All Comments on 'Selling Ruby'

by DreamingHard

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
tauriredtauriredabout 3 years ago
More setting details please

Would be nice to have setting details - like how world come in this state? how relations works?(she title GIRLFRIEND originally...).

What about transman/transwoman in this setting? (If only women are slaves - trans people are in very interesting situation),etc

CommodorRaptrCommodorRaptrover 2 years ago

This is pretty good. Really enjoyed it. Although I think it would be interesting to see more backstory on how this world came to be. If you're unsure about how to do it I suggest reading some stories regarding the slave grading universe. Many authors write from it. You could write your own version of it too to base off for your future stories.

The main character is very evil and I like it most stories don't dwell into genuinely evil characters and you did. Very unique and daring. Well done!

KansalainenKansalainenover 2 years ago

Marquis de Sade would love it. Fantastic

tongueflattongueflatover 1 year ago

Your story is very good at pushing the cruelty button in the hottest way possible, and it's very well written, I think. The scenario you've plotted out is really well through through, and characters seem built into the world which is really impressive! Personally I don't like the racialized element at all, but if there's one criticism I have that you can really take or leave with a grain of salt it's this: the love stuff is one step too far.

I've read your story a few times now (...lol) and I always have to skim over any of the moments where they say "I love you" or muse about it. I takes me out of the fun part of cruelty and into a non-fun headspace.

Just my two cents! I really hope you write another story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous