All Comments on 'She Stopped Speaking to Me'

by dorbb2

Sort by:
  • 337 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

So, is this it? If so I will NEVER read anything by you again! If it isn't then you should let someone know its a multi part story and if it is, why would you only write 2 pages. Either way, this is total bullshit.

appaloosa1453appaloosa1453over 3 years ago

Wtf kind of ending is that?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Confused

Change months to weeks in your story. Too long for a rational person to accept the silence.

Is it her calling in the end? The person who broke them up? Maybe seems like clever ending as you wrote it but is annoying for reader.

PeckingChickenPeckingChickenover 3 years ago

I thought the premise was a little silly... but the little twist at the end was terrific.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 3 years ago

does anyone know if the author is like fucking retarded ? Imagine for a second that this story is real -- Why would a husband or a wife allow their spouse to go about doing this lack of communication thing for several months before taking any action?

why would you even think about going out with your wife if she's not talking to you?

Why would you even think about going to a friend's house and meeting other people at a party if she talks to everybody else but she won't talk to you?

why would you go 5 months and never talk to her parents?

and why would you allow that kind of behavior for five months before you do anything?

why doesn't husband say at some point -- I have found another job. If you do not talk to me this evening I am moving out of the house and getting a divorce. Something has happened to you which has destroyed us BUT because you won't talk to me there is no way to solve the problem and since you don't want to solve the problem I am leaving

mmbny47mmbny47over 3 years ago

Is that it? It was a good story up to where you left us hanging. It this is the end of part ! you could have said so.

Talk about not speaking!!!

I won't bother reading any more of you stories if that's how you finish them.!

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

An interesting premise for a story, but you left everything unanswered. There wasn't much point in posting this when there's no resolution as to why the wife stopped talking to him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
FTDS

You had a 5, but leaving the reader hanging knocked it down.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 3 years ago
Seriously? No one would talk to him about her actions?

No one called her out on it? And the in laws never once questioned why they came or left in sepeeste vehicles, why they never spoke?

For 5 months she didn’t say one word to him and we’re expected to believe that she still loves him? She has mental health issues and getting out was the best thing for him.

Although, why he didn’t tell her he was leaving is equally beyond me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Crappy way

This was a crappy way to end this part of the story. No cliffhanger, no nothing.

VeracityHeterodyneVeracityHeterodyneover 3 years ago
Interesting story

I hope there is a part two.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Fair story, but the ending really sucked. I guess she's distraught over the divorce being her fault and wants to get back together. He should block those calls and/or change his phone number. Her stubbornness and stupidity destroyed the marriage. Hopefully she never finds anyone that would qualify as a decent partner.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No sense at all

This story makes no sense, and this is not an open ending, this is just stupid.

waifwaifover 3 years ago
HUH?

Totally abrupt ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Your story reads like a Primary School reader

See spot

See spot run

Run spot run

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Half a story = half rating.

While the story is a little stiff, it was not too bad. The problem is the story was left hanging. This is very much disliked here!!!

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Ok. You got me hooked. Lots of original stuff — maybe new tropes to LW.

When’s the next installment?

I don’t usually rate unfinished stories (I don’t know how many have started terrific, then totally fallen down in the last chapter), but this so original and the storyline (so far) so interesting that I give it a preliminary 4-stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Couple of issues

You don't wait five months before addressing the lack of communication with your spouse. Nobody is THAT stupid. You tell them that you are getting a divorce if they don't agree to counseling or some other form of help. And it's obvious none of their friends were his friends or someone would have told him what was going on. So he needs new friends. Next - they call it no-fault for a reason. Since no kids are involved all he needs to do is file and let the divorce filter it's way thru the Court system. His attorney can handle everything and he never needs to show up in Court or talk to his wife again. If you need help with the ending to your "dream" read "Ohio's" fine story - "The Silent Treatment". The husband doesn't remain silent for 5 months but the idea is the same. Good thing about that story? It has an ending. All he needed to do in the end is change his phone number. I HATE unfinished stories.

1 star

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747over 3 years ago

This is an interesting story, but it just stopped, it’s not finished!

MasterpuppyMasterpuppyover 3 years ago
Ok

Where is the rest of it

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

crap ending

in the future wait until you have an ending to post

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

part 2 please want to know what happens soon

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 3 years ago
Strange

The writing was ok but the protagonists acted like retarded 2 year olds.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice

I enjoyed it. I guess there's a Ch. 2 with the way you ended (stopped) your story. Wonder if there really spouses like that? I know a friend or 2 who just stopped talking to me with no reason at all, so I also did to them till they were the ones who started to talk to me again but they didn't apologize or explain and my reaction was non-committal don't care why they did it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
And now what?

If you are planning to continue, you should indicate accordingly. Otherwise, this is just another tale of woe without an ending.

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaover 3 years ago
I like this...

I like the storyline, the characters are well written, and got just enough betrayal to keep it Interesting. Not sure where this is going but it really needs another chapter so we can find out. Apparently, She listened to an outside source instead of confronting her husband about his so-called affair. She should have done or said something after the first couple of weeks but she was too mad and stubborn to do so. He even ASKED her what was going on and she kept quiet, so all of this falls on her not him. My question to all is WHY didn't any of their "friends" give him an answer when he asked them what was up. Nicely done and am looking forward to the next chapter. 4/5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
And????

Any man with balls would have given that a week at most and then spanked her or put her on the bus. Interesting premise. No completion.

MedicalpeteMedicalpeteover 3 years ago

I really dislike reading a story that I enjoy, then getting to end of the story and find that it isn’t!

Baldy74Baldy74over 3 years ago

Very good. Definitely needs a sequel, as I think there is more to come from Jane. I hope your planning on doing one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good

Interesting and unusual premise but stoped abruptly. Nice job

StreetdogStreetdogover 3 years ago
Duh

Where is the rest of the story?

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleover 3 years ago

DIFFERENT

A different story tol well.

I'm looking forward to the sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
what an ass...

who made u think u can write....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bizzare...

...technically he did cheat with those ladies after he moved. He was still married. This just seems so unrealistic. Thanx...

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
PART 2 ?

Continuation ? Part 2 ? Very Incomplete!

StreetdogStreetdogover 3 years ago
1 Star

Where is the rest of the story

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 3 years ago

Ok, is that it? Stopping in mid sentence?

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

Her behaviour was childish, but it made for an intriguing setup. But after all that drama, it felt quite rushed and unresolved in the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
curious

i will be looking for next installment-there are so many options from here

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
WHO IS THE MYSTERIOUS CALLER

should I get a new unlisted, unpub# or cancel service and live off the cell or have police and phone co look for a stalker and they/she is still not talking, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The Ending sucked. Fuck off.

You end a story, about as well as your protagonist ends a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stop speaking

Yes, you just did the same thing. No notation that there will be another chapter, just stopped

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

interesting concept but story goes silent.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
she got what she asked for or wanted

she listened to everybody but him and now his life is fine and hers sucks. And now you want to talk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

More than a little intriguing, but since you've not stated when, or even if, you'll ever finish it, a 3 is the absolute best I can give you. You're seriously waiting for another dream???

If you need multiple chapters or parts to complete a story, it's best if you write the whole thing before starting the process of having the different sections posted, one right after the other. It's the polite thing to do for your readers.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 3 years ago
Interesting story angle.

My only issues were around why the husband would put up with no talking from his wife for more than a few days. Then, her parents refusing to either help you or explain to you why the "no talk" from their daughter. Same with their friends. After a week I would have drawn the line and brought things to a head. Either talk, or separate. Followed by divorce. But for this guy to put up with it for four or five months! Ridiculous. Possibly there is some curiousity about the phone call hang-ups but not enough to re-establish any relationship with his former wife.

orater1orater1over 3 years ago
Guessing

I have never really appreciate the "A.Hitchcock" type endings so - I'm hoping there's a follow-on or sequel. Your writing is enjoyable and looking forward to (as an old-time radio announcer would say "...the rest of the story."

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
AND THEN??????

To stop this tale at this point is annoying, frustrating and absolutely inexcusable for a person wishing to be considered a storyteller or author. Since you, all but, invited someone to conclude this partial story I would love to see what Ephesus14 or Saddletramp1956 would do with it. Perhaps some of the writers who took on G.A.'s "February Sucks" might pick up the gauntlet but the way this has been left there seems little doubt that a 'wannabe' seducer has fake pictures or ulterior motives which might be uncovered in time. That has already been done and I don't forsee any better conclusion. I'd love to see what one, or more, of the fine female writers on this site could do with it. Thank You, I gave it 4* for the premise and execution to this truncated 'conclusion'

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

It certainly got my curiosity going. This concept of a stalling relationship that lacked trust but totally without communication is new to me. Two people living together but not speaking for 5 months requires some suspending disbelief. So, I hope you or someone will complete the story because it has some much to report about two people who just fell out of the relationship for no good reason.

Thanks for the story.

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

Sorry, but that's not a good story for me. A woman who doesn't speak to her husband and who can put up with it for 5 months? Either you are in a circle of people who are all off the track or your imagination and you are off the track. Which fool would accept 5 months of silence and a lack of intimacy? Every normal man would react after three days at the latest and the divorce papers would be on the table after a month at the latest! Sorry, but for me this is 2 * in the best case !!

Tiger27Tiger27over 3 years ago

Good start, now lets see anther chapter or a finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
If your going to......

Write the whole story before you submit. If this is the whole story get some ADD or ADHD medication. I hate incomplete.........

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Weird!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
VERY GOOD SO FAR

finish this one out please .liking the suspense. Pretty cool novel way to make a story 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Enjoyable read .

I think another page and we could have had a conclusion .

Hopefully , you will continue . Has the makings of a good two part story .

RePhilRePhilover 3 years ago
5 months!!!!

Seriously? What a loser. Great writing well paced and clear. Will score and like after final chapter

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago
You took an interesting plot idea and

proceeded to butcher it. I had to read some of your sentences a second time to determine what you were trying to say. The silent treatment was done very effectively by Ohio. This one goes no where. There is a lot of strange behavior. I would think he would spend at least one day speaking to wife's friends and relatives in an attempt to get to the bottom of the problem. I do agree there is no reason to remain in a non-relationship with her. Nice idea, but the presentation needs some polishing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice start!

BUT!!!, If you don't continue this.... YOU ARE GOING TO RUIN GOOD STORY!!!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
4*s

Good story. Entertaining and original. Thank you very much dorbb2.

Only one question is left ❓

Alfred Hitchcock or The Twilight Show.......

....... I'm

AMerryman

HikingThruHikingThruover 3 years ago
More hanging chad.......

...if an author plans for more chapters, then the first part should be labeled Ch. 01.

Leaving it hanging with no ending or "to be continued" is inconsiderate. And I agree with others' comments about putting up with silence for five months. Not feasible in the least. I'd think more men would file for divorce citing cruelty in under one month.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Bad ending

Would have been a 3, or maybe 4, but after that crappy ending it got a 1.

mrfox_stingermrfox_stingerover 3 years ago
Dear Author

Please, this story deserves a part 2. You need to make a closure for this. Ignore the Anonymous commentors. They are like Jane. They are afraid to confront there fear. Don't keep us hanging.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 3 years ago

No score yet. Waiting to see what chapter 2 brings us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
He should have called it out as Harry

He should have said he knows about Harry just see her reaction. Then he would know for certain that Harry wants her and was behind her behavior. It doesn't matter really as divorce is the answer but maybe he can ruin Harry's chance.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago
The story worked well

I can imagine someone doing something like this, suddenly stopping talking to their spouse for a variety of reasons.

I gave it a 5* score, but I feel that the only flaw, if it can be called a flaw, was the sudden introduction of "Harry" into the story. Perhaps a clue to his exitance could have been dropped earlier on?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stupid

This is far and away the stupidest story I've ever read at Literotica --- and that's saying something! 1*

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Finish the damned story!!!!

There is obviously more to it’ll

Scores 3/5

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
I hope there is a part 2.

That was interesting. I'd like to hear about who is on the line (I assume the ex-wife) and what she has learned since. Not speaking is just not living and it's a juvenile way to address a problem. I sympathize with him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I'll withhold scoring until there's either a follow up or you state that this is it.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
Premise is good, but . . .

. . . the execution is poor. She had to have told someone that she thought he was cheating, and someone would have gotten that information back to him.

More, in all of those five months that he was at least talking to her, he never brought up his concern she was cheating on him, or said that he hadn’t done anything wrong to deserve that?

amygdalaamygdalaover 3 years ago

Is there a second part to this?

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago

Something new! Thank you.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

Only a 3 as it seemed there was no full closure. Still scratching my head as to the ending.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 3 years ago
More holes than substance

Yep, the ending, what there was to it, sucked.

Five months without speaking was the line? For most people it would probably be five days.

And Duffus just keeps plodding along and does nothing to get to the bottom of the problem. After five months Duffus says “gosh darn, I don’t like this. I think I’ll leave”.

What an engaging and riveting story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I don’t usually complain about stories that seem unfinished. In most cases, the authors have set out enough information that one can posit his own conclusions. I mean, in a story where the wife screws 500 guys, gives her husband an STD and gives birth to a baby that’s a different race than either of them, you pretty much know the results without the author having to spell everything out. That’s not the case here. Things are laid out and then.....poof.....the story simply ends. It’s a cliffhanger for which there’s no indication there’s going to be a Season 2. And there’s not enough in the information that’s been laid out to give the reader the chance to end the story.

Five stars for an excellent plot and premise, but one star for not finishing it up, so overall a three star effort.

A conclusion would be most welcomed..

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Was a good read but you really need to finish it.

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

Decent as written if it was a bit clinical. Hope there is a chanter 2 for this.

What I did find interesting is the complete lack of interaction with friend, family, and any others who knew them. If my other half stopped talking to me in entirety for that long, most wuld realize and questions would be plentiful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I agree with Harry and most of the comments

Apparently, many of those that offered comments about the non-ending did not note that the author stated up front that he didn't have an ending and MIGHT offer up an ending if he had another dream.

Autofan who can log in on the member page but not this pagel

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

and.... the rest of the story?

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 3 years ago

Great story so far

As much as I usually dislike RAAC stories, I can clearly see Jane packing up and moving to try and salvage their relationship. A bit of violence towards Harry wouldn't be bad either. Bring it on bro, show us your chops!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Perfect wife!

He had the perfect wife and blew it. Just imagine coming home after a hard day at work, to find peace and quiet. No nagging, no bitching. do what you want when you want and where you want. Watch three games on Sunday, and never hear "Are you going to watch football all day"? How about that New Harley TriGlide, that new Ford truck. Now for the no sex. If the wife stops putting out, get it else where. No I'm not a advocate of cheating, BUT if one spouse stops the Intimacy the other should not be forced to go with out. This goes both ways. BUT I've know very few men who cut their wife off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I find your writing quite stilted, the dialogue doesn't feel natural at all. Note that you shouldn't close speech marks until the speaker has finished talking, even across paragraphs, you don't close, just use the opening at the start of each para. It makes it so much easier to keep track of who is saying what.

When talking to her parents he was insistent that she must have had sex in the 5 months when he had remained dry, twice. Why is it believable that a man can go dry but not a woman? I'd suggest the other way round would be more credible.

There's no need to have HARRY in all caps.

You say this was a dream and there may be a follow up, you could have closed off this story before the final phone calls and it would have been self contained. If you got sorted to conclude it, then you could have started with the calls. Now you have to write a conclusion or the story will remain unfinished. Or was it your plan to get a whole bunch of others writing it for you?

It's an intriguing start, but I think you could polish your style and make it read smoother. Keep going but do a little research on writing skills and you'll soon be doing some really good stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Blind

There is no question she is screwing someone else. He's the one who told her he cheated. If this idiot goes back he is a fool and if he doesn't extract revenge on this guy he is a bigger idiot.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Other people knew why and wouldn't tell him? I'd tell them to go fuck themselves!

/

She never accused him of cheating to his face, now he has to prove that he didn't cheat before she'll take him back? Wouldn't she have to kick him out in order to take him back? He left on his own, the burden is on HER to convince him to come back.

/

Should have just ended with the divorce, or have been labeled chapter one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Can we talk?

OK...points for attempting a unique twist on much travelled ground.

But....the guy was just mind numbingly dumb. When wife stopped talking, she did NOT, according to YOU, stop communicating via text, email, or paper and pen. So why didn’t this boob interrogate the wife using one or more of these means?

Why didn’t he talk to the in-laws “he liked” within a week or two?

Why didn’t he talk to mutual friends? Or even just her friends?

Sorry....the gimmick you used may have superficially seemed clever....but it really wasn’t.

And of course...your ending just fell flat.

2** for the attempt.

OPrimeOPrimeover 3 years ago
Well

Part of a story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
He stopped writing to me.

Goodbye

Martyr2002Martyr2002over 3 years ago
Interesting story

Needs another page or two of text for a conclusion or a chapter 2 to carry on from a different angle. Like now he has to go back and rescue Jane from a terrible situation.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Not Again

You're a decent writer but your stories are so far out in left field that it takes the pleasure out of reading them. She doesn't say a word to her husband in 5 months?? Actually this isn't even in left field it's at the end of the parking lot behind left field. Then you leave it hanging at the end. WTF!! I'm reading the comments on your stories before I waste my time again reading one.

KoxokKoxokover 3 years ago

He put up with her for too long. I don’t think her parents or their “friends” were good people to be around and I wouldn’t have told them they were good parents if they saw him on a regular basis over 5 months and witnessed her behavior.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
without an end

the story is not logical OR COMPLETE; it is not related to how people react. She would never continue everything but talk.

KRD19254KRD19254over 3 years ago

Hmmm, it was good up too the cliffhanger. The only two people who had his new phone number would have been his Lawyer and EX-in-laws, per the story. Well until part 2, it is all moot.

/

3* due to cliffhanger that was never stated up front the story would become. Hooyah

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

Absolutely ridiculous that he would have put up with that sort of nonsense for as long as he did. No one has that kind of patience - no one sane, anyway. I doubt any real person would take it for longer than a week at most.

3/5

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 3 years ago
It wouldn't be a LW story if it didn't showcased a whole lot of immaturity...

Not at all a controversial statement here: communication is the cornerstone of any worthwhile relationship, from mere friendship to marriage. You take it out of it, especially any notice or explanation afterward, and there's pretty much no chance you will have anything to do with the person that 'ghosted' you, in the long run.

So, if you decided to act in such a way towards the person you claim to love above all else, you best have tectonic-level proof of any wrongdoing said person did... which, unsurprisingly, doesn't seems to be the case with Jane. It's a staple of Loving Wives, really: someone/everyone either has to be naive, stupid, immature and/or cruel. If every character acted their age, around here, well this category wouldn't exist, in the first place. Turns out that poor bastard, Greg, ended up marrying a woman with the emotional maturity of a 6 years-old. Them's the breaks... Kinda makes you wonder about her friends, though - she honestly had nobody in her entourage that could have told her how bad her idea of retaliation was? That's tremendously hard to believe.

It's also hard to buy Greg's overall sainthood, here - first of, I know of no man that would wait five months until moving on from a companion who essentially taken herself out of their relationship. I personally would have been gone after four weeks, top - I'm just not built to play those types of silly games for a long time. Also, the MC claiming he didn't understand why his wife stopped talking to him doesn't gel well with him knowing about her new relationship with that Harry fellow - regardless of the reasoning behind her actions, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that this jackass has his hands all over the problems his marriage went through. Finally, and this got to be the most egregious statement of the whole story... Greg telling Jane " I love you' before moving from her... Dude. Like, why lie to her like this? Sure, he may still care about her, but LOVE HER? That's obviously over! Why not make him say "Please take care of yourself, Jane" instead of forcing him to make statements he doesn't really fell anymore?

Yes, this is a flawed story... but, once again, compare to the usual dregs we're offered, around here, it's actually a breath of fresh air. I don't know if any follow-up is worth it, unless we get the perspective of Jane in it, which is weird, 'cause I usually do not care about the reasoning behind most dumb LW's actions... but here? I'm kinda intrigued. As long as we don't get some kind of RAAC out of it, though - some relationships are just not worth saving, which is definitely the case here, IMO.

Thanks for the share, author.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

This is the classic "if you don't know what you did then I'm not going to tell you." I'm eagerly awaiting the follow up to this,

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

I do not think that a wife would simply stop talking unless she was mentally ill. Husband should have done more "for better or worse." The story is very incomplete before we get to the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ending

Your cars warranty is about to expire

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Unusual angle makes an interesting start to the story. Mind you not sure many people would have waited 5 months.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

i hope you continue on with this story it is getting good time the bitch finds out who put the screws to her and him

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous