Serendipity 05: Happy Birthday, Dads!

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cvandrews
cvandrews
363 Followers

She said he absolutely loved them!

********

Five weeks later, Candace went into labor. She was a week and a half early, and Teddy, who was supposed to be back home in time for the birth, had been delayed by a travel foul-up. Candace called Lauren, and Lauren called the dads and told them that Teddy couldn't be there and would they come.

Without an instant's hesitation, Paul and Daddy drove down, and we all went to the hospital. Dramatically, we arrived at Candace's room just as she was about to be taken into delivery. She was so openly happy to see us, you would have thought it was us having the baby.

Since she was otherwise alone, she asked if Lauren could be there in the delivery room with her. The rest of us waited anxiously in the waiting room until the word came, rather quickly, actually. Delivery was easy, and mother and daughter were doing fine. Oh -- so was Lauren.

When she was back in the room, I took photos of Candace and the baby with Lauren, with me and Lauren, with Paul and Daddy on either side of them, and the nurse took pictures of all of us.

We all took turns staying with Candace and the baby until Teddy arrived on day five. It was like a reunion of long lost family members, except that Lauren was the only one of us who'd ever met Teddy, and that was only one time, more than two years ago.

He fell all over himself thanking us, for -- everything. For being there for her at delivery, for being there and caring for her afterward -- for taking care of her 'special needs' six weeks ago. He's such a great guy, and it's almost impossible how much he cares for her. So much that it could be cloying. Except it's not. It's beautiful.

********

MATT

One evening when Candace and the baby were being well cared for by Janey and Lauren, Teddy suggested that the three guys go out for a drink.

We went to a bar that was far enough from campus to have a reasonable number of grownup clientele. Turns out Ted -- he's only 'Teddy' to Candace -- is pretty much of a soft drink kinda guy, so Paul and I ordered a couple of drafts so we wouldn't get too much out ahead of him.

We made some small talk before our drinks came, and then we made a toast to Candace and little Caleen ("Candace" plus Ted's late mother, "Verleen"). Then the talk turned more serious.

Paul spoke first. "Teddy -- uh, Ted -- we have to tell you. Your girl -- your wife -- is something special. Matt and I fell in love with her. She has such a good heart. You know, she's a gem -- she's something very precious."

Teddy replied, "I know. Known it for more than 10 years. I'm glad you appreciate what it is she has."

"One thing that still puzzles us after all these weeks. Not many men would agree to let their attractive young wives be the birthday present for two older guys. Were you really okay with her spending a night with us? I mean, really?"

Ted smiled a knowing smile. "Look, there's just two questions I ask. First, is it something I'm able to do? And second, will it make Candace happy? If the answer to both is 'Yes,' what more is there to talk about? It obviously made Candace happy. And as far as whether it's something I'm able to do, well, from the pictures I've seen, it looks like you guys did all the heavy lifting."

We laughed and drank to that.

Looks like Ted isn't the only one who has a very special spouse.

********

JANEY, TEN MONTHS LATER

One day Lauren told me that she and Candace and Caleen had met for lunch at the Panera off campus. All were doing well. Teddy's job was going great, and they were really glad to have him back for good. Mom and baby were doing fine, and Candace had been accepted into an internship program at an international engineering consulting firm, with the promise of a full-time job at the end, if she wanted it.

"Oh, and one more thing. Candace said that she and Teddy were hoping to have another baby soon, and she wondered -- if she and Teddy were having trouble like they did the first time, could Matt and Dad be able to help them. She thought that with them plus Teddy, she'd be pregnant in no time."

"What'd you say??"

"Lemme get back to you on that."

* * * * * * * *

PLEASE − Leave your comments -- I'd love to hear what you think about "Serendipity"

- cv andrews

cvandrews
cvandrews
363 Followers