Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 36

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When the first problem intersects the third it jumps up on my list of priorities. This was not the case! I wanted to keep them as separate as FUCKING possible! I already lost my father to that bastard, because of your Ficka failures to act on a problem you allowed to happen all because of 'Ficka exposure issues!'

This is just as big a threat if not more so to you and your kind. Yet your inaction resulted in the near destruction of our alliance with the humans, the creation of a lich, and so MANY dead. INCLUDING MY FATHER! They were not dragon deaths.

That might be a smaller concern for the Council of Nine as a whole. But for the Knights, our allies, and my people; IT FICKA MATTERS! You can yell at me again or chew me up and spit me out! I don't FICKA care anymore!"

Eldar turned from him and walked over to a wall and leaned against it.

Lord Regal appears to be deep in thought. Lord Regal's mind drifted to what Bahamut said. He saw the rift before him now and he had no way of stopping it from tearing open. The best he could do was to try and get him calmed down in the short term.

Eldar figured he went over trying to measure his response to Eldar's accusations. Instead, he walked away for a moment and came back with a couple of glasses of wine. Eldar chuckled and downed the contents of the whole glass.

Lord Regal was surprised for a second, then he remembered the intercepted communication between the dwarven ambassador and the Dwarven King. Not to challenge Eldar to a drinking contest as alcohol did not affect him. He looked at Eldar, "No effect from alcohol?"

Eldar nodded, "It might as well be fruit juice. I have one outlet for stress and it is so bad I am going from 2 to 6 wives! I probably could do 12 more and not have enough of a release to deal with some of the double standards we are forced to live within this arrangement.

I know I probably just created a major shit storm for you. Considering how many shit storms I have stopped to protect your kind. I should be owed one. If not for the fact that I DID IT TO STOP A MAJOR FICKA SHIT STORM for your kind!

In our history classes, they talked about dragons not liking to be called 'people.' I am so used to trying not to say dragon that leaves me with few words. I thought 'kind' was the better option. Now I am starting to sound like Heliar, the diplomat."

Lord Regal looked at Eldar, "You are right this relationship is one-sided. The treaties were written that way. We live by them."

Eldar shook his head, "YOU ficka live by them and hide behind them. It is the rogue element in your society who is ignoring them. They are the threat and the treaties tie your hands so you look to us to resolve YOUR ficka problems or hide it from us instead."

Lady Silver Hair entered the room and looked at Eldar, "Can you teleport home?"

Eldar shrugged, "Not if you block me. I have been keeping two of those and circles with all of the travel I have had to do between allies, my village, the battlefield, House Silvertree, the Academy, and the Palaces. I have also burned through several scrolls in the last few weeks on top of that."

Lady Silver Hair handed him the crystal, "I cannot give you specifics but we are assembling a strike team your information proved valuable. You should go now."

Eldar looked at her, "I once again acted instead of hesitating. I do not need to know more than you are working on it and it helped you. If the lich escapes, which is likely, that I would like to know. As well as where he escaped too. Anything else is a Dragon matter. That lich is not just Dragon matters and you owe me if he escapes! Happy hunting and come back alive!"

Eldar teleported out.

Lord Regal looked at her, "What did you find out?"

She sighed, "Valley of Crags. Chromatic Dragon territory, on the fringe but inside our area. We tracked the stolen book as it traveled from location to location. Our best guess is at least 10 and maybe as many as 30 dragons aided in the theft of the book.

The team has the teleport blocker but someone or the lich teleported shortly after they disconnected. They went to the Far East. He could be searching for the champion of Tiamat or has other allies who are not dragons out that way.

We have no method of checking. I recommend sending Knights to investigate. We believe he has a draconic non-detection item in play. We picked up the magic but not his necromantic form."

Lord Regal shook his head, "No, they don't know of our capability. How widespread it is."

Lady Silver Hair looked at him, "I just had to walk Eldar through that area. He will likely put it together. If he does, what Bahamut told us is going to happen!"

Lord Regal looked over, "It has already started. He blames us for the loss of Heliar, his father. I don't know if his Gods talked to him or it is his observations but that is a death, I cannot see him forgiving us for allowing it to happen. All because we hid behind this treaty. He called that out as well.

He called it one-sided, said we are not following it because of our rogue elements and we hide nefarious activity or get them to work it. He is right, it was written that way and we are bound by it. We have to have honor in what we do for our species. Yes, it is costing our allies' lives but they are not our lives. Not yet anyway."

She looked at him, "It is not honor, it is cowardice. The fear of discovery as Bahamut told you! The orcs, ogres, giants, and gnolls all know it has been broken and we still keep our allies in the dark and weaken them without supporting them."

Her crystal went off, "Your Majesty, we captured three blues, two blacks, and two red dragons at this location. There are traces of necromancy here and the one book that was stolen was recovered here. No signs of any lich and the book appears to be damaged. Several pages were burned or had holes in them."

She looked across, "Bring it back and drop it in the volcano near Gold Metallic lands. Just destroy that vile book. We cannot use it as bait again."

---

Eldar had teleported to the front of his house and he brushed down T'suras. He waited a good hour as he did not want to yell at his wives though they would likely yell at him. Then the whole issue with Dorothy and Rachel. He sighed, "Open and honest, even when it hurts."

He walked inside and the ladies were sitting around and Charlemagne looked fit to be tied. "What the hell just happened? What happened to us being open and honest?"

Eldar cast private sanctum twice, once, for noise and one to block scrying.

Eldar looked at her, "You know my first duty in the code is to protect the elven people. That includes you. My second duty is to my family. That includes you, Rachael, and Dorothy. As they are not elven but carrying elf-blooded offspring.

My code was never designed with having humans as wives. If my code included all elf-friends then there would be no need for a second entry. But at the moment it does not. When we are married and they are Duchesses of the Elven court then two could go away.

But right this second, I have to have that listed separately because it is not in the code. The third is the Dragon War Treaties and our allies as defined by the Elven Queen and the Knights. Now if I find something that impacts our allies, I take it up with our Queen.

If it impacts our Allies and has dragons associated with it then I contact Lord Regal and the Queen. If it threatens another Dragon War it threatens the Elven people. In this case, I was contacted by the lich for an extended time. He was trying to figure out where I stashed his items away.

I pushed back on his invasion and learned he was under pressure to deliver. He was hiding out in dragon lands under Chromatic Dragon protection! He was being protected by someone who was getting impatient with him. I started to get a fix on a 'Valley of' when he cut communications.

Now, did this involve the elven people or our allies at this time? No. Did it affect the Dragons? Yes. Would my going to the Elven Palace seem logical? Dragging the Queen and whomever else is watching me come and go, how they like to put it, 'Strictly a dragon matter.' For once I shoved those words back into their faces.

I went off on them about their inaction and the destruction it caused. Including that of my father and our human allies. I threw everything I had been holding back about this whole one-sided affair and the response 'we have to play by the rules.' I blasted him on that. I told him, 'NO WE. YOU. You have a rogue element that is not following them which is why you have us to try and clean up this mess or you hide it from us.'

The one time I try to take their mess directly to them and they jump into a mass panic. I was told this new raise in rank would allow us to see them when the need arose. Guess what, it arose and they were pissed.

Once there I told them what was going on and they understood. They had some method of tracking magic in their realm. I gave them the location. Not only the Lich but the dragon or dragons who are trying to use the lich's services. He is out of business without those artifacts.

He has a snowball's chance of flying through the Nine Hells of that working out for him, at least for now. Being undead he could try to rebuild the relics. I don't know what was in the tomes taken but those might be another target for him to search and recover.

That could take centuries or millennia and is only a possibility. To protect the first and the second thing on my list by shoving straight down the Dragons' throats. Is that open and honest enough for you?"

Charlemange jumped over and hugged him now that she understood. Now he had to deal with damage control with Rachel and Dorothy.

Eldar looked at them, "I do love you and I am not trying to say you are second on my list. I am saying my Code of Conduct does not reflect today's changes. There are one maybe two who can address this issue. The Gods who we will be seeing tomorrow.

I did not even realize there was an issue until I started listing off my priorities to Lord Regal. As the Lady of Dreams guided me to the two of you, she has to have the answer if her husband does not address it at the ceremony you will be at. That is typically frozen in place, he does all the talking kind of event."

---

The Lady of Dreams glared at Corellon, "Either we reveal the fact that the visions he is getting are not all from me, or you have to change the code to allow for mothers or fathers of Elf-blooded children who are not Elven to be covered!"

Corellon sighed, "Expose our lack of control in what he is getting or compromising my principles in this matter." Corellon shook his head and thought back to Tallion's comment on compromise, "I will address the wives in the code.

It will have to be done and for more than him with the changes, he started and we embraced. I put this Paladin order together and they will work to persuade Half-Elven children back into Elven society if they have left. It is a risk. We have had other deities work with Half-Elves in other worlds before."

The Lady of Dreams looked over, "Elf-Blooded, remember. He adopted the term from my speech."

Corellon chuckled, "Yes, I remember. I should use it more often when talking of this world. Possibly others in the future. If we ever lose contact with these Humans in the future, we can always modify the codes again, given the restraints. It is needed for this time in history in this world."

---

Annette and Charlemagne both nodded. "If it is not addressed, I will ask the Lady before the ceremony begins." They looked at Eldar and hugged him. Rachel spoke, "We understand. We hope she clarifies it for us and others who might follow us."

He sat down and threw his head back, "I am hoping that he will address it at the ceremony as I know one guest can direct the change. Queen Goldeagle."

They all looked at Eldar. Charlemagne asked, "She is coming?"

Eldar nodded, "Not even the Palace knows. She is going to sneak out for it with the Blade holders from the city including her nephew who has invited her to attend. That is why I secured this home from scrying this time. Those items to block scrying, sound, and teleportation from private sanctum will become a priority for Staria. That is why I am ramping up security. The only one I told before you happened to be Tranosa.

Because I asked for 4 squads and with the lieutenants and the Captain to be here. The other guest for the wedding is the Princess coming in with the Duke. I am going to get them myself. Now I need to collect a few things and leave."

Annette looked at him, "Leave?!"

Eldar nodded, "Before our wedding night where did you stay?"

Annette sighed, "With my father."

Eldar looked at them, "With six of you it is easier to move just me."

Annette nodded, "Where will you go?"

Eldar smiled, "I have four places in mind. Anyone comes looking for me then that is what they will have to do. Figure it out."

Eldar went upstairs and they groaned, "We told you where."

Eldar nodded, "So I did not walk in on you early. You six are stuck here until escorted to the ceremony followed by the wedding immediately after."

He grabbed his wedding clothes and handed the two books to Staria, "Someone will have some reading to do, All enchanter stuff, some rather exotic stuff."

She smiled at that.

Eldar looked at Charlemagne, "If I have to, I will magically lock the door on you."

She grumbled as he kissed them all good night. He saddled up T'suras with barding and all and rode out to Silent Falls. He stopped there and laid out his bedroll under the stars. He laid back and got some sleep. He woke up 3 hours later and converted all of his tiered spells to teleport and teleportation circle for the day.

He practiced for just over 3 hours straight and jumped into the water to rinse off and climb back out and dried himself. He rode over to his grandmother's home and knocked on the door.

Elder Strong Oak answered, "You are up early."

Eldar smiled, "I have been up for 4 hours already and had over 3 hours of sword practice and spell preparation. Wake my apprentice let him know the morning meal is at John Silver's home today and to prepare his spells first."

She nodded, "He told me about you taking them into combat."

Eldar nodded, "If they are going to wield that sword they have to know what that means. In the head and the heart."

Elder Strong Oak nodded. He mounted up and rode out back toward the other village and Tranosa rode toward him, "There you are. I was told you stayed away last night."

Eldar nodded, "The human ritual about seeing the bride before the wedding thing."

Tranosa nodded, "Not a custom with Keyno's people but others insisted on her too."

Eldar laughed. "I am getting my other apprentice moving. They both got blooded in battle yesterday."

He nodded, "I heard, on the one hand, they are young and on the other, they are getting Moon Blades put into their hands."

Eldar smiled at him as he knew. He got to Moon Ray's home and Tranosa let him know, "I have those units in the inn polishing armor and mages cleaning all the clothes. They are riding down to the creek at midday to get washed up and then riding back to shine up weapons and such and get dressed and into armor. When do you want them into position?"

Eldar looked at him, "An hour before the evening meal. Eat light and early, they have all that meat we captured to cook up so it shall be a hell of a feast at the mass wedding."

He walked inside and heard Tiger going at it early. He went and knocked on Moon Ray's door. All went quiet with Tiger and Silver Moon. He smiled, "Silver Moon I need you to teleport not teleport circle out to House Silvertree at mid-day meal. Give an extra hour after that time.

Then bring the guests collected there to the Village. Brides may go to my house but grooms may not. Victria is allowed, she is a Silvertree and a friend of Staria and Astria. Apprentice Moon Ray, up dressed in clean clothes, spells prepared and over to John Silver's house for the morning meal."

He headed over to John Silver's home and walked inside.

John was up already in his chair and Cook was cooking. "I would have brought some over."

Eldar smiled, "Brides have commandeered the house since last night. They get you all the meat and materials for the feast?"

She nodded, "Now if I just had more hands."

Eldar smiled, "Get us fed here and next door take all the material to the inn. Use the ovens and stoves we have there. You can borrow some clerics from across the way. When you see my Aunt tell her the Brides are gathering at my home."

She nodded, "A very good idea."

Eldar smiled, "Watch out for Tranosa's troops preparing for support. They are getting cleaned up and ready to rock the wedding. Down to polishing armor."

Cook looked at Eldar, "Who made that request?"

Eldar looked at her and smiled. She rolled her eyes.

Cook turned back to the stove, "You would think you have the Queen coming."

Eldar smiled, "We have a Goddess coming and we know about it this time."

Cook nodded, "True last time was a surprise. So many surprises that day."

He finished eating as his Apprentices finished. He looked at them. "Modified schedule for today, weapons training. No sparing, at Silent Falls. Left hand for an hour then right.

Repeat. You should get through two sets before jumping in the water and drying off. Then back here, unsaddle your horses and read until evening meal time. Eat light. There will be a feast at the wedding ceremony. Cook will be working her magic."

Cook headed to his home and he headed out for a ride to no place in particular.

He pulled up the crystal for The Queen as he walked outside, "Just checking, your Majesty wanted to ensure we had no issues with the Moon Blade Holders and their guests. Ensure they come to the front of my home. All of the Blade Holders have been there, Your Majesty."

The Queen chuckled, "No issues."

The stone went quiet. He pulled the one for the Princess "Princess, was just confirming our meeting at the evening meal, the Ambassador's quarter."

Eldar heard a chuckle, "Yes, we will be there."

Eldar put that crystal away. He pulled out the next one, "Jarron, how are you today?"

He heard Jarron groan, "You fucking teleport into the Council of Nines conference room without authorization?"

Eldar smiled, "Yes, did they tell you the specifics of why?"

He heard Jarron breathing, "No they were very vague on that."

Eldar chuckled, "As it should be as it was Dragon business. I refused to go to the Palace and drag them into a Dragon business circus. Are you there?"

He sighed, "Yes I got called in to answer for your teleportation."

Eldar smiled, "Please remind them I work for Lord Regal and he knows the specifics of why. You cannot justify anything as you do not know. If they want me to return, I know the way. I will tell them why in no uncertain terms. Just as I did when Lord Regal growled at me.

To what I assumed was his quarters. I unloaded everything I had been holding back and he did not have a good answer for me. Let me just say I did it to save their collective ASSES again."

Jarron sighed, "We really need to work on your diplomatic skills."

Eldar snorted, "I do not have time for bullshit and ass-kissing. Respect is one thing. I did not ask for this job. I was a victim of my successes, remember. Then there is the frustration of their failure that cost me my father's life. I requested several times for them to intervene. They almost cost us our Alliance.

Dealing with an asset in league with a rogue element of theirs. Not just in league with him. Responsible for helping to turn him into that creature. I cannot forgive them for their part in my father's death. That of the entire human court. I called on another matter. Since you are there, Lady Amy Tryst has been invited.