Sausage and The Law Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Catrina: "The new law creating the State Medical College gives Dr. Fredricson the right to make some property claims to create a new campus for the State Medical College. However, an embittered Dr. Jerry Moore is pulling out all the legal stops to obstruct her progress."

After giving the details of the case as well as a statement by Dr. Jerry Moore, which was curiously almost verbatim what he'd said to Stellum, especially about Laura's CIA career, Lisa said "Dr. Fredricson gave a Press Conference yesterday, which you did not see on KXTC, but will see here. Roll tape."

Tape rolled, showing Laura saying "Our claims are to University Hospital property, which was turned over to the State Medical College. I welcome Dr. Moore's lawsuit, and I will be glad to crush his lies and false claims in Court. I will also add that the deed book records have been examined, and copies are on file in the Town & County Police's evidence servers in the event someone has any ideas of tampering with the records... like what happened in the Katherine McAfee disappearance case!" (Authors note: 'Climate Injustice'.)

Laura: "Furthermore, Dr. Moore does not have the right to claim my home nor to force me to leave it; it's my property, and the only claim the University has to it is first rights to buy it -if, and only if- I choose to sell it in the future."

Back to Catrina live: "In other news, Assistant District Attorney Paulina Patterson has called a Press Conference for 12:00 noon today, and KFXU Fox Eight News will cover it live. No details have been given, but sources tell Fox Eight News that a run for the Solicitor's post will be announced..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Words parsed nicely." said Tanya Muscone as she, Teresa, and I sat in my office and watched before we began the Angels Meeting... minus Cindy, who had not only realized she'd crossed the line with me, but was ordered by Our Sheriff to leave with him. Tanya continued: "They used 'sources' instead of 'experts', and said merely that 'a' Solicitor announcement was coming.

Teresa said "Don, I believe you when you say Paulina said nothing to you. But she -did- call the Presser. Care to theorize without data?"

"No, nor with data." I replied. "I'll find out when you guys do... at high noon, local time. And you saw who had me make copies and photos of the records in the deed books."

Teresa said "By the way, the Sheriff is going to have a few words with Cindy about her challenging you like she did this morning, and especially over Press issues. It's been obvious lately that Cindy is not getting the vibes she should be about how seriously you despise the Press."

"Good." I said woodenly.

"I have something that will cheer you up." Tanya said brightly. The new Interrogation Room and the Lieutenant offices are just about done. Care for a tour?"

"Yes, that will brighten my day." I said. "Let's go see."

We first went past the entrance to Captain Michaels and Teresa's offices to the next opening down the hallway (actually towards the front of Headquarters). The offices against the back wall and windows to the outside were about the same, but some of the entry area had been trimmed for the new offices between them and the hall wall.

Those two new offices were as long from the hall wall to the back wall as the back offices were side-to-side, and about the same depths from their entrance doorways. Not great, not terrible, as Comrade Dyatlov (of 'Chernobyl' fame) would say.

"They're a little bigger," Tanya said, "but I'm glad I'm not in one of them. Rudistan has the right side back office with the window. Joanne Warner helped a lot with getting things done, so she gets the back left office with the window. I told her that that was your old office then my old office, so she better do it proud."

"Yes. Yes, she better do it proud." I said. "So Joanne did very well with helping you?"

Tanya said "She took control of the project for me, but she made sure to say that she was doing it so that she would get the window office, and that she had -no- desire to be promoted to Captain of Physical Properties."

I winced. "Damn. She caught on to me." I said.

Tanya laughed, then got serious as she said "Just between the three of us and your crowbar, Don... I don't think Joanne is ready to be a Captain yet."

"Me neither, truth be told." Teresa added.

"I'm not sure I agree with that." I said musingly. "But I am seriously taking both of your evaluations into consideration. Okay, let's go see the new I-3."

We went down the back hall and to the doorway into the anteroom of Interrogation-3. Now Interrogation-1 was in the middle, and I-2 to the left side. There were now metal doors on either side of I-1, with keycode unlocking, which meant we didn't have to go back out into the hallway to move from anteroom to anteroom.

"Looks about the same as the other two." I said. "Maybe a hair bigger?"

"Literally an inch, if anything at all." said Tanya. "I-3 is a little bit more ergonomic for handi-capable for suspects and Police Officers like myself. And the audio and video equipment in the old rooms were substantially upgraded, and are equal to the new room..."

Part 20 - Are Y'all Ready For This?

12:00 high noon, Friday, March 4th. Reporters and their camerapersons were gathered on the east end of Courthouse Square, in front of the Courthouse steps. Martha Faulkner of KXTC was there, wearing an all-white ensemble of jacket, blouse, and pants. And Bettina Wurtzburg herself, was present, but not in all white. Catrina Pierce was representing KFXU, and Greg Wallace of the State Fox Networks was there.

Someone gave them the 'one minute' warning, and everyone got in place, except Bettina. She was further back, talking to her live audience, saying "And Paulina Patterson is coming out of the Courthouse. Commander Donald Troy, who fathered her child out of wedlock, has not been seen yet, nor has her illegitimate daughter Tasha."

The group of politicians coming out were the 'Who's Who' of Town & County Republican politics: Sheriff Griswold, D.A. Miriam Walters, Councilman Edward R. Steele, Council candidates Katina Jones and Selena Steele, and the Mayor himself, Daniel A. Allgood, the People's Choice.

"And here comes Paulina Patterson herself." said Bettina into her microphone as she looked into the camera. "Let's join the Press Conference in progress." She turned and the camera feeds went to the lectern and the bank of microphones on the portico, at the edge of the three Courthouse steps. Everyone watched as Paulina came out...

To be continued.