All Comments on 'She Stopped Speaking to Me'

by dorbb2

Sort by:
  • 337 Comments (Page 2)
Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Generally a good story but the premise is a little outside "reality". I can actually see something like that happen, to some extent, but it would have been prefaced with "I'll talk to you when you tell me...". The first page prose is somewhat "stunted" by frequent use of short sentences. Try varying sentence length and it may help the narrative flow better. I'm giving this a 4 with the premise there will be a part 2 and all will get revealed.

LustyScribeLustyScribeover 3 years ago
Sorry, but...

I can't rate it very high. You took an interesting twist and carried it WAY too far to be even remotely plausible too me. You have decent style as a writer, you just overplayed this novelty. Hope the critique is helpful.

likeboblikebobover 3 years ago

A different approach to the cheating spouse story, it was interesting. I did think the ending left a lot to be desired though. Thank you for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No score...

I cannot score what does not exist. I have no issue with a short story that does not close every aspect of the plot, but these type of silly non-endings merely make me doubt your ability to write one.

As in so many aspects of life, never start what you can't or won't finish.

M

patilliepatillieover 3 years ago
Odd story

your preamble talks of a sequel, or subsequent chapter, once you dream it? How do you know y ou will dream it, I think most people have difficulty calling up dream topics on command.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yeah

I agree with the last anon comment. I didn't really feel like there was much purpose in reading this once I finished it. Maybe a part 2 will make it worthwhile

FamilyGuy1963FamilyGuy1963over 3 years ago

So?

Did you forget to paste the ending into the story?

Can't give any star rating for unfinished work.

Lemmings over the cliff.

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

So a part two may or may not be in the offing unless you have a continuation of the original dream, or was this a simple case of running out of steam.

Why not just admit you wanted to try something different but it was too out there to be sustainable.

The falsely accused husband storyline has been done before and better, you have an uphill struggle to make a second part tie it all together to most readers satisfaction.

Forget waiting for dreamtime to get inspiration, just get on with it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
1 star

Stop the dreams, idiot

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Interesting

Interesting twist but it isn’t anywhere near finished. By itself it scored very low.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Liked

I liked your story, as far as it went. I assume you have another chapter planned, so I will score it when you tell the rest of the story. It is a novel idea and one that I would like to see finished.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WTF

That is it? Did you think not ending the story was the way to go? To bad you had it going pretty well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Joke

This is a joke right? All this BS and no ending in sight, As Mr Biden would say: Come on Man!

Either finish what you start, or quit all together. I don’t, as others here have also noted, find you funny at all.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 3 years ago

WTF

"When it started happening on a regular basis, I became concerned."

Well, what the hell?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hope you plan to finish the story

Otherwise it will be relegated to the trash can of absurdity.

Or, several people will start wanting to complete it themselves and make a travesty out of the whole thing...

ctdansctdansover 3 years ago
I DID ENJOY THE STORY

I like the concept. I mean it is hard to find something unique in this category so you went with her thought of his cheating and him not cheating. Her giving the silent treatment is similar to what I have read before where the wife acts very differently and waits for the confession that never comes.

What I did think was a bit hard to bring into reality was the length of time. I can't see either person going 5 months before breaking. The wife would try a different tact much sooner and a husband would have gone farther to figure this out or just explode and then threaten to leave. Especially since they were fine up to this point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Guess no one read the prequal ?

The author said at the very beginning that they hoped to write the ending as there is an aftermath, and that would be dependent on their dream continuing. So, I will wait for their ending.

Dunny69Dunny69over 3 years ago

I gave it 3 as a gesture for efort but really it was rubbish. The ending alone was enough to give it 1 point. Just wasted 10 minutes of my life which i'll nver get back.

TeggeTeggeover 3 years ago

Great plot and I am looking forward to where it goes from here. :)

MapleMilkMapleMilkover 3 years ago
Need to finish.

Could be a 4 or 5 stars--depends on the rest of the story.

ReddladyReddladyover 3 years ago
Ugh....

Please finish this, or someone else take up the reins.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 3 years ago
This is not a story

I refuse to believe this is it. This is the INTRODUCTION to your story. I'll wait for the next chapter before I cast my vote.

So far, it's definitely intriguing and different, which is good because after a while, 90% of the stories end up the same:

A) Wife cheated. I kicked her out and married a newer, prettier model.

B) My wife cheated and I liked it.

So, you have my curiosity. I look forward to being dazzled by your craft.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

It started really good, the length of time she wouldnt speak, not to mention how long he lived with it, was too much.

And the no ending thing? Not a huge fan of being left on the edge of a cliff.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
PART 1

The title of Part 1 sort of implies that there be a Part 2. Stop bitching that he hasn't posted it yet.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 3 years ago

This should be part one....this is a completely unfinished story. I would really like to get her side of the story and figure out who is was who poisoned her. Interesting premise....finish the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I second "Ugh Unfinished"

As another reviewer said you carried it on a little to long but overall I liked the story at least until the absence of an ending.

Now he is getting calls and no one says anything. Simple he sets up his phone(s) so he only answers calls that provide caller ID.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 3 years ago
Original, unique premise!

Great, unique, original concept.

Her reasoning and reaction to the idea that he was cheating was bizarre. You emphasized that point and made her silent treatment poignant. Otherwise it would not have been so effective. In the end it resulted in divorce. Pretty cool concept.

It wasn't at all realistic and it didn't need to be, it highlighted a bizarre tactic which was a blunder.

The unattributable phone calls... Twilight Zone-like... Connected or not, who's to say? A mystery in a LW story. Neat concept!

hobie1010hobie1010over 3 years ago
You need

To finish it

GrrrilaGrrrilaover 3 years ago
Unfinished

Loved it, and scored it a 5* as I’m going to assume you will complete this at some stage.

You are going to finish it at some stage, right??

njlaurennjlaurenover 3 years ago
Has problems

A unique setup but I agree problematic, to go on so long like this wouldn't happen,the guy would move out after several weeks. Also, if it came down to where he is divorcing her, why would she not reveal why she thinks he cheated,who told her? She had to realize at that point she fucked up but she just says bye?

Her parents were also unbelievable. They obviously knew why she was doing what she was, wouldn't they tell her to talk to hubby and ask her how she thought he was cheating? And everyone else let her humiliate him? I could see women doing that, but men?

The ending of course is the wife who figures out some jackwagon told her he was cheating to get in her pants ( and where did the revelation is was Harry came from?)

The biggest sin is publishing this with a nebulous line like 'I dreamed this, and it is open until i dream again' , that is almost as bad as the artsy fartsy types who say 'you decide' crap.

Rocky62Rocky62over 3 years ago

Part two to come i hope, liked it but wifeys methodology of silence to extract a confession is juvenile. If hubby is correct there is a nefarious 3rd party lurking about. Perhaps he should have planted a recorder or two.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Low score for an incomplete story

My wife and I were talking about that very topic this afternoon - abrupt no ending stories and we both agree we don't care for them at all.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 3 years ago
no finish

no score

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

Yuo have to complete this tale, since as it stands you have left the plot, characters and your readers totally up in the air. To leave it in its present unfinished state is most unfortunate.

jesemmojesemmoover 3 years ago
You left us with no ending.

You created an interesting concept in your story, one that I've never read before, but you let it fall off of a cliff. I can't and won't give it a stamp of approval without a complete story "beginning, middle & end."

VinastodaVinastodaover 3 years ago

I refuse to rate a story that has no ending. I will admit it's different take on the genre. And it's not bad, But there's no conclusion was it his ex-wife, was it someone stalking him that split them up? You just left us hanging. Hopefully you will write a conclusion to this. Then I will give you a score.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lack of communication or miscommunication is a lazy plot device.

This story should be in the Juvenile Delinquent category. Why would the wife be smiling at him if she thought he was a cheating bastard? Why would the wife finally decide to talk to him only after receiving instructions to get a divorce?

Their relationship reads like a tiff between two middle schoolers. And could you signal anything more clearly than that she's been fed a line of shit from some asshole, she's going to allow him to fuck her brains out, maybe knock her up, and then want to reconcile with the husband she abandoned without even confronting or allowing him to defend himself?

Why would anyone want to be married to such an immature and delusional person?

I'm going wait to rate your entire story once I see if you can and how you answer these questions. So far I would give it a 2, only because the dumb ass FINALLY told the bitch to fish or cut bait. Why would any intelligent person put up with this for 5 DAYS, much less 5 months?

Very weird. Thanks for the effort.

Storm113Storm113over 3 years ago
Hope this is only the first chapter!

If there's more it will be a good score. If this is the end then it's a 1*.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

And another thing: How can you prove a negative? The only way to PROVE you didn't cheat is to have unimpeachable witnesses who can account for your whereabouts 24/7 for whatever time period is in question. Other wise the question is always hanging over your head - Okay, you didn't cheat THEN, but what about that other day?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too unfinished

It is difficult to follow multi part stories so often on here, so very disappointing it is not more developed. I may likely miss a part 2 and I was enjoying the concept

dutchcan2dutchcan2over 3 years ago

It sounded interesting but died midsentence with no indication of further chapters

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

This started out like a good story.

Things got to be unbelievable, then what kind of ending was that? Since it has to a fictional story I can let the unbelievable part go, but not the ending.

I'll vote after next part of the story. Thank you.

@sbrooks103, just curious where did it say he had to prove he had not cheated?

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

Some good parts, but only partly good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Generous 3 Stars

Kind of original, so I gave it a generous 3 stars.

If you had just ended it, would have probably gotten 4 stars because from hubby's point of view, what went down went down and the details don't matter.

I assume there is another installment. Might be tricky to craft well. Can't see a fellow who took that road allowing himself to be drug back in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
...

Stupid

ReelflytReelflytover 3 years ago

Not bad at all . Your options for a happy ending or not is worth waiting for . I'm hoping for a happy ending for both .

BigJim48BigJim48over 3 years ago
Stopped....

That's the way I scored this uncompleted story - *1! 5 months without speaking to the spouse - "better man than I am Gunga Din!" Especially in front of friends & family, no way, Jose! 1 month would have been my limit! Is/was another chapter planned?

Mysterious1963Mysterious1963over 3 years ago
Unfinished

Like the other commenters said, try to finish the story to make it plausible.

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
Damn She Stopped Speaking To Him Again***

I guess we will never get an ending because he is not speaking now!!!🤐🤐🤐

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

It’s seems no one wanted to read the brief preamble at the start, the submission was the result of this authors dream or maybe nightmare and apparently we now have to wait till he has another one or two if we want to find out what happens.

Is anyone likely to be holding their breath in anticipation for a continuation or conclusion? I really really doubt it.

Still it’s only this authors forth effort, we live in hope.

C_frommnC_frommnover 3 years ago

Great Start but now what of the Rest. Does who ever put those thoughts in her hear show them selves. Does the Ex show up at a Dinner he is having with another lady show up. and do an Ah Hah moment.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60over 3 years ago

I liked it but then it just stopped. Perhaps 750 more words to let the poor readers know what happened to the wife, did the husband ever get to punch Harry... This story needs closure. Unless the author has deliberately stopped talking to his readers. How ironic!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
finished?

Gave you a 2 because you didn’t finish story prior to posting

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It wasn't a bad story

until the author just stopped.

That's why it gets a 1

A word of advice, dorbb: the next time you start something, finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
It's different

It's not a generic template so it engages me, I'd like to see where this could go please finish this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hope

What a plonker,.... I wish my wife would shut the fk up 🤔😆😆😆

GraywolfofcGraywolfofcover 3 years ago
WTF

No ending No asking the Proper questions of ether side No Him even Mentioning the Person thought to be responsible for the Problem JUST NOTHING?!!! Is there to be a sequel a second Chapter What? If not you the writer have just wasted Our time !!!!

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 3 years ago
lol

moron commenters read the author notes in the beginning dumbasses. ok i loved it simply bc i never seen it here bravo i read probably every LW stories past and present like i said havent read one like this before ty for the read. just hope part 2 doesnt take too long

BogartsBossBogartsBossover 3 years ago
What the hell?

I like suspenseful endings - something to lead me to the next chapter.

This just feels like someone was at the door so you hit send and went for your pizza.

I'll be generous and spot a trey, but probably won't look for a followup.

You'll probably have another delivery at the door.

tellmeagoodstorytellmeagoodstoryover 3 years ago
Get to sleep

Start dreaming this story needs a finish. Good start, I'll be glad to see the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Been there

Mine didn't last as long and didn't end in devorce but I have lived a similar situation and to this day things are not 100 percent. It has been 5 years of limited physical and the last 3 years of even less. I'm to old to start over so that's my life until it ends but please don't let your stories end with out you telling us how it worked out. I am here reading these stories because I live a life through them good and bad, at least it is something to hold on to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Is there a Squel ! ?

The story just stopped, is there a squeal as this theme is a pretty good story so far !

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
sad

It's not a dream - I lived this exact scenario!

Smokepole

cumonvickycumonvickyover 3 years ago

Contrary to the majority of comments, I think the ending is just about perfect. We have all been left desperate to know what happens next, and have been promised this in due course. It's an interesting tale, and follows a road I haven't seen on here before.

Looking forward to part two, hopefully sooner rather than later.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

I'm waiting for the sequel where it will be explained who lied to the Ex-Wife and who calls him now.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
I can only imagine the “ghost” on the other end of the phone...

...is wife being “silent” again, just wanting to hear his voice. But that really is a bit of a stupid “Lost” (the TV series) end.

Compared to authors other stories, the end here is just SO up in the air, I have to conclude this was Part 1, and there is a Part 2 on the way.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Slow

Slow to move,after a maximum of a monthofof the silent treatment ,he should have told her to explain herself and if she didn't he was leaving.If she refused he should then leave.

prkinprkinover 3 years ago

Would like to read the next part soon.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years ago

Where’s Part 2?

We need to know who the Silent Wife’s source was, who is now calling, how did they find out where Greg lives and his new cell phone number, and what was the point of this new silent treatment?

If this is a standalone story and all the clues to reach a conclusion are already in the story, then the silent calls are most likely from his silent Ex-wife, but why would she still continue this barrage of silence long after their marriage was over?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I hope there is a sequel.

This is good, though it feels kind of incomplete. I hope there is a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
FTDS

FTDS

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Incomplete

If I could give this a -20*, I would. You should have identified this as part 1 of ? Do you also sell used cars or junk bonds?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Unfinished

Is there a part two? could use a part 2

Omart57Omart57over 3 years ago
Not bad.

Hoping for a second part to finish everything.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Needs to be a part 2 - ending of part 1 sucked big time.

kamdev99008kamdev99008about 3 years ago

Where is the rest of the story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Should never have submittted it

Very bad. This a work in progress that should never have been submitted until there was more of the story OR additional chapters. Rating is ZERO

justwetwojustwetwoabout 3 years ago

Looking forward to the next bit. Please finish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Where's the ending??

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Please do a part 2

This was a fresh concept and you really built it out well to engage. I’d personally love to see the continuation of the story. Thank you for your submissions!

TooSmallDaveTooSmallDaveabout 3 years ago

Wonderful. This almost has the feel of a good ghost story. Full of suppressed emotion. It's actually heartbreaking. It's left me wanting more, hoping it can be resolved somehow but I do believe some stories are best left unresolved.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

WOW!! Talk about deja vu . Had a similar issue years ago but I only lasted 3 days with silent treatment. I am interested in seeing how this gets resolved. Keep up the the good work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Like others had said, at "the talk" ask her to produce the evidence. When she can't tell her point blank that you suspect it was Henry so if you haven't already been having sex with henry, or being intimate, now that he knows I am gone he will be there to comfort you, unless he hasn't;t already moved in. Now you know who set me up.

Enjoy your life. End the story.

As for the calls with no one there, didn't he disconnect his old phone? Who would have the new number?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Liked the story, the plot and how it is a bit different from the usual storyline. However I agree it needs at least another full chapter to close it out.

I consider you write well and its easy to read, all a good sign for a writer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

No ending.Why don't you finish the story.

DazzyDDazzyDabout 3 years ago

I have never given a one...but you are the first! FINISH THE STORY. Made me unhappy...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I liked the story, but it needs to another chapter to complete the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

End the story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This may be the stupidest ending on a story yet, and considering JPB has written hundreds of stories with no ending..... impressive!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

intriguing...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Only if...

Intriguing is another word for ridiculous

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He is better off gone like he did. If no-one told him what she stopped speaking then obviously they all were her friends and not his. And why not bring up Harry? Just tell her straight out that if he is the one to talk and comfort her now then he is the one that drove them apart.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There’s no ending to this story, would be great if there was more to it or set her up to believe her husband was chea so he could fight back

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

She was mental. He made the right choice.

lukeshortlukeshortalmost 3 years ago
Incomplete

This story was posted on 01/19/21. The story just stopped. No ending. No indication of a continuation. Horrible job. Wish I could give a negative rating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a crappy ending, or rather incomplete ending.

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 3 years ago

Damn, I never saw the friggin train coming, and it ran over me !!!

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81almost 3 years ago

People in general have this here issue. They trust far too quickly in the words of others rather than trusting their spouse. Much of it is brought on by jealousy or lust; to plant a seed of doubt and take advantage of the chaos that often ensures.

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 3 years ago

Revised my score down since the story has not been finished.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous