All Comments on 'Saving Ulysses'

by Griscom

Sort by:
  • 65 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Now THAT is how you play it!

Good one. I always wonder about people's smart's when they prod a sleeping bull. In many stories, exes send photos, videos or letters documenting their activities in an attempt to stir up the Ex. There should be more stories where the reward for that provocation is a sharing of the material with EVERYONE! Well written story. Thanks.

5 stars

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Great story

Stalingrad was a meat grinder. Apparently his marriage wasn’t much better. Hope he keeps on her ass all the way to Berlin.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 3 years ago

All's well that ends well!

5

Gmann006Gmann006about 3 years ago

I loved it, Why should anyone be let off the hook for being that stupid

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 3 years ago

The arrogance of the ill fated German Sixth! What a metaphor for an arrogant vengeful ex-wife. Now I'm gonna spend my day ping ponging my musings between Barbarossa and the Odyssey. Hilarious.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

The stories where a betrayed husband forewarns the slut ex-wife's new fiance are always satisfying.

Just imagine all the effort she put into that new relationship to get the guy to propose, then in all comes crashing down around her ears. It only takes him one phonecall to destroy months/years of her hard work. It's a beautiful way of getting devastating revenge with minimum effort and best of all, the ex-husband can do it over and over again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Another victory for General Winter

the coldest son of a bitch in the entire Russian Army.

AmunRa218AmunRa218about 3 years ago
Excellent

Nice little story. Prod the bull, you eventually you get gored. Comparisons to Stalingrad was very creative. Short, sweet and to the point. Thanks!!

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Well done. I rarely like the 750 word thingy but yours is pretty good. It actually felt like a complete story.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

Now, THAT'S how you do a 750-word story! Complete, no loose ends.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago
Yes

Thank you. Short, sweet and told it all.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Love this one. If I can prevent just one person from falling under spell it is worth it...

AbctoyAbctoyabout 3 years ago
Good read

Loved it! Hisrory is part of my life and loved the analogies. Great counter strike.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

She lit a match, he tried to dowse it - with gas! Shouldn't tempt fate or ex-husbands!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Loved it -- short and to the point

Stalingrad -- a perfect image for a failed marriage and bitch wife. Loved it.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoabout 3 years ago

sounds more like a blitzkrieg on the ex... well written and enjoyable. more please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great story

750 word stories can leave a lot hanging or missed details. You nailed it in 750!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"Vengeance Is Mine" really is a Righteous motto.

When she called and called him a bastard, I can almost hear his roar of laughter.

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 3 years ago
Well Executed.

Girl's stupid not to have made a totally clean break from her ex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
5*

I know a dude that has run off 4 financess from his cheating ex-wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
The prototype 750 word BTB!

THIS is EXACTLY what a “flash” story should look like!

5*****

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Love it - complete story in so few words! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
A Kindness

He did a good deed warning the next guy. 5

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 3 years ago

Ha, ha.

A well done flash story.

4 out of 5 from me.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago
750 Words?! 5***** easily!

That was a lot of story in just 750 words and very unique to my way of thinking. If they are giving any prizes in this competition, you should be a finalist easily! Excellent job. No extra word and nothing missing. This is how it's done!

SemasswoodSemasswoodabout 3 years ago
Great job

Once again you’ve written a good story. This one is impressive because it is complete and tied up in a nice bow in just 750 words.

Keep ‘em coming

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved it. A wonderful story in 750 words. Vortrefflich!

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 3 years ago

That was witty as hell.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 3 years ago
Faulty Premise

Good story IF one accepts the premise that an adulteress (especially with photo evidence in her divorce history) would send a wedding invitation to her Ex-Hubby. Especially since that Bull was NOT Sweetie’s new fiancé. Since I suspect fewer than 5% of sweeties who are remarrying sent invites to their exes, I have to downgrade the max score.

4* nice fantasy, but I also suspect 95% of exes would do exactly what this one did.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago
Good writing

Even readers who have no clue about Field Marshall Paulus and the destruction of his 6th Army at Stalingrad appreciate this story. Great use of allegory to this destruction of a cheating ex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Golden

That was golden. 5 Stars.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 3 years ago
Well

It WAS 750 words. Neat story. Thanks.

Tiger27Tiger27about 3 years ago

A good well written story.

Thanks, and keep em coming.

GinloverGinloverabout 3 years ago

He got his revenge many times over. Good writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This is not a story but a song of praise. Brilliant! great job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Awesome! Should do that every time she gets a new boyfriend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Nice

Good to see some people still have an interest in history. Not many of us left these days.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Hate that expression!!!!!!!!!!! Bro's before ho's. Heard too many guys bragging about"6 kids 4 baby mommas and x number of girl friends". jtwheels

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 2 years ago

Would have been better if you expanded the story a couple of chapters, otherwise an excellent story very well told.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

5 stars - another one bites the dust. I like this short story.

Tiger27Tiger27over 2 years ago

Short and sweet! Loved it.

etchiboyetchiboyover 2 years ago
@Lawrie1941 — 750 words to... more words

“Would have been better if you expanded the story a couple of chapters...”

You do realize the whole challenge is to write an excellent story in only 750 words, right?

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

Good yarn, but it was 751 words not 750! I liked the references to the war in Europe 1940-5. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Yes, she was stopped at Stalingrad. But now she is on her way, to the caucasus. I gave it 5 stars, because SHE brought all this on herself, by goading her ex husband.This is actually not unusual that she puts him down to others, but to do it to his face is usually not how a Narcissist bitch operates. Hopefully, she will leave him out of the loop, when she ropes her next victim.

I read on this site a lot, that we should have automatic dna testing at birth. I would like to add to that. Anytime you propose marriage, the partners should have to provide “ references”, from their exes. Any woman contemplating even a long term relationship, will grill anyone connected with him, to turn up any dirt. ( wives and girlfriends of his family and friends, etc.) The guy on the other hand says” pussy good, I can live with everything else” and believes whatever lies she spews. A divorced woman will NEVER admit to cheating. But her past actions, will influence her future ones. Just remember this- If she cheated on him, she will do it on you. Only difference, is now she will be much better at hiding it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

lol

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 2 years ago
Sweet!

Another delightful 750 from Griscom. Well written and tight logic throughout the smooth flow plot.

To those who wish a longer story: I advise you avoid something CLEARLY labeled 750.

The criticism that no ex would invite the MC to her wedding: please reread the story - it is not only short, but it clearly explains her rationale.

Keep 'em comin'.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"his Ulysses": According to Homerus, who wrote the story, Ulysses (Odysseus) was male, and Penelope was his waiting wife. Waiting all the way during the the Trojan War.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

Payback's a bitch...

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Stupid bitch, what goes around comes around.......................5 stars

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

I read it again and that is still an excellent story whether it's 750 words or not!

suktisuktiover 1 year ago

Simple but effective. What a bitch!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Brilliant. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice to see someone living by The Golden Rule!

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon12 months ago

Still laughing, loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Loved it

Filled your count with content

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Mostly good but incomplete.

Calico75Calico758 months ago

Another great short, short!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Most excellent metaphors,

FluidswallowerFluidswallower6 months ago

;-) A quick, fun read!! Thanks!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Griscom keeps finding inventive and humorous ways to deliver stories having otherwise repetitive and timeworn themes.

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

Victory!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGriscom@Griscom
Just speaking my truth fictionally while I march to my own kazoo band. For those unhappy with the contents of any story I have submitted, full refunds are available in the lobby after the show. And please note that some of my most enjoyable writing, and some of the stuff tha...