenes, words and actions are used only for the literary purposes of this story. The author does not condone murder, racism, racial language, violence, rape or violence against women, and any depictions of any of these in this story should not be construed as acceptance of the above.

There may or may not be discussion of political issues in my stories. If you are a Snowflake that feels you need to be protected from any mention of politics, then click the Back button now, and never attempt to read any of my stories ever again. You've been warned.

***

Part 14 - Starting Off Right

Tuesday, February 1st. It was Promotions and Medals Day, and all the Police Officers wore their formal uniforms with medals. This day was one of the two 'big' ones, along with August 1st.

The Council had passed the new Public Safety Structure, including for the Public Health Office. They'd gone ahead and put the HAZMAT Team into the EMS Service, effective today, February 1st. Because those changes outwardly affected only the people of the highest ranks. Chief Moynahan, Cindy and I just came to work with our additional stars on our uniforms, since we really weren't being promoted per se.

But our I.A. Chief Abram was being promoted by the changes, so we announced it as such and pinned his stars on his shoulders. We swore in six new Uniformed Officers and re-swore in Yolanda Grissom. Her Supervisor bars were also formally attached to her shoulders by Captain Claire Michaels and SBI Lieutenant Lorena Rose. There were a good number of pay-grade promotions.

We had made Phil Goodwright an offer he could refuse, but wisely didn't: if he transferred to Vice as Detective George Newman's partner, we'd promote him to Detective-1. Lieutenant Joanne Warner was nonplussed that we took away her only 'Team Joanne' member.

Claire Michaels and I had told Joanne that eventually two Detectives from Vice would come to MCD and be assigned to her team. In the meantime, Joanne would be getting ahead by working with Paulina to get warrants and to make sure our legal cases were tidy and tight, including prepping the Detectives for testifying at trials... and possibly for some extra duties that would be greatly beneficial to her future.

A number of Achievement Medals and Certificates of Achievement were awarded to Detectives and Officers that had helped with the wrap-up of the Toyota Gang cases and the violence during the Council Meetings (Author's note: 'No Show'), as well as other situations over the course of the Holidays and January. Teresa already had her Lifesaving Medal, but was forced to endure the applause of the Police Force as the citation that went with the award was given to her. Yes, you and she can thank Your Iron Crowbar for doing that...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*Whirrrrrrrrrrr*

I'd no sooner seated myself in my comfortable 'Command Chair' behind my desk in my office with my Airborne School coffee mug full of coffee perfectly seasoned with 'pollutants', when Deputy Chief Tanya P. Muscone drove into my office at a high rate of speed and stopped right on the dime glued to the floor in front of my desk.

"Congratulations on your second star, sir." she said with a twinkle in her eyes, since it was formalized that I outranked her.

"You know you don't have to call me 'sir' like that." I replied with a smile acknowledging her sentiments. "So whassup?"

Tanya said "Teddy Parker and Janice Holloway have requested February 14th and 15th as vacation days, and have notified us that they will not be available on the 12th and 13th, because they're going to Las Vegas... Nevada, not New Mexico. I've approved Janice's, but ultimately you have to approve Teddy's." She placed documents on my desk.

"That should be no problem." I said as I signed the papers for Teddy's vacation. "Romantic weekend, eh? I'd rather they use the time to plan their wedding. They're being as slow about it as you and Jack were."

Tanya laughed, then said "Speaking of romance, how are things between Paulina and Michael McGill? We've seen them a lot at restaurants and the Civic Center for theater plays the last several weekends. And there are lights in their eyes."

I said "I haven't talked to Paulina much about it, but I can surmise they're doing well. Tasha has stayed with us every weekend, like she normally does, but Paulina hasn't. Sooooo, astute husbands of sex psychiatrists like my wife are speculating she's with him during those weekends, and she sure seems to be happier during the weekdays."

Tanya grinned again, then said "Well, maybe Michael is that good in bed. Or maybe it's because Paulina doesn't have to see Savannah Fineman every day."

I replied "That sure makes -my- days better--- oh, come on in!" I said that last bit to my Lieutenants Milton. Mary and Myron had changed from formal jackets with medals to semi-formal with ribbons, and were standing in the anteroom. They came on inside.

"Sir," Mary said, "we've just been called. Federal Judge K.M. Landis is going to rule on my lawsuit against the Union, and we need to go down to Lexington."

"Then why are you standing here in my office?" I said whimsically with a smile. "Scoot, people! Get down there!" The Miltons hastily exited...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And it was Paulina Patterson herself that came to my office at 2:00pm and said "Good news! Federal Judge K.M. Landis just shot down the Union's grievance. His ruling stated that the Union could normally file a grievance even if it wasn't requested by the Officer involved, but when she explicitly told them she was opposed to it, and since the facts did not match the Union's assertions that she was ordered in to work and that she did work, he ruled for her and basically denied the grievance, almost like a directed verdict of acquittal."

Paulina: "More importantly, he said that neither the National Labor Relations Board nor the U.S. DOJ Civil Rights Division had any business trying to put their beaks into it, especially since the TCPD flat-out rejected binding Federal arbitration."

"That's a huge win, then." I said happily. "Will the Union appeal it?"

Paulina replied "I'm not sure, especially since Kalsu and Patrick have really been ginning up the decertification issue again. The greatest problem is that Federal Judge Ruth B. Taney in Midtown may herself make a ruling contrary to Landis's. She's asserting that Union issues should be in her Courtroom, not his, which has been the general precedent in the past. And she'll use that to help the Union appeal to the Court of Appeals, or make that appeal herself. Pure partisan politics."

"Well," I said, "we have the initial ruling on our side. And as the football replays say, they have to have 'clear video evidence' to overturn it. I think we're very close to running out the clock on that..."

Part 15 - Progress

"This is Bettina Wurtzburg, KXTC Channel Two News!" shouted the redheaded MILF reporterette at 7:00am, Wednesday, February 16th, from the roof of the building at Riverside and College, with City Hall in her background. "Two major bills pass through the State Legislature!"

After the hard-charging intro music, Bettina began: "But first, let's get you up to date on local races. Channel Two News has learned that attorney Alvin Whitner has entered the race for Solicitor as a Democrat, primarying Dennis Garland!" A photo of Whitner was shown. He was a portly, heavyset black man, with a hint of a grin that made viewers feel like he was pulling a con on them.

Bettina: "Mr. Whitner is funded by the political action committee of billionaire George Schwartz, and says he will be running on a campaign of Racial Justice and the elimination of cash bail. Currently, no Republican has announced their candidacy for the Solicitor position, as incumbent Ted Mason is primarying District Attorney Miriam Walters for her office."

Bettina: "And Assemblywoman Cori Bowman has announced her intention to primary Edna Carter for the Democratic nomination for School Board Chairman. Mrs. Carter is an ally of the Reverend Doctor Joseph E. Williams of the A.M.E. Church, and they served on the Charter Commission together. Cori Bowman is an ally of Eldrick X. Weaver, who is running for the Town & County Council seat of Edgar Silas, who is running for Sheriff as a Democrat."

Bettina: "And KXTC Channel Two News is putting together a series of debates over the next few weeks. Town Assemblyman Ryan Paulson, former Senior Deputy Sheriff Louis Bailey, and Solicitor Ted Mason have challenged Mayor Daniel Allgood, Sheriff Antonio Griswold, and D.A. Miriam Walters to a three-on-three debate. And now let's go to highly respected political reporter Carl Lemay for more on the State Legislature in Midtown. Carl!"

"That's right, Bettina!" shouted the Reporter of Color as he stood on the grounds of the State Capitol. "In a stunning display of bipartisanship and urgency, the State Legislature has passed two important bills, which the Governor is expected to sign today."

Lemay: "First is the combined bill separating University Hospital from the University, and creating a wholly new State Medical College, which will also be in the Town & County, the first completely new college in the State in a century! Governor Marshall has said that she will announce the new Medical School's first President at the signing ceremony in the next few days."

Lemay: "That bill also has outlawed the requirement that the so-called 'loyalty documents' be signed as a condition of employment or retention for any University or State job. However, the funding for the items in the bill include the Biology & Climate Justice School, as well as a curriculum for a Minor in Climate Justice within the University's Department of Political Science, which is headed by Dr. Lionel Carmela."

Lemay: "The other bill that passed creates a Commission to rewrite the State Constitution, which will be voted upon by the People during the November Elections. Channel Two News has learned that this Commission will have several members of both Parties on it, but they are officially an 'Advisory Board', and that the Commission Chairman will have the sole responsibility of writing it and presenting it to the Governor not earlier than July 1st and not later than October 1st. Governor Marshall is expected to name the Chairman at the bill signing ceremony..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Wowwww." said Deputy Chief Tanya P. Muscone as she, Command Deputy Sheriff Cindy Ross, Lieutenant Commander Teresa Croyle, Sheriff Antonio Griswold, Commander Donald Troy (me), Assistant District Attorney Paulina Patterson, and Chief Sean Moynahan drank coffee and watched the Bettina broadcast in the Chief's Conference Room. "They passed the Hospital bill?"

"They sure did." Sheriff Griswold replied. "With surprisingly large bipartisan support in both Houses."

Teresa said "Todd told me that while most Democrats support Climate Change, they all knew that the 'loyalty documents' issue was just killing the School and was about to hurt the Hospital. And the optics of hurting my sick Kids is the kind of thing that was about to hurt their election chances to take over either the State House or the State Senate."

"That, and the Legislators want no part of the Wrath of the Iron Wolf." I said as casually as I possibly could.

"Nor the Wrath of the Iron Crowbar." Teresa immediately replied.

Tanya said "Would that really have hurt the Democrats?"

I said "Yes. As you know, the Democrats are no longer the Party of Labor and the Working Man, and are now the Party of White Liberal Elites. They tend to drop an issue like a hot potatoe (sic on purpose) if it starts hurting them, like if and when they get blamed for a Government shutdown at the national level. That 'loyalty documents' issue was something they didn't want to dig in and fight for. In a way, the Republicans just saved the Democrats's donkeys, i.e. asses, on that one. It likely was going to be found to be illegal and unConstitutional, anyway."

Cindy asked "How did Dr. Moore and that one-eyed bastard Carmela take the news?"

Teresa said "Todd was told that Moore was bitterly pissed, especially at the separation of the Hospital and the Medical College from the University. He also stands to lose a few buildings on University property to the State Medical College, and he's vowed to fight that to the last ditch."

Me: "I was told that Carmela was more pissed about the outlawing of the 'loyalty documents', but he's also rolling with it. He's probably thinking of the next thing he's going to do to fuck with us."

"And that might be coming sooooon." drawled Chief Moynahan. "I'm no politician like the Sheriff, but I know that the Democrats don't agree to any-thinnnnng that would help the Republicans, unless they get something, and something big, in re-turrrrrrrn."

Tanya said "They -did- get the Climate Change Center funded. It'll be there forever now."

"True." I said. "And that's what the Governor had to give up in order to get the State Medical School and the Hospital. But the new Medical School is the kind of thing that will be a legacy for her long after she's left politics and departed this earth, so it was worth it to her."

"Good." said Teresa. "We can rename the Hospital after her."

"Not gonna happen." I said. "We're going to name the Hospital after you."

"Not while I'm alive, you're not." Teresa 'warned'.

"You better stay alive, then, and not get any more Purple Orders, either." I 'warned' back. Cindy and Tanya were suppressing laughter at our repartee.

"What about the local races?" asked Cindy. "Why is Cori Bowman giving up her Assembly seat to primary Edna Carter?"

I said "Probably because Edna Carter is not nearly radical enough for the Democrats's liking, especially for what they want to do to fundamentally transform our Public Schools into Centers of Leftwing Indoctrination. Cori Bowman is aligned with the racist Haters like Eldrick X. Weaver, while Edna is more aligned with the much more moderate Joseph E. Williams faction."

"It's more like Edna Carter is part of the Don Troy faction." growled Sheriff Griswold. "And you're right, Crowbar. Edna actually wants to do good for our schoolchildren, especially 'under-served' Black children. It's really bad in The City and hellholes like Wilmington, Delaware, where 75% of Black children in the 8th grade cannot read at a 1st grade level. And that's what Cori Bowman and the far-Left Democrats want... Minorities trapped on the 'Democrat Plantation'."

Tanya asked. "Who is this Alvin Whitner guy that's running for Solicitor?"

Paulina said "He's an attorney with political connections to Black Democrats. He's worked for now-Lieutenant-Governor Corey Coons, State Rep Elijah McKinney, and it's rumored he advised and mentored State Rep Tasheeka Harris. He's lived in this County for the last six months, and he's had two cases where he defended Black suspects in drug cases, but lost both."

Paulina: "He's campaigning on eliminating cash bail, which the Democrats in the Legislature are pushing for. 'Word' is that he got George Schwartz's backing for his campaign, so if he wins the Solicitor race, we could turn into a shithole, like Wilmington, Delaware."

Chief Griswold said "You'll just have to run for Solicitor, Paulina, and whip his ass."

Paulina replied: "You may be more right than you realize, Sheriff. I've been getting calls about that. I don't really want to, but Alvin Whitner really is that much of a threat. So we'll see."

Teresa said "It also brings up this question: why did KXTC reveal he was a George Schwartz recruit? Don't they work hand-in-glove with the Democrats to destabilize our County, State, and Nation as much as they can?"

"Yes, they do." I replied. "So your observation and question is an excellent one---"

*CHIME!*

It was my Police iPhone. I read the text message, sent a couple, then said "Okay, folks, let's go to MCD. I have a feeling that something good is about to happen in there..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Goin' to the chapel, and we're gonna get married
Goin' to the chapel, and we're gonna get married
Gee, I really love you, and we're gonna get married
Goin' to the chapel of love..."
--- The Dixie Cups, 'Chapel of Love

The MCD and Vice Detectives and their Lieutenants had been watching the KXTC propaganda-cast, and were totally surprised to see the Police Leadership as well as all of the Intel Branch people come into the room through the back hallway door.

"Always glad to have more US Paratroopers in the room," said Detective Sergeant Julia Rodriguez (ABN), "but what brings y'all in here?"

"It ain't the coffee, fer sure." added Detective Kerri Ambrose (ABN), generating laughter.

"You're the coffeemaker from now on, then." said Captain Claire Michaels, generating banter, especially from Vice Lieutenant Micah Rudistan.

Just then, Lieutenant Teddy Parker and Captain Janice Holloway came into the room. "Wow, why is everyone in here?" Janice asked.

"Commander Troy had all of us come in here." said Cindy Ross. All eyes went to me.

I just gave everyone a sunny smile, then said "How was your little vacation?"

"Oh, it went very well, sir." Janice said. Then she raised her left arm up, showing everyone the back of her left hand. It took a few seconds, but everyone began realizing that underneath the engagement ring on Janice's finger was a wedding band! And then they noticed the wedding band on Teddy Parker's ring finger.

"Oh my God! You got married!" Julia Rodriguez yelled as she got up and ran over to hug Janice. More hugs and handshakes followed.

"Okay, Iron Crowbar." said the Green Crowbar Cindy Ross as she waved said green crowbar in my direction. "How'd you know to have us come in here for this?"

"I didn't, not for sure." I said. "But going to Las Vegas on St. Valentine's Day? Let's just say I 'gambled' on that guess." There was a loud acclaim, along with some mumbles of 'nothing gets past him', then I said loudly: "And it's about frickin' time you got that woman to the altar, Parker. Congratulations!"

After a few minutes of (not really) controlled chaos, Janice told the story: "One reason we've taken so long to tie the knot is because we never could agree on our plans for our wedding, and our families had their own ideas of what we should do. So we decided just to elope and get it overwith."

Some moments later a 'cake' of piled doughnuts appeared. As it all too often happens around Police Officers, those doughnuts disappeared with amazing speed.

"You just guessed. Riiight." Cindy said to me as we consumed our doughnuts. "And you ordered doughnuts, too. Yeah, you just guessed."

"I have another guess, too." I said as I observed Janice's rosy cheeks. "There was a more practical reason why they went and got married." Cindy did a double-take at me, then made her own physical and mental observations...

Part 16 - Announcements, Announcements, Announcements

10:00am, Thursday, February 17th. The lectern was set up on a stage raised 18 inches above the floor in the Rotunda of the State Capitol, set apart by the thick velvet ropes. It was the largest open space in the Capitol building, save the actual State House and State Senate Chambers themselves. Next to the lectern was a desk, with American and State Flags behind it and in front of a temporary backdrop wall. The signing of the two passed bills and announcements by the Governor of the State was imminent.