Shopping for Food

Story Info
A boring weekly task can sometimes product treats.
9.8k words
4.25
22.2k
21

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 03/24/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Shopping for Food

Joe E Hartley

March 2021

Jack entered the store pushing a cart and with grocery list in hand. He paused just past the door to clear the way of others wanting to enter and scanned the area. He knew where the items were that were on his list; he wasn't scanning for those. He looked for what he'd discovered several months ago and since that time had become one of his greatest pleasures.

A few months back he'd been out doing his weekly leisurely shopping; he tended to take his time attending to this task since he retired and had little else to do, when a cart bumped into him from behind. He turned and discovered a woman less than half his age and very distracted.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," the young woman said, "are you okay? I didn't hurt you did I?"

Jack was often considered frail by the younger crowd," If you wanted to meet me, a simple hello would have worked, but I'm not available for dating right now," He replied with a grin.

The young woman looked confused, not getting his joke, "I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention," she added before quickly moving around him.

Jack just shrugged his shoulders, it seems that the younger crowd was always in a hurry. He continued his shopping and a few minutes later in another aisle the woman bumped into him again.

Jack turned to see the same distracted woman, "Now I know you are stalking me, but leave your number and I'll call you when I'm available to date."

"I'm so sorry," she started, "What? No!"

She actually heard what he'd said and Jack laughed. "I'm Jack and if you don't mind my saying, you seem distracted and a bit stressed. Can I help you in any way?"

"Oh, sorry. Yes, I am stressed out. My husband just told me he's bringing over some coworker for dinner tonight and I have no idea what to make for them. We were just going to have whatever leftovers we could find tonight. I wasn't planning on cooking."

"I get it. You only have a couple of hours to come up with an idea, buy the ingredients, cook it all and look like it as no problem at all, right?" Jack offered.

"Yeah, you got it. What can I do?"

"How about something really simple and quick, like pork chops?"

"My husband loves pork chop, but I don't know how to cook them."

"Come with me," Jack said leaving his cart and directing his new friend over to the meat department. He picked out a family pack of pork chops and described to her the method of browning them in a skillet on the stovetop. He then led her to the soup aisle and picked up a can of cream of mushroom soup as he described the purpose of the sauce with the browned pork chops. He then grabbed two cans of sour kraut. He described how to put all the ingredients together and wished her luck.

She thanked him and hurried to buy her selections and rush home.

The following week, Jack again saw the woman although this time she seemed much more relaxed. She approached him smiling.

"Thank you so much for your suggestion about the pork chops. They were a huge success and so simple. My husband wants me to make them again."

"I'm so glad I could help." Jack said.

The woman put her arms around Jack, giving him a warm hug, "You were a life saver. My name is Liz, by the way. I know I was a bit out of it last week, but didn't you say your name is Jack, but not available for dating."

"Yep, that's me and I'll have to check my calendar to see if I can squeeze you in for a date."

That was the start of several months of flirting between the two of them. Liz loved to tease poor old Jack, but Jack felt young again and allowed his fantasy life to again have space in his mind.

Jack often had a compliment for Liz whenever he saw her. They started out fairly tame such as—You are looking cheerful today, or I like what you've done with you hair. Within a few weeks the complements shifted to the clothes she wore and again weren't that inappropriate to start such as—That's a nice color on you, or is that a new top?

Jack then started to complement the clothes that flattered her figure or showed a bit of skin. He complemented the low cut tops she wore, or whenever she was not wearing a bra.

Liz enjoyed the attention Jack lavished on her and when his attentions shifted to her figure, she made sure to dress in a way to encourage him. Liz was not accustomed to men paying attention to her. All through school she had been the one ignored and passed by. She didn't consider herself ugly, but it seemed that hers was the minority opinion. It didn't help that she was socially awkward, due in large part to the way her mother raised her.

She only ever dated her now husband and that for only a few months. Her mother had insisted she marry him since no other man would ever be interested in her.

She looked forward to seeing Jack at the grocery story every week and found out he was a widower; his wife had passed away ten years ago. He was also retired and lived on a small pension and social security. He, like her, had few friends and those he did have, rarely left their homes.

Jack still scanned the store for Liz. It was possible that she wasn't here today or had already finished her shopping. He tried to tell himself that over the past several months they had settled on Thursdays at 10 AM. He tried to remember if today was Thursday, he sometimes forgot what the day was since he retired. He checked his watch and it was one minute before 10. He thought that maybe he was early, just as a cart bumped into him.

"I'm sorry, but you just looked so lost in thought that I figured you needed a bump to bring you back into the here and now."

Jack turned and saw a smiling Liz with her hands on the cart that had just assaulted him. He tried to think of a witty comeback, but was rendered speechless by the thin blue, sleeveless shirt she wore. The shirt was attractive on her and not oversized like so many of the garments she wore. This one fit her well, very well. It had a vee neck that plunged deep, not deep by current women's fashions, but deep by Liz's fashion standards. She also wore no bra and her nipples were noticeable.

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?" she asked the shocked Jack standing before her with his mouth open.

He recovered and replied, "Sorry to stare, but I didn't know fashion models shopped here."

Liz laughed, "That's what I like about you, you don't get out much."

"Actually I get out a lot and I notice that so many of the women out there are plastic, but you're not. That top was meant for you. It accentuates your charms nicely. Your breasts move with a natural grace encouraging carnal thoughts in those near you."

Liz picked up the sweater she had placed on the handrail of her cart and hesitated. Her nipples were tightening either from the coolness in the store or from the words she had just heard. The voice of her mother screamed though her head, that she should always cover herself completely or be thought of as a whore.

Jack noticed her hesitation as she looked at the sweater. He could imagine the thought processes going though her head about good girls who did not display their bodies arguing with the parts of her who saw people having fun and teasing with their bodies.

"I'll understand if you want to cover up now. I just feel privileged that you would allow me to see the artistry of your charms. You have made me a very happy man today."

Liz placed the sweater back on the cart. "I'll have to put it back on before I go home, but you have made me a very happy woman today as well."

They walked around the store collecting the items from their respective list.

Liz looked around staring at some of the other customers. "I don't know why I feel that I need several layers covering my body at all times. Look at the other women in here. I don't think any of them are wearing a bra."

"That's true. Most of those in here just want to be comfortable." Jack responded.

"Plus they are more attractive than I am." Liz reacted with her head down.

"Whoever told you that was lying. You have a sensuality that permeates the entire space around you. The clothes you normally wear hide your natural beauty. I have been amazed at how delightful provocative you are when you allow your glow to shine through."

Liz felt the heat increasing in her face and chest. She had rarely felt this before and she liked it. She had no idea what to do, so she grabbed her sweater and left without getting her groceries.

Liz went home hyperventilating. She was confused. She tried to calm down, but didn't change out of the sexy top she wore. For some strange reason she wanted to leave it on. She went back to the store a couple of hours later to complete her shopping and got home just before her husband got home from work.

"Hi honey," she announced as he walked into the kitchen. She was in the process of putting away the groceries.

"Hi, are you just getting home from shopping?" He asked.

"Sorry, I got a late start today, I can heat up some leftovers for dinner."

"Is that a new top you have on?" He asked.

She had forgotten to change before he got home. "Yeah, but I can take it back. I just wanted to see what it felt like to wear something like this."

"Don't take it back. I like it. It's about time you stopped dressing like a nun."

"You like it?" She asked stunned.

"Of course, I do. Did you wear it to the store?"

"Un huh" Was all she could reply.

"Did that old guy see you, you know the one who told you how to make pork chops?"

"Yes, I see him every so often at the store." She answered not sure if she was in trouble or not.

"Did he like it? Was he the one who encouraged you to get it? If so then it's just one more thing I have to thank him for."

"You're not jealous?" Liz asked totally confused.

"Why would I be jealous? He said he's like 90 years old, didn't you?

"I'm not sure how old he is, but he does live alone and I think the Thursday shopping is the high point of his week." Liz commented.

"You're bored at home most days too. Why don't you do a good deed and visit him a couple times a week, maybe play cards with him or let him tell you about the good 'ol days. Who knows maybe he will share some more recipes with you, or encourage you to wear something other than your grandmother's clothes?

Liz didn't know where Jack lived exactly; she had only ever seen him at the grocery store. She was intrigued about seeing more of Jack and also surprised that her husband was encouraging her to see him. Over most of the rest of the week she quizzed her husband, making sure he was okay with her spending time with another man, even one who could be old enough to be her grandfather. She finally accepted the fact that there was no jealousy involved, but she failed to mention that she felt very desirable when she was around Jack.

By the time Thursday rolled around again, Liz stood in the parking lot at 9:45 waiting for Jack. She had on the new white top she bought. It was similar to the blue one she wore last week, but seemed to be made out of thinner material. Maybe since it was white made it appear to be a less than sufficient covering. It wasn't transparent, but wearing it, made her feel as if it were.

People walked by her, not paying any attention to the fact that she was near naked. She needed Jack to come by and leer at her, like he had last week.

She saw him approach from across the parking lot. He had not driven to this store, indicating that he lived close enough to walk.

"Hi Liz," he announced when he spotted her just outside the front door. "I was afraid I had offended you and would not see you again."

"That wasn't it. I started to feel strange and it just felt wrong, so I panicked and went home. I made the mistake of leaving on that sexy top and still wore it when my husband got home." She explained.

"Seeing as how you are now wearing a similar top, I take it he liked it." Jack commented.

"He loved it and assumed you were responsible for me wearing something that does not make me look like a nun. He said I should hang out with you more often."

"Really?"

"I talked with him all last week and he is serious about wanting me to spend time with you. He thinks you are good for me and that I might be able to help you with your loneliness. Would you mind if I came over to your place a couple of times a week to just hang out, play cards, talk, whatever?"

"I might not be able to focus on cards if you continue to wear tops like what you are wearing now." Jack affirmed.

"Doesn't it make me look like a slut?" She asked wrapping her arms around her chest.

"Not in the least. You know, I've been getting the impression ever since I met you that you were severely shamed over your body when you were young."

"My mother always told me to make sure I was completely covered at all times." She offered looking up into Jack's eyes, "and that no one wanted to look at such an ugly sight as I was." A tear started to form in her eye.

"Well, your mother lied to you and she may have had some insecurity issues. You are a beautiful woman, and you have a very desirable body when you are not hiding it under so many layers, both physical and emotional. Have you paid attention to the way women dress? Look at the women while we shop; most of them wear much more revealing clothes than you do."

"You think I'm beautiful?"

"Definitely."

"And I'm desirable?" She lowered her arms displaying her breasts."

"Oh yeah!" Jack responded, "It's all I can do to keep my hands off of you."

"Really? You want to touch me?"

"I want to caress you, fondle you, and even grope you," he answered.

Liz face took on a deep red hue, but she did not raise her hands to cover her breasts, nor did she shift her gaze from his eyes. "Would you settle for a hug?" she asked.

"I'd love a hug," Jack replied as he opened his arms.

Liz stepped into his arms and nestled against his chest. After several seconds past a normal hug, Jack adjusted his hands from around her back to her sides within inches of her breasts. She looked up and leaned back just a bit, but kept her arms around him. She stared into his eyes and wet her lips as his hands inched forward to cradle her breasts. He gave her a quick squeeze then backed away.

"Sorry," he said. I got carried away.

"It's okay," she replied, "Shall we get started with our shopping?"

They each grabbed a cart and started their trip up and down the aisles gathering items along the way, but this time instead of the normal banter back and forth, they looked at and commented on what the other female customers wore.

No one, other than Liz, wore a skirt that ended at mid-calf. Most wore shorts that were very short or sun dresses than rode up high on their thighs. Liz was also the only one to wear a top that covered as much skin as hers did. Many wore thin tank tops or belly exposing crop tops.

Liz commented that she had thought her top to be rather risqué, but upon seeing what the other women wore, hers was very conservative.

Jack agreed, but added that most of the women there paid no attention to what they wore. Only Liz had an aura of sexiness.

"Would you like it, if I wore tops and short skirts like the other women are wearing? They are all more pretty than I am." She asked Jack.

"By all means, but remember that when you show off your figure to me, I may not be able to control myself, or my hands when I'm near you." He winked as he said it and stroked her shoulder with the back of one finger in a seductive way.

She looked up at him with a smile that indicated she really didn't believe him, but enjoyed hearing him say it.

"I would love to see your legs. Have you always worn skirts so long?" He said staring at her concealed legs.

"All my life," she replied. "How short of a skirt would you like?" She asked thinking to tease him.

"At least a full hand length above your knee," he replied placing his hand on her thigh to indicate the distance he meant.

She looked down at his hand on her thigh and felt a flush of excitement course through her veins. She did not move away and he did not move his hand for several seconds. He finally gave her thigh a squeeze and moved his hand back away from her.

"Sorry," he said, "even talking about your figure entices me to touch you."

"That's okay," she replied, her face still red. She missed the touch of his hand and wondered if she actually did wear a skirt as short as he indicated if he would have his hand on her bare skin. She quickly turned around to hide her embarrassment and headed up the next aisle.

They finished their shopping and checked out. Liz asked if Jack was interested in her coming over tomorrow just to hang out, after they reached her car in the parking lot

"Yes, I'd love to have you over for a visit. I didn't think you were serious." He responded.

"I like our time together shopping and would like to get to know you better. My husband, Pete, has no problem with us spending time together. He actually thinks it's good for me to be with you. He did love the top I bought because of you."

"Great, here is my phone number and address." He handed her a business card that only had his name, and occupation as retired, but not dead yet. It also had his phone number and address. "I use these since few can read my handwriting, plus I sometimes forget my address."

Liz took the card, put it in her purse and opened her arms to give him another hug. He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a warm squeeze. This hug like the previous one lasted longer than what he thought was normal and he enjoyed the feel of her breasts against his chest. He thought to himself that since she hadn't complained the first time he fondled her breasts, he might try again.

He moved his right hand to just under her breast after finding that she only moved back slightly to give him access, he moved his other hand. He was now caressing both of her breasts and gently squeezing them. He did not stop and apologize as he did earlier, but after several seconds she pulled back.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. I assume 10 o'clock is a good time." She said pulling her keys from her purse.

Jack noticed her breathing had increased and her face was flushed. "That would be great. See you then." He then watched as she got into her car and drove off.

Liz dropped off her groceries at home then drove over to the shopping mall. She found short skirts everywhere she looked and did not have the problem she normally did finding clothes, although most seemed to be too short for her taste. She tried on several looking in the mirror and using her hand as a measuring tool they way Jack had, most were shorter that what Jack had indicated. She ended up picking one of the too short ones, but Jack had said it had to be at least that short.

She returned home and put away her purchase. She planned to wear it tomorrow and see how Jack reacted. She went about her daily activities and had dinner in the oven when her husband came home.

"Hi honey," he called out.

She turned and greeted her husband indicating that dinner was almost ready.

"Is that another new top?" He asked.

"Yeah, I figured since you liked the last one so much, I'd get another. You like?" she asked displaying herself. That was something she would have never even thought of doing before she had met Jack.

" I like it a lot. Did the old guy at the store encourage you to get it?"

"Actually he did, but not in so many words. He pointed out to me today what other women wore at the store and I now agree with you that I have been dressing like my grandmother."

"This guy is really good for you, and me too. Has he seen this top yet?"

"I wore it today to the store." She said, again uncertain if her husband would be upset with her displaying her body so openly to another man.

"Great. Did he like it? What did he say about it?"