Silver Lining Playbook

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Without asking, Alex opened a bottle of wine and poured it into four glasses. Making a lame toast, he put everyone at ease. He knew enough to see we were going to be spending plenty of time together as family and friends.

*****

Alex and Morgan stayed the day and into the evening.

Everyone had to work the next day and, for Alex and Morgan, it would be their first day back since their wedding, so staying over probably wasn't the best option. But Haley did stay.

I wasn't counting, but we were closing in on the twentieth night of sleeping together, and tonight, my lover wasn't taking no for an answer. She wanted to make love in the shower. A shower I had once deemed to be cursed. But it was what Haley wanted, so shower sex it would be.

*****

Surrounded by darkness, Haley cuddled up to me, using my arms as a safety harness.

"Are you okay with everything that's happening?" she asked, breaking the silence.

"I am."

"What if I wanted to stay longer?"

"I don't ever remember asking you to leave."

"Are we a couple?"

"We're a couple of somethings."

"Are you ever planning on telling me you love me, mister?"

"Is it something you want me to tell you?"

Her elbow caught me in the ribcage.

"I'm being serious."

"So am I." My arms tightened around her as I gave the back of her neck a light kiss. "Haley, for the last month, I've never felt so alone as the times when I wake up and you aren't beside me."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means, I love you."

*****

We weren't perfect.

In fact, we might be the furthest thing from perfection there is. But what we have together seems to work.

It was a fresh start for both of us. It was what we needed. Something and someone willing to accept what your past entailed and is not embarrassed by it. Someone that would help you overcome your downfalls and shortcomings in life. A friend and lover who would help you move on from them. Perhaps motivate you to be a better person. Not for them, but for yourself.

Although Haley never asked me to, I listed my condo. Like she had told me months before, it was a hot market, and it sold in two days for well over the asking price.

After sixteen viewings of similar dwellings, we found 'the one'. It was different, but it was in the same area we both loved. When the offer we made was accepted, we had picked our new place. A place we would call home.

It would be a place for us to start our new lives.

1...5678910