Savior Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Now I was going to try to do something even harder. I was going to try to fix myself. Assuming I hadn't pissed everyone off, I was going to take BRMC wives up on their offer of support, and I was going to teach myself to trust again. Not just trust that Rand and the BRMC would help me get Garrett back, but to allow myself to become vulnerable in front of them... and trust them to not hurt me. It was going to be hard. I'd built my walls thick and strong, but as I waited for Rand to return, I was already picking away at them.

I heard the rumble of his bike. I took a deep breath. I wasn't going to apologize to him again. I'd already done that, but starting the moment he stepped through that I door, I was going to start working my ass off to be the woman he deserved.

"How'd it go?" I asked as he stepped into the trailer.

"Not good. They're afraid."

"Who wouldn't be?"

"We're doing all we can!"

I made placating gestures with my hands. I deserved that. I'd been a bitch for two weeks rather than being supportive, but that was changing right the fuck now. "I know. But getting a phone call threatening to kidnap your daughters... I know exactly how that poor woman feels."

He sighed. "I know. We're stretched to the breaking point now. Covering WCHP and Conner's, plus all their wives, plus their kids, we simply don't have the manpower to do that for long."

"Which is probably why the Orcas' are doing it."

"Probably," he agreed.

He'd just returned from pulling his four-hour shift watching the Wells family. Donna Wells had received a phone call while Doug was there, threatening to kidnap her daughters while at school. Donna had freaked out, as any mother would, and it had taken all of Doug's and Bryan's persuasion to keep her from pulling the kids out of school, packing a bag, and leaving town.

"There's only one more week of school, then you won't have to cover that anymore."

"If we can hold it together that long," he said as his phone began to ring. He looked at a moment then tapped the screen to accept the call. "Rand." He paused for a second. "Who's this?" he demanded as he pressed the speaker button on his phone.

"...me speak to Hanna." My heart seized in my chest. It was Carl.

"Not until you tell me who you are."

"Carl Ellerbe."

"Carl! You fucking bastard! Where are you?" he raged. "How'd you get this number?"

"Let me speak to Hanna."

He gripped his phone so tight his knuckled turned white. "She can hear you," he growled.

Try to find out where he is! he mouthed. I nodded.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I wanted to let you know Garrett is sick."

My heart nearly stopped. "Sick how?"

"A cough and a fever. He's been calling for you."

"Where are you? Have you taken him to the doctor?"

"No. I haven't got time for that since that little stunt you pulled in the restaurant."

"Where are you?"

Carl chuckled. "I'm sure your pet gorilla would love to know."

"How'd you get this number? Why are you telling me this?"

"I called your parents and they gave it to me. If you want to see Garrett again, you're going to have to ask me to forgive you."

"Fuck you, Carl!"

"I want you to beg me to forgive you and to take you back. Hey, Champ! You want to say hi to Mommy?"

A young voice coughed. "Mommy?"

"Yes, Punkin?" I thought I was done crying, but tears began to stream down my face.

"When are you coming home?"

"Soon. Mommy will see you soon. Do you know where you are?"

"Daddy's house."

"Where's that? Can you tell Mommy where Daddy's house is so Mommy can come home?"

"It's by the—" I just made out 'park with the ducks,' as Garrett's voice disappeared.

A park? It was something, at least.

"That's enough, Champ. Why don't you go play with Nikki," Carl said taking over the phone. "Go someplace without your bodyguard and give me a call. Our son needs you, and we can talk about you coming home."

"You broke my phone, remember? How am I supposed to call?" I snarled.

"Sucks to be you. You're supposed be so fucking smart. You figure it out."

12