Saving the Doctor Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The fog was gradually lifting from his mind though. As the day wore on he remembered more and more of their argument and how Elaina's behaviour had been escalating before that. Even now, her caring behaviour and apologizing words still had overtones of control and manipulation that he told himself he couldn't ignore. The gentle affection she had shown him last night warred with the memory of how she had acted before that, and the schism in his mind made his headache roar. He laid down again, finding himself more tired than he expected.

Mid-afternoon he woke up again and found himself standing in front of their walk-in closet, looking at the suitcase that was tucked away in the corner. He pulled it out and packed it with a week's worth of clothes. No harm in it, he told himself. It'll just be there, packed and ready. Folding the clothes was a nice simple action to get his body and brain moving in a gentle way without involving screens. It was also exciting. He felt like each piece of clothing was a step towards what had previously seemed like a fantasy he would never have the guts to make real. He still wasn't sure when, or even if, he could go through with it, but now it was there, and he felt a certain pride in taking that first step. Little by little, maybe that was how he could get there...

He went to the bathroom and took off the bandage dressings to check his wounds. There was one spot that was still stinging a lot, and he had difficulty seeing, using two different mirrors, but eventually succeeded in removing a small piece of glass from his scalp that had been missed. The cuts in general were worse than he had thought based on Elaina's description. He figured there should have been a stitches put in his ear, but he decided at this point it was too late anyway, so he put the dressings back on.

Elaina got home slightly early and was almost immediately chastising him for how much he was up and about, and noticed right away that he had played with the wound dressings. She off-handedly apologized when he mentioned the piece of glass, but still insisted that he let her manage the dressings. She refused to give him back his phone, saying that he still shouldn't be looking at screens. He said he just wanted to check if there were any texts or calls and she told him there were only a few 'get-well-soon' texts from a few people from the clinic. He was able to bring himself to get more openly annoyed at her, but she warned him to settle down for the sake of his recovery.

He was able to sneak a book into his room and tried reading a couple chapters, and was encouraged that it didn't strain his eyes or make his head spin too much. Still, he wasn't about to argue when she said she had told the clinic he wouldn't be in tomorrow either. He disagreed with her prediction of 'the rest of the week' but decided he would take it day by day.

She gently embraced him in bed again that night, whispering that everything was okay and that she'd take care of him. Was there any real loving affection, or simply pure possessiveness? He couldn't tell the difference anymore. Maybe for her there was no difference... Still, for now, he allowed himself to feel good and lean into her touches and caresses. He fell asleep trying to pretend he had a perfect loving wife taking excellent care of her husband in a happy blissful marriage. It wasn't easy.

The next morning his headache was practically gone, at least at first. He had a full breakfast and looked out the window with ease, though the sun wasn't as bright today. He quickly remembered Elaina still had his phone, and was finally able to bring himself to get appropriately pissed off about it. He tried a few minutes of reading on his tablet though and it was fine. A little while later he turned on the TV and after 15 minutes and a few flashy commercials it became too much and his headache returned. So, not quite back to normal, but making quick progress, he told himself.

He went back up to the bedroom to change, and paused when he realized his suitcase was missing. He looked through his drawers and realized the clothes he had put in the suitcase were all folded, more neatly than usual, back in his dresser.

He put it out of his mind for now, and tried to figure out what else to do, but the day quickly became more boring than he could handle. He wandered into the garage and starting slowly and carefully cleaning up. The rest of the house was spotless as usual but the garage had become the exception.

It was getting awkward moving stuff around his car and decided he should back it out for a while for some extra space. That's when he realized that his car keys were missing. He knew for a fact he had hung them in their usual place just inside the door. The spare set was missing too. Elaina...

He hadn't planned on going anywhere necessarily, but it was still off-putting. No cell phone, no car keys, and the feeling of being trapped in his own home became even heavier.

He went for a short walk, and though it was colder than he expected, the fresh air and freedom felt good. He went to the corner store a grabbed a couple things. By the time he got back he had a headache again, but he decided it was still progress.

He rested a bit and quickly felt better. He pulled out his tablet and was able to log in to his messenger app on there, so he sent Elaina a message asking about his car keys.

An hour and a half later he got a response.

- Turns out I was right to take them. You're in no condition to be driving, it would be irresponsible. I still have your phone, don't worry about it. Plus you shouldn't be on your computer either, maybe I'll have to confiscate that too.

He sighed.

He spent the rest of the afternoon reading a paper book with no issues, so eventually turned on the TV again.

He heard the door open and instinctively grabbed the remote to turn it off, knowing she'd be angry at him. He stopped himself though, and then put it down again, deciding he would protest by showing her he was recovering well and able to tolerate a bit of TV.

It didn't work out, and she was unconvinced. She literally stole and hid the TV remote from him, telling him that if he insisted on acting like a child he would be treated like one.

They were very close to getting into a full-out argument, but he decided to hold off and try to convince her with pleasantness instead. He tried to make friendly positive conversation during supper, telling her all the things that he was able to do without any headache that day.

"So anyway I'm definitely past the point where I can start to use my cellphone occasionally, so I'll get that back from you," he said casually.

She simply smirked, "No."

"Elaina I'm serious, I spent an hour on the tablet this afternoon and I was fine, I went for a walk. Is there another reason y-"

"I'm a doctor as much as you are and I don't want you to risk your health. Don't worry you haven't received any important calls or texts. I called the hospital yesterday to let them know you wouldn't be assisting in surgery tomorrow."

He sighed, "That's fair I guess. I'll be ready to go back to clinic on Thursday though."

"No, I already told them not to expect you back until after the Christmas break and Doug said that was fine."

Christmas was next week and after Friday there would only be walk-in clinics until after New Years.

"What? Elaina that'll be more than two weeks without me then. I have to go in to at least look through my results and reports."

"Maybe for a half-day next week then, just to do paperwork." she suggested.

"That's excessive for how well I'm feeling Elaina. Shouldn't you be relieved that you didn't give me too severe of a head injury?"

She glared at him, looking hurt at the reminder that she was to blame.

He continued his argument, "At least a half day, maybe a lightly-booked clinic Thursday or Friday so I can see some of the more important patients. Some things can wait but some really can't. Don't tell me you wouldn't feel the same way if you were suddenly off work."

She opened her mouth to protest but closed it again in annoyance, then changed the subject.

"I called your parents."

"Okay..."

"I let them know you were hurt. I told them the same thing I told Doug. Anyway, they agreed that it would be best if we don't visit them for Christmas this year."

"What?"

"You have a head injury Jon, and it's a 5 hour drive and at least one night away from home. You don't need that stress. Plus your cousins would be there and you know how they get drunk and boisterous when they're over at the holidays."

"You didn't think to ask my opinion on any of this?"

"No. Honestly Jon I'm not buying any of your act. You haven't been thinking straight for the last couple of days. Actually I don't think you were thinking all that straight even before. Maybe stress was getting to you more than I realized. If you've been suffering depression, and then this on top of it? I don't think you should be trusting any of your thoughts or emotions right now."

"Elaina..."

"You need to give yourself time. Let me take care of you, let me make all the decisions for a while until you can get your head back on straight, so to speak."

He looked at her with mistrustful eyes. "Elaina. Give me my phone back."

"You should get some rest Jon," she said, getting up and walking away.

"Elaina! You're being ridiculous!"

"Calm down Jon, you'll just make it worse if you get worked up," she called over her shoulder as she left the room.

He walked angrily downstairs and immediately hid his tablet from her.

That night she slid in next to him and kissed and caressed him as she'd done the night before but this time he realized she was naked.

"You know I love you, right Jon? I do all of this because I love you, you have to know that okay?" she cooed.

She started to massage his groin and his cock sprung to life quickly as her fingers slid over it's length. She placed tender kisses on his neck and nuzzled against him lovingly.

"I just want us to be happy," she whispered.

He didn't want to give in but his body was betraying him, and her tenderness and affection felt so good.

"You say you're feeling better? How about prove it?" she said excitedly, rolling him onto his back and straddling him.

She slid his pants down and helped him pull off his shirt. She kissed him and their bodies entangled slowly, and after a short time she pressed her wet pussy onto his cock and enveloped it's length with a long satisfied sigh.

She made gentle passionate love to him as he lied on his back. She whispered and kissed him with an emotion and adoration like he had never felt from her before, but had wanted for so long. He tried to tell himself that he needed to get away from her, to resist. That her overbearing habits had escalated into an almost insane possessiveness and that it wasn't safe, let alone healthy for him. He couldn't stay convinced as his body disagreed and he became lost in the bliss of her caring pleasure.

She whispered breathless in his ear, "Ohh Jonathon, you'd never leave me right?"

His cock throbbed rock-hard inside her slick warm pussy. He simply groaned.

"Calling off the wedding would just be insanity right? You'd never run away. You'd never betray me and devastate me like that right? You're better than that. We're stronger than that. You'd never do that right?"

She drove into him in a slow forceful thrust and he bucked back into her from the pleasure.

"Ahhh NO!" he grunted back to her. Not even sure if it was in answer to her questions or not. His head pounded in pain and his cock pounded in pleasure.

"Oh Jonathon!"

They moaned passionately as they climaxed. She stayed on top of him, caressing and kissing and whispering how much she loved him, as they slowly drifted off to sleep together.

The next day she was gone when he woke up. She hadn't left his cellphone or his car keys for him. The intoxication of their intimacy last night had worn off and he shook his head at himself. He should have put up more of a resistance, he should have called her out on how crazy she was being. He shouldn't have allowed himself to forget it and get lost in her beauty and her affection in their bed. Everything he had wanted for so long from her emotionally in the bedroom he was finally getting, but it came at the cost of all of his freedom and self-reliance.

He still didn't know where the TV remote was, but he found his tablet at least.

In the early afternoon he decided enough was enough and walked over to the neighbor's house.

Tabitha said an excited 'hi' in her mousey little voice. He felt a bit guilty asking for a favour when he hadn't put more effort into being neighborly, especially after Elaina's ongoing rudeness to her. He apologetically asked to use her phone saying that his was acting up. She eagerly invited him in with a smile and insisted on brewing him some coffee, asking with concern what happened to his head. He said he had a nasty fall on the stairs, but the look she gave him made him wonder if he didn't sound convincing enough.

She gave him her cellphone and he punched in the number for the clinic.

"Hi, it's Dr. Davidson here actually, is Beth around?... Thanks."

"Hello? Jon?"

"Hey Beth."

"Hey! Are you okay? People are talking about you like you're in a coma or something."

He chuckled, "No it's not that bad. I mean it was a hard... fall, but I'm already feeling a lot better. How have things been without me?"

"I miss y- Everyone misses you, but we're getting by."

"Are things falling behind?"

She sighed, "Yeah, some of patients aren't too happy, but the reasonable ones understand. The other docs are picking up the slack with the important stuff, I can tell it's hard for them to keep up with the extra work, but they're happy to, and they never complain. They'd do anything for you Jon."

To his surprise, he found himself almost getting a bit choked up. "That's good to hear. Tell everyone thanks Beth. Sorry I made the week harder for everyone."

"No no, come on, it's fine. I... We all love you Jon, it was scary to not really know how you were doing, but I'm so glad to hear you're okay."

"Thanks, that means a lot Beth."

She giggled and then he heard a faint sniffle from her. "Well try to watch your balance next time ya clutz."

He chuckled, but felt embarrassed for having to continue the lie of how he got hurt. "Anyway, I'm not just calling to check on things, I'm actually thinking of coming in to work, but I wanted to see how the list was, like how much work there is..."

"Oh! Yeah that'd be awesome, I mean don't push yourself too hard, but if you're feeling up to it, even half a day would be good. Elaina had said you'd be out for the week at least. There's a few patients that are more complex that you know really well and they don't sound emergent but.. like, it's tough to know how to triage people."

"No of course, do you have time to talk through some of them?" he asked.

"Yeah, for sure!"

They went through the list of pending patients and decided there was at least a day's worth of issues that should be dealt with before the Christmas break."

"Okay so we'll do two pretty light half-days, tomorrow and Friday."

"I like the sound of that, that's awesome,"

Jon paused awkwardly. "I... might need a favor though."

"Yeah anything Jon."

"Can you pick me up and drive me to work?"

"Oh... uh, yeah of course you don't want to push it physically with driving I guess hey?"

"Yeah... thanks. And my cell's on the fritz so can we just plan now for you to come get me, maybe 9:15-ish? If the clinic won't start till 10, that should be enough time to get there and prepare I think."

"Yeah, sounds great."

"Thank you so much Beth."

"Yeah it's no problem. I'm so glad you're okay."

"K, I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"See ya!"

He thanked Tabitha and stayed for a chat over coffee and another delicious muffin. She was such a nice woman, he didn't know why Elaina always talked down about her. She said Brad was away for work 'like usual' without sounding disappointed at all. She talked excitedly about anything and everything, and he found her friendly energy refreshing. He ended up staying a lot longer than he planned and finally had to interrupt her fascinated questions about his work when he suddenly noticed the time. Elaina would potentially be home soon and he had a feeling she wouldn't be pleased to discover where he was. Tabitha told him to pop over anytime with an enthusiastic smile and a twinkle in her eyes as she said goodbye and he headed back to his house feeling energized.

He didn't tell Elaina about his plans of course. He decided he would play the happily subservient fiance that she wanted. They ate a pleasant supper, and he didn't mention his cellphone or car keys, but suggested they could watch a documentary on TV, something not too flashy, and she surprisingly agreed.

They cuddled affectionately on the couch and Jon almost felt guilty about how good it felt. All such thoughts washed out of his mind as she slowly became much more affectionate, teasing him and stroking him until finally near the end of the documentary she was riding on top of him on the couch in gentle rolling thrusts. He called out her name as he came intensely inside her, and she kissed him with a victorious smile and rested her head on his chest, keeping him inside her for the last few minutes of the movie.

He reassured her he felt alright watching the whole movie without any headache. He was tempted to mention his cellphone but decided to let her fill in the blanks.

That night after they crept under the covers her hands found him again and started sliding and rubbing all over him as she kissed his neck. He told himself he shouldn't resist so he could remain on her good side for now. His body took very little convincing. He was hard before too long and she slithered on top of him and worked his cock inside her again hungrily.

"Mmm you've been such a good partner today Jon." she moaned. "I think this whole thing is just gonna make us stronger, make us better. Ahhh. I'm sorry you had to get hurt for it to happen, but I feel like it's for the best."

He hated how his cock throbbed at her arrogant words. He pushed her over on her back so he was on top. He wanted to feel more in control, though it was a losing battle.

"Ahh, No Jon, don't hurt yourself, you're going to over do it."

She rolled him back and clutched him tighter between her thighs and pushed down, then pinned his hands above his head.

"Maybe I should order some handcuffs to keep you under control hmm?" she said. He couldn't tell if she was aware how evil her grin looked.

"I don't know about that honey," he panted.

"Wouldn't you do it for me? If I really wanted it." she pouted, trying unsuccessfully to look cute.

"I'd definitely want to make sure we had a safe word," he chuckled nervously.

"Ohhhh, don't worry I'd make sure you enjoyed it," she purred.

She held his hands down more forcefully and increased her thrusts. Their moans heightened quickly and after a short couple of minutes he climaxed again, with an intensity that made him doubt himself. Their sweat covered bodies collapsed against each other affectionately.

He fell asleep not knowing what he had the willpower to do anymore.

The next morning, he picked up his phone up off the dresser with a sigh of relief.

A note was underneath it

- I love you, let's build some trust together.

He wanted to believe in it. He almost did. He almost felt guilty for lying to her and going to work today, but stopped himself from texting Beth to cancel, and told himself he was well enough to, that he had every right to.

As he sat and waited for her he looked through his phone to see what might have changed. He smiled at the get-well texts. He was almost going to put it away when he looked through the app list and saw a new one he didn't recognize. He opened it up and after a few confused minutes realized what it was. An app to help families find each other. Mostly designed for parents to keep track of their children by the look of it. Elaina's name was listed in the menu. He realized it would allow her to track his location throughout the day, and that it was already set to 'on'. He disabled it, and turned off the location option on his phone settings just before he heard a knock at the door and greeted Beth with an eager smile.

1...456789