All Comments on 'Secret Santa'

by SisterJezabel

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5

I like this more than the stars story. You have a way of bringing out the backstory. Amazing Jamie turned out so well considering his father.

gordo12gordo12over 3 years ago

Hunky Mcspunky, LOL. That made me laugh and got added to my good lines portfolio!

Great story SisterJ. I enjoyed it thoroughly. 5*

dwoelfledwoelfleover 3 years ago

Fun and touching. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
one line last page, one star

I hate that

ealexerealexerover 3 years ago
Amazing

Another masterpiece just in time for Christmas.

Bh76Bh76over 3 years ago

Nice job!

@Anonymous. You may not know this as a merely anonymous commenter who doesn’t bother to try to write, but authors have no idea how the pages will break out. It’s not shown to us in the preview. For you to rate a story with one star for that sucks and you should be ashamed of yourself.

gordo12gordo12over 3 years ago

@ Anon: "one line last page, one star

I hate that"

That is a format issue with Lit. They have approx 3850 words per page and truncate at the closest period.

The author has absolutely NO CONTROL over that. To vote a good story down to 1* because of that shows your warped personality. Damn near the stupidest comment ever!

rawallacerawallaceover 3 years ago
Correction

After reading the comments and the story I have to agree with Gordo12. I hadn't intended to vote on this story as we are both entered in the contest. But when someone gives a story that deserves easily a four or a five, a one for no really good reason, I can't sit back and do nothing. Therefore, I vote the five I would have voted to begin with to nullify his vote.

beachbum1958beachbum1958over 3 years ago
I agree with gordo12

What a mindlessly petty reason to give such a mean score, one has to wonder about the thought processes of maggots like that. I gave you 5 stars, hopefully it will offset what that moron gave you.

Will

luedonluedonover 3 years ago

Thank you Gordo

.

Your second comment was in the latest comments portal and it drew me to SisterJ's current story.

.

(Anonymous was probably just uninformed rather than stupid. ABierce and I complained bitterly when the administrators removed the ability of authors to adjust page length a few years ago. And now they're stuffing up the comments layout as well with no headings and spacing.)

.

And thanks, SisterJ. I liked this one, a very sweet and gentle romance.

.

Lue

Ps: Watch those wandering apostrophes. "Secret Santa's have been drawn". (Ain't nitpicking fun?)

wapentakewapentakeover 3 years ago

A lovely, well written story. Five stars from me.

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongover 3 years ago

another great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent

A very enjoyable read.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 3 years ago

5 stars from me. This one should be the winner and I normally hate romance.

I wish I could get it to have only one line on a page.

cknthisoutcknthisoutover 3 years ago

Very nice romantic story. I really enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Five stars

Perfect well told great job.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 3 years agoAuthor

Folks, I submitted an edited form fixing some typos and a few grammatical things I found when rereading it myself. Luhansk to the amazing Laurel for making it fit on 4 pages too, thus eliminating the pesky single line on a page! Thanks to all who have read and voted, it means a lot.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago

Nice fun read, loved it.

GinloverGinloverover 3 years ago

What a great story. Loved the secret Santa gifts and a happy ending

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 3 years ago
Great Story!

Lovely romance. I enjoyed this. Your stories are all unique, and I don't think your stories are all formulaic -- so there!

PrincessJezebelPrincessJezebelover 3 years ago
Brilliant!

You did it again, Sister! My undergrad degree is in journalism, so this was especially exciting for me. I've bookmarked a bunch of stories to read, and I didn't realize it was yours until I reached the end. Delightful! Have a lovely Christmas!

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Great Story

Loved it all but especially the Secret Santa gifts by Caz and Jamie to each other.

irvingsmusingsirvingsmusingsover 3 years ago

Your story really captivated me and drew me in. So many clever twists! Really enjoyed it. 5 *

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 3 years ago

My least fave of yours I have read.

I was too often too confused.

It went wrong in the pre-ballet logistics...

Then several times afterward.

Too many characters at the same time?

Some instant-story-forward developments?

To me, it feels like you didn't have an editor on this one?

And some women-will-get-it passages I never translated?

Other than that...:+)) I love your writing...and your YOU, the person!

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 2 years ago

Such a brilliant story! Just the kind of read an incurable romantic wants to savor. Finn

KingCuddleKingCuddleover 2 years ago

HUNKY McSPUNKY????

TOO PERFECT!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Carolyn's father is a bastard, wanting to use her to make a pothead look good, asshole!!

Donna and Anton are trailer park white trash!!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Jamie's father is the sperm for his 'children' - his family dynamics with his parents are horrible because he should cut contact with them!!

The info on hus cheating ex-wife and kids should be leaked to the media but the writer is good to hide this

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A badly written story, one of your worst.

The characters from Donna to Anton to Jamies father and mother were just TRAILER PARK TRASH!!

His manslut father should have been publicly named as the father, another disservice you did to Jamie!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSisterJezabel@SisterJezabel
10 December- "Hey Twister—Letters to my dead twin" has been submitted in the Letters and Transcripts section and should be published in the next few days. It's fairly lengthy (25k words) but can easily be read in sections. I'll be honest- I like romance and happy endings. My...