Saving the Doctor Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Beth raised an eyebrow at him meaningfully.

"And I got pissed off at her, and told her it wasn't cool. I'm so sorry Beth, you shouldn't have had to go through the stress of receiving that."

"Oh it's...fine, as long as she doesn't know where I live I guess," she said sarcastically "I'll try to be careful what I text you from now on."

"No. Beth, I'll make sure it stays secure. I promise it won't happen again. Really. I'm sorry," Jon said, feeling beyond embarrassed.

She stared at him for a moment as her mouth slowly turned up into a grin.

"Okay... I guess this means we're even now?"

He took a second to remember what she meant, and then couldn't help chuckling. "Umm yeah. Yeah I guess you could say that."

She giggled cutely, "K. We're cool Jon don't worry. You and Elaina however... Wait sorry that was out of line, sorry none of my business." She raised her hands up apologetically. "I'll shut up and get to work."

"It's alright," Jon chuckled again, but this time with a tinge of bitterness. "Thanks Beth."

He sighed and glared at his phone after she left.

At the end of what ended up being a relatively uneventful day, Jon was sitting at his desk finishing up notes when Beth popped her head in again.

"You've got an impromptu visitor," she said with a tight smile.

"What? Didn't you tell them we're clos- oh. Hey honey," he said as Elaina walked into the doorway with a smile.

Beth left and Elaina walked in and sat down. It struck him that she hadn't been into his clinic since the first few weeks that he had started working there.

"What brings you by?" he asked, trying to act like it wasn't a big deal.

"Oh, well there's nothing to stop me from popping by anytime is there?" Elaina said, with a smile, but raising an eyebrow.

"Of course n-"

"And I decided we could go out to dinner tonight, we might as well go straight from here rather than wasting time going home first," she continued.

"Oh, uh yeah sure, did you make a reservation?" he asked.

"No, we can just try a place and see. There's lots of options if they're full."

He stopped typing and looked over at her. "I can't remember the last time you did that... or even if you ever have..."

She sighed. "I can't either. But apparently it would be good for me to do something spontaneous every day this weekend, and report back to Lana about it next week," she said with a bitter smile.

"Oh, well yeah that sounds..." he read her face as he spoke and backtracked "...-like it would be kind of annoying and hard, but hopefully you learn something about yourself," he ventured.

She squinted her eyes at him suspiciously and sighed again. "How much work do you have left?" she asked, impatiently.

"Well you're lucky I'm just finishing up the last note I'll just be a couple minutes."

"Okay. Well also before I forget..." She cleared her throat. "Jon. I am grateful. For everything that you do for me."

He stopped typing and looked over at her again, bewildered at the painfully robotic way that she had said it. His mouth turned up in a smirk despite himself and she started to look offended at his amusement when Beth walked in and coughed.

"Hey Jon." She leaned casually against the door frame, crossing her arms under her breasts. He noticed the cardigan had come open in the front and her v-neck shirt displayed a noticeable amount of cleavage.

"...and Elaina," she smirked, nodding her head towards her.

"I'm just about to head out unless there's anything else you need?"

"Uh, no Beth, not that I can think of anyway."

"K, well... text me if there's something you forgot," she said with a wink.

She beamed a beautiful smile at Elaina. "Have a fun night."

"Goodbye Beth," Jon said as neutrally as he could.

She turned and looked back over her shoulder "Bye," she said cutely and sauntered off.

If he didn't know any better he would have thought she was deliberately flirting with him in front of Elaina. She had been extra professional the last two days without a hint of anything like that until just now. The reasons for it clawed at the back of his mind as he tried to focus on finishing his note and Elaina ignored him on her phone.

As they left, Elaina mentioned offhandedly that she might start to pop by more often.

That night after they arrived home Jon finally got Elaina to open up more about the counseling session. She seemed to at least have been paying attention and intended to follow through with most of what they had talked about, albeit in a way that seemed like she was simply humoring the process because she had to.

"I was almost starting to become less annoyed with her, but then she had the presumption to suggest that we attend as a couple one of these times! Can you believe that?" Elaina asked, in disbelief.

"I... I mean I'd be willing to if you want me to," he said, trying to delicately nudge her in that direction.

"Oh please, couples counseling? We're engaged and in the prime of our relationship, please don't tell me you think there's any way we could possibly need that."

He did. He absolutely did, but he stayed silent.

She continued, "I mean, what if people found out, could you imagine the embarrassment?"

"She's just trying to help Elaina. I mean for me to attend once probably wouldn't hurt. You don't need to call it 'couples couns-"

"Stop. Just stop before you piss me off. Come with me." she grabbed him by the hand and he followed her up the stairs in confusion.

She led him to the bedroom and went to the nightstand and handed him something in colorful unopened plastic package. His eyes went wide when he realized it was a vibrating cock ring.

"THIS is all the 'couples counseling' we need. What do you say?"

He wasn't sure what to say. "Did you actually go into a sex shop?" he finally asked.

"Oh dear God no. I mean, I actually walked by one thinking about it, but even just looking in the window... No I bought it online, and it came yesterday."

"Okay. Well it looks like it could definitely be fun to try. I kinda have to disagree that it's a substitute for couples c-"

"Shhhh," she smiled and pressed a finger to his lips. "Just take off your pants lets try it out."

"Right now? Elaina to be honest I'm not exactly in the mood, today was-"

"Oh I can change that can't I?" She slithered into him and pulled him into a kiss, sliding her hand down to his groin.

It turned out she could.

A few minutes later she had him naked on the bed, fully erect and panting, as she fumbled with the new toy to turn it on and slide it over his hard cock.

"This will be good" she panted. "You often go a little deep for my liking and this should help with that.

He groaned as the vibrating ring got to his base and she positioned herself over him and slid her pussy over his cock.

"Oh!" she exclaimed in surprise as she came in contact with the ring.

She eventually settled down on to him and started breathing heavily as she rotated her hips on top of him. It felt really good for him, and seemed to be turning her on even more. He flexed up and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her neck as she moaned. Then rolled her over on her back.

"Ugh! No Jonathon I wanted to be on t- aaaahhh. Ah! Jonathon!"

He worked his cock in and out of her pressing the vibrating ring into her and working it into different spots and positions as much as he could. She made feeble protestations against her pleasure as she often did whenever she was getting close underneath him, and he could tell she was fighting against an oncoming climax.

"AH! Jonathon No! AH! Oh GOD! Jonathon, UGH!"

It took all his will power but he suddenly had an idea and he pulled most of the way out to remove the vibration off of her.

"Ahhh what? Jonathon no don't stop, what are you doing?"

He smiled down at her mischievously. "Promise to stop looking through my phone and I'll keep going," he said.

She slapped him in he face. Hard.

He fell out of her and on to his back beside her, swearing in pain and surprise.

She got up and sat herself back on top of him penetrating him into her and back onto the cock ring and started riding him hard.

"NEVER, say or do anything like that again!"

"I was just trying to play your little game that y-"

"NO! It's not a game and you have no fucking business trying that shit on me."

She ground her pussy in to him, but it seemed she was more intent on her own pleasure than his.

"Promise me! NEVER again!" she fucked into him hard. The bed creaking.

"UGH! ugh OKAY! FUCK! I promise!"

"GOOD!"

They panted and moaned as their bodies collided, but it felt like the closest they had ever come to actually hate-fucking each other. She lost control and wailed in a furious orgasm and his followed shortly after. They squeezed and clawed into each other's asses as the cock ring vibrated between them, but their mouths never met in a kiss. She fell off of him as it subsided and they simply lay there catching their breath. They cleaned themselves up and went to sleep without saying a word to each other.

On Saturday morning he didn't want to get out of bed. Elaina had got up at some earlier hour and was doing who knows what, but he just lay there, not wanting to face her, or his life.

Almost a full week had gone by and he still hadn't confronted her like he had promised himself he would. She seemed to be getting worse rather than better, all of the bad aspects of her personality and her approach to their relationship kept escalating. Bit by bit every step not huge enough to call it insane, but the end result certainly felt like it.. He felt hopeless and trapped. He had told himself that it would be cruel to add the canceling or postponing of their wedding to the sudden stress of her issues at work. He also knew that the timing would never be perfect, and that the longer he left it the more painful it would be. Really, he was an asshole for not doing it yet. He would be an asshole when he did do it. He was fucked.

Finally around 11:00 he made himself get out of bed.

Elaina was nowhere to be found.

This time, the few seconds of wondering whether she had left him, didn't cause the panic that it had last weekend. He decided to text her.

- Sorry I slept in so long. Where'd you end up going?

A half-hour later she texted back.

- I thought I told you I ended up taking the call shift today. I'm at the hospital. I'll probably do some paperwork in dialysis clinic between consults and rounding. I'll maybe try to come home mid to late afternoon.

He shrugged and decided to make lunch. He also realized he might actually be able to go to the open mic night since she would likely be at the hospital that evening anyway.

He enjoyed the afternoon practicing on the guitar, getting back into a couple of online games and just relaxing by himself.

Elaina made it home in the late afternoon like she had said, but halfway through supper got a phone call and had to leave shortly after. They had kept the conversation light and their interaction simple, pretending like last night hadn't happened. Though their general lack of eye contact and her curt goodbye as she left reminded him that things were far from normal.

She eventually texted that she had another consult while she was there and would be a while.

8 o'clock loomed on the clock and he picked up his guitar case and headed out the door, deciding he didn't need to text her about where he was going. He suppressed the annoying pang of guilt he felt for not clarifying whether he had her permission to still go out, even though she was working. He told himself he was a grown man and shouldn't have to do that kind of thing; that he shouldn't even be having to have this conversation in his mind, let alone out loud with her. He put her out of his mind and drove excitedly to the open mic.

The bar was dimly lit, but he could tell there was a decent turnout, most of the tables were full. He found Dave, the organizer, and got himself on the list for one song, feeling nervous but excited. He chose an empty table off to the side, and the night got underway.

A couple he recognized from the last time he was there, asked if they could share his table. They introduced themselves again and reminded each other of their names, Karl and his wife Lisa. They said it was good to see him back at one of these and complimented him on his playing when he was there before. Jon was flattered that they had remembered. Karl was an electrician and Lisa was a teacher. They had been coming to these nights off and on for quite a while. They chatted pleasantly in between acts and they seemed like great people.

The quality of entertainment was always really variable at these things, but it was more about sharing and supporting than being blown away by talent. Still there were a couple of really impressive performers, and he got a bit more nervous as a result.

That was nothing compared to when Dave announced the next performer.

"And we have another newbie here tonight, for the first time please give a warm welcome to Carly Jorgenson!"

Jon felt his hands grow clammy as he applauded with the rest.

Carly nervously sat down and thanked them softly. His chest grew heavy just seeing her beautiful face. She introduced the song, one by Joni Mitchell, and started timidly to strum at the guitar. He could tell she was struggling a bit with the fingering and had to try a second time with the intro as her face turned red. When she started singing though, the room quieted to a hush. He remembered being impressed when she was casually singing along by the bonfire at their party, but now, with a proper microphone in front of her and her voice alone on the stage... it was absolutely angelic. She gradually grew more confident as the song progressed and her gorgeous voice rang through the room. He couldn't believe how amazing she was, his heart wrenched at the melody and sad lyrics, and tingles spread over his skin as she sung the final chorus. He clapped loudly with the rest and realized his eyes had begun to well up a little. She smiled with her perfect dimples at the hoots and cheers of the impressed crowd, and said a nervous 'thank you' before leaving the stage.

Dave gave a huge thanks and introduced the next performer. Jon was glad it wasn't him. He followed Carly with his eyes as she left the stage and winded her way back to her table on the other side where he recognized Grace giving her a hug and a high five. He wondered if they had spotted him yet. He supposed they would soon enough. He couldn't concentrate on the stage and kept looking over to stare at Carly's beautiful face in the dim light.

Dave startled him out of his transfixed staring to tell him he was on next, with a chuckle and a pat on the shoulder telling him not to be too nervous. It didn't help.

Dave called out his name and he trudged up on stage, willing himself forward with every step. He told himself he'd already played in front of her by the bonfire at their party, but this seemed so different. He sat down and introduced Classical Gas with a hoot of approval from one of the audience members. He pretended Carly wasn't there, that he was just practicing alone in his room. With a deep breath he started into it.

His clammy fingers took a few seconds to feel normal, but muscle memory took over and before he knew it the song was over and he had pulled it off other than a few quick subtle stumbles.

It was an instrumental song, but it still seemed to have held everyone's attention. To his surprise the crowd applauded louder than usual and even a couple of woohoo's sounded and he gave a satisfied smile and a thank-you as he left the stage. He felt good and in the end he was glad he went through with it. Karl gave him a fist-bump and Lisa squeezed his shoulder, both of them saying how impressed they were.

He caught movement in his peripheral vision and looked to see Grace excitedly waving at him. When she had his attention she gave him two thumbs up and raised her eyebrows. He chuckled and mouthed 'thanks' and waved. Then Grace beckoned with her hand and mouthed 'get over here' with a look of mock insult that he was sitting so far away. She evidently didn't notice Carly's face turning red beside her.

He excused himself from Karl and Lisa and strolled over to their table when the next performer's song was done.

"Hey! That was awesome!" Grace said excitedly, as he took the empty seat at their table. "You were like a wizard on that thing."

Jon couldn't help beaming a smile, "Thanks Grace."

"Where the hell was that back at your party?" she joked.

He laughed, "I've uh, honed my magic, since then. I was a bit out of practice at the time."

Carly giggled. He could tell she was uncomfortable but trying not to show it.

"Did you know he was that good?" Grace asked her.

"Actually... no. I knew you said you used to play a lot, but that was, like... really good Jon. You should sing one next time though," she said with a restrained smile, but meeting his eyes admiringly.

He shrugged, "You're the one that's stolen the show so far Carly. Speaking of not knowing how talented someone was..."

"I know right!?" Grace said excitedly.

Carly blushed, and said "Thanks."

"So, what, were you avoiding us over here?" Grace teased Jon.

"I didn't see you until Carly went up. Have you two ever been her before?"

"Carly did once a long time ago apparently, but hadn't played until now," Grace said.

"When did you start coming, Jon?" Carly asked.

"I've been here a couple times, played once about a month ago."

"You know I'd only heard about these, but I'm glad Carly convinced me to come along, it's kinda fun." Grace said. "You should've told Jeff to come, if he'd known you'd be here I'm sure he would have."

Jon smirked, "Actually I was really nervous and kinda came here alone on purpose."

Grace laughed, "Yeah how'd that work out for ya?"

Jon laughed back, "Well apparently I didn't completely suck so it's all good."

"K, well Jeff won't be too insulted that you left him out I guess, he'd mentioned you seemed like you were kinda distant lately, and he tried to say it nonchalantly, but I could tell he was kinda worried....You know you're one of his best friends right?"

Jon tried unsuccessfully to hold back a surprised smile, "Uhh, well, I kinda figured maybe..."

Grace scoffed "You guys can be such typical men sometimes, too chicken to actually say shit like that out loud. Well you are, so don't try to act like you're too cool for him, he's got feelings too you know."

Jon laughed, "Okay thanks Grace." It actually had hit him hard, but he tried not to show it.

"Who are your friends over there then?" she gestured at his table.

"Oh, yeah Karl and Lisa, just a couple I met one other time I was here," he replied.

"Well we don't want to keep you from them I guess," Carly said.

"Oh what do you mean, we're better friends than they are, aren't we?" Grace joked.

Jon laughed, "Well yeah... but I do kinda feel bad."

"Well can we join you over there? The table's bigger, it looks like there's room," said Grace.

"Yeah, I don't think they'll mind."

"We don't need to impose," Carly said hesitantly.

"Yeah it's whatever... it's up to you," Jon said, understanding her, but not wanting to give away too much awkwardness in front of Grace.

"Oh don't be a stick in the mud, let's meet some new people." Grace elbowed her.

The song ended and Dave announced a short break, coincidentally. They moved over to his table and Karl and Lisa were more than happy to have them join, exchanging friendly introductions and complimenting Carly on her performance.

They all spent the rest of the evening enjoying the music and getting to know each other as they shared a massive plate of nachos.

Jon had ended up sitting next to Carly but the ice never fully thawed between them. She was so close, but so far. He wished he could play with her hands under the table like they did at the party. When they were all singing along with one of the performers and swaying back and forth, their shoulders slid together and she noticeably moved away from him. He could tell she was putting in a painful regretful effort not to talk to him too much, to not get wrapped up in conversation even when she seemed excited for the first sentence or two before reigning herself in, to not giggle too much at his jokes, to keep her beautiful glances in his eyes only a half-second long before turning away in embarrassment... It was all a torturous unintentional tease, of an amazing woman he knew was underneath it all, but not allowed to come out.

123456...9