Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 02 Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In fact, I flat out refused after the revelation of my family deaths associated with this lich. The Dragons' inaction, though they were capable of dealing with him before he turned and escaped. To deal with the issue and instead they hid behind these failed Treaties. I am working for the Queen. I was too hung up on not trusting the Dragons, Your Majesty."

Jarron nodded and looked at the Queen. The Queen looked at Brannar, "Let me see, you gathered the information to destroy the alliance with the Council of Nine, form a new Alliance with the Metallics, establish an embassy, prostitute your brother, capture a pirate ship with a half-blue, captured a full black dragon single-handedly, and got Jarron back in the field. What would you do with him in light of that Jarron?"

Brannar raised his hand, "I also picked him up a consort, Your Majesty."

The Queen laughed. Jarron glared at him, "I do not know what to do with someone who has such a mixed record of accomplishment."

Brannar smiled, "You cannot make me a General as I will be operating on the ocean most of the time, Your Majesty."

The Human Queen looked over, "There is a General equivalent for ocean-based officers. It goes from Captain to Commodore then Admiral."

Brannar looked at the Queen, "I believe the choice falls to you, Your Majesty. IF we are dissolving the Knights, at least as a guise to hide what we are doing. I am sailing ships with the Kingdom flag on it then it would fall under the Military. In which case you are conscripting me into service in this role."

Jarron laughed, "He makes a good point, Your Majesty."

Brannar smiled and looked at Jarron, "Which is why she can conscript you in as a General in the Military and there is no walking away until she clears it. With Field Marshal status so you can work with the other regional generals we would have to put into place to just TRY and replace you. Just like when you made my father a Duke."

The Queen laughed, "Oh I love this."

Jarron looked at her, "You are really going to do this?!"

She laughed. Brannar commented, "You could set him up a General of Foreign Operations. As Commodore falls under that rank then I would report to Jarron. If you want me reporting directly to you then Admiral, Your Majesty."

She looked at Brannar, "I want you to be my first in...I do not know how many centuries, Admiral. I want you to center out of the Deep Sea and work to secure that Island. THAT is a top priority for the Elven Kingdom and our ALLIES. Jarron, I like General of Foreign Operations because that would be code for Knights."

Brannar looked at her, "I would move Silver Moon to a Commodore, as with twelve ships we will each be overseeing a group at a time. Captain in Naval forces is the level of a single ship. I would say make her an admiral too but she would kill me, Your Majesty."

Jarron laughed, "True she has avoided promotion on a couple of occasions."

The Queen nodded, "That means making the two of you Dukes and Silver Moon a Countess."

Brannar looked at Jarron, "I blame you. As soon as she started talking about me eventually replacing you, I threw my hands in the air and stated, 'I did not know enough about your operation. NOBODY does.'"

Jarron laughed, "True except for the dragons. That will change as I make contact with all of them to forward all communication through me to the Queen from now on."

He looked at the Queen, "Does this mean I can work to transfer assets from the Gray Blades via Tranosa, Your Majesty."

She laughed, "Three-way fight to get assets from the Gray Blades!?"

Brannar smiled, "Jarron, to make it look like a full out recall of all Knight assets should be sent to Gray Blade Headquarters. We will transfer them out to the embassy in groups."

He nodded, "You are stealing assets from me, the Dwarven King, and your sister."

Brannar smiled, "Both Academies and those Blade Dancers our guest the Queen might be able to get some candidates for this operation, your Majesties."

The Elven Queen looked at Jarron and Brannar, "I will have your papers and the papers for Silver Moon ready in an hour. Also, the Duchess paperwork for your Paladin wife."

Brannar looked at Jarron, "You get to wake those two and tell them to get dressed and to the Palace. Do not give a reason. I will call my sister and get her and Tranosa up here so they can get briefed. I also need to go to the enchanter's store.

If I am going to buy that many ships a trip to the bank." The Queen looked at him, "How much are we talking about?"

He looked at her, "400,000 gold pieces for the main ships, minimum. These others we would be putting a rush on them getting completed. Then there are the enchantments, getting potions of flying, boots of flying ordered for every heavily armored member, and the landing craft. We are well over a million gold pieces. Maybe as much as 2 million as half of that would be done back here with local enchanters, Your Majesty."

She looked at Brannar, "Potions of flying and boots?"

He nodded, "I have the money in my personal account I just need to get it converted. You do not realize how much money my father poured into the town out of his own funds. He paid for every horse, house, oven, and most of the businesses. It is a bit of a family tradition, Your Majesty."

She laughed, "Your father was very generous with the Crown in other areas refusing some money but I required him to do something. He built an Academy."

Brannar smiled. "That request will be coming later. To build another to train all of the magical talents across the provinces and all the elf-blooded children my brother Valita is leaving behind. Given the sensitive nature of the forge, we will have to decide what to do about the location. We could build on the 40 square miles of land I bought for the Embassy, Your Majesty."

She laughed and Brannar nodded, "I am serious. I want Doc to divine how many children he has. He has likely passed father. I think he did 4 sisters last night alone. I better call my sister, Jarron, get the two ladies and Valita to come, your Majesties."

They stepped out the door and Jarron got on the crystal and Brannar got on his, "Sister good afternoon."

She was grunting, "I am pounding this little bitch of mine in the nether-hole what do you want?"

He smiled, "I need Doc, Tranosa and you at the Palace as soon as possible. I will need one of you to run me over to the bank as the accounts do not go to that region. Standing outside the Queen's Audience Chamber with Jarron. On my way to the front door. You will be in front of the Queen so dress accordingly."

He heard her groan, "You are really fucking with my fuck life."

He smiled, "The day is young, wait until you see what you are wanted for."

He let the crystal go quiet. He got out front and Tranosa showed up on a horse with a Gray Blade mage who teleported him and Doc. He looked at Doc, "Check my wife for pregnancy, including twins.

When she arrives, I need you to divine off of my brother Valita who will be coming in with her. I need to know how many children he has and how many on the way."

He slid back behind Tranosa, "Good to see you, old friend. We will be talking a lot in the coming weeks."

He smiled as he took Brannar to the bank, "Why, they making you like Jarron?"

He sighed, "Yes, but I am building a navy."

He laughed. Then saw Brannar was not laughing, "A Navy? Where?"

Brannar smiled, "Other side of the world in the Deep-Sea. I am on the way to pick up funds to buy another 10 warships. I bought 2 already."

He sighed, "What do you need warships for?"

He sighed, "Going after my mother's killer who has 4 of my 6 siblings who went missing in that part of the world. The other 2 are dead. I do not know which 2. All part of the Spirit of Silver group. I gathered the information from a pirate ship with an undead crew and a half blue half-dragon ogre captain. We can talk about the other stuff when we are in a secure area. Between you, Jarron, and we will be pulling about 1,200 hundred men and women. Maybe 1,800 hundred."

Tranosa looked at him, "For 4 siblings?"

Brannar sighed, "When we get back."

He nodded. Brannar ran into the bank and walked up and gave her his account number, "I would like to pull one million gold pieces in 10,000 gold piece diamonds."

She looked at him, "I don't know if I can do that."

He smiled, "Contact your boss and have him talk to the Queen and find out if I can do this. I am working on her behalf halfway around the world. I am in a bit of a hurry as I am keeping the Queen waiting."

She went and talked to her boss and he came over, "I am sorry we cannot do this for just."

Brannar cut him off, "I am presently Sir Silvertree. I am returning to the Palace because the Queen is making me a Duke today. You probably know who my father was. One of his Generals is currently outside waiting on a horse to take me back to the Palace. I am on special assignment for the Queen halfway around the world, I teleported in just an hour ago. To give her a major change in developments. She wishes me to expend even more resources to get this job done. I take it you are a Goldbar?"

He nodded and Brannar leaned in and whispered, "I have my father's journal which talked about what happened to your previous patron and elders. Would you like me to pull up the entry and read it to your bank customers while I wait?"

He shook his head and came back with what he asked for.

Brannar looked at him, "You hear the names Gray Blade or Silvertree you better damned well show them the respect they deserve. They have done more for this kingdom that you can even imagine."

He nodded. Brannar took what he asked for, counted them out, and then left him after putting them in a bag of holding. He got back outside, "Bankers are such asses."

Tranosa chuckled and they rode back to the Palace.

He looked at him, "Come inside you are going to want to see this and the meeting afterward."

He got down and walked in with Jarron who waited there as the ladies had not arrived or they were not here at the moment. He walked over to the Captain's office. A different Captain was on duty, "Hello, who is the boss of the Captain that was on earlier?"

He looked at Brannar, "I am, something wrong?"

Brannar nodded, "I am fairly thick-skinned about things. The next noble who comes in and he calls an asshole under his breath might get him in a shit storm of trouble."

He smiled, "You must be Sir Asshole he referred to."

Brannar nodded and whispered, "In a few minutes the Queens making me a Duke!"

He snapped back and Brannar looked at him, "My meeting with her this morning was THAT important."

He nodded, "I will inform him of the error of his ways as he never knows when things will change rapidly."

Brannar smiled, "I need 14 royal flags the size of this door and 16 smaller ones."

He looked at Brannar, "What for?"

He smiled, "I am building the Queen a Navy on the other side of the world in the Deep Sea. I need them for our new Embassy and 12 warships I will be purchasing. The first two will be available next week. Watch the ceremony if you like. I would like to have those as soon as possible."

He went over to Doc, and he looks at Brannar, "Triplets."

He chuckled, "My brother Valita?"

Doc's eyes went big, "52 and 20."

He asked Doc, "Does she know?"

He shook his head. Brannar nodded, "Good I will tell her."

Jarron tapped him, "They are ready for us."

He looked at Doc, "Watch this."

Brannar walked up and stood between Jarron and Silver Moon.

The Queen looked at them, "Please step forward and take a knee."

She looked at Jarron, "You have served this Kingdom for centuries and this is long overdue. I hereby appoint you a Duke and Conscript you into Service as my General of Foreign Operations.

You Young Storm Wraith like your father before you have impressed even at such a young age. I appoint you a Duke and conscript you into service as the first Admiral in over 7 millennia. Admiral Silvertree is building a fleet as we speak to return our presence to the Deep-Sea Region of the world."

She steps over to Silver Moon, "You have been knighted in two courts. You have been working tirelessly in expanding our reach into this area of the world where your husband originated. Including working to establish diplomatic channels and our first Embassy in that part of the world. I hereby appoint you a Countess and Conscript you into Service as a Commodore in our new navy."

The Queen stepped back, "You may rise." There was clapping going around and the Queen looked at the Court. "There are times when I am at liberty to say what activities led to these changes. Sometimes, like now, secrecy is extremely important. These activities are the beginning of some much bigger activities thanks to the pioneering efforts of these three. I would also like to talk about Eldar Silvertree for a moment. His loss is felt by many in this court and this city. Our population has increased.

The size of the kingdom increased with the reclaimed forests. The number of trained and talented caster increased with the additional Academy which he oversaw. This drove changes to the way the City Academy accepted and evaluated students. The changes he made are reflected in all of his children and grandchildren.

He has a daughter who is here today who assumed the steady hand of her father's work and is ever vigilant of the enemy at our southern border. She is a fierce warrior fighting since she was a child, at the direction of the Gods. Now the Master Trainer for the Blade Singers. They also had their grandfather who was a brilliant diplomat and my friend for many years.

The Silvertree Family is a credit to what can be done in the service of the kingdom. I would like a private audience with them and their families. Including the Gray Blades who are here today."

They followed the Queen back to her chamber and the door was already open and it was just them and then closes. She secured the room, and looked around. "Please speak freely. Between the surprise visit by the Human Queen, Dwarven King, and court in general when you have more than one monarch in the Palace this was a full house. Your father would like to say. Speak plainly."

Brannar looked over at Tranosa, "What was my father's nickname?"

Tranosa looked over "General Stud."

He pointed to Valita, "My dear Bardic brother has entertained quite a few ladies in his travels. Valita has adopted that title and blown the hell out of it. Doc has divined he has 52 children with another 20 on the way. When we capture this island I talk about building an Academy. I wanted you to know my brother is single-handedly working to fill it. Silver, we have triplets on the way. I had Doc check when you arrived."

She smiled at him. The Queen looked over, "Congratulations Duchess Silvertree."

Silver Moon looked over, "How did I become a Countess?"

He smiled, "You did not want Jaron's job, my sister's role, or to run the whole navy we are building. I have been authorized to request another 10 ships. You will oversee more than one that makes you a Commodore. For the Gray Blades that means we will be looking for 1,200-1,800 troops.

Before you panic, there will be a massive recall of Knights to report to the blades. We will be taking them in groups to the embassy and to the ships as they come in. Now, this is more than getting the bastard Lich who killed my mother and brother, the three Draco-liches he is months away from creating or four of our siblings from the Spirit of Silver group he has in his possession and plans to sacrifice.

He is located on the site of the Eternal Forge or Great Forge depending on who you are talking with. The builder of dragon lances, siege weapons to take down dragons, dwarven artifacts, and the forge on which the Moon Blades were crafted. He is using power from it to work his experiments.

Father got rid of the relics he had. We know now that we will not prevent the next Dragon War. It is coming. We have to start preparing. That is why this forge is so important. The alliance with the Council of Nine is all but dead now.

Which is why we were conscripted into these roles. We will still be Knights; a new alliance is in the works with the Metallics. Jarron, Silver Moon, Silver, and I sat through a productive talk with just Lady Silver Hair earlier.

The reason for the increase in Draco-lich activity is because the dragon population is reaching the point where it is not sustainable. As it is, a set of dragons has been working in the shadows for years taking humans, dwarves, and elves as food.

Along with many other races including our enemies. The Deep-Sea Elves were wiped out by these dragons 3 millennia ago. All of this data was recovered from a pirate ship Silver Moon and I captured. Piloted by a half blue that I almost killed.

We lost several good people. I almost lost Silver to the Sea on that attack. I am also the only one I know of to capture a black dragon single-handed in the middle of a Warlords Palace; while surrounded by oblivious guests. We have been busy on the other side of the world.

If you want to read disgusting recipes on the best way to cook people the Queen has the books. The other news is to continue using your communication crystals. Badmouth the crap out of the dragons for their treachery. Someone is listening. All crystals need to be replaced with encrypted versions.

I have already talked with the heads of 3 Royal families here today. We want whoever is listening to the open crystals to know we are fed up with the dragon lies. Through the secure crystals, we will work on rebuilding the Alliance of old AS EQUALS.

We found out when we shared the information, we gained as a group. We had a piece that showed one thing they had the next piece and soon the picture became very clear. When you get the head of all 3 Royal families agreeing that working with, not for, the metallics were in our best interest of all involved.

The metallics cannot protect us. We cannot protect them. Together we will be informed of what each of us is doing so we can coordinate efforts. Some of this stuff is not from my head. It was in my father's journal. I just got over 90% of it confirmed as well as my own concerns. THAT was a huge step. Got away from the 'Dragon Business' bullshit."

He looked at Zaria, "Pretty fucked up isn't it?"

She nodded, "You took our father's theories and expanded on them. He would be happy to know he was not as paranoid as others thought he was getting."

Brannar looked over, "So brother. How does it feel to be procreator of the year?"

That got a few laughs. He just smiled. "How many of the four daughters did you nail last night?"

He chuckled, "It was 1 and we agree to 6 after you left."

Silver gasped.

Brannar looked at her, "I told you it was what he lived for. Fuck like a bunny then moves onto the next one. Doc one more divination on my brother, "How many of the 72 have magical talent?"

Doc laughed, "All but 2 and they are in separate sets, one who has not been born yet."

Brannar looked at Valita, "You magical stud you!"

His family laughed and the Queen shook her head, "I still wish they found their way home, to our people."

Brannar nodded, "That is where the Academy either on the island or at the Embassy. I think the embassy is easier. That will lead them home because we will be sending a lot of elves into that region; my brother is barred from relations with half-elves in 10 years as they could be his own daughters...or sons." This drew a couple of laughs.

Valita did not miss a beat, "I ended up in the wrong bed once and I was drunk that night. But he liked to cuddle."

Everyone laughed or groaned. The Queen looked over, "Your papers."

Silver was surprised she had a set. He looked at her, "You are a duchess, it gets you the royal discount."

1...45678...17