Seminal Moments

Story Info
We all have them...sometimes they are very good!
14.9k words
4.68
36.8k
59
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I've always believed that people experience several "seminal moments" in their lives that change their perspective. Some of these moments change a life for the better, such as getting married, or having kids, or maybe even a college degree. Other moments might not be so good, like finding out your husband is a serial abuser, and getting a divorce.

My name is Tiffany. Some of those moments I listed have happened to me. I thought getting married was going to be the best moment in my life, until the birth of my son changed that thought. Then when my ex-husband started abusing me when there started to be problems with his career, the divorce was one of those "good and bad" seminal moments. It was good to get away from him, but being a single mom wasn't what I had planned.

I love my son, and we have worked hard to make it on our own after I kicked his father out and moved on. We've never had lots of material possessions, but we've been able to afford the important things. I'm proud of him for the successes he's had as he matured through the years, and I'm proud of myself for raising an outstanding young man.

But being a single mom has meant that there haven't been a lot of social opportunities for me. I've dated some, but no one really indicated they wanted to take on an instant family, so the opportunities to find another life partner have been slim to none.

I figured the seminal moments in my life were over, and I was honestly good with that. It would be nice to have one special guy that could take care of my needs - including sexual. Finding guys that would be willing for a one-off evening wasn't difficult, but that's not really my style. So more often than not, I'd be by myself, resorting to taking care of my own needs.

I certainly wasn't expecting it when the next seminal moment came along. How it happened completely caught me off guard. But I know that once it happened, I was changed, and not necessarily for the better. In fact, I didn't know what I was going to do about it. But it created a problem, because it was all I could think about.

It started innocently enough. My son Jason had just completed his first year at the local community college. He's always been one to do whatever he can to help others, so he'd been mowing yards in the area for the past four summers. He took care of my small yard, and other people started asking him to work on theirs, and it became a nice way for Jason to make some spending money he could use while he was in school.

His usual pattern was to take care of his clients' yards first, and then when mine needed mowing, he'd usually take care of it in the late afternoon, and often on the weekends. I really didn't pay that much attention to his schedule. I just knew that when the yard needed to be mowed, he would take care of it, and it would look great after he was done.

My seminal moment happened late on a Saturday afternoon. I've told you that I didn't have a lot of gentleman friends since my divorce several years ago, but I did have a couple of other girlfriends that I relied on to help me keep my sanity as a single mom. They were both in the same situation as I, having been left single following their own divorces, although my two current friends have never had children.

We all worked, so usually we would get together on weekends, just to relax and unwind from the previous busy week. One of our favorite activities was to gather at each other's houses to drink some wine and spend time sharing stories and dreams and anything else when we would get together. As the weather warmed into the late spring and summer, we'd often sit outside on the back porch and enjoy ourselves as the late afternoon turned into evening.

That's where we were when my life was changed. It was Saturday, and I was on my porch with my friends Christy and Janice. We were into our third or fourth glass of wine when the back gate to the yard opened and Jason appeared, pushing the mower through so he could take care of the yard. It was no big deal to me, but hearing the sudden gasp of air next to me meant that one of my friends had seen something she didn't expect.

I glanced over to my right and discovered that gasp could have come from either one of them. Both were staring with their mouths open, and the object of their interest was obviously my son Jason. At first, I was amused, thinking that their seeing my son would create a reaction like that. I wondered if they were just being nice to me, making me feel good about the fine young man my son turned out to be.

But the more they watched Jason as he prepared to start the mower, the more I realized that they weren't being kind to me. They were smitten, and they were not trying to hide it at all. Any conversation we were having was halted. They had more important things to think about, and talking could wait for later.

I chuckled to myself. To think that my son could grab the attention of my friends so quickly and strongly was funny to me. I knew Jason was a good kid. He had played sports in high school, and his mowing business certainly helped him stay in shape. I suppose you could call him a good-looking young man, but I never really paid attention to that because he was my son, and no matter what he looked like, he was the main focus of my life once the two of us were by ourselves, and I wanted to make sure he had every opportunity to be successful in life.

Jason had no clue that my two friends were suddenly infatuated with him. So, when he reached for the tail of his t-shirt to pull it up over his head, he also didn't know that my friends could barely contain their excitement. If Jason in shorts and a T-shirt was enough to grab their attention, a shirtless Jason took that to the next level.

When he reached down to grab the starter rope and then rose to pull it, Christy could no longer keep silent. As the mower roared to life, I heard her mutter, "O my god, look at those muscles." I looked at her again in time to see her lick her lips. Another glace to Janice showed me that she approved of Jason's technique of mower starting as well.

I continued to watch them as Jason started on the yard. It was funny to me to look over and watch as their eyes followed his every step, as if they were watching a tennis match in slow motion and following the ball back and forth across the net. So far, they hadn't started touching themselves, but I was sure they were thinking about it.

After a few minutes, I couldn't help myself. I had to say something, even if just to break the tension that was now in the air. I looked over at the two of them and said, "Ladies, are you enjoying the show?"

It was Janice who spoke first. "What do you think? How often do you get your own show put on by a young hunk? I know he's thinking he's mowing your yard, but in my mind, he's out there sweating for me!"

Young hunk? I'd never heard Janice speak like this before, so I shifted to Christy and said, "Do you also think he's a young hunk, as Janice says?"

Without looking away from Jason, Christy replied, "Yes - he would certainly qualify for my definition of a young hunk."

I was surprised - my two best friends were watching my son and saying things about him that never crossed my mind! While it was funny watching them to see how they were reacting to Jason, it was also a little disturbing, perhaps because I certainly wasn't expecting them to suddenly start acting this way.

I watched them as they watched Jason for a few more moments. If I had any doubts about the thoughts in their mind as they watched him, they were erased when Christy sighed and said, "I wonder if he could fit my yard into his schedule?"

Before I could respond, Janice said, "I'd LOVE to fit him into my schedule...over and over and over! Do you think he'd come over and check the trim on my bush?"

Christy giggled and said, "If he wants to trim bushes, I'd grow mine back for him!"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. They were talking about my son, and I was sitting right next to them! Didn't they have any shame?

"Uh...excuse me, ladies...I'm right here, and I can hear everything you are saying!"

That broke Janice out of her trance, and she looked at me with a sheepish smile. "Sorry, Tiff, but have you looked at your son lately? Can you blame us for daydreaming about him? Fuck, Tiffany - he's a god!"

Christy chimed in. "Face it, Tiff - he's got all the features that us lonely 40-something single women want - muscles, muscles, a handsome face, muscles...I mean look at him! Do you see any flaws?"

Their words echoed in my mind as I turned to watch Jason making rounds with the mower in the back yard. And there it was - the next seminal moment in my life, the one I never dreamed I would have. For the first time, I wasn't looking at Jason as my son. Instead, I was looking at him the same way Christy and Janice were, and I was shocked at what I saw.

He was a hunk - an Adonis - a well-crafted physical specimen of youth and muscle and brawn and sweat. Why had I not seen this before? I had been so busy being his mom that I never thought of him as a desirable man. But as I watched him mow, I couldn't deny that fact any longer.

His tan body was glistening in the sweat of the late afternoon. His muscles literally rippled as he steered the mower through the tall grass. I could see the formation of his pecs as he walked toward us, and the layers of muscles in his back as he walked away. I looked at the tightness of his shorts and noticed how well rounded his butt was, which was made more noticeable with each step he took.

I had looked at his face about a million times as he grew up, but right then I noticed how handsome he was. His eyes were a shiny light blue, taking after his father's side of the family (one of the reasons I was initially attracted to his dad). I knew that other factors that made a person attractive - personality, charm, wit, and wisdom - were all strong with him just from being near him nearly every day of his life.

But the moment I knew things had definitely changed was when I looked at the front of his shorts and wondered what they were hiding. It had been a long time since I had seen him naked, and that was just as a mother taking care of her young son. I've never tried to sneak peeks to see what he had. I've always made sure that we both had the individual privacy we needed.

But as I considered that hidden aspect of Jason, I was both aroused and ashamed at the same time. I was not proud of myself at discovering this new perspective of my handsome son. But I couldn't deny that Janice and Christy were not wrong when they called him a hunk.

Jason mowed the last little strip of grass in the middle of the yard and shut off the mower. The three of us watched as he pushed the mower to the shed to store it. He went out through the fence to get the rest of his mowing equipment off the little trailer he pulled behind his truck when he went on his jobs. Once he had put all the mowing equipment away, he shut the shed and turned toward us.

He picked up his discarded shirt off the ground and shook it in front of him to remove any loose grass clippings. I heard another gasp of air to the right of me as his arm muscles danced and rippled while he shook the shirt. He began walking to where we were on the back porch. I heard the chairs rustle as my friends sat up a little straighter in anticipation of Jason getting close.

He stepped up on the porch and came over to me, bending down to give me a kiss on my cheek. He'd done that many times before, but this was the first time that the softness of his lips left an electric tingle on my cheek. He looked over at my friends and said, "Hello, Christy and Janice. You ladies look lovely this evening!"

They smiled as he turned back to me and said, "I'm going in to take a shower, and then after I can help you make dinner." I just nodded my head in agreement as he turned back to the other two and with a smile, said, "Nice to see you again - let me know if you'd like help with your yards."

Jason went through the back door and into the house, but the aura he left behind still burned brightly. Christy quickly stood up and headed down the steps. When she reached the ground, she looked back at us and said, "I've got to go - there's something I need to take care of at home. Bye!"

As Christy slipped out the front gate, Janice and I looked at each other and grinned. Christy was never shy about letting us know that she took care of herself often, so we knew what she was going to take care of at home, even though she didn't come right out and tell us that she was going to masturbate to the image my son presented her. But I knew the effect my new realization of Jason was having on me, so I wasn't surprised that she wanted to get home and do something about it.

Janice said, "Why didn't you tell us that he was this gorgeous young man? Were you afraid to let us know?"

I shook my head. "He's my son - I don't look at him that way. I've watched him grow up, so I've never looked at him like you two horny bitches did today!"

She laughed at me and said, "Well, I tell you - if he weren't the son of my friend, I know I would do whatever I could to see if he'd come over to mow my yard and take alternate payment, if you know what I mean!"

She stood up and made her way down the back steps. Turning back to me, she said, "I think Christy had the right idea. I'm sure I can find something to take care of when I get back home!"

I headed inside into the cool of the house. Our little three-bedroom house wasn't too much, but it was perfect for Jason and me. There just wasn't a lot of extra room, and as I walked through the kitchen, I could hear the water of the shower running on the other side of the kitchen wall. Before this afternoon, I wouldn't have thought anything of it. But since my eyes had been opened, all I could think about was Jason soaping that chiseled body, standing nude under the flow of the showerhead.

I had to stop this. I couldn't let myself think of my son as a sexual object. There was no way anything could happen because he was my son, for god's sake! I'm certainly not the most conservative person in the world, but there were lines I would not cross, and incest was at the top of that list.

And then my traitor mind brought up the image of my son sweating in the late afternoon heat as he mowed the yard, followed by my imagination kicking in and picturing him rinsing his body under the shower, wondering if he got hard as he washed what I'm sure was his beautiful cock. A shiver ran through my body, and for some reason, I headed to my bedroom, shutting the door behind me as I crawled on my bed.

I suddenly felt flush, and my body was heating up as if I had too much sun today. But I knew that wasn't it, and I confirmed it for myself by reaching down between my legs and feeling the heat of a working furnace over the outside of my panties and shorts. Ordinarily when that feeling came over me, I would do what I imagined Christy and Janice were doing right now. But I couldn't while thinking about my son. I couldn't let myself stoop to that level of depravity.

I tried to clear my mind. I grabbed a book from my night table and started reading, although I could not tell you what the book was about. It did help, however, and in about ten minutes the flush had gone, and I felt I could get up again. I knew Jason was going to want dinner, so I put the book down and headed back for the kitchen.

I stepped out into the hall just as Jason was coming out of the bathroom. His hair was still damp and tousled, and all he was wearing was his white towel wrapped around his waist. I've seen him like this before, so it shouldn't have been any big deal. But I couldn't help but glance at his groin area, and I noticed that there was a considerable bulge present. I looked immediately at the floor and headed into the kitchen. I felt the flush color my cheeks again. Damn those two horny women - things were great between me and my son until they brought up their own sexual thoughts about him!

I busied myself with dinner preparations. Jason came walking in about ten minutes after I had seen him in the towel. I resisted looking up at him for a few minutes, but I knew I had to get past this, and since we lived in this small house together, that meant looking at him again as my son and not as a potential sex partner.

I looked up and saw that he had on shorts and a t-shirt - which is what he would normally wear in the spring and summer. I turned back to the food I was making, but when he walked up to me and put his hand on my shoulder, I nearly jumped. He could see and feel the tension and asked, "Mom, are you okay? I didn't mean to scare you."

I looked into those soft blue eyes of his and replied, "I'm fine - I just wasn't expecting it. Why don't you sit down while I finish this up, it won't be much longer."

He shuffled over to the table as I finished making dinner. I had so many things on my mind, and yet I couldn't really talk to him about any of them, even though he was in all those thoughts. I didn't want this to be an uncomfortable dinner just because my mind was in a disgusting and impossible place, so I needed to come up with something to say so that we didn't sit there in silence.

I brought the food over and joined him at the table. We each tossed out idle chit-chat bits and pieces, and the conversation ended up coming back to my friends on the porch with me earlier. It was getting a little edgy, because I really didn't want him to know how lustfully they looked at him as he mowed, but he ended up there anyway.

"I've never really mowed for an audience of sexy women before," he said as he loaded up his fork with another bite.

I nearly choked on the food in my mouth, and once I swallowed it, I replied, "Oh, what do you mean?"

He chuckled and said, "I could tell that all of you were enjoying watching me mow the yard. It may have looked like I wasn't paying attention, but I promise you I could see the expression on their faces, and I knew they were having a good time. Why do you think I took off my shirt?"

I've seriously never considered my son as a sexual creature before this afternoon, but with the thoughts my friends put in my head, and with this revelation that he was performing for us as he mowed, I knew that he'd never be thought of as my little boy again. My son had grown into a man, with the normal cravings and needs a man has.

He was smirking by now, as if he was savoring the power he had over me and my friends. I wondered if he could sense that power now, over me, as we sat at the table? I was trying very hard not to let him see that things had changed between us - at least on my side. But it was a struggle, and it had only been an hour since my eyes had been opened. What was I going to do to handle this going forward? How was I going to be able to control these thoughts and cravings that now plagued me?

So, I couldn't help myself when I continued with the theme of the conversation he had set. "Well...they were mentioning how much they would like to have you come and mow their yards. Apparently, they highly approve of your work."

Jason put his fork down and looked up at me. The smile on his face was as big as I'd seen in a while. I could tell that he knew what the underlying theme of my statement was all about. He thought for a second, and then said, "I think we could work that out. You tell them that I promise they will not be disappointed with my effort."

With that left out in the air, he stood up and took his plate to the sink. He started washing the dishes I had left behind as I prepared dinner, and as I looked back at him, I was enthralled once again at watching the muscles on his arms and back ripple as he washed and dried.

I wanted him. I wanted to know so many things about Jason the man - as many things as I knew about Jason the child as he was growing up. But the things I wanted to know were completely different. I no longer wanted to know what kind of clothes he wanted to wear to school, or what his favorite foods were, or creating opportunities for him to become responsible as he grew. Now my wants for him centered around finding out what Jason the man liked, and what he could do to my body.