Silver Lining Playbook

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The plans had been put into motion a week earlier, and then into place that night. It turned out to be easier than I thought. With myself, Alex's older brother, his cousin and two guys he golfed with as his entourage. They were easy. All of them lived in the Twin Cities and helped with the arrangements.

Morgan's group was a little bit more difficult.

Lauren was hard to get ahold of. She certainly wouldn't ever answer any correspondence from me, so Haley took care of contacting her, and surprisingly, she agreed to attend. I knew Morgan's cousin because she lived in town. But the other two girls, well let's just say, between Haley and me, we had no way of contacting them. In the end, Facebook came through for us.

The day of the surprise wedding party event, Haley showed up early. She was carrying an overnight bag containing the clothes she planned on changing into after we set-up.

The idea of setting up wasn't difficult, because it was only decorations. I ordered appetizers and food from a caterer, and it was to be delivered later in the day.

"I love what you've done with your place Tyler. It looks a lot better than the last time I was here." Haley was in my place to help her sister clean when I was "away" on my retreat.

"Thanks. I was trying for a look that's a cross between Animal House and Trailer Park Chic."

Everything having any connection to Lauren was gone. In the dining room, I had put a large pool table, a dart board and moved in the pinball machine. I was single again, and I didn't care as long as I enjoyed it.

"Funny. Well at least it doesn't smell like beer and puke anymore. But I gotta tell yah. I prefer it to the smell of the bitch that used to live here with you," Haley said without so much as a smile.

"Yeah, it took a couple of fumigations and a few re-paints, but I got the place back to normal."

Three hours later, all of the banners and decorations were hung, set-up, and put into place. The caterers brought everything over, put it where it needed to be and would return in an hour with the food. Now it was just a matter of waiting.

"Whatta yah got to drink?" Haley barked to me from the kitchen.

I came down the hall drying my hands.

"We went over this. That little fridge has a mini keg of beer in it. The big pail full of wine bottles and ice is white wine. And this is red wine." I waved my hand over the nicely arranged bottles.

"Fuck you're dense. I mean for me. Pop. Water. Juice. Shit like that."

"I'm dense? Holy shit you're such a..." I stopped myself and pointed to the large fridge. "Everything you mentioned is in there."

"I'm such a what, you prick," she said as she opened the fridge's door and looked inside. "Whoa, do you care what I have."

"Honestly Haley, have whatever will shut you up."

"Shut me up? I haven't said shit to you in over two hours. I asked for something cold to drink and you jump all over me. Crazy much?"

She was right. The anxiety of seeing Lauren again was building, and for the first time in many months, I was considering taking some of the medication that I had stopped taking cold turkey.

"Sorry. It's just this fucking condo and the Lauren bullshit."

"Are you an idiot?" she asked mid sip of her fizzy water. "If you hate the place so much, and it reminds you of the ice queen, why don't you just sell it? The markets good. I'm sure you'd make a killing on it."

"That's the problem. I don't hate it. I love the location and the building. I just don't like..."

The buzzer ringing saved me from having to explain any further.

It was Alex's friend Joe and his wife. They were early. Really, early. When he got upstairs, he told us he got dropped off, that way he didn't have to hide his car, or take an UBER over. Smart thinking.

Haley was nowhere to be found, but I knew where she was. The door to the guest bedroom was locked, and I could hear the shower.

"Joe, I'm sorry for being a shitty host, but would you mind helping yourselves to drinks while I clean myself up?"

The first guests to arrive had no problem making their own drinks, and I raced off to my room.

My shower was quicker than Haley's. I was in and out. Dressed and ready, and I could still hear her drying her hair. But as fast as I was, I was still shocked to find four more people in the kitchen when I went in.

"Hey!"

Alex's older brother Doug was there with Ashley, his wife. The other couple, I had never seen before.

"I'm Tyler. Glad that you could make it." I put my hand out to the guy, but his wife grabbed it first.

"Leslie. This is my husband Dean. I work with Morgan. We've been friends forever." Well, forever is a long time, and I had never met her before tonight.

Over the next 30 minutes everyone but the guests of honor arrived. I hadn't heard the buzzer, but Joe had pushed the button that allowed Lauren up. And when I turned around from pulling extra napkins out of the cupboard, there she stood.

It was the first time I had seen her since, well, the morning she left.

Like a laser tracker. She made a direct line to me with her man in tow. She leaned in for the hug, but I bent back and dodged an uncomfortable moment. But she had gotten close. Close enough for me to smell her.

The smell and scent of her perfume brought me back. It was a constant reminder. It was a perfume I purchased for a special occasion. It was her scent. A scent I once loved, but now hated.

"Tyler, this is my husband Liam. Thank you for inviting us." I shook Liam's hand and welcomed them both into my house.

Lauren asked Liam to get her a glass of wine, and he immediately headed to the beer keg.

"How have you been Tyler?" she asked shyly.

"Fine. Actually, I've been really good."

"I never meant to hurt you, I..."

"Don't. It's over. Let it go." I believe it was exactly what my therapist had told me to say in a situation like this.

Liam had put back two glasses of cold beer and was pouring another. And from where I was standing, I was sure he was checking out one of Morgan's friends' ass.

"I heard about what happened when I left. I think it's time for you to move on. Are you seeing anyone?"

"Actually, he is."

I turned when I heard Haley's voice and was floored.

She looked like I had never seen her before.

Haley was dressed in a strapless black dress that exposed her square shoulders and surprisingly, her cleavage. It was cut at the knees, showing off very shapely hips and smooth legs. Her hair was brushed over one of her shoulders, so that it highlighted her face. A face that, for the very first time since I've known her, had make-up on it.

When Lauren saw Haley, her tone and attitude changed instantly. It became somewhat catty and venomous.

"Oh really. And who are you seeing Tyler?" she hissed.

"He's seeing me you cunt. Now fuck-off back to the cave that you crawled out of bitch," Haley spit back.

She surprised me with how she was taunting Lauren, but it shouldn't have.

"Why do you hate me so much Haley?" Lauren asked with a growl.

"Why do I hate you? Holy shit. That's fresh. Oh, I don't know Lauren. Let me check my long list of reasons. Could it be because you're a lying, cheating, thieving, sack of shit, whore? Or do you think maybe it has a little bit to do with the fact you fucked my husband. Is that a good enough reason, or would you like me to dig deeper?"

I put my hand on Haley's arm. It was the very first time I had ever actually touched her, other than a handshake. I hadn't known about Lauren and Mitch, but now that I thought about it, it wasn't hard to believe.

Lauren looked frantically over to Liam, who was making his way back to his wife, with a beer for himself, and finally a glass of wine for her.

"Funny isn't it, Lauren," Haley said in a much lower tone, so that only the three of us could hear it. "The fact you not only fucked my husband. You've also fucked my new boyfriend. Isn't that odd?"

Guiding Liam as far away from us as possible, Lauren went and stood by Alex's brother and Morgan's cousin. Both were people she thought would be a safer option for her.

"That's two parties in a row where I bailed your psycho ass out. Now you're really gonna owe me big time." Haley purred at her own joke.

I wanted to ask her about Mitch and Lauren. I wanted to know if it was actually true. I had heard similar things, and I wanted to ask a lot of questions, but the buzzer signaled the arrival of the future bride and groom.

Everyone hid when I pushed the buzzer. I turned off the lights, stepped into the hall with my coat on, and pretended to be locking up when Alex and Morgan stepped off the elevator.

"Oh, Alex said we were having a glass of wine first," Morgan said to me.

"Sorry, I don't know where my head is at. I...I've been kinda out of it the last couple days," I tried to explain.

"Buddy, it's alright. We'll just head to the restaurant," Alex said.

"Nah. Let's go back in. I know you guys like the Bordeaux."

Alex told me that I already had my coat on, so we could just head out, but Morgan unknowingly helped me out by saying that she needed to use the ladies-room first.

I unlocked the door and opened it. The dark room was silent. Alex was the first one in and Morgan was on his heels.

"The light switch is on the right," I told him.

"Buddy, not sure if you remember, but I used to live here too."

"SURPRISE!"

The shock wave hit them like a ton of bricks when the lights turned on, and their friends and family jumped into sight.

Alex hugged me harder than I'd ever been hugged in my life. Morgan cried for ten minutes and claimed she was happy she was wearing a "Lite Day" because as she put it, she "tinkled" in her panties a little.

It turned out to be a great night. It was the perfect way for the entire wedding party and their spouses to get to know one another. The food and drinks flowed and flowed. And with being busy serving everyone, I almost forgot Lauren was there. But later, I found her in my room.

"Hey. What were you doing in there?" I asked Lauren with a surprised tone, as she was coming out of the bathroom in my room.

"I was looking at the shower and remembering some of the good times." She put her fingers up to adjust the collar on my shirt. "Do you remember our first night together? After you snuck me into the ball game? I can picture it like it was yesterday. And the bed. If it could only talk."

"Don't." I told her. Removing her hand from my chest. "The mattress could talk, and it always told me stories that reminded me of you, so I got rid of it. Lauren, please remember, you're a guest in this house, act like it."

We both heard a chuckle and looked to the doorway. Haley was leaning on the door frame. She was eating a piece pizza and drinking a glass of wine as she watched the show.

"You just can't help yourself, can you?" Haley's venom was directed at Lauren. "First time back in town and you're trying to ride everything that moves."

*****

After my surprise meeting with Lauren, the comfort level changed slightly. From a distance, I watched the twenty people in my place mingle. They told stories and laughed, yet I tried my very best to stay invisible.

Like most soon to be married couples do, Morgan and Alex touched one another often. Embracing, caressing and holding. They were in love, and it made me happy to feel like I was part of their lives.

"Aren't you going to find it odd being the best man at their wedding?" Haley startled me when she flopped down on the sofa beside me.

"Odd, no. Why?"

"Well, everyone here knows that you've always wanted to fuck my sister."

"What? No. I haven't. Why the hell would you say something so stupid?"

"Awe, come on. Why can't you just admit it? You've always had a thing for her, and now she's getting married to your buddy, it's hurting you because you can feel her slipping away."

"What the fuck is wrong with you, Haley?"

"I gotta tell yah Tyler, you're a nice guy and all, but this hasn't exactly been the best first date I've ever been on. I mean, earlier I catch you trying to fuck your ex behind my back, and then I come over here and watch you touching yourself while you stare at my sister. Not cool. Not very cool at all. Kinda makes me wonder why I'm wasting my time on you." She was grinning at me, ear to ear.

"You really are fucked up, aren't you?" It was more of a statement than a question.

"Oh baby, you have no idea."

I did have a small idea, and it scarred the shit out of me.

As the night wound down, everyone seemed be getting along. One by one, they gathered their belongings and made their way to wherever it was they were going. Closing the door on the last group, I found Alex and Morgan cuddled up on the sofa.

"Hey, compadre. You mind if we sleep in the spare room?"

"Sleep over? A couple days ago you were both afraid to even come in for fear of getting dirty. Now you want to sleep over?" I laughed.

"Sorry Tyler. I love what you've done with the place. Maybe you can teach Alex some of your housekeeping skills."

They had both had more than their share of drinks, so taking a cab, or staying were their only options. Staying was the one they picked.

"I love you like a brother. You know it, right?" Alex slurred into my ear as he squeezed me.

I did know it. He and Morgan had never been anything but nice to me. Even when I was far less than spectacular to be around.

*****

With my guests of honor staggering off to bed, I had the place to myself and used the time to do a bit of clean-up. I laughed at my own stupid joke about hiring a maid, as I took bags of paper plates and empties down to the main floor recycle area.

By the time I returned, I could hear the moans of love making. Alex and Morgan were at it, and I could hear her as she encouraged her lover.

Listening to my best friend having sex with his girlfriend wasn't what I had planned for my evening's entertainment, but worse things had happened, so I decided a shower and bed might be the best thing.

I didn't take very long, but when I was finished, I was pleased that there was no more grunting and groaning. Apparently, they had finished too.

Hanging my wet towel and switching off the light, I made my way through the darkness to my bed.

"That had to hurt. Listening to your dream girl getting railed by your buddy." The words came from a voice inside the dark room.

"What the fuck Haley? Honestly, what is wrong with you?"

"Wrong with me? Easy there. I wasn't the one that needed a cold shower and had to rub one out before coming to bed." Even though I couldn't really completely see her, I knew she was tormenting me with a smile and another of her evil grins.

"Not that it's any of your business, but I didn't rub one out. And I never take a cold shower."

"Yeah, well, I highly doubt both of those things. If I couldn't see your cock, which I can, and it's not bad, not bad at all by the way. I would have guessed or bet money that it was as hard as a rock."

"Why's that?"

"Let's see. First. That cum bucket Lauren was all over you tonight. Pawing at you trying to get a rise out of you to see how far she could push you. Then she comes in here snooping around. The bitch probably sniffed your underwear and licked the toilet seat, trying to get a taste of your cock. For old times sake."

"Haley, stop."

"And second, your secret spank bank bitch is right next door. I bet you're picturing her naked, legs open and in the air, fuckin like a dirty nympho. Don't tell me you didn't chub up a bit when you heard her moaning."

"Jesus Christ Morgan."

"Haley. My name's Haley you asshole. See I told you you have a fantasy thing for my sister. You can't stop thinking about her, can you? That's why your cock got hard," she said in a louder tone.

"For fuck sakes. Shut the fuck up. They're right next door. Stop being crazy. I don't have a thing for your sister. I never have. And if you could see my cock, you would see that it isn't hard."

"And third" she said, making the word "third" draw on for seconds.

"What the hell could possibly be third? There wasn't a first or a second. So, there sure as shit isn't a third."

"Oh, I believe there's a third." I could hear the rustling of blankets. "And I think the third reason that you needed a cold shower and had to rub one out, was because you know I'm buck naked in your bed."

"Haley honest to God! If you're naked, please get dressed. I'll call a ride for you. Just please get dressed." I pleaded with her in my best whispering voice.

No sounds came from my bed. She wasn't moving. In the darkness I reached around in one of my drawers until I found a pair of seldom used night pants and slid them on.

"Any time you're ready, I'll call that ride," I begged.

After what seemed like an hour, even though it was only a few seconds, she responded.

"I'm ready."

"Perfect. I'll call a ride for you."

"No."

"No what, Haley?" Now it was me rising my voice.

"No. I like the feel of your sheets caressing my naked titties and butt. I like being exactly where I am, so I'm staying here tonight."

"Haley, for the love of God, please don't do this to me." I could hear myself begging, but there was no way to stop myself. "I'm in a good place lately. I've put a lot of bad shit behind me. Things have really been working out for me, and I'm actually starting to be happy again."

"Yeah, well, happiness can be overrated big boy." She stopped and the only thing that I could hear was my heart pounding.

I reached for the bathroom light and switched it on. Through the dimly lit room I could see Haley. She was propped up on all the pillows. Leaning her back on the headboard. And if I wasn't sure before, I was now. Her bare shoulders and ample cleavage were exposed and in my direct sightline.

"Haley...please."

"Tyler, you don't have to beg. I told you I'm ready, so get over here and I'll let you fuck me. That is if you can get that big boy up again after having just jerked off."

"What the fu...I didn't jerk off. What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Wrong with me? Look, all I'm doing is laying here in your bed. I told you that you could fuck me, and now you're getting all wound up about it." She let the sheet drop down enough so that she exposed her breasts in the darkness. "Tell you what, I'll even let you call me Lauren."

"I don't wanna fucking call you Lauren," I scream whispered.

She patted the bed next to her.

"Perfect. Get that cock over here and I'll scream so loud that it will make Morgan jealous. Maybe she'll reconsider her wedding partner and let you fuck her too."

I opened the closet door and pulled down the spare pillow and blanket.

"Haley, I'm trying. I'm really fucking trying. But I actually think you need more therapy, or you at least need to up the dosage on your meds."

My escape was only hindered by her yelling, "Go ahead, sleep on the couch. But in the morning, I'm still going to tell them that you banged me."

Sleep on the couch? After a night like this, what the hell made her think I would sleep. If only it was that easy.

In what was probably the worst night of sleep I had in a very long time, I laid with a blanket covering me as I watched the night sky. I prayed for sunrise and that Haley would leave before Morgan and Alex got up.

Well...at least the sun came up.

Rustling in the spare room caught my attention. Someone other than me was awake, so I filled the Keurig and put a selection of assorted coffee and tea pods on the countertop. Minutes later, just like old times, Alex came out of what used to be his room. He was in his underwear and scratching his nuts.

Minutes later, he flopped down in a chair and held his steaming mug to his lips.

"Buddy, what a great night. Morgan cried her ass off." He looked at me and gave me his serious look. "No joke. What you did for us last night was over the top. We know that shit with Lauren made it even harder, but you handled it like a champ."