Secret Santa

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey Donns, how are you? I've got you on speaker whilst I get ready."

"I won't be dancing for a bit. I'm sore, but, hey, could have been worse! You got a hot date?"

"I have to cover the bloody ballet because some bitch broke her ankle!"

"Oh, I thought Jamie was going to do that. I'm glad he asked you."

"Yeah well, my fault for putting on the Secret Santa list that I did ballet."

"What are you wearing?"

"Emerald silk dress. It's backless and I'm trying to decide if I need to--"

"It will be perfect! You're wearing those silver strappy sandals again I hope."

Donna sounded excited for me. I had told her I wanted to branch out in my writing and move away from sport.

"You're still in hospital then?"

"Yeah, they pinned and plated my ankle this afternoon in theatre."

"Let me know when you need a lift tomorrow, I'll take you home, or if you need to camp here for a bit that would be fine too."

"We'll work something out, now go to the ballet and enjoy yourself."

I had tried to mimic Donna's efforts with my eye makeup from the previous evening but could not get the same effect. I copied her advice about lipstick and applied a nude colour again. My hair was playing nice for once and I managed to wrangle it into a low bun with a few tendrils poking out the side.

My plan was to park my car at the office and catch a tram to the Arts Centre. I was running a little later than I had planned, having dropped Trudi back home in the late afternoon. I was leaning over my desk looking for the ticket when I heard a sigh behind me.

"Jamie! You startled me! Nice suit- you got a hot date or something?"

"Yeah. Wow, you look, wow."

"You're meant to be able to use your words in this business, boss! Did you put that ticket on my desk?"

"Sorry, no, I've got our tickets here."

"Our tickets?"

"I usually go to the opera and ballet with Donna. I like a bit of culture, you know!"

I was a little shocked. I had honestly thought I would be attending alone. Jamie looked almost edible in his Dinner Suit. The pleats were so even in his shirt and his shoes were so shiny. It was as if he had stepped out of a male fragrance advertisement.

On the tram ride, I filled Jamie in on my family drama explaining that I had dropped Trudi at home but not gone in to meet my father's girlfriend. Jamie listened with interest and added insightful comments into the situation.

Jamie took my arm through his as we stepped off the tram.

"It's a fundraiser tonight for the Children's Hospital. The dancers performed this week at the hospital for the sick children, you saw Donna's piece I think?"

"I wasn't expecting cameras and a red carpet, that's for sure."

"You'll be fine! You look stunning and I am proud to drape you off my arm for the night."

"I'm not here to be an accessory for you! I'm here to write an honest review."

"And I can't wait to read it. Jonathan, Pamela! Lovely to see you. Jamie Fitzgibbon, two b's, and my stunning partner is Carolyn Harrison. We're both from Online Daily Your one-stop site for all the news you will ever need!"

"Jamie, Carolyn, lovely! Now can you just stand here for a few shots for our mainstream publication..."

Jamie placed his hand around my shoulders and drew me closer to him. My smile was one of shock. I'd never been to such a fundraiser before and was amazed at the attention.

"Lovely, lovely, Jamie, Carolyn, just in a bit closer...Lovely! Now, these shots will be up on our online gallery before the ballet ends."

"You could have warned me!" I scolded Jamie as he passed me a glass of Champagne in the lobby.

"I didn't want you to say no. I was worried you'd have someone else to take, like when you messaged me this morning."

"That was Trudi wanting to come!"

"Oh. I'm sorry. I, um, well, I have been trying to work out for weeks how to get Donna out of tonight and you in."

"So you pushed her off a table?"

"No! Not at all! She honestly fell."

"I suspect if you had told her you wanted to take me, she would have stepped aside."

"You think? The last few events I've been to with her she's wanted to take me home and I've had to set some firm boundaries with her. She's not my type. I mean, she's great at what she does, like her reporting and stuff, but she's not the woman for me."

I still did not know what to make of my boss. It had felt amazing with his arm around my shoulders and then when he had guided me inside with his hand on my back, I thought I was going to faint from the pleasure a simple meeting of skin provided.

"Jamie you sly fox! You managed to get her to come with you after all!" Brad Jenkins was shaking Jamie's hand with a huge grin on his face, "Caz, please let me introduce my wife, Mandy."

"Sorry, Mindy did you say?" I asked over the noise of the crowd, "No, Mandy. Jamie's looking after Mindy for me."

"You haven't met Mindy yet?" Mandy smiled as the men carried on their own conversation.

"Um, no. I'm a little concerned with the flippancy they are both treating this Mindy though. I'm sure she's got feelings about things."

"Honey don't stress. You'll meet Mindy soon enough, I'm sure. Brad and Jamie go back to their teenage years and when they get together one might be mistaken that they are teenagers again."

The bells were chiming telling us to get to our seats. Jamie grabbed my hand as he led the way. I was confused. Whoever Mindy was, Jamie did not appear to treat her well. I wondered how he would treat me if I let him. For all his charm and words about my appearance that evening, at the back of my mind, I knew that the captain of the nation's cricket side at least was encouraging my crush to meet up with this girl from his past.

"The dancer playing Clara is perfect in the role." I told Jamie as we made our way outside at the intermission, "She has the innocence I associate with Clara down pat but can also portray her protection of the nutcracker."

"Perhaps we should both write a review, or better still, write a joint review? I'd be happy to work on it after this with you. Perhaps we could grab a late supper or something?"

The thought of spending more time with Jamie was appealing, but I wondered how the review might work. I was just about to speak when Jamie quickly placed his hand on my back and tried to lead me in another direction.

"Oh no you don't, Jamie. You've been seen and your mother would never forgive you for not saying hello."

"Carolyn, please let me introduce my father, James Fitzgibbon II, known as Bruce. Father, where have you left mother this time? I assume you were chasing some fluff?"

"Jamie, Jamie, Jamie! There are many beautiful women here tonight, but I think you have scored the most charming. Perhaps I should get to know you better, Carolyn, was it?"

Jamie's arm was firmly around my shoulder in what could be assumed as a display of possession. The way Jamie had talked about his father earlier in the week had suggested it was a strained relationship.

"I can see Mother now. Come on, my love, let me introduce you." And Jamie walked away from his father, his arm squeezing my shoulders tightly.

"Jamie, I'm not your love, or your possession, or anything like that and I'm not sure what is going on, but please..."

Jamie drew me in for a hug and I could sense he was almost in tears. "I'm sorry, Caz, I'll, um, try and explain later. Can I introduce you to my Mum at least?"

"That would be lovely," I replied smiling at my boss, but with no idea what had just happened.

Margaret Fitzgibbon was the chair of the hospital auxiliary so it should have been no surprise that she was at the ballet. Jamie introduced us and she seemed a lovely, kind and caring woman who also noticed how well her son brushed up for the evening.

"Don't let your father get to you, Jamie. It's a game to him. We're having supper at the Club afterwards; you are both welcome to join us."

"We have to write the review and I'd like to publish it tonight Mrs Fitzgibbon, just to give the ballet some more publicity. Perhaps another time."

Again, Jamie squeezed my shoulder and again the bells sounded to usher us to our seats for the second Act.

"Thank-you."

"What for?"

"Not asking questions in front of people. I know that inquisitive brain of yours is probably putting two and two together. Funny thing is, the truth can be stranger than fiction, especially when my family is involved, and I doubt many people could imagine what goes on behind my family's doors."

"We're here for the ballet, not family dramas, and I was honest. I want to get more people to come and see it, especially as a percentage of the profits are going to the hospital."

It was a beautiful rendition of the story of The Nutcracker and received a standing ovation.

"Thank you for inviting me, Jamie. It's been years since I've been to the ballet."

"Well, it was you or Politics Paul." Jamie joked with a grin on his face. "Shall we grab something to eat?"

"I'd love to start the review, but I am hungry."

"Delivery it is then. I know you like sushi, do you like Mexican too?"

"As long as there's extra guacamole."

"Extra guac it is then! Shall we go back to the office?"

The tram ride back was quiet. Jamie again sat with his arm around me, but it felt more friendly than at the theatre. He looked deep in thought and I chose not to disturb him.

"Mexican's four minutes away. Why don't you go up and turn on the air con and I'll join you? We could use the boardroom."

In the lift, my thoughts drifted to Jamie. How I longed for him to be in there with me pressed against him, one arm inside my dress caressing a breast, the other rubbing me to orgasm. I had to stop my thoughts from getting away from me. Jamie was my boss, and I was merely an employee getting a job done. He was trying to escape from his parents, and I was an excuse to come back to the office and write the review together.

"Something smells good!" I heard the lift ping as I was grabbing my laptop's power cord.

"Two burritos with extra guac. I got chicken. I hope that's ok. I should have asked."

"I love chicken! Yum! It's been a long time since lunch."

Jamie grabbed some water and came and sat next to me. We worked well together. It was as if we could finish each other's sentences. I heard Jamie's phone ping and he looked at it and looked a little concerned, before getting back to the piece at hand.

"I'm going to the loo. How about you read through it and we put it up tonight. The Kids Hospital needs all the funds it can get and getting extra bums on seats at an excellent ballet is a great way, especially at Christmas."

On my way back I grabbed my bag and could feel my phone vibrating. I noticed a few messages and opened them to look.

'Good on you girl! Hope you are having fun. With all our dramas this week we forgot to talk about you. Max is up feeding for a bit, but no doubt you're busy. He's hot!' I could not understand Suze's message so clicked through to one from Nicki.

'Wow, woman! I've been telling you to go get him! Next time it might be nice to tell your friends before issuing a press release, but you look perfect together. Oh, and I know that look- there won't be a next time!'

"Jamie, I'm missing something. I've got messages from two friends that don't make sense."

"Um, you might want to look at the gallery from tonight on our competitor's homepage."

I was shocked as front and centre on their homepage was a picture of Jamie and me snapped from earlier in the evening with the headline 'This Christmas' IT Couple.' The article spoke of how friendly we appeared at the ballet, how Jamie hardly removed his arm from my shoulder, how we had hugged intimately at intermission and how his parents loved me and looked forward to me being part of the family business.

"Get this, Jamie 'An unnamed source said the owner and editor of an online publication that sought to challenge the mainstream media in this city was "deeply in love and all his Christmases had come at once since meeting this beauty." Harrison is the sister...' Of course, I'm always the bloody sister of Andy fucking Harrison. Why? Why did you do this, Jamie? I'm the laughingstock of the fucking city now."

"You think I had something to do with this?"

"Nicki suggested there was a press release."

"You think I'd issue a press release about you that would lead to an article that talks about my fucking father and ex-wife? Where is it, oh yes, 'the former husband of Channel 4 beauty Skye Chang who left him almost a year ago in questionable circumstances.' You know what those circumstances are, don't you?"

"I have no idea, but I presume it has something to do with Mindy."

"I am going to kill Brad for even mentioning Mindy. Come on then, she's in my apartment; you should come and meet her."

"I don't want to meet Mindy," I screamed, tears flowing down my cheeks. "Just publish the fucking review and I'll see you on Monday."

"You can't drive-- you're too angry."

"That's the pot calling the fucking kettle black! You get home to Mindy and have a nice life."

I stormed down the fire exit stairs and was in my car before Jamie could follow me. I could not tell if I was more angry, upset or embarrassed that there was an article out there that said Jamie and I were a couple. Somehow, I managed to get home in one piece, and I poured myself a large scotch. My phone buzzed and I looked down to see a message from Jamie apologising for any embarrassment I felt.

How could I respond? I wanted to tell him that it was all I ever wanted to have him by my side and that the few hours we had spent at the ballet had been the nicest I had spent in a long time, especially with his arm around me. That although Anton joked that I should give him a blowjob as a secret Santa, I wanted to give him my body and encase his cock inside me as we rode to pleasure together. In my mind, Jamie Fitzgibbon was the most perfect man who walked the earth, and I could never understand how a model such as Skye Chang ever let him go.

'I'm home and I'm fine,' I lied in a message, 'I'm sure this will look better in the morning and we'll be laughing about it by Monday.'

~*~*~*~*~

I tossed and turned as I lay in bed. Purposefully I had switched my phone to silent and I must have drifted off to sleep as the sun came up. When I woke up my phone was full of messages. I had hoped it had all been a dream and yet here were former colleagues pressing me for 'the gossip on my new relationship.' A message from Donna told me I could pick her up before 10, but as it was already afternoon. I hoped she had found someone else to do that. I turned off my phone and decided to do some Christmas shopping online. I figured there were just over two weeks until the big day and I needed to get a wriggle on.

Monday morning, I decided I could not face the office. I presumed Donna would not be in and I did not want to have another run-in with Jamie in front of everyone.

"Are you avoiding him, idiot?" Donna had called me.

"I'm working from home; it's not frowned upon."

"You didn't dial in for morning meeting though."

"I was still asleep," I lied.

"He picked me up from the hospital and looked like shit."

"Why are you telling me this? I'm looking for another job you know."

"Caz, Caz, Caz! He likes you. I know he does!"

"He's already got another woman in his life. Ask him about Mindy. She's probably another model or something."

"Your review was beautiful by the way."

"I haven't read it."

"You should. Anyway, I'm heading in tomorrow to pick up some products that have been delivered for me to review. You'll be at morning meeting?"

"I suppose so."

"Good!"

I hung up from Donna and decided to call Dad and see how he was doing. He was glad to hear from me and didn't even mention Jamie or the article which I am pretty sure he would have seen. Thanking me for all I did for Trudi, he asked me if I would join him for dinner on Friday evening to meet Laura. I agreed and Dad said that he would let Andy and Suze know too. It was nice that he had asked me first and I did appreciate it.

~*~*~*~*~

I slid into the office at 9.05 on Tuesday hoping I had missed the morning meeting. It hadn't started.

"I hope he's in a better mood than yesterday." Politics Paul walked by my desk on the way to the boardroom.

"She doesn't. She had every opportunity on Saturday night to tell me and we just had a huge fight instead. I don't know how much longer I can go on. She's doing my head in." I could hear the conversation Jamie and Anton were having as I went to walk past Jamie's office.

"She does! I know she does! She's told Donna and we've all seen the way you look at each other when the other isn't looking. Have you told her how you feel?"

"I thought I made it obvious with my arm around her shoulders. They were so smooth, and she smelt amazing, like Jasmine. It was intoxicating."

"Well, the gossip columns are full of the news of your relationship and if you don't tell her about Skye then one of them is going to publish, despite your father's legal threats."

I walked into the Boardroom and sat next to Paul. Donna, despite her assurances, was not present. Anton and Jamie walked in and took their seats.

"Caz, Carolyn, I didn't know you were in. Hi!" Jamie smiled my way.

"Well, I seem to think I have a job still so I'm here." I tried to joke back.

I can't remember much from the meeting. Jamie's voice drifted through my ears and there was talk about a political scandal that Paul was on top of.

"Ca, Carolyn, I really need to speak with you about a few things about, um, cricket really. Folks, we'll be out of the office for the rest of the morning at least. I'll be on my phone if you need me."

The others left the room with Anton squeezing my shoulder.

"Um, Carolyn, I, um, we need to get out of here for a bit. Grab your bag and come with me if you can, please."

I had no idea what was happening but did as Jamie had requested. We rode the lift together and I smiled as I remembered my fantasy from Saturday night.

"A smile is good!" Jamie commented as the doors opened.

"I was just thinking back to Saturday night, well, before everything blew up, that's all."

We walked for a bit and made small talk. I told Jamie that I didn't think the review could have been more perfect and he told me the Ballet Director had contacted him to thank us. Arriving at what looked like a modern apartment block, Jamie entered a code in the door and ushered me to a lift. This time it took a few minutes to get to the top floor.

"Wow! What a view!" I exclaimed as I looked out over the city towards the Bay.

"It's not bad, is it. Can I get you a tea, coffee, water?"

"I'm fine thanks. Actually, no, water would be great."

"I'll um, take a seat, I'll be back in a tic."

It was a stunning apartment. There were bookcases filled to the brim and I could see the spines of a variety of tomes including literature, sport and biography. There were photos of young children I assumed to be Kat and Jimmy. The couch was so comfortable I could imagine falling asleep on it.

Jamie came and sat opposite me, plonking a plastic bag from a sports warehouse in front of us along with a glass of water.

"Brad Jenkins is probably my oldest friend. We went to school together and played cricket together from a young age. He had a scholarship to Grammar and, well, it was expected I would go to the same school as my father and grandfather. We both did well at cricket. We were in the same state sides growing up and would spend hours in the nets with me sending down quick balls at him to defend or pretend he was steering towards the boundary. Everyone thought we would both one day play for Australia."

Jamie stopped and took a sip from his crystal glass.

"When we finished school, we went on a cricket tour interstate. We were both 18 and good-looking blokes. But cricket had been our lives. We had no time for girlfriends or anything. But of course, we were still horny teenagers. So, when we were on this tour, we went into a sex shop. And we both bought sex sleeves. Mine was called Matilda, very patriotic I was, however, I, um, left her in the drawer in the hotel we were staying at when we returned and I was, naturally, too embarrassed to see if it had been handed in to lost property, not that it would have of course. Brad's was called Mindy..."