All Comments on 'Shadow Runner Ch. 02-03'

by Dragons_Bane

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
TempestBainTempestBainalmost 10 years ago
Meh

The story is good and has potential but no speech marks is really annoying for me making it difficult to understand at times

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Sorry, spelling DOES count…

and punctuation, and capitalization, as well as your attitude toward constructive criticism. ("…but what you think about my grammar IDC!! It is not my problem.")

The effort you put in here, where you enjoy writing, will also help you academically.

You tell a good story, but are you using a beta /proof-reader? I see consistent errors in English mechanics (sentence structure, punctuation, grammar, spelling, etc.). Your meaning is clear, but the errors distract from the story's narrative flow. (I scored high-school essays for an educational-testing firm in the 2000's and apply those standards here.)

May I suggest you ask someone (your English teacher?) to critique a G-rated sample? Also, compare your text to professionally-edited fiction and to high-rated stories on Literotica.

Here are some online resources about English mechanics for fiction writers.

https://sites.google.com/site/faith2wood/Home/essay1

http://sycophanthex.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=45&Itemid=41

http://writingcenter.mcdaniel.edu/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Commas-periods-semicolons-colons.pdf

https://www.google.com/search?q=english+punctuation+for+fiction&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

(My Muse is a proofreader, not a writer. 😇)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
You want to be long-lived as an author?

WARNING!! I write this for my own pleasure and i do like any feedback on this but what you think about my grammar IDC!! It is not my problem.

I strongly advise you of listen to what your readers say if you don´t want to be an author who nobody is reading! If you wish to write this for yourself so be it - but don´t bother to come up with a story on Literotica - there are a lot more good writers who do respect the requests on punctuation and grammar in general. Your comment is just plain stupid and I don´t care for that kind of attitude - it shows a lot of disrespect for us readers.

OtazelOtazelalmost 10 years ago
If you write for your pleasure,

and you don't want feedback, then it would probably be best for you to disable the ability for readers to comment. You can do this by way of tick boxes as you go through the story submission process.

lucianloverlucianloveralmost 10 years ago
Sooooo.......

do you care if I comment about punctuation marks or if I give you just 1 star?

Dragons_BaneDragons_Banealmost 10 years agoAuthor

Ok sorry about the long rant at the top but I got so much hate on the last chapter for it but I do care about the replies and on next chapter(s) submissions I will have it fixed

Thanks,

Dragons_Bane

animeturtleanimeturtleover 9 years ago
I care

I love your story so keep writing, there were errors yes, but it did not detract from the story. I can understand about being busy, but when you are not to busy, please write.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous