All Comments on 'Sheena, Jungle Queen'

by Wifetheif

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
chytownchytownalmost 9 years ago
Very Entertaining Story*****

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very Good Story

Nice play on the Sheena/Tarzan genre. However, the insinuations about military service should have been eliminated. I'm not sure if it was intentional or just a result of the author's political persuasion but every mention of military service carried with it an assumption of cruel wrongdoing. For example, the Security Chief is "now a good man", but "he did terrible things in his past". The other security force members "have seen more than enough innocent non-combatant lives taken, that they no longer want to". For the record, the U.S. and the English speaking members of the British Commonwealth (UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand) go to great effort to prevent non-combatant casualties, and punish individuals who commit crimes. I also noted the cynicism about people in general when "Pretty Man's" depression over other scientists using precious satellite link time to catch up with the Kardashians was mentioned. Still, it was a good story and I wonder if "pretty Man" will live happily ever after with her.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous