All Comments on 'Second Time Around'

by olddave51

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
woodrangewoodrangeabout 1 year ago

Excellent story very enjoyable

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

First story! Write some more stories.

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

You did say your dad died earlier in the story, hence he was scared of pregnancy, but yet was there for the birth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What did the bigotry ("fucking United Nations") over the ethicity of the doctors add to the story except to openly express your bigotry?

des911des911about 1 year ago

Thank you for sharing. Nice story and you carried it off well. A couple of inconsistencies, but they are minor. Just ignore any nasty comments and keep writing.

olddave51olddave51about 1 year agoAuthor

Dear Anonymous, RE bigotry I am one of the least bigoted person around. I have 2 biracial stepchildren I have taught Native Americans and Hispanics, all my teaching career, and the whole statement was to explain how there was diversity in the delivery room. At the time I was a new father with my first child and put it bluntly, scared shitless and to this day, I find the humor of having the different ethnicities in the room. if you are so worried about it being bigoted, don't read my stories and we will both be better off for it.

Re: Dad Dying My Birth mom died in my birth My dad Died 3 years after my son was born I'll re read to see if I really messed up.

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodgerabout 1 year ago

A good story for a first submission. After reading both of your stories my suggestion would be to add more emotion, develop the characters more, think with the distaff side of your brain. Add color, flavors and nuance.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userolddave51@olddave51
Non-Drinker, Non-Smoker, Non-drug user At my age I have experienced a lot with love and intimacy. I plan to write about it. With more than two ex-wives and a few Girl Friends. Most of my stories have some truth to them. I tend to use some of the same behaviors, actions in my...