Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 01 Ch. 36

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Eldar, "Karti'Ros All of the swords are all activated and purified now. One is just dormant and awaiting the wielder to draw it. Set Mind control."

Karti'Ros, "Yes Activator of blades. Due to your work. The immunity to mind control is set for your choice."

Eldar looked at the brides, "Was this what you thought it would be?"

They all shook their heads. He looked at Jarron, "What is it like to stare into the eyes of a god? Wait. Disregard. I know."

The ladies laughed and the Queen grabbed Eldar's arm, "That was so intense I still feel the energy coursing through me."

Eldar looked at the Queen, "You saw my holy symbol and you see my eyes. I know all about feeling energy coursing through you, Your Majesty."

She nodded, "Your eyes are going back to that floating silver now."

Eldar looked around, "I would like all Moon Blade holders guarding the Queen unless you are getting married. Please move to the left side Blade Holders. The line forms behind these 6 ladies."

He looked at Rachel and Dorothy, "Satisfied with the answer?"

They both nodded. Eldar looked over, "Commander Tranosa, for the moment, please take charge of the Moon Blade holders. Ensure the Princess and her Military Adviser is next to the Queen and Jarron. I want the Duke and his family next. I want the mounted units behind them. I want the other two units on the other side near the Wood Elf village.

Have them directing those who are getting married into line with those coming in from the other village. I would like the Centaurs next to the mounted units. The two village units with our ground units behind all the waiting brides and grooms."

He looked at the ladies, "Wait here a moment I need to find Karra. See how the other village is progressing forward. Apprentices. I want you standing in front of the Queen. You two are short in addition to being Moon Blade Wielders."

That got a laugh from the Moon Blade holders, "Be sure to dry off BEFORE getting near the Queen."

Eldar saw the Captain still way off. He walked back to find Karra and she saw him and handed him the box and bag. He headed back toward the group and he saw the Princess. "I am going to move ahead of this column and I want you to see just how protected you are."

He went a good 100 feet ahead of the Captain. "Protection force Archers! Warning shots in front of me NOW!" Arrows came flying in from 3 directions. "Protection force ground units in the woods and Centaurs units in the woods please move out to the edge of the clearing and stand by until our visitors are to the Falls. Another twenty Centaurs and 40 ground units step out of the woods.

He grabbed all the arrows and walked back to the military advisers, "Those are Archers watching from the trees that you cannot see." He handed him a stack of 60 arrows. "You ever see an arrow at your feet in Wood Elf Lands it means stop, grab the arrow, and hold it in your right hand. They will have someone meet you. They rarely miss the target. They are the best archers in the land.

Keyno is an exceptional human archer who is on par and in some ways better with her focused skill. He looked at the stack of arrows and he showed them to the Princess, "You are safer here than in the Elven city. Nobody knows you are here and you are guarded by some of the most skilled fighters and casters around, Princess."

She nodded. He moved ahead and got back to the Moon Blade holders. "Moon Ray and Strong Oak, your new sheaths. Lieutenant Silversong your new 'I have to be different' sheath.'"

The guys chuckled. "Your Majesty, The box."

He looked over at the piles of moonstones. He started scooping them up and putting them in the bag and put that on his belt as all the units got into place.

Cook worked on setting up tables with Karra in the back. He looked at Charlemagne, "You have the rings?"

She nodded, "I have two, and Annette has two."

Everyone had filed in and he sighed and yelled out, "Everyone, take a knee for the Lady of Dreams! KATA!"

All of the Elven War Horses bowed as well. The light appears behind the waterfall and the curtain of water that was the falls parted. The Lady of Dreams walked through with her feet never touching the water. The Lady of Dreams walked to the middle of the lake, "Everyone please stand. Eldar please come to me with your ladies, all of them."

Eldar held their hands. "Have faith." He stepped out onto the surface of the water and Queen gasped as she saw them walk along the surface of the water. She saw it in her chambers and now she saw it in person.

They stopped a few feet from The Lady of Dreams and the sphere of white appeared. She looked at Eldar, "This will be the last time we meet like this Eldar. You will hear me in your dreams and the prophecies will dwindle but never go away. You have 6 very beautiful and pregnant ladies here. Yet, losses will come to you.

You will be mad at even the Gods when it occurs. Some things are destined. Some changed and some could be avoided. You are nearing the end of those things YOU will be able to avoid as you set this course. Some things have changed, like your necklace and the need for so many wives so soon.

You will make decisions based upon those future losses. They are yours to make. You will have more children than you think possible, but not all that you expect. Your fight with the Dragons over your father is regretful but not unexpected. You could not change the outcome.

They might have been able to do so but it would have been contrary to their nature. The answer you are wanting to know was he destined to die just then? The answer is no. What you did for Victria and those things you did do for your brothers are all very noble.

The lich will surface again in the future. From that day forward it will no longer be your destiny to deal with him. It will fall to another. You will look into the eyes of the one who is destined to do so at some point after that. You will not live forever. You are not indestructible and one day a champion of another deity will come hunting you.

You have challenges ahead but the biggest ones you have dealt with. Your town will grow, your children will thrive, your students will continue to inspire others for generations. Your vision for the people, which we embraced, is coming to pass. It was your vision that we adopted, not a vision that we gave to you. The ideas are yours.

The best ones always are. You will have more successes than failures. Trust your wives and the advice they give you. Trust them and your children to know their own hearts and where their future is pointing them. You have issued as many warnings as you can. Not all will be heeded. You change a society one mind at a time.

When someone like you comes along society changes in a big jump. Hundreds of minds seeing what you see. It made sense, they just had to be told to look at what was going on around them. You have a question, one last question you wish to ask."

He looked at her, "You said the Lich will pass to another which tells me that I am not meant to champion that cause. Just as the pursuit of my father's killer cannot consume me. My father was consumed by the search for my mother. My Sword had an ability added to take on the undead. Does this mean the next destined wielder is the same one I will be looking into the eyes of?"

She looked at him without trying to be direct, "I forget sometimes just how observant champions can get. You will know who when the lich strikes again. Destinies can change, but you will likely be looking into the eyes of the next wielder. You will know when you see them. They may or may not take up the sword in the future. That decision will be their choice. They may pursue the lich before they are ready or the sword is available."

Eldar nodded, "Which means my daughter the Blade Singer will not be destined to carry the blade forward. Her destiny appears tied to mine."

She smiled, "Some things might change. Right now, that is not her destiny. Her destiny is to be the guardian of the southern border, you will train her for us. Now the one question I was expecting was not those. It was the question of the Silvertree at the Estate. It is special, it will live as long as House Silvertree lives.

When you die far into the future, we hope. It will provide one seed for every year of your life. Then it will seed every 40 years. Only seconds have passed to everyone else we have several marriages to get through."

Epilogue

On Junta 12th 7016

The goddess married more than 100 couples that night. Much to Jarron's surprise, Eldar brought every Moon Blade wielder into the Knights including his apprentices. Just as he had told Lord Regal he was going to do. He brought the Duke back as a Captain to help rebuild the order in Grand Falls.

Given the knowledge that his father's death could have been prevented only added fuel to the fire inside of him in regards to Lord Regal and the rest of the Dragons. His growing mistrust with the Order's responses drove him to force change and to take action.

He took what authority he had been given and exercised change, he never consulted Lord Regal on his activities. Sending changes in ranks and members through Charlemagne to Lady Silver Hair. The Queen and Princess both had a small view of Eldar's life with the visit by the deities that night.

Junta 23th 7016

The Elven Ambassador to the humans retired from the Diplomatic Service. The Queen did not let it go and had him integrated to find out about his relationship with the Lich. He was executed for providing material support to a necromancer.

A distant cousin of hers and she felt the weight of taking the action as well as the burden that one of her own family members helped to create that monster. She had all volumes on restricted material cataloged and required the head of the Academies to approve access.

With notification to the Royal family to that information being accessed and by whom. She never told Eldar but suspected he knew because of the warning to quit the Service Eldar gave the Ambassador. The former Ambassador kept repeating it as he was executed days later.

Feba 11th 7018

The first of the prophecy children were born. Crisius Dusk Moon the second Champion was born. Her first brother arrived seconds apart from their sister. Montang while Parzyen Dusk Moon took another thirty minutes. Rachael Silvertree went into labor and delivered the first of the new Silvertree line. She was not carrying one set of twins but two sets. Elise, Joshua, Tristus, and Frodimis Silvertree were born.

Twin boys and twin girls. Born girl then boy. She named the two eldest after her parents. They were ecstatic to have grandchildren. The following day her brother left the Gray Blades and took a role as a Captain in the Knights he sought to find.

Carrying on his father's legacy. He took his new elven wife with him. She was a Knight training to become an officer under Jarron's command, both infertile. She made the rank of lieutenant and they looked to be a husband-wife team.

Mia 15th 7018

Dorothy gave birth to two healthy boys. Eldus Silvertree and Charlie Silvertree named after Eldar and Charlemagne's nickname.

Mia 26th 7018

The largest number of births at one time occurred under a lunar event that caused the world to shake. The Queen gave birth to two healthy boys Jarivus Goldeagle and Heliar Goldeagle under the watchful eyes of his Aunt Trisna Dogwood. Name after a long-forgotten King and Eldar's father.

Heliar becomes the predestined Grand cleric for Corellon Larethian while his brother was heir to the throne. Annette's boys were born first in the town that night and were the smallest of the children. Valita Silvertree and John Silvertree after the grandfather who died six weeks before the children were born.

Thirty minutes later Charlemagne gave birth to Monaisa Silvertree, the predestined Grand Cleric for Sehanine Moon Bow. Zaria'fay Silvertree, the next legendary Blade Singer in the family delivered by Doc. This was followed by Eldarus Dogwood and Raldar Dogwood.

The two predestined clerics for Erevan Ilesere and Rillifane Rallathil were born. Cook became the first of the mothers to become infertile due to complications at childbirth. Eagle-eye gave birth to Markum Stormcloud and Airiana Stormcloud. Airiana being the predestined Grand Cleric for Aerdrie Faenya.

Juna 8th 7018

An unnatural storm struck the area and claimed the life of Astria Silvertree. The storm also caused the death of one of his unborn children. The first child to die. The other child Branar'Lortan Silvertree was another story altogether. In the hours following the death of Astria reports started trickling in from wood-elf scouts.

A skeletal figure had been seen upon a nearby hill and seemed to be controlling the weather. One scout simply disappeared and another was seen being evaporated into dust before the skeletal figure disappeared. Eldar spent days in his chambers and was inconsolable.

Juna 18th 7018

Staria gives birth to two baby boys. Trimus and Edius Silvertree were healthy. An accord was struck with the remaining wives that Eldar agreed to and accepted. Eldar would add no more wives while any of them remained. When all six had passed Eldar would marry 6 new wives.

Every time a wife would die, they would find an infertile woman who wished to take on the role of a consort. They would know the rules of the accord and would we be sent on their way with a small inheritance after the passing of the last wife. Every year they would add an amount of gold equal to the lost number of wives' times 20,000. Each in a separate account for each consort.

Jula 12th 7019

Twenty-three months after his father's death. The last of Eldar's brothers were born. Gradis and Heliarson Silvertree.

Auga 1st 7019

Rachel gave birth to another set of twins, a boy, and girl but the strain of so many children in a short time took its toll and she died during labor. The children were named Blake and Rachel Silvertree.

Named after one of her cousins and one in honor of the mother who birthed her. Loss of two wives in just over a year had taken a toll. The ladies and Eldar took this hard as they had lost two mothers so soon.

Auga 6th 7019

Dorothy Silvertree gave birth to two more sons Paul and Primar Silvertree.

Auga 9th 7019

Charlemagne and Annette did it again, they went into labor on the same day. Charlemagne baby Girl Helia Silvertree was born first. Followed by Annette's son Branus Silvertree and her daughter Violoa Silvertree. The last to be born was Charlemagne's baby boy Zandem Silvertree. Unlike the previous pregnancies, they decided too much information on destinies was not always a good idea.

Feba 17th 7020

Staria gave birth to her second set of twins. Again, two boys. Gaziur and Crisskost.

Feba 25th 7021

Dorothy gave birth to her last set of twin daughters. Unlike her sister, she passes a few hours after. An unseen complication. Her girls were named Ann and Dorothy. Named for Annette and her mother. Ann was a given they had talked about and Dorothy was decided by Eldar because her mother died. Three wives lost including both human wives.

Juna 18th 7021

Eldar took his two blade Singers into the tournament. Just over four and half years under their belt and they beat half the field. Strong Oak finished seventeenth and Moon Ray finished in nineteen places.

One of Master Trainer Yetto's students finishes in eighteenth, fourteenth, and eleventh place. His students were just under five years under their belt. Eldar's brother finished in eleventh. Master Trainer Yetto expresses his appreciation in the apprentices Eldar brought.

Septa 11th 7022

Charlemagne was in labor alone this time. She seemed to be having some complications and her two sons Dolus Silvertree and Milas Silvertree were born. The complications left her infertile but after having three sets of twins the news was kind of a relief to her.

Septa 19th 7022

It was late and Annette was in labor. She delivers a girl Yuolia Silvertree. Her labor seems to be going on forever.

Septa 20th 7022

Annette's son Hectus Silvertree was born. Like her sister, the complications from labor made her incapable of conceiving again. She was a bit saddened but also relieved to be alive with twins born on two separate days. As predicted on their wedding night they had a dozen children from the two of them. The second wedding added to that total in children, joy, and sorrow.

Juna 18th 7026

With the Academy up and running they took 4 battle mages, 6 arcane archers, and Eldar's two Blade Singers to the tournament. None of Quatarsia's Academy members finished in the bottom half of the field. While all but Eldar's Blade Singers were five-year students.

His Blade Singers both finished in the top 10. Moon Ray finished in fourth and Strong Oak finished in sixth place. Third, fifth, and seventh places went to Master Trainer Yetto. Eldar's Brother finished in third. Ten years beating out most thirty-year students. The top 2 were 30-year students and they came very close to elimination.

Juna 18th 7031

They travel to the tournament with 10 battle mages, 14 arcane archers, and 4 Blade Singers. Silver Moon got her Grand Master status and trained one of her children and another from the city who was rejected because of space. There were 2 first-place finishes this year with Moon Ray winning.

Along with Shadirus Silver Sword winning in the Battle Mages category, as he was Fireball and Karra's son A young Arcane Mimic, a 6th-year student. The Capital Academy had no idea how to deal with him or Arcane Mimics, Golden Bow never informed the others they would be arriving.

Strong Oak finished in 3rd but his opponent should have been disqualified for use of a magic item he was not allowed to have. They made him remove it for the final bout and Moon Ray crushed him. She stretched the match for 15-minutes and switched hands 5 times.

She punished him for cheating as she should have been up against Strong Oak. She made him look like a fool with a blade by comparison. After the end of the tournament, Magister Golden Bow of the Capital Academy was forced to step down as many Gold Elf houses stood against him for the embarrassment in their teaching methods. Elios, his brother, finished in fourth.

A review of the admittance policy and procedures was being reviewed and they requested a 30-year moratorium on all Academy tournaments. They wanted to get fresh students in for the next slaughter. They also wanted to age-out any other Arcane Mimics, like Chilara Silver Sword who was in her 3rd year and still beat one of the 30-year students. Eldar told his students they both fought with honor.

Master Trainer Yetto's students finished in 4th, 5th, and 7th places. He congratulated Eldar on showing them that the Academy could be producing better students. That his prized student could make it even harder for future generations without changes.

The Academy has made a formal request to send observers to Quatarsia's Academy for 2 years which was granted by Eldar personally with the Queen's blessing. Above all Eldar wanted the best for the Elven people.

Juna 18th 7033

They went through 3 Blade Singer observers because of taking students into actual combat. The first one was killed and the second one was injured severely enough on the field that he was replaced. The Grandmaster that was the head of the City Academy took his place. He observed Eldar's trial by combat against a rogue Blade Singer less than a year after he left the Academy.

He got a first-hand look at how and what Eldar taught. How it applied to the battlefield. He had spent 50 years in the Army over 200-years ago so he knew how to handle skirmishes with mixed sets of skills in the troops. Eldar sent him off with the last Elven war horse sired by T'suras. He gave Eldar a sincere thank you for showing him the changes that needed to be made.