Setting Wife Up With Our Lawn Boy Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I expected Tanner to jump at the chance, but instead he hesitated. "Oh, I dunno, Mr. Long. I've got other yards to get to today. Maybe some other time?"

I was momentarily thrown off. I thought this would be the easy part. Tanner must have been afraid that Amanda would blame him for the intrusion.

"Oh, nonsense. We'll be fast. Besides, I've got an extra bonus for you for doing such a good job all summer. C'mon, let's go." I said, making my way back to the house.

Tanner again hesitated, but finally he followed me towards the house. The two of us crossed onto the porch and then made our way inside. To my surprise, Amanda was nowhere to be seen.

"Amanda...?" I raised my voice questioningly.

"Sorry, I'm upstairs. Had something to take care of!" I heard her yell back from the second floor.

Amanda must have seen us coming. She apparently had decided to hide, rather than risk another encounter with Tanner. I suppressed a sigh. They weren't making this easy for me.

"I've got Tanner here with me! I know you've met, but I wanted to make sure I introduced you two properly. Can you come down for a bit?"

There was a pause.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a sec!" Her voice betrayed no hesitation, but I knew she must have been searching for an excuse to stay hidden.

"It's no problem. Really, Mr. Long." Tanner said, clearly uncomfortable.

"Don't worry about it. She's probably just afraid I'll make fun of her in front of you. Not that I would, of course."

Tanner just grunted. I mentally willed him to shut up and take the gift I was offering.

While we waited, I filled a glass of water for Tanner, which he took and sipped apprehensively. We stood in silence until at long last I heard Amanda make her way back down the stairs.

"Sorry about that, I just remembered I'd left a window open upstairs," she said, as she came to my side and put her arm around me. Trying to emphasize her fidelity in front of Tanner, no doubt.

"No worries, dear," I said, giving her a quick peck on the cheek. "Amanda, this is our hard-working landscaper, Tanner. Tanner, this is my lovely wife, Amanda. Obviously, you two have met before, but now it's official."

They both awkwardly nodded at each other. Well, this was no fun. I was going to need to prod them out of their discomfort quickly. I didn't know how long this moment would last.

"I guess it is a bit silly of me to offer introductions now, isn't it? Amanda, you've probably talked with Tanner more than I have."

Amanda shrugged. "Eh, I don't know about that. He's usually here and gone in no time, as fast of a worker as he is. I pretty much pay him, thank him, and then he's off to the next yard."

"We've still gotten to talk a bit though," Tanner broke in, clearly not appreciating being minimized. "Turns out we have some things in common."

"Oh, yeah? I'm kind of surprised. Amanda doesn't connect with others often. So, you guys share a hobby or something?" I said, playing along innocently.

"Well, kind of..." Tanner began, but Amanda cut him off.

"Tanner had just asked me for some advice about college, since he's got that coming up. He knows I'm a teacher, so I gave him some pointers."

"Oh, nice. Yeah, college is great, Tanner. You'll love it. Nothing like a college party. Or college girls." Seeing Amanda's dirty look, I quickly clarified. "Of course, no college girl could compare to Amanda. I'm a very lucky man, don't you think?"

"Yes, sir. I'm sure Amanda's quite the catch," Tanner said, unable to hide the jealousy in his voice.

"You'll find your own catch in no time," I said, pretending I had misunderstood Tanner's tone. "A hard-working, attractive guy like you? The women will be knocking down your door. Honestly, if you were older, maybe I'd even have to worry about Amanda eyeing you up."

I knew I was pushing my luck, but I couldn't resist. I watched with hidden excitement as my words hit their marks.

Tanner started to speak, but Amanda interrupted him again. "Oh, stop it, Brian. You're embarrassing our guest." Her words were light, but I could sense a warning behind them. "Besides, you know you're the only man that I have eyes for."

Oh, really, Amanda. Was that right? I pushed forward.

"I appreciate the reassurance. But to be fair, that's not one hundred percent true. I do remember you noticing Tanner's abs that one time we drove by him."

"Brian!" Amanda gasped as she stepped away from me, now plainly irritated. "What the hell's wrong with you? Why would you say that?"

Tanner had already heard the story, of course, and he had admitted as much to Amanda when they slept together. Her surprise was obviously feigned... but her anger was not. I had clearly crossed a line. Was my thrill really worth this?

"Sorry, sorry," I quickly apologized. "But you have nothing to be embarrassed about. Tanner's objectively a very nice-looking young man. It's human nature to look."

"Brian, just stop talking. Tanner, I think you should go back outside. I need to talk to Mr. Long in private."

"Wait, don't leave yet, Tanner. I've got your bonus upstairs. I'll be right back."

Before either of them could stop me, I quickly ran up the stairs to the master bedroom where I'd stored some extra cash. After grabbing a handful of bills, I took a deep breath to reorient myself.

I was high on adrenaline. The hidden subtexts to our conversation had made me incredibly heated, despite there being nothing outwardly sexual in it. But I had no way to release it. Best I could hope for was to masturbate to the video of Tanner and Amanda when I had a moment to myself.

But then I had an idea. I had been assuming that the two of them were finished; that this little game of mine was an extra bonus. But what if they didn't have to be finished? Amanda had cut Tanner off out of loyalty to me. But if Amanda was feeling a little disloyal when he was right there, ready to swoop in...

And so, I made a snap decision. I pretended to take a call, raising my voice loud enough to be heard downstairs.

"Hey, this is Brian." I paused, allowing space for my imaginary caller to talk. "You're kidding me. Now? How did that happen? Uh huh. Well, shit, I'll be there in thirty."

With my ruse in play, I raced back down the stairs. Amanda and Tanner were right where I'd left them, standing awkwardly a few feet apart. I quickly handed the money to Tanner before turning to my wife.

"I'm so sorry, honey, but there's been a big fuckup on the project implementation, and they need all hands on deck. I gotta go in, I'm sorry. I'll text you when I'm headed home?" I said, making a show of being overly apologetic.

"Brian, what the fuck." Amanda's tone was ice. "This was supposed to be over with. This is one of our last weekends of the summer together. We're supposed to go out for dinner tonight. Are we gonna miss that now?"

"I don't know, honey. I'm really sorry. This should only take a few hours, but I'll keep you updated, I promise."

I gave her a quick kiss on the cheek, which she accepted stone-faced.

"Tanner, thanks again for your work this summer. Sorry to leave you suddenly like this. I'll see you next weekend?"

"Yeah, Mr. Long, I'll be here."

"Cool. Love you, dear!" I shouted at Amanda as I grabbed my wallet and keys. Amanda yelled back with a half-sincere "love you too", and then I was out the door.

As I got into my car, my heart was pounding. I would have given anything to be able to watch Tanner and Amanda in-person, but there was no helping that. I'd have to settle for retrieving my hidden camera footage later.

But now I had time to kill. After running through some options, I decided to follow-through with my cover story of going to work. There actually was stuff for me to do, and my alibi would be even more solid if I went. Besides, if I didn't have something to distract me, I wasn't sure I could keep myself from sneaking back home for a peek.

My hopes were dashed a short time later though, just after I'd left the neighborhood. My doorbell cam dinged on my phone, and stealing glances at it while driving, I saw that Tanner was leaving the house.

No. No, no, no. What the hell was Tanner doing? I'd given him the perfect setup!

Not believing my eyes, I watched him walk across the porch and back to his lawn equipment. Sure enough, he had gone back to his yard work. I cursed my luck. Now what?

I drove only-half consciously for the next few minutes, running through my options. For better or worse, I was committed to being gone for the next several hours. I tried to think of any way I could salvage my fantasy remotely, but I had nothing. It was done. By the time I pulled into work, I had resigned myself to my failure.

But then my phone received another door cam notification. I rushed to pull up the feed, and once it did, my hopes soared. Tanner had returned.

I knew it was likely nothing; just the last gasp of a failed plan, but it was more than I had a moment ago. I watched with bated breath.

When the door opened, Tanner immediately held up his hands apologetically.

"Amanda, I'm so sorry to bother you, but I really need to use the bathroom. Do you mind? I'll be in and out in a second, and then on my way."

I heard Amanda sigh. "Of course, Tanner. Come on in."

My initial assumption was that this was another of Tanner's ploys, but he really did look uncomfortable at his imposition. Maybe he had pushed his luck too far with Amanda earlier and had gotten burned for it?

I waited, expecting him to return to the door any second, but then one minute passed. And then another. After ten minutes with no Tanner, my body was practically shaking with adrenaline.

Could it be possible? Did Tanner manage to overcome my wife's resistance again, even after being shut down so thoroughly? I knew it was entirely possible that there was an innocent explanation for Tanner's delay, but I didn't believe it. No way Amanda would have let him overstay his welcome so long unless she approved. My mind raced at the possibilities. What could they be up to?

With no way to tell, but in desperate need of release, I left my car and entered my work building. I raced to a bathroom, pulled out my cock, and began to stroke. I'd been hard for a while, but I was so horny, I found it hard to concentrate. Every time I tried to imagine Tanner and Amanda together, I became so high it felt like it cut the blood flow to my brain. I'd have to stop and cool off, but within seconds of every restart I just became unfocused again. I needed something that didn't require concentration.

And so, I pulled up my saved video of Tanner and Amanda's first encounter. It was just as mind-blowing as I'd remembered. I watched again as Amanda finally gave in to Tanner's advances. I saw Tanner push himself inside her for the first time. His quick release at the sheer pleasure her body provided. Their admissions of mutual fantasizing as Amanda masturbated herself to completion. Tanner's erection returning in the meantime. Amanda climbing on top of Tanner, teasing him, and then riding him to exhaustion. Tanner carrying them the rest of the way to a mutual climax.

My orgasm from watching the scene was almost as powerful as the first time; semen pumped out of me for several seconds before I was finally spent. I needed almost a minute to catch my breath; I was simultaneously exhausted and high out of my mind.

Finally, I came back to my senses somewhat. I lingered in the bathroom a bit longer until I was able to release my bladder, and then I headed to my desk, only half aware. I sat like that for some time, before returning to Earth.

Now that I was more level-headed, I turned on my computer and pecked away at the keyboard. Since I was at work anyway, might as well get ahead on some projects. I lost myself in them; it was several minutes before I thought of Tanner and Amanda again, and only then because I received another doorcam alert.

My heart raced again. Tanner was leaving, it appeared. There were no obvious signs of what he'd been up to, but I had a pretty good idea. What other reason would he have had for staying so long? I couldn't wait to get back home and check the cameras to see for myself. Unfortunately, I knew it would likely be Sunday morning—when Amanda slept in—before I had a chance.

I didn't leave work immediately, as tempted as I was. I gave it another thirty minutes before texting Amanda that I was wrapping up and should be able to leave soon. I added that it was still early enough we could probably go out like she'd wanted. She'd just responded with a smiley face emoji.

When I made it home, I looked for any signs of carnal disturbances, but saw none. If something had occurred, Tanner and Amanda had done a good job of hiding it. Amanda herself seemed oddly cheerful considering how cold she'd been when I left, but that was the only thing out of place. When I asked her about it, she said it was because she'd watched a good movie and realized how silly it was to be mad at me.

Dinner was nice. Amanda was outgoing and attentive. If I didn't know better, I'd have assumed everything was normal. Amanda even gave me head once we got home, although she didn't let me have full intercourse with her. She claimed that it was her way of apologizing. I didn't believe her, but Amanda didn't give head often, so I wasn't about to argue. I didn't have much semen left inside me at this point, but fortunately I was able to get hard without trouble.

When we went to bed that night, we seemed to be in a good place. Somehow, I managed to fall asleep quickly.

The next morning, I practically jumped out of bed. It was finally my chance to see what I'd missed out on yesterday. This time, I started by retrieving the bedroom camera along with the other ones upstairs, before going to the first floor. Surprisingly, there was nothing on the upstairs cameras, and although I saw parts of Tanner and Amanda's interactions from several downstairs feeds, the kitchen camera was my real prize.

Here's what had happened:

After I'd departed for work, Tanner and Amanda were alone in the house. At first, neither said a word. After an uncomfortable pause, Tanner finally broke the silence.

"Well, that was extremely awkward."

Amanda just shook her head, her bad mood visible even to the camera. "Tanner, get the fuck out," she said quietly.

"Yeah, sure thing, I'm on my way now." Tanner agreed quickly, sensing Amanda's prickliness.

As I'd seen from the doorbell cam, Tanner left the house and returned to the yard. For her part, Amanda went to the couch and returned to her book, but she barely turned a page. I could see that she was either deep in thought or trying hard to repress her frustration or both.

When Tanner returned to the door several minutes later, the doorbell shocked Amanda back to attention.

Like I'd already seen, Tanner apologetically asked to use the bathroom and Amanda allowed him in. But now I could finally watch what happened next.

Once Tanner had re-entered the house, Amanda silently led him to the guest bathroom downstairs. While Tanner finished his business, she headed to the kitchen and poured herself some coffee. She propped herself up against the kitchen island, appearing deep in thought as she sipped.

Once Tanner exited the bathroom, he headed towards the front door, but Amanda stopped him.

"Tanner, hold on a second. Come here."

Rather than perk up like I would have expected, Tanner entered the kitchen slowly, as if he expected Amanda to snap at him again. He faced Amanda, but at a safe distance.

Words began to tumble from his mouth. "I promise none of this was my idea. You asked me for space, and I gave it to you. I didn't even want to come into the house. Mr. Long asked me to. I tried to..."

"Tanner, you can stop. I'm not mad at you."

Tanner broke off whatever he'd been about to say. "... you're not?"

"No," Amanda sighed. "I'm sorry for being rude to you earlier. The whole situation just put me in a bad mood. Brian's never been like that before, and it got under my skin. But I shouldn't have taken it out on you."

Tanner did perk up a bit now. "It's okay. I didn't take it personally." He offered her his winning smile. "Does this mean we're back on again?" He took a step closer to Amanda, but she put up her hand, signaling him to stop.

"You are persistent, aren't you?" Amanda asked, shaking her head incredulously. "But no, that's not what I was getting at. I just wanted to apologize for my behavior. It wasn't right of me to fuss at you. You were an innocent bystander caught in the crossfire."

"You don't have to apologize to me, Amanda. You know I think the world of you."

Amanda sighed deeply. "Tanner, you've known me for three months. You barely know anything about me. You only like me because I'm a forbidden older woman who let you act out your fantasies. This crush you have on me will flame out as soon as you let it."

"It's not just a crush," Tanner said, face turning serious. "I mean, yeah, you're sexy as hell. But you're also funny, smart, and caring. The fact that you want to stay loyal to Mr. Long despite our obvious connection is proof of that. I may not know your hobbies or what movies you like, but I can see who you are as a person, and you're beautiful, both inside and out."

"Was I beautiful inside and out when I told you to get the fuck out of the house?" Amanda asked, eyebrow raised.

"Yes," Tanner said without missing a beat. "I like a strong woman."

Amanda sighed again. "Tanner, it's flattering as hell that you're so attracted to me, but you know that I love Brian, even if we don't always get along. I don't want to see you hold out for something that's not gonna happen. You'll just end up hurting yourself."

"Don't worry. I'll be fine," Tanner said, walking to the other side of the island from where Amanda was standing. He stared out the kitchen window, facing away from her. "And I know that we'll never actually be together. As you said, you love Mr. Long. And I'm leaving for college in a week. You're a mature woman, and I'm just eighteen. I get it. It just wouldn't work out."

He exhaled deeply. "But I've never met a woman like you before, and it destroys me to know that I may never meet one again. It just seems so unfair to have you in my life but be unable to keep you."

Damn Tanner, I thought. His come-ons were getting better.

Amanda set her coffee on the island and walked over to Tanner's side. She gently took his hand in hers. I could tell she legitimately felt sorry for him.

"Tanner, don't be so down about it. I promise you'll meet the right girl for you. And when you do, she'll blow me out of the water. You'll forget I even exist."

Tanner shook his head, but he smiled and looked her in the eyes. "Amanda, I could never forget you."

Amanda shifted uncomfortably. She let go of Tanner's hand and leaned back against the island, so they were now side by side. When she spoke, she kept her eyes on the floor. "Give it time, Tanner. You will. We've had fun, yes, but we're just a spark that's here one second, gone the next. Crushes can burn hot, but they burn fast. Even if there was a world that we got together—say if I were eighteen and single again—we'd either break up eventually or end up as a boring old couple, just like Brian and me."

"I don't believe you," Tanner said softly as he moved in front of Amanda. He used his hand to tilt her head upwards, forcing her to meet his eyes. "I'd never get bored of you."

"That's not how it works, Tanner," Amanda said, a sharpness to her voice, but she didn't pull away from him. "You wouldn't be able to help it."

"You might be right," he admitted. "But you don't know for sure." He let go of Amanda's chin and ran his hand through her brown hair, seemingly fascinated by it.

"I guess that's true," Amanda breathed lightly. I could see all her carefully constructed boundaries, her re-affirmed loyalty to me, her internal commitments to being a faithful wife.... begin to melt away. Dissolved by Tanner's touch.