Sharecropper's Daughter

Story Info
White landowner falls for the daughter of a sharecropper.
15.1k words
4.78
30.4k
66
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Jay626
Jay626
2,380 Followers

***This is an Historical Interracial Story. If this is not your thing, then pass on this story. This is also an old story that I reworked and changed.***

***This is a copyrighted story. I do not give anyone permission to publish this work outside of Literotica***

Henry Childs watched an old rusty pickup drive down the dirt road that led to his house. The dust kicked up as the truck came toward him, blocking out everything behind it. Henry knew who it was the minute he saw the old beater turn off the road, heading to his house. It was March 1930, and it was planting season.

Now that Henry was eighteen, he was given more responsibility on the family farm. Keeping track of the supplies was now his responsibility. With lower cotton prices, Henry's father was forced to fire some field hands. Three years prior, Henry was also forced to drop out of school to work fulltime on the farm.

Henry knew that this time of year, the colored sharecroppers came to his father to borrow money, andto buy tools and seed for this year's cotton harvest. This year was no different than last year, as he stared at Willie Anderson getting out of his pickup. His daughter Rose stayed in the truck. Henry knew exactly what supplies he was getting and how much the cost was.

Mr. Anderson was a fairly small framed man, only a few inches above five feet, with a farmhand's strength in his large arms. His pleasant and positive attitude always got Henry's father to smile. Sometimes Henry wondered why his father always seemed to make time for him.

Although Mr. Anderson borrowed more money each year, his father continued to loan him more, without question. This year was going to be no different since Henry heard that the weevil attacked his crop again. He knew other farmers complained about the diminished harvest, and figured the Anderson farm was no different.

Henry saw Mr. Anderson at least once a week when he came over to talk with his father. During this time of year, it was all business, and he came today not for a social call. Henry figured that of all of the sharecroppers that were on his father's land, Mr. Anderson visited more than any of them.

The only difference was when it came to collecting supplies, he brought Rose with him. She would always help carry things to the truck and had a fine knowledge of what the farm needed in the way of supplies. Henry knew she didn't work that land, as she was one of the colored girls that did domestic work in the rich white homes.

Mr. Anderson gave a big smile as he spoke. "Is your pa here?"

Henry smiled back and pointed to the stables. When Mr. Anderson saw Henry's father moving around in the stables, he motioned over to Rose to get out of the truck. Rose slowly opened the door and walked over to her father. "Stay here until I am done," he said.

Henry looked over at Rose and then they watched together as her father walked to the barn to talk with Henry's father. They both knew they were going to talk money, and it was not going to be an upbeat conversation.

Rose was a year older than Henry, and he knew her since they were both very little. Their interactions were mostly greetings, but he always knew from a distance who she was. Wearing her hair short and slicked back, she showed off the slim features of her face and her dark brown eyes.

Henry always remembered her as an early developer in the chest department, even with her small frame that was not made for farm life. He also noticed that age had only added to his assessment of her bust size. The patchwork grey dress she wore was very noticeably pushed out by her ample size, making his eyes always wander to it. Her hourglass shape seemed to accent her features as well, and he found himself looking at her as a forbidden desire.

Even though Henry saw Rose everyday as she cut through the back field to walk her little brother Marshall to school, he never struck up any real conversation with her. Fear, mixed with social norms of interacting with a colored girl, made his stares the limit of his social skills.

He always described her in his thoughts as a doll that exemplified what a woman should look like. When he looked at other girls, he used Rose as the measure of what a girl should look like. He knew that this time of year he could get real close to her and study her features, making sure to put them to memory for later use when he was alone.

Henry motioned with his arm for Rose to follow him. "I can help you get your supplies ready."

Rose nonchalantly nodded her head in compliance, and followed Henry to the supply barn where he worked. Henry opened the lock and pulled the double doors open. Once they were open he walked in, and grabbed a clipboard that hung on the side.

Henry read off the supplies that were being taken to the Anderson farm. When the list was finished he walked over to grab a wheel barrel. When he came back with the supplies, Rose looked quite upset. Henry wondered what upset her. He had to ask. "What's wrong?"

Her face showed that she was clearly upset. "This is a quarters of what we normally get. I know you holding back, but we need the stuff if we are gonna pay you back what we owe."

Since being put in charge of the supplies, Henry got accustomed to the power of holding someone else's debt. The sharecroppers had to borrow from him to get their supplies for the year. Henry also collected half of their crops just for using the land that belonged to his father. He liked the feel of the power, too.

He knew she was upset about it, but also knew that his family was going to struggle if they continued lending to a farm that could not pay it back. Henry thought his father was wrong in lending such a large amount of supplies to a family that seemed to be unable to pay it back. He felt that he was doing a good job by giving the Andersons less.

With a slight grin on his face, Henry decided to get something he always wanted. "I can load some extra bags of seed and fertilizer without my pa knowing."

Rose's frown became a big smile, and she replied, excited, "You'd do that just for me?"

Henry knew he had power over her, and could get something from her. The idea now surged within him that his fantasies of her could come true. "I just want something from you is all."

With a puzzled look, Rose shot back "What you want from me?"

Henry fought back the evil grin, and stayed composed. "I want to see your tits."

Once he said it, he felt that the big anxiety he had about talking to her was gone. All those times he wanted to talk to her and held back now faded away as the power he had was giving him confidence. The idea that he would see her brown chest was worth the loss of money, too.

Rose looked ready to slap him. "You be a pervert. I won't do that...I ain't doing that."

The idea she would say no hit him hard, as he felt that the chance of a lifetime was gone and that he would never be able to talk with her normally again. His heart pounded with fear and loss as things would never be the same. As his mind scrambled with what to say, he did feel that he still had power over her.

"I know you need it. Your fields ain't gonna make money this year. Figure next year, you will be off the field."

Not saying a word, she looked at the door and then at him, showing him a solemn, defeated look. When she reached for the top of her dress, he knew he was about to see a pair of breasts for the first time in his life. The joking his friends gave him about not having a girlfriend was all about to end with Rose.

She slipped the top part of her dress down to her stomach to reveal brown skin that still had a bra on. Her skin looked like brown sugar and did not have a flaw to it, as her body type seemed petite and yet strong at the same time.

She reached back, unclasping her bra, and then pulled it away. When her hands moved and her bra was no longer blocking his view, he felt his heart stop beating and his breath did the same. Her breasts looked round and full, and her nipples had a dark, black look to them as they pointed out like mountain caps. Her breasts hung from the weight, but seemed perky at the same time.

Henry's jaw dropped as Rose stood before him with her chest fully exposed. He had never seen a naked woman before, and did not care if it was a colored girl. Her soft, brown skin only made her breasts seem that much bigger to him. Henry's eyes could not be torn away as he stared at the first girl to be naked in front of him. He forgot about demanding to see all of her, and made no comment to Rose as she stopped her dress from falling down even further.

Henry's excitement was short lived as he heard his father calling out. His daze was broken, and he called back "Getting the supplies now!"

Henry quickly loaded up Mr. Anderson's pickup with the extra supplies as Rose got dressed. The whole time he was loading up the supplies, he could see Rose watching him. Her expression of disgust never changed. The image of her topless made him smile in front of her, and only infuriated her more.

As time went by, he still watched her cut through his back field, not saying a word to her. She walked her little brother through his back field almost every day. The colored school was easier to get to when she cut through his fields. The memory of her topless body helped him play with himself every night. When he tried to wave hello, she looked at him and kept walking. In the past, she would at least wave back; now, he just planned for next planting season.

Henry enjoyed the farm life and the privacy it came with. One of the most enjoyable pastimes was racing tractors. Henry knew that his friend William could never win, and bet his month's pay to prove it. Henry was allowed to use the old tractor whenever he wanted, just as long as he did not get it stuck anywhere. Since it was the old tractor, breaking it would not be the end of the world.

Since Henry had so much money on this race, he was going to use his father's new tractor. Both he and William lined up on a makeshift line in the field. A few friends were watching as Henry and William argued about Henry using the newer tractor. As one of their friends moved his arms down to start the race, Henry shifted hard, and quickly took the lead. Henry was now clearly winning. He was so happy that he stood up, and turned around to gloat. The tractor hit something in the field, and threw Henry hard from the seat to the ground.

When he got up from his embarrassing fall, he saw Rose standing right there in front of him. He knew she watched the whole incident and saw that he was racing tractors. His friends ran off: the fear of getting caught was not worth sticking around.

Henry walked around the front of the tractor to see the front wheel was flat, and bent inward. He then looked at Rose smiling, as he knew she was about to tell on him for what happened with the supplies. The fear of getting caught brought his whole world crashing down.

When she walked off without saying a word, he could feel that he was being punished for making her expose her breasts to him. He also knew that the beating his father was going to give him was not the worst of it. The idea of losing responsibility on the farm meant that he could be plowing fields like a hand.

As he walked to the barn to get the old tractor, he thought of the best lie his brain could think of. Saying that he was breaking up some hard clay and he hit something was his best option. Henry knew it was a terrible lie, but telling his father he was racing was out of the question. When he got back with the old tractor, he quickly set up a tow rope. Right before getting on the tractor, his father pulled into the field with the pickup.

With a feeling of hopelessness and fright, Henry waited. When his father got out of the pickup, his face showed no anger. "I told you to be careful of old stumps. I broke my first tractor on a stump in this same field when I was young."

After pulling the tractor back to the barn, and getting everything put away, Henry sat down for supper. When his mother was putting the food on the plate, he heard his father's account of what happened. "Sorry we're late for supper. Willie's daughter Rose told me that Henry hit a stump. He needed help getting the tractor back in the barn."

The rest of the supper -- and the night -- was a blur. He could not figure out why Rose would lie for him. He thought she hated him. He remembered the look on her face when he asked her to reveal her tits, and the anger she showed when he told her that she needed to do it to save her family's farm. The once-proud ego he had from running the supply barn was taken down a notch by a colored girl who saved his skin from a sure lashing at his father's hands.

***

Although he still saw her walk the back fields, facing her was not something he wanted to do. His stares now were only glances as he knew what he did was wrong, and that he was not justified in looking at her like he used to.

The next planting season was at hand, and the price of cotton was still dropping. Being a year older, he was given the whole farm to run when his father was not around. On top of being in charge when his father was away, Henry was in charge of keeping track of cotton sales and shares of cotton owed by each family.

When adjusting the ledgers of how much the sharecroppers gave back, he could see who was the most in debt. It came as no surprise that Mr. Anderson owed the most, but managed to pay back some past debt. It seemed the extra supplies helped out.

When Mr. Anderson pulled up in his pickup, Henry saw that Rose was with him. She looked just as pretty as ever, he felt, but he hated looking at her as it brought back the guilt. She wore the same work dress, with only a few alterations. It took a lot of willpower not to look at her chest as she stepped out of the pickup, too.

Mr. Anderson was just as joyful as ever. They both knew he had a good year, and that Henry's father was going to loan him even more supplies. Henry did not say a word to Rose about what happened, and quietly walked to the supply barn to get their supplies.

When he opened the door, he could see she was following him close, and was as quiet as he was. When he grabbed the clipboard he read off the supplies she was picking up. When he was done reading, Rose quietly nodded her head in agreement.

As Henry loaded the supplies, he felt the urge to thank her. He decided to apologize for what happened last year, too. "Thank you for not saying anything."

Rose smiled at Henry and nodded her head in acceptance of his thank you. Henry was happy that her face did not show anger or disgust. In the back of his head, he still wanted to see more of her, though. Her dress still pushed out from her boobs and her body was something that he desired to see.

As he loaded supplies into the pickup, he put in a few extra bags of seed and fertilizer without marking it on his ledger. When Henry put up the tailgate, Rose spoke up "You didn't have to do that."

With his head down in shame, he walked off, not responding. He wanted to say he was sorry about last year, but just kept silent. He watched as Rose and her father drove off with the supplies. He just reminded himself how pretty her breasts looked the year before, and how she helped him out with her lie.

The following week, Henry spotted Rose cutting through the back field as she walked her brother to school. After waiting for a half hour, he saw her again walking back home. Instead of just waving to say hello, he motioned for her to come over to him.

Rose seemed curious when she walked over, and greeted Henry with "Hello."

With guilt in his heart, he wanted to repay her. Henry decided to give her something. He knew that chickens were always needed on a farm. Knowing their supply list had no chicken feed, he thought they ate their last one. Henry wanted to fix this problem for her. "Follow me, I got something for you."

Henry walked into the barn, and waited for Rose to follow him. When she walked in, he closed the door behind her. "Wait here." When Henry returned, he had five baby chicks in a small box.

"Normally I would keep them, but I know you need them."

Rose had a reserved look on her face when she saw Henry with the chicks. "Thank you, but I reckon you are wanting me to pull my dress down again?"

With a humble look and demeanor, he replied "No, I just want you to have them. I'm powerful sorry I had you do that last year."

With a smile on her face, "I forgive you, and thanks for the chicks."

Henry walked her out of the barn, and watched her walk off the field. As she walked away from his sight, he no longer felt guilty about having her strip the year before. The weight of his guilt was lifted, and he went feeling good about himself once more.

Hearing about his father's trip to Charleston to help with his grandpa was sudden, but it made Henry feel more in control over the farm. He now was in control over everything, with no supervision. Henry knew that his mother had little knowledge of the family's business, and was more into social circles than farm life.

The next day, Henry had to pickup groceries and tools at the store. It was something he enjoyed because it meant he could drive there. Once in the store, he spotted Rose looking at bolts of fabric. She did not see him, and he made no attempt to communicate with her. Instead he went to the pickup area in the back of the store and waited in line.

By the time the old man in front of him was done with his order, he heard the clerk in the front of the store say "Your credit is overextended." Henry looked over to see Rose put down some fabric she was going to buy and walk out, embarrassed. He just knew that the Andersons' credit in the store was refused. Henry thought of helping her out, but she had left in a hurry. When Henry finished buying and loading his truck, he added on the fabric she wanted.

***

Henry waited for Rose to walk home after dropping off her brother at school the next day. When he saw her walking through the back field, he called her over again. This time Henry walked over to the barn and waited for her to come. Without fail, Rose followed him to the barn.

With a curious smile, Rose called out "Hello, Mr. Childs. I heard your pa put you in charge."

Henry waited for Rose to enter the barn before responding. "Please, call me Henry."

"Okay, Henry. My pa tol' me that you are gonna run things till he gets back."

"Until he returns, I have to do everything. But I have something for you."

Henry walked over to an open box, and pulled out the fabric from the general store. "I saw you yesterday, and reckoned you wanted it."

Rose stood there with a shocked and embarrassed look on her face. "I didn't know you saw that. Pa told me I had to wait for the end of the year afore buying anything."

Henry knew that sharecroppers bought very few goods during certain times of the year, or had to wager against the year's crops to pay for it. "I just thought you needed it, and wanted you to have it."

Her smile was wide, as it made him feel it was worth twice as much by giving it away to her. "Thank you so much, Henry, but I don't know I can pay it back this year."

"It's a gift.You don't have to pay it back."

Rose looked up like she had just received a Christmas gift." I don't know what ta say."

She walked over to hug Henry, and give him a kiss on his cheek. Henry responded with a gentle hug. Rose stepped back, and looked at the door of the barn to see if there was anybody there. When she saw that there was nobody in sight, she reached for her dress straps.

Henry knew at that moment she was going to give him something he desired more than anything else. Although he never forgot how beautiful her breasts were, he thought that he was wrong demanding to see them. He also knew that colored girls were off limits to whites.

Jay626
Jay626
2,380 Followers