Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 34

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Queen sighed, "Keep me informed. Try not to cut off any more heads, if you can avoid it."

The crystal went quiet. He got a clean shirt on with his armor. He pulled one of his 'Palace worthy' shirts out and handed it to Fireball. "As the only caster and not having armor cover you, I figured you did not bring your nice clothes along so you can borrow this shirt for the formal visit."

The guys laughed at him as the knock came on the door, "Come in." A guard opens the door. "Yes, I know the Princess wishes to see us."

He nodded. They headed out of the room leaving the carts in the hallway divested of food.

They returned and Eldar looked at the Princess, "You wanted to see us, Princess."

She nodded, "I believe you are acquainted with the new head of my Royal Guard."

Eldar nodded. He walked over to him, "Keep in mind what I had to do to the last one."

He smiled at him and his guys chuckled. Eldar looked at him again, "Look to make your group more diverse. Incorporate some battle mages. As long as that lich is on the loose, having one in every squad would be a prudent step to make."

He nodded, "I will work with the military adviser and Court wizard on that and ensure the economic adviser says we have the funding. Provided the Princess agrees with your suggestion."

Eldar smiled at him, "I knew that reading would pay off for you."

He walked over to the Princess, "It is your call Princess on the recommendation I gave him."

She smiled, "I will meet with my advisers on the matter, tomorrow evening. Please put it on the agenda, my advisers."

Eldar smiled at the young princess and she smiled at him.

Eldar looked at the group, "I told my Queen we would like to take a look at the external security before her visit. I let her know you had selected a New Head Guard before coming down here and ensured she was aware of the incident with your guards."

Eldar looked at her Military Adviser, "I also told her you contacting Jarron was premature. I was waiting for your discussion over the Head of the Royal Guard to be settled. Jarron told you to 'follow his hunches' in this matter. I heard it from you and Jarron on the communication crystal. I have one going to Jarron as well and he did not contact me about this. I mentioned my hearing before."

The Princess laughed and the military adviser looked a little red in the face. Eldar looked at the head guard who tried not to laugh. "Do you have someone who can walk me through the precautions set up to ensure the safety of my Queen and Dwarven Ambassador as they will be traveling together?"

He nodded, "Your Highness, shall I show him our layout and procedures? I will bring back any recommendations to you and your military adviser for review."

She nodded, "That would be fine, but if he sees an issue try and address it unless you have to have additional funds drawn. Then we will gather to ensure you have what you need to protect our guests."

He bowed to her. They spent the next several hours looking around the Palace and Palace grounds where the funeral would take place. While Eldar had only some suggestions on the placement of a few guards. Especially in high locations along the palace walls. Facing both in and out of the grounds.

Eldar told him, "My men will not be far from the Queen and Princess during the exterior events. They would officially be there to watch over the Queen, myself, and my wives. I will have my battle Mage keeping an eye on the Princess. He has a strong ability to counter spells if the lich shows."

He nodded, "Will pass those changes on to the Princess. I will let her know of your concern about this lich. Also, your Battle Mage being nearby just in case. She has a Court wizard but an extra caster does not hurt."

Eldar looked at him, "A team of 20 human arcane casters were in the crowd with your nobles. They were monitoring your wizard and likely tried to jump into action when he started casting. This was before he became a lich.

20 of the best human casters available and they were all killed. The only Elf in the room with the bodies was my father. We got lucky today. He was vulnerable and he had to address that vulnerability which is why he fled. Getting those new safeguards in place and wards in place within the palace is of the utmost importance."

A rider came in and handed Eldar a sickly brown crystal. He stored the crystal for now. He looked at the man, "I will pass that along to someone who might be able to track the mate to the crystal."

He nodded, "On the hunt then?"

Eldar nodded. "Always."

They shook hands and parted ways once they entered the castle. Annette looked at him, "That man respects you."

Eldar nodded, "I am coming to respect him. He will be good for the Princess just like her advisers. The one I worry about is her new court wizard. I hope he steps up his game. Let us see the ambassador if everything is going well, he is cursing my name by now."

They got to the Ambassador's office and he looked at him, "Anyone been by about your teleport location?"

He shook his head, "No why?"

Eldar sighed, "I told them they should ward the location and have you select a different spot because it was too well known. Especially to the previous court wizard."

He nodded. "I will go to the Royal Palace and set up an adjacent corner for our access point. I will ward the old location myself and let the Queen know."

Eldar nodded, "I am going to make a quick communication myself."

Eldar pulled the crystal, "Lord Regal, hope your day is going well."

He chuckled, "What is going on Eldar?"

He sighed, "I wanted to have you inform Lady Silver Hair we will not meet in the human palace tomorrow. I am working on getting the teleport location switched and the old one warded. I will return to House Silvertree and meet her at the Royal Palace so we can go to the location she wants to take those relics."

Lord Regal sighed, "We have been debating that here. We are not sure we want them here considering what they are used for and we do not know that we can destroy them."

Eldar sighed, "Let me talk with the Elven Queen on the matter. I might have an idea or two. None that are great. I will keep you posted."

Eldar pulled his crystal for the Queen, "Yes Eldar, I am getting ready to head into court."

Eldar sighed, "I just got off the crystal with Lord Regal. The artifacts I collected today, he is not sure that they wish to handle them. I have a feeling they are Draconic in nature and for the Chromatic Dragons. If they dealt with this problem on our southern border, I can understand.

They may not want them returned as they could get stolen again. At the same time, they would be dangerous for us to hold. Powerful dark necromancy stuff. After our return, we might want to have the head of the Academy, The Magister, meet with us to go over the contents of what we found.

They are stored in the ether at the moment. If any of it can be destroyed. Else we might have to do something drastic to at least temporarily dispose of them away from us all, Your Majesty."

She sighed, "He will be in court today. I will set up the meeting for the day after tomorrow. Six wives...I still cannot believe that."

She chuckled and the crystal went quiet. The ambassador looked at Eldar, "6 wives?! At once?"

Eldar looked at him, "Straight from the Lady of Dreams to my wives. Don't ask."

He shook his head and stared at Eldar's crotch.

Eldar looked at him, "I know you are into men but I am not."

He turned red in the face and Eldar left him in his office. He headed to the throne room and some of the Royalty had started to arrive. He looked at his guys, "Ladies with me. Split up 3 on either side of this long room spaced out a bit and keep your eyes open. I want the Elven presence noticed but not seem overwhelming."

He looked at his ladies and extended an arm to each of them and they walked into the room and made small talk with several nobles. All of whom were aware of him given the Princess and the decree. Some were surprised Eldar was here, by how young he was, his two Half-elven wives, his 'impure' appearance, or that they were all armored and armed.

A page came over, "Duke Silvertree, Duke Walder wishes to speak with you."

He pointed Eldar at the man who was standing there with his sizable family. Eldar looked at the ladies, "Let me take the lead but he is the one with the twins."

They squeeze his arms. Eldar looked at the man who was a little round in the middle but not bad for his age. Eldar walked over to him, "I was told you wished to speak with me."

He smiled, "Yes, with the loss of all the Dukes and the slaughter it has taken several days to work through the lines of succession. In the meantime, as the only surviving Duke from the time that would make you the senior Duke in this court. I also heard you turned down the throne? Is this true?"

Eldar smiled, "I am a Duke in the Elven, Human, and Dwarven Kingdoms. The Commanding General of the Gray Blade mercenary company and the designated Field Marshal for when war strikes again on your northern and the elven southern border. While I represent not only the Elven people and a cross-section of both other allied courts, I could not assume a throne that belongs to the human people.

I would be hard-pressed to even do it for the Elven Court if the crisis arose. As a Grand Master Blade Singer, my first loyalty is to the Elven people. Their best interest is served by working with our allies and not usurping them."

He smiled at Eldar, "Your knowledge of human law sounds impressive, do you have a specific interest in humans?"

Eldar smiled, "I know the content of the Dragon War Treaties, Human, Elven, and Dwarven laws. I am expanding that knowledge into Elven House laws after becoming the head of House Silvertree. My knowledge extends to the law in general. The framework upon which our societies are based. My father was killed in the attack and he was a diplomat. His funeral was yesterday. Would you like to introduce me to your family?"

The Duke looked with pride, "This is my wife Duchess Elise, My Sons, Fredrick, Gabriel, Henry and, Charles. Then I have twin daughters Rachel and Dorothy." Eldar looked at them all, "Pleasure to meet you, the Ladies at my side are my wives Duchess Charlemagne and Duchess Annette and like your daughters, they are also twin sisters.

They are also both Dames in their own right. For their service on the battlefield and in service to the Elven Royal Family. They are also both expecting mothers, 2 sets of twins."

The Duke looks at him, "You have 2 wives?"

Eldar nodded, "Laws reintroducing plural marriages went into effect at the time of my marriage. Something about the marriage ceremony being performed by a goddess, The Lady of Dreams. Viewed by hundreds including the King and Queen tends to introduce change. This before we were knighted or made a Duke. To say I shook up the Elven Court would be an understatement."

He looked shocked at Eldar, "Why would a goddess perform your marriage?"

Eldar smiled, "She was there for many reasons, the main one was to fulfill a prophecy that revealed the chosen Knight Champion of Corellon Larethian. That set the clock on several other prophecies that are coming to fruition including the prediction for the next war on the elven Southern border.

I am that Knight Champion as well as being appointed Knight Protector to the Elven Kingdom by the Elven Queen. The dragons have a term for it. They call it 'god-touched.'"

He looked at Eldar, "You have no issues with having two wives?"

Eldar shook his head, "They are sisters, twins, just like your daughters. There is no jealousy. The Lady of Dreams told me that all of my wives will be sisters and some even twins. They would also all have twins. Twins in Elven society are fewer than one in a hundred. Since my wedding, we have identified over 12 sets of twins, a set of triples, and a set of quadruplets.

My Cleric Doc has done most of the divination efforts. My late father left behind his love Victria who is expecting twins as well. You would call her my stepmother."

The Duke pulled Eldar off to the side, "I have had a hell of a time marrying off my daughters. They have refused every suitor I have thrown at them."

Eldar nodded, "Your problem has many layers to it. From the fact they do not wish to be separated, one of whom sees no point in a man. Also, the two are romantically entangled with each other. My wives were the same way. Then I found Charlemagne and she introduced me to Annette and I came to love them both.

I do not have to worry about them seeking comfort in another man's bed because they keep each other entertained if I am gone for a few days. The same goes for if one is away then I spend alone time with the other. The secret is to make them both feel pleasure beyond anything they have ever experienced.

To make them feel loved, important, never neglected, or treated as a trophy on a shelf. If you would like, my wives could talk with them about their experiences with me. It might help to crack their defenses. Getting them married off as a pair to an Elf is an option to consider."

He looked at Eldar, "You know all of this?"

Eldar nodded, "One of the things the gods have given me is some visions. I have saved lives, tracked down assassins, and helped those who were seeking love and children to find what they were looking for. I had such a vision earlier today in front of your Princess before even meeting you describing a pair of red-haired twins with green eyes and them becoming my wives.

The Lady of Dreams recently appeared before my wives and let them know I would need 3 sets of sisters to keep up with my sexual urges." He pulled forward on his armor slightly. "You see that amulet pulsing?" He nodded. "It is the holy symbol for my god and is fused into my chest. It was not magical until my wives gave me an amulet of health. The two merged and enhanced.

My sex drive has more than doubled and I am wearing my wives out. The other 2 sisters we will be meeting with are Elven and we are having the evening meal with them in 3 days. They do not know any of this yet. I know one of them from my travels and she wanted...How did Victria put it? 'jump across her desk and mount me.' This was in her office after I threw her boss against a wall.

I threatened to kill him for lack of courtesy and cooperation which the Queen had demanded of him. The Queen had him reassigned to manage a sewage system instead of working in building plans. We are building a town, Keep, fort, watchtowers, church, and Arcane Academy in my duchy. It is a very busy time. The church will have an entire section dedicated to maternity.

Because of all the children, we are expecting. The town is also multiracial, Elves, Elf-blooded, Humans, Dwarves, we even have some centaurs in my service. We will have a 600 strong protection force and a 600 strong multi-racial mercenary company."

He looked at Eldar, "You must have considerable wealth."

Eldar shrugged, "The church is being built by the churches. The Academy is being financed by another house that saw it as an opportunity to survive. The keep, fort, and fortification are being built by the dwarves as part of the cross-border treaty as they did not give any land to this endeavor.

The elves and humans handed over control to 200 square miles of land each to the control of my Mercenary company. My house is financing the majority of the rest of the town, with some discretionary money coming in from the Crown. Minus a few businesses which are being built by those who wish to own them. We are limiting the growth and number of businesses.

We are maintaining a small footprint with 2 other nearby elven villages. One I grew up in and the other my wives grew up in. We own two homes now in my wives' village. One I use to house my apprentices who I am training. Then there is the House Silvertree Estate in the Elven Capital. The Queen knows I am not motivated by wealth but by improving the lives of those around me.

This is why recently when we uncovered a cache of equipment, we turned the gold over to the Crown for the upcoming war effort. A billion in gold coins demonstrated my conviction to that principle."

He looked at Eldar, "You gave a Billion in gold to the Elven Crown?"

Eldar nodded, "Yes I did, you can ask our Queen when she is here tomorrow if you like. About any of the information, I told you."

He looked at Eldar, "Have your wives talk with my daughters, their dowries are a half-million gold pieces each."

Eldar nodded, "I would ensure they had their accounts with that money in it if they married me."

He chuckled, "When do you leave?"

Eldar looked at him "Tomorrow after the services."

He nodded, "Let your wives do their talking and I will talk with my wife, this might thrill her. She is dying to have grandchildren."

Eldar nodded, "It did not help that your two eldest sons are infertile. Your youngest son has a great future before him. I even spoke with the Princess about him."

He looked at Eldar and smiled. Then returned to his wife, "Talk away with the twins. The father is drooling at the possibility of getting those 2 married off. I am heading up to the front. They are getting ready to do the pledge of loyalty thing and I will have to attend to that."

Eldar got to the front just as they were calling attention to the arrival of the Princess. A herald announces, "This is the point in the evening in which each member of the nobility declares their loyalty to the Crown, the royal family, and the laws of the Kingdom."

The Princess nodded toward Eldar and he stepped forward and turned to the crowd, "All of the Dukes and Duchesses are new to this role. Their families have probably held the titles for centuries. I have not. My father was killed in this tragedy. When I came to claim his body, it was my knowledge of human law that caused your scholars to ask for my aid. To help stabilize your Kingdom.

The laws did not cover this as confirmed by your scholars. They did not cover the possibility of that level of destruction. A baron attempted to usurp the throne. He was in league with the wizard who destroyed your families. Once the Princess followed the law and declared a Royal Conclave the usurpers were immediately arrested and executed for treason in accordance with your laws. That left us with 2 possibilities.

One was that I assume the crown. I refused. I chose the second option and added an amendment to your existing laws. In the event of such a catastrophe that continuity for your Kingdom existed. The Princess, with 3 advisers, would oversee your land. I did not choose your advisers. I sought outside counsel as to respected members of your society.

Those who could wisely guide and finish the teaching of the Princess to assume the crown in less than 2 years. With that said. I support the current ruling body and the right for the Princess to claim the crown when she is of age. I support the Royal family, as demonstrated through my actions. Again, I will reaffirm here my support for your laws and procedures as one who has them all memorized, Princess."

He bowed to her. She smiled and nodded, "He is correct, the crown is not claimed at the moment, the oath of loyalty should be to the ruling body and supporting my right to claim the crown when I am of age. Thank you Duke Silvertree, for your service and for going first here today to set the record straight as always."

Eldar bowed to her again and left. There were several who applauded his speech to the nobles. The applause grew louder as more followed suit. He walked back to his wives as each of the Dukes and Duchesses leading their families moved to swear their loyalty.

Annette looks at him, "Nice speech, there Diplomat Silvertree."

He smacked her on the ass and she laughed. They were standing with the twins who looked at him with curiosity.