Saving the Doctor Pt. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes," she confirmed simply. "We'll talk about a few things I'm sure, but I know she wants to suggest lowering the price, though I'm hoping not by much."

Jon was surprised Elaina was open to it at all. "Yeah, I'd agree, hopefully not by too much, but all we've had are low-ball offers so far, I think we might have to give in a little."

"Yes, I'd say you're right. Things can't always be ideal, unfortunately," she said casually.

Jon was struck at how strange those words sounded, coming from her. "K, well I'm glad we're on the same page," he said.

"Me too. You make it easy. You've always been the reasonable one Jon," she said wistfully.

"Thanks... So, how have you been?" he found himself asking.

"I've actually been quite well, thank you," she said, sounding genuinely touched that he cared. "Matt and I have been doing really well, it's... surprising honestly, and still new and different, but... it's good."

"That's great," Jon said, an impressed smirk crossing his face.

"How are things with Beth?" she asked, casually.

"It's good," he said simply. Then he felt like the silence that followed gave him away. Thankfully she never pressed the issue.

"Okay... well it was nice to hear your voice again Jon, and it'll be nice to see you again tomorrow, I just wanted to make sure you didn't forget," she said, managing not to sound too patronizing.

"Yep, I'll see you tomorrow," he said, feeling off-put, but not in an entirely bad way.

"Bye hon-... Sorry. Bye Jon." she said, sounding genuinely embarrassed.

"Bye," he said. Grimacing at hearing her slip. Hating the mix of feelings it still triggered.

He hung up and stared at the phone for a long time, trying to decide if she was really changing or not.

***

Jon had slept in late Saturday morning, and was finally feeling some life in him by the time he finished his coffee and the last remnants of his cereal. The last bite almost fell out of his mouth when he stared at his laptop screen though.

He almost never looked at entertainment news, but the story on his browser's home page had caught his eye and he clicked on it in fascination.

Snowboarder Blake Bosch cuts tour short. Alleged split with fiance. The headline read.

The story itself didn't really contain many details other than that, once he navigated passed the ads, other than rumours of drug use and arguments with tour staff.

Despite wanting to put everything about last weekend behind him, he found himself really wanting to know what else had played out in that entourage after they had left.

The rest of the morning seemed to go by slowly as he tried not to feel too lonely. He distracted himself with the internet and was almost going to go for a run and then decided he didn't have time. He didn't want to get exhausted and sweaty, or to be late meeting Elaina. Though he told himself he shouldn't care.

He tried not to think of her too much as he ate lunch and got ready, but it was hard. He couldn't decide whether it was better to believe she was a changing woman or to never trust her again. He knew he shouldn't be with her either way. He was surprised she was dating Matt, but glad she seemed happy They had both known him from residency and he had just graduated into Orthopedic surgery and started his practice at the same hospital as Elaina. Matt seemed like a good guy, both from what he remembered and how she talked about him now. Hopefully, if she had changed, she could eventually make him a lucky guy. ...and vice versa.

Despite everything that had happened, Jon didn't find himself wanting Elaina to suffer. He wanted her to get better, to become a better person and overcome whatever issues she had obviously been struggling with before. It was tempting to want petty revenge, but he insisted on being a better person than that. The best thing was for her to get the help she needed, and for both of them to be better, apart. He ignored the distant pang of discomfort in the back of his mind as he thought about it, and headed out the door.

...

Donna smiled at them across the expensive desk in her large office. "I'm so happy you're making the right move, you gotta play the game sometimes and this will definitely get more buyers in the door. Maybe even get a bidding war going, who knows?"

"Well I won't hold my breath, but as long as we eventually get it sold," Elaina said, with a polite smile.

"Thanks again Donna, for everything," Jon said, standing up and shaking her hand.

"Oh you're very welcome. So the new price will be up soon and hopefully lots of showings next weekend."

"Bye."

Jon and Elaina walked out of the building into a bright sunny day. The snow was melting fast, and slush and puddles were everywhere.

"Well, what do you think?" Elaina asked.

"It makes sense, and we're still going to more or less break even, so I'm okay with it," he replied. "You?"

Elaina gave him a soft smile, "It's a bit of a disappointment, but you're right, it's not going to effect either of us in a big way financially. I feel like Donna's the one stressing about it more than either of us... though I suppose that's the way it should be."

Jon found himself chuckling. "Well thanks for being chill about it," he said.

Elaina gave him an amused smirk, "I can be 'chill'... when I want to be."

Jon gave her an amused smirk back and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh don't look at me like that," she said with a smile. "Like right now I could be complaining about how these damn puddles keep threatening to ruin my shoes, but I'm choosing not to."

"Maybe cause you know it's your own fault for not dressing for the weather," Jon ventured with a mocking smile.

To his surprise she only swatted him lightly and kept her smile as she squinted her eyes. "Help me over this next one just for that," she said holding out her hand.

He took her soft delicate hand and stifled the feeling of shivers that ran up his arm as she hopped over the puddle.

"Thanks," she said tenderly. Then she sighed. "Now, would it be too much to ask to sit down and have a coffee? Catch up a bit?" she asked, looking up at him with a cautious, searching gaze.

Jon looked at her beautiful eyes, trying to see a hint of ulterior motive, and decided he needed to practice being comfortable around her again if he was going to move on.

"Sure," he said.

He was suddenly reminded he was still holding her hand as she squeezed it and gifted him a gorgeous smile. He smiled back but gulped again as he let go of her hand, and looked away.

...

"You? Building a house?!" Jon exclaimed, his eyes going wide across the bistro table.

"Only for a day or so, and I honestly wasn't much help, but it was fun, and it did feel good to do something selfless for a while."

Jon shook his head, "A habitat for humanity build. Man, I gotta hand it to Matt he's seeming like a good influence on you," he said, sipping his coffee.

Elaina gave a rare blush, "I was just along for the ride. I helped with organizing a bit and that was it. I still barely know what to do with a hammer. He's amazing with tools though. As an Orthopod I should have assumed as much, but it was interesting to see him putting his skills to other good uses. They love him there. He donates a lot of time and money."

"Yeah, that's impressive," Jon said.

Elaina looked at him reassuringly, "Well you have no reason to look up to him, you have your new role at the shelter clinic and you were always..." she paused and her face changed. "Jon I'm sorry I never gave you any respect for your... charity work with those clinics, I should have taken it more seriously. I know it meant... and still means, a lot to you, and I think I maybe understand a bit more."

Jon tried to stop from going red, "Well I mean it's not pure 'charity' I still get paid, it's just not-..." he stopped himself and took a breath. "Thank you," he said, simply taking the compliment. "That means a lot Elaina."

She gave him a pained smile. "There's so much I should apologize for," she said, her eyes seeming to sparkle even more than usual. He realized it was because they were growing moist.

"That... means something too," he said, but quickly added, "But let's not get into that now... unless you really need to?"

She smiled gratefully, "No. You're right, this has been too refreshing a conversation to ruin it with all that. Just know that... I'm trying to be better."

Jon nodded, keeping a straight face while relief and paranoia warred in his mind. They sipped their coffee in the first awkward silence of the conversation.

"Have you and Beth done anything interesting lately?" Elaina asked, keeping any hints of jealousy well hidden if they were there.

"Uh, yeah, she's been getting me a lot more active actually," he replied. "We're in a volleyball league now, and we just went skiing last weekend."

Elaina gave a supportive smile, "That's good to hear. She's an impressive young woman. Obviously a lot of drive. I think I remember hearing she was saving up for college?"

"Yeah," Jon replied. "She's applying for nursing."

"Oh? That's good to hear. I'm sure she'll do well. Which schools?" she asked.

"Uh, there's a few. We're hoping she gets in locally, but there's a handful of others. She's got good marks though, I'm sure she'll get her pick," he said.

"Well I hope it works out. Really I do. I know I acted differently before, but she really seems to make you happy, and I certainly know you could do a lot worse," she said, seeming to hint at something, but Jon didn't really care what. He was just glad to hear her offering her support, even if it was a front. She seemed so honest though.

They finished their coffee and gave a pleasant goodbye. They said they'd keep in touch and wished each other well. Neither of them hesitated before leaning in for a hug.

It was quick and friendly enough, but as soon as Jon turned away afterwards, the lingering warmth on his body and the nervous energy in his step made him close his eyes and give himself a mental slap in the face.

...

After supper, he was almost relieved when it started to rain and it gave him an excuse to keep sitting on the couch instead of going for a run. Though he kept stewing over Elaina.

He told himself it shouldn't matter whether she was becoming a better person or not. It wasn't his concern. It was good. Good for her. Good for Matt. Yet, he couldn't help feeling it would be easier for him if she was still the crazy, evil bitch she had turned into before he left her. He couldn't help wondering where this new caring, easy-going Elaina had been back when they were together, almost wishing he could have been with her. He told himself it must just be a facade, put on to get under his skin. That the self-absorbed control-freak was still under there, waiting to pounce.

He reminded himself the whole point of this weekend was to be alone. To be comfortable alone. Even if Beth turned out to be a flash in the pan and fizzled out after this, being alone was better than being with Elaina. He rubbed his face and sighed, and then switched on a movie. It lasted about an hour before he finally picked up his phone again.

He started typing a text... but suddenly looked up in confusion when the doorbell rang.

He walked up the stairs and hopped over to the door. He opened it to a draft of cold wet air and the roar of heavy rain. Beth stood soaking wet in the freezing rain in front of him. Tears clearly mixed with raindrops on her face, and rivers of eyeliner streamed down her cheeks. Her hair was matted down on to her shoulders, and her wet t-shirt clinging to her tits and stomach. A look of pitiful pleading sorrow painted her face.

Jon stood frozen at the sight.

"Jon please, I know we said we'd wait through the weekend but I don't want to! I love you and I'm sorry, and I just want you to be able to forgive me and let me forgive you. I don't know wh-"

Jon grabbed her strongly and kissed her, then pulled her through the doorway into the house.

He slammed the door and pressed her back against it by the hips. He held her like a lifesaver that had been thrown to him as he drowned. He felt like he needed her; not wanting to swim away alone without her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and shoved her tongue into his mouth. She was shaking, but he wasn't sure it was entirely from the cold.

"I'm sorry too," Jon said, "And I forgive you."

She kissed him so hard it almost hurt. She wrapped her arms around his neck more tightly and lifted herself to wrap her legs around his waist. She pulled her face away to give a tear-filled smile down at him.

"You're freezing cold, why weren't you in a jacket?" he asked with a laugh.

She shrugged stubbornly, "I didn't care."

She stared at him deeply and then attacked his face with hers again, pulling his hair and grinding herself into his abs until they were both moaning. He staggered backwards and came up against the other wall.

Eventually she pulled away breathlessly again, "I wanna get out of this wet shirt."

He slid his hands off her ass and started to lift the wet fabric up her back.

He only briefly hesitated, but she responded quickly, "I tested negative, I found out this morning."

He kissed her again, and gave a grateful whisper, "Thanks."

Their stare turned quickly to desire again as their hands kneaded into each other.

"So where do you wanna go warm up? The bedroom? Shower?" he asked with a smirk.

She bit her lip with a naughty smile, "Hot tub?"

He frowned, "But you-..."

"I don't care," she said, then quickly hopped off of him and lifted up his shirt.

A few minutes later she let out a sultry moan as her naked body slipped into the steaming water and he followed eagerly behind. She dipped her head under the water and emerged with her head extended back and her hair hanging down, like a siren emerging from the depths.

She immediately pulled herself on to him, their slippery bodies entangling and sliding over each other. Her slick breasts sliding over his pecs and her trimmed mound pressing and gyrating along his already hard cock. Her caring hand found his shaft and only a few pumps later directed him to her pussy and they moaned into each others mouths as bit by bit he entered her.

The hot water enveloped their flexing bodies as her walls enveloped his shaft, and they pulled each other tight and let out a relieved moan together as he bottomed out. The cold raindrops splashed into the water and on to their hair and shoulders, sending shivers through their bodies. They whipped in waves of tender passion as she moaned and whispered her love for him in his ear, and her nails dug into his neck.

The minutes passed and they drifted from wall to wall in the hot tub, the splashes from their bodies growing bigger as they moaned louder and their hips smacked together under the water. She ground herself into him with determination as he started to grunt louder and lose himself.

"AHH GOD! YES! Come on! Oh JON! Come on I want it! YES!"

"UGH BETH!" he growled back, digging his fingers into her ass.

As his climax approached he thought to himself how he had never actually had sex in a hot tub before... then his mind corrected him, that he had never completed sex in a hot tub. Flashbacks of that fact suddenly played through his mind, and of the woman he had decided was worth destroying his engagement for.

"FUCK! ....BETH! AAAHHH!!" he exclaimed as he came hard inside her.

"Ugh! Yeah! That's it! FUCK! Yeah Baby!" Beth groaned squeezing him tightly and closing her eyes in determination.

He wasn't sure if she had cum, but was more concerned about what had been going through his mind as he had.

As the rush of endorphins settled they stroked each other's wet hair and shared affectionate pecks on the cheeks.

"I love you," she said squeezing him tightly again.

He kissed her back passionately and held on to her preciously in the their warm wet cocoon within the cold dark night.

**********

"UH! AH! FUCK! AH! HARDER! JON! OH! GOD!"

"AH! BETH! HOLY SHIT! AGH!"

Jon hurled himself into Beth from behind, battering her hips against the side of the mattress. Her torso lay sprawled on top of the bed from the side, her face half-buried in the sheets. His body pressed down on top of her huffing in exertion against her neck. Their fingers clasped tightly together with sheets bunched up in both hands. The morning sun shone through the window into their bedroom.

"COME! ON! BABY! FUCKING! GIVE IT TO ME! AH! AH!" Beth shouted, almost in angry determination as she closed her eyes tightly.

"UGH! AH! FUCK!" Jon concentrated and strained his body to give her what she needed.

"I SAID! FUCKING! HARDER! BABY! FUCK!" Beth shouted.

Jon grunted and barraged her pussy feeling the heavy bed scrape loudly across the floor.

"FUCK! BETH! AGH!" he said, trying desperately to hold off his own orgasm.

"YES! YES! FUCK! DON'T STOP! FUCK! FUCKFUCKFUCK! AAAAHHHHH!!!"

Finally she spasmed into a furious orgasm, swearing and screaming and bucking back into him.

He wrenched himself into her and winced through another intense climax. He sputtered and groaned, and dug his hips needfully into her ass as he finally spent himself.

Their breathing eventually slowed and their bodies gradually relaxed and he slid her back up on to the bed, spooning her from behind.

After a minute or two, she gave an affectionate whimper.

"Mmmmm I'm in so much fucking puppy-love with you, I don't care," she said.

He laughed along with her and pecked her a kiss on the neck.

They had had some serious conversations last night after their make-up sex, that were incredibly sobering despite the amount of beer they had shared as the evening turned to night. He seemed to think they both had a better perspective on their relationship and were now set on a healthier trajectory. He didn't know when they had finally passed out together but he didn't care. Sleep deprivation had never felt so good.

They made a brunch together, pinching each other's butts in the kitchen as they worked, and giggled through a light conversation as they ate.

She left shortly afterwards though. They had both promised that they would hold back a bit on purpose and not smother each other, and with one last heavy kiss she gave him a beautiful loving smile and bounced out the door.

Jon took it easy during the afternoon, cleaning up a bit, watching tv and wasting time on the internet, but felt at peace and like a weight had been lifted.

It didn't last though, and his mood took a turn when he found his phone again. He had pushed it out of his mind earlier in the morning, but the missed call from Carly was there like a rock in his boot, the icon staring back at him almost tauntingly.

He decided to just send a text for now.

Hey, I'm free now if you need to chat, or if not it's whatever.

He spent the next half hour pretending to pay attention to the TV but really playing out in his head what she might want and what he might say to her.

He got nowhere though by the time his phone rang, and he winced and took a breath before answering.

"Hey what's up?" he said.

"Hey, thanks I'm um, well how have you been doing?" she asked nervously.

"Fine. You?" he replied.

"I'm good," she said. "I'm... better than I was."

"Did you finally get some anti-emetics in you?" he asked, trying to keep things light.

"Haha, um, yeah, actually, I was lucky and already got an appointment a couple days ago, so yes, and the nausea's already getting better."

"That's good."

"...and I'm feeling better all around I think. ...a lot better than I was," Carly said.

"Yeah, good I'm glad to hear it," Jon said politely.

There was a long awkward pause.

Carly finally continued, "...and I wanted to at least say I'm sorry for how I acted last weekend, like, when we were at the hospital."

123456...8