Savior Ch. 18

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I peeled off my gloves, tossing them into the trash as I walked to her car. Inside were three more bags of groceries. I picked them up.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I sat the bags on the kitchen counter.

"I saw them! I was on the way back from the store when I passed Carl on the bridge. I turned around as soon as I could, but I couldn't find them again. They must have pulled off somewhere," she snarled as she put away the refrigerated items.

"Son of a bitch!" I snapped. We couldn't seem to catch a fucking break! "We're getting you one of those cheap prepaid phones so you can call the next time. Did he recognize you?"

"No, I don't think so," she said, her voice flinty. "The car looks completely different now and he didn't pay any attention to me as we passed."

I pulled her into a hug before I kissed her on the forehead. "I know just how you feel. We missed him at OSB too."

"Yeah. I figured as much when you didn't call."

"Don't worry. He can't avoid us forever."

"Maybe, but he was right there! All I had to do was follow him to where he was going! Garrett might have even been there! Maybe I could have... I don't know... something!"

"Maybe," I agreed, "but maybe this is for the best."

She shoved out of my arms. "How can you say that?" she demanded.

"If you'd confronted him, he might have run. Do you think you could have stopped him? There are at least four of them. You're a fighter, but four bikers is a tall order, even for you."

"But he was right there," she murmured as she melted back into my chest. "I could have at least found where they're staying."

I was still holding when Patrick stepped into the kitchen. "Uh-oh. What happened?" he asked softly.

"She passed Carl on the bridge, but by the time she could turn around, she'd lost him," I said as she pulled out of my embrace. The sadness on her face broke my heart.

"Tough break," he whispered.

"Yeah," she said softly, turning away. "That's all I seem to get."

I took her arm and turned her to face me. "Stop. That won't help anything. We'll get Garrett back to you. You have to believe that."

She looked up and graced me with a sad smile. "I try, but it's hard sometimes."

I looked at Patrick, unsure of how to respond.

"Hang in there, Hanna. You have more than thirty good guys on your side. As soon as they get a break, Carl won't stand a chance," he said, his voice warm and full of confidence.

She nodded, but I could tell her disappointment was bitter indeed.

12