All Comments on 'Second Chance?'

by JimmyThePlunger

Sort by:
  • 132 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I liked it up to the last paragraph. Marriage signifies much more than fidelity. A woman gives her best years, and has kids, with him. The man agrees to work, make a life with her and the children. His reward is access to her body, and a family. But there is much more to it. As they age, they both rely on each other, to take care of and help with each other’s weaknesses. When the man dies( as usually happens first) All their worldly possessions now belong to her. And if she initiated divorce at any time, he will come out the loser.

So... Marriage, in today’s world, is an incredible risk for a man. In this story, and a few others on Lit, it’s like this is no big deal. However, it is, a big deal. This guy basically went sexless during his prime, for a decade, because of the divorce. No way, he remarries her. You might just as well, wrote a story from 1945, early April. Joseph Stalin surrenders to Hitler in his bunker, then throws him a massive birthday party! Both outcomes, are equally outrageous. 2 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Liked the reconciliation for sure. Good story except for the gay daughter. I hate how all the new shows have to have some sort of gay content. I want to watch good shows without that crap.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

who in the world is JANE at the end of chapter four?

orion2bear2orion2bear212 months ago

She still worked for asswipe and he got to keep his marriage

Hiram325Hiram32511 months ago

No hell brought down on the predator...

AllNigherAllNigher11 months ago

I don't get her working for the guy. He seduced her by taking her unknowing to a non existent convention for a duck get. Yes she agreed to it but still .... You'd think as devastated as she supposedly was she would immediately start looking for another job.

Why continue working for a predator that helped you destroy your life? That makes no sense at all. And if your going to win back your husband it seems your want to take the question if a continued affair with him off the table. She knows she isn't sleeping with him... Hey family would naturally assume she was if she still worked there... Especially since she wasn't otherwise dating.

Just_WordsJust_Words11 months ago

That was actually painful to read, but in a good way. I'll never understand a wife like that who so quickly realizes what she has lost, but can't see the risk before. Good writing.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

When you said it was long, I just jumped ahead to see that he got back with her. I'm done. Thanks but no thanks.

someoneothersomeoneother10 months ago

Good story. A 5*. It was both real and interesting with relationships being developed and tested.

oldtwitoldtwit10 months ago

Not bad, a bit oh oh oh , poor me, but nicely done

Hornydevil47Hornydevil4710 months ago

Thank you Jimmy, to me this was a totally realistic story. Sorry that your editing was a bit of a mess. I will not criticise anything as I have written nothing. It is a shame that other people that have written didley_sqat didn't take the same attitude. Stop criticising and try writing something yourself. I believe that this writer is not writing in his native language. Some of the comments are extremely difficult to read because of the errors but they keep on criticising this author and others. Bloody hypocrites. Mel B known as Hornydevil47

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago
Getting better....

The stories are...

mdadaminmdadamin10 months ago

I think that you made a mistake y letting the wife continue working with her lover

whatever she tried to persuade her ex that she is not sleeping with him he will never believe it

she should cut him immediately and told his wife to try to prove that she cut all kinds of relationships with her lover

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Geoff played tiugh man, but he was nothing but a wimp cuck. He even made a point of forcing his wife's stud keeping her close: who says they didn't keep on fucking. Then, disguised under civility and gentlemanry, he kept around the cheater. A weak person, totally dependent.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19819 months ago

He played a tough man but it was a act as stated he was a cuck no self respecting man would have taken her back in his life in any way

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

At the very least Paul's wife should have been written into this story along with his demise, what's fair is fair. Getting over that kind of deceit is forever unforgivable.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The trust issue was more than just in his mind. The lover and his Ex-wife still worked together. However, one wonders that he seemed to facilitate that by his leaving the employment situation intact and not exposing the lover to his wife's wrath. So it was calculated on his part. I'm guessing it was his way of giving himself an out NOT to give into her entreaties. Too bad it failed. It doesn't make him weak to finally reconcile (sort of), but it certainly shows his lack of judgement. He should have just walked away with no further contact, or maybe even moved away to distance himself and find a new love. The old one was untrustworthy. Did she earn forgiveness? Perhaps. But trust, as he put it, Nope. So why get back together?

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

Her love and respect toward her husband was so great it acted as a barricade to infatuation and big cock from outside the marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I liked it and enjoyed it, but on page 2 there was some sort of syntax error or maybe the author had trouble getting the words out correctly. But whatever it was, maybe the author should have re-read it to himself out loud, as it didn't make any sense as written. The 2nd sentence wasn't as bad, but the first seemed unreadable. Sorry, but I had to deduct a point for that and the others that found. Maybe a proof reader would have caught them, but I felt having to back up a full paragraph, the re-reading it to try and understand what was being said takes away from the story. I had to do that several times. In some cases it was just using the wrong word in that spot (not a typo, but a typo still).

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Billshit

She says the sex was great and the Big dick made it stretch and was taking All the time they could together giving him what she did not give her husband.

No one really loves someone And can totally disrespect them like that. B u l l s h i t

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This fantasy that women have with a giant cock is totally unfathomable. I watched a porno the other night with an actor called Shorty Mac. He has a huge cock and is probably one of the dumbest sounding asswipes I have ever seen. His whole dialogue is some getto sounding shit that no one on Earth could find appealing. A huge dildo would have a better vocabulary Also, unless the woman has a pussy the size of mammoth cave, would this giant cock not be uncomfortable. Any woman who would do what she did should fry in hell.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Terrible trope, but I guess after two children and a failure to do the right exercises things got a bit loose and required something more substantial.

Honestly though, it was never trust, trust is an illusion something we use everyday more often than not negatively, as in I always trust that a salesperson is lying to me. Fear is the problem, the fear that if we believe the person they will just cause us pain and shame again. Honestly though, if the person is that good, if you really do love them, then the pain is worth it. Clearly not worth being a knowing 'cuckold', but worth the risk that you're not. The reason that you don't stay with a cheating partner is that you know it's just a matter of time before they actually leave you, and you can trust that to be true because you know you're inadequate. Which is why so many of these stories just don't ring true, they have a cheating wife that protests her love and a fragile ego that refuses to accept that as true because they fear if it's untrue they are scared of risking being hurt again.

Most men are never given the chance to make a relationship whole again, because most women that cheat have packed their bags and already have a new life waiting for them.

It's the cheater men who think they can have their cake and eat it, who take the confidence and safety of already being in a relationship as the springboard to cheat knowing that they've got a compliant wife at home ... we're not in the 1950s anymore and things have changed.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I can’t see this story ending like this. I have a feeling the author watches too much “ lifetime for women”, on his lunch hour. In the real world, people who cheat and get divorced, move on. In the case of this story, Wifey had become a size queen. There is a zero chance, she would have been celibate after the divorce. 3 stars, cause the ending should have come with a warning on the label. “ might cause diabetes” .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I enjoyed your story very much. Sometimes love does conquer all. Eat it all of you morons that think a woman can’t be forgiven and the man kept his man card as well as his human card.

willyk1212willyk12126 months ago

i no its fiction but all this big cock crape is full of it 7 in is very respectable ..if you watch these porno films they only use a third maybe half what they have well known fact all the nerves in the pussy only first 3 in and to go back to her no no no.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good story minus the big penis trope. 7 inches is well above average and should be more than enough to tap her cervix and fill her. Unless he is a crappy lover, which is not what she said to herself early in the story. She in fact that he was a ery good lover. So an extra 2 inches and girth (girth is good sure), made for cosmic sex that she had to have once a month, each time a "conference" weekend? She clearly realized she did something terrible, owned up to it, accepted her fate, got really depressed and committed, and then tried to atone. And certainly her internal thoughts post discovery seem to justify some sort of possible reconciliation.

But....first it is not her choice. Second he doesn't know her thoughts. He isn't a telepath. So this becomes a crap shoot. And that is the problem. He can't tract her because he fears her. They came up with some compromise, but ahe got the best she could hope for. She missed a lot of time with her kids. She lost her husband for almost 6 years. Such is the price of betrayal.

Point is that post discovery it is hard to imagine doing anything better but because of her desecration of trust for the sake of a bigger penis (lol tropey), this is the best result she can achieve.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Awful writing. OP apparently things a comma and a period are interchangeable. Or optional. Or both and neither. Then, there's the whole premise which is based on wholly ridiculous assumptions and plot devices. Sci-Fi/Fantasy ain't got nothing on LW, except the former is supposed to be pushing the boundaries of improbability.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

What is the appeal of having someone stick ANYTHING in your ass (even their tongue)!

Just disgusting!

James G 5James G 5about 1 month ago

Couldn't finish it

Her clear repeated lies that she loved him made it unpalatable

No woman does what did to a man she loves and respects

His nice guy shit and passivity in divorcing shows why she thought so little of him

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Good and interesting story, weird in some ways, but you brought it home.

Forcing the slut to still work with the affair partner was super weird. She should at least have gone to a different agency, demanding a good reference.

I love all the LW sluts who insist they still and always fully loved their husbands, even while cheating.

They need to update their vocabulary, they no longer know, or never knew, what "fully love" or whatever other maximal form of love they claim actually means.

More descriptive sex would be better.

MrGrumpy035MrGrumpy0358 days ago

Best story you have written - 5 stars.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimmyThePlunger@JimmyThePlunger
I'm following over 100 authors, really appreciate everyone's efforts. I try to review stories on the quality of the writing, really don't care what the subject is, if the characters are well written that's good enough for me . Reading the best writers here I understand I'm no...