Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 03 Pt. 02

Story Info
Enhanced Edition 2020.
85.2k words
4.83
4.8k
7

Part 40 of the 50 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 07/19/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Silvertree Chronicles Book Three, Rise of the Paladin, Part 2 (Enhanced Edition)

Synopsis: The Grandson of Eldar Silvertree, son of Brannar, Lortan 'Storm Wraith' Silvertree, Travious Silvertree Knight Paladin, Champion of Corellon Larethian finished his ninety years of Training. The task before him was daunting as he understood why elven paladins were needed and the years of training beyond any other warriors before them were required.

***Inspired by multiple fantasy environments. Not endorsed by any of them. © EmotionalStorm June 2020. This story cannot be transferred to any other site besides Literotica.com without the prior authorizations in writing from the author and EmotionalStorm must be credited for this work.

Authors Note: For those who have not read my bio, please note I write as a form of therapy for a Traumatic Brain Injury. I know the English majors will probably encounter issues that annoy them. If these are your focus, instead of the story itself, then this is not the story for you. I am not and will never be a professional writer.

I do it to tell the story, for those who wish to read them. I originally submitted this story back in July of 2018. I have worked to try and improve my writing style while struggling with this issue. I have added some editing software and written a few other stories. Now I am revising and editing this earlier work to try and bring it up to a higher standard from what I have managed to learn over the last few years.

The Far East

Travious sat down with his wives at the table, "We will have an evening meal shortly and then it will be a long night as we start our day over again. I am going to visit my parents grave at the embassy they founded near the Deep-Sea. I would like to spend the day in the area.

Majisa the embassy would be safe for you. Countess you will have to remain with us as we deal with the Ambassador who probably has these glasses. My father's journal mentioned a young Silver working for the local warlord. Is he still there?"

She shook her head, "No he answered the call to return. There were two others in that same situation out there who did the same. Then a couple who did not answer the call but are hiding at the moment because of children on the way."

Travious nodded, "Any chance I could meet with them? With Majisa and Bree?"

She nodded, "We could do that from there. Can I ask why?"

He smiled. "Just a few thoughts on our dragon riders coming and the return of the dragons. As well as the security measures we are using."

She nodded, "Very well."

Travious smiled, "I have a few questions for Staria."

The Countess walked out and brought Staria in. Travious looked at her, "Do you have meta-magic feats?"

She looked at me, "Only one, empower. Then widen but a draconic version that deals with mythic magic."

He nodded, "If I got you a rod for widening could it be used with empowering a spell for this place to create a habitat for dragon couples?"

She appeared to be having a conversation with the Countess and then she nodded, "That spell cannot be empowered. Widen would not be possible either as the spell is too high powered for that. I have a rod for that based on draconic mythic magic that would work for that."

He looked at her, "Thank you. What age dragon can fit through the opening?"

She thought about it, "Nothing larger than a young adult without shifting forms to get through the door."

He looked at her, "These mother and fathers going to enter the fight when it comes or be looking over their young? Would Majisa make a good caretaker when that time arrives as she is to stay out of the combat? Could you cast another inside of the mansion to expand it and the food it has but also to act as a vault if you will for any horde they might have?"

Again, the two of them were talking mentally. The Countess looked at Travious, "This would have to be done here if Majisa were to watch over any young. The environments would be too cold for the silver dragons for her to fulfill this role."

He nodded, "But there was also something mentioned by the goddess about having a safe haven if you will for your people while you rebuild after this. This concept can be used here, to begin with, and when things become calmer closer to where you wish to rebuild.

Part of your negotiations with the King. But if she can set up a permanent one for your couples in hiding then would it not be a better opportunity for them? Especially those with hatchlings or new eggs?"

They appeared to be talking and the Countess left the house. Staria looked at Travious, "You made some very good points. She is contacting those in the greatest danger and finding out if this is something they would want. Either where they are at or here." He nodded. "Reasonable response. I thought that in 10-12 years getting riders on true dragons and true dragons used to having riders would be a good thing."

She smiled, "Yes, that would also be advantageous."

They sat down at the table and ate. The Countess returned, "Staria stay behind to rest and be ready to set up those portals. Your King chuckled at your idea and we hashed out at least a temporary arrangement to bring in a few using this standard home design, minus the banners for the others. We have three couples in areas of high danger that would like extraction.

Another six couples would like to do this. They found your idea intriguing. They have to remain in elven form while here until an announcement is made. The hatchlings and eggs would have to be kept in the secure quarters with special environmental controls.

The ladies here can make that happen while Staria starts on making the first three permanents. Your idea of putting in a second inside to act as a vault they found intriguing as well. You are winning support among mine."

Staria stood, "Can have the first two up and made permanent in a few hours."

Travious nodded. "The permanency being the issue?"

She nodded, "Yes."

He smiled, "Let me go to the tower here and see if they have a few scrolls of it handy."

She nodded, "Then I could get the third one done today as well."

Bree stood, "I will go with you to the tower."

They walked out and he had his bow at the ready. She sighed, "Still concerned for assassins?"

He nodded, "No telling if he dispatched another group or if that second group came from the drow. We will stop and see my Aunt on the way. He activated the crystal as he went downstairs, "Is this a bad time?"

She chuckled, "I am beginning to regret getting you that crystal. What do you need?"

Travious smiled, "My prisoner. Has our uncle questioned him?"

She sighed, "No, does he need to?"

Travious chuckled, "The one guy who attacked was going to say a name before killing me. I wanted to know if this guy knew what it was. It might be more than one out to kill me after all. I know I am working my way up to the top of your list."

She chuckled, "I would do it myself. But I will get him to check in the morning."

He let the crystal go dark and they walked their way over to the tower. Travious looked at him, "I need to see whoever is in charge now."

He looked shocked to see Travious and teleported him up to the Magister's office. Travious looked over at the lady, "We have not met. I am Knight Paladin Silvertree."

She looked shocked, "You pulled the last Magister into combat."

He nodded, "After he sent me an unqualified person into the field who almost got me killed and with the approval of the Duchess and the King. I lost my sister, her betrothed, and my Great Uncle in that last battle. That is not why I am here. I need permanency scrolls for a project that I am working on for the King. Do you have any?"

She walked over to a cabinet. "I have three."

He nodded, "Two will do." She nodded and handed them to him.

She looked at Travious, "Was it worth it? The fight you took them for?"

He nodded, "An enemy champion to the orcish god who sent the assassins into this area that killed over a 120. We killed over 28,000 and killed the other champion. We now have control of the orc valley. Which will allow us to bottle them up in the next war they bring at us. First, they have to find a new leader. Imagine what I could have done with an army instead of just 27. We lost 17 of them in the last battle with all but 5 of the 17 war horses dead."

She looked at him and nodded. He walked back with Bree, "We are ready to go now. You take care now Magister. I will be building a new team but I will hit up the city Academy and the army next."

She nodded and they were back downstairs. He walked back to the inn and into his home.

He looked at Staria, "Two scrolls for you. One for the future if the need arises."

She nodded and smiled. He looked at the Countess, "Time to start our day over and visit the embassy."

The Countess smiled, "As your father and grandfather, you are a force of nature. We will be down in a moment."

He grabbed his gear and Bree followed, "Why did you want me going on this?"

He sighed, "You are a constant. The second woman I asked to marry me, an arcane who could use this teleport location depending on this, and one who is hurting like I am from the losses of that last battle."

She nodded, "Thank you for taking me along. A change of scenery might be good."

He smiled, "You will want to get your horse in case we go for a ride while we are there."

She nodded and went off. Shi'Drakon came over. He saw his Aunt with her current students coming in. Travious thought, "Shi'Drakon. Why don't you have my Aunt and her students fly over here for a moment? I want to see her reaction. Have Straka join us in case I need to leave you to ficka the whole other herd."

He heard laughter from him. Then the screams as the four of them gained height and landed in front of him as he finished getting the saddle on.

He looked at his Aunt, "You can communicate mentally with your horse and yes they can fly. They have been holding back. Shi'Drakon's arrival and my personal loss of my sister opened up the pathway for them to be willing to provide these abilities to us. I figured you would want to let your guys know that they can go aerial."

She looked at Travious, "I am having a conversation with my horse at the moment. This was surprising but wondrous."

He smiled, "I did not use the crystal this time. I hinted at my unit would become aerial but you did not catch that subtle reference earlier apparently."

She chuckled and they rode to the Keep. The ladies showed up and got their horses quickly. He looked at Majisa, "We will see about getting you a pair when the announcement is made."

She smiled, "I would like that."

It took another five minutes and they were gathered in front of the embassy. There were two guards at the door who saw them teleport in. They looked at them because it was early.

Travious rode forward, "Is the ambassador available. Tell him Knight Paladin Silvertree is here with his wives and friends."

One of them went inside and he dismounted as did the ladies. He saw the guard come back with a man in a robe who looks like he just got out of bed.

He wore a set of glasses. Travious looked at him, "I have a matter to discuss with you concerning recent events that will be eye-opening. This should be done in a secure location."

He stopped, saw, and nodded. They walked inside to a dining room and he looked at Travious, "Two dragons?"

Travious secured the room and looked at him, "Watch the security! More than that. The Queen of the Silvers who worked with my father to recover the forge. The youngest daughter of Lord Regal, King of the Gold Dragons. A Princess and one of my wives.

This is of course classified, but the Queen knew the way here. I wanted to visit my parents' grave as I was unable to attend the funeral. I am looking at leaving these two with you while I take a look at the Academy. The Elven Kingdom is helping to breed half-dragons to aid in the dragon war that will return in 75-85 years.

To them, it will seem like days. We will be joining that fight. We just destroyed over 28,000 thousand orcs and another champion in the orc valley which is now under our control. We did this with a force of 27."

He looked at Travious, "I am ambassador New Moon. My brother wields our family blade. What brought this about?"

Travious smiled, "Diplomacy and the Lady of Dreams letting the King know this would be better for our people. How are our relations with the local Warlord?"

He looked at Travious, "Very amenable. Our trade arrangements have benefited him and his allies. He does have a few enemies out there. Including one who killed an Uncle of yours."

Travious nodded, "I am not here for revenge. I am here to grieve first."

He nodded, "Let me get dressed, and then I will get my horse."

Travious smiled, "I will get your horse saddled up for you. I ride Shi'Drakon who is the head of the herd. Your horse will not harm me."

He nodded, "Very well."

Travious went out to Shi'Drakon, "Take me to the ambassador's horse. We need to get her or him saddled up."

Shi'Drakon led him over to the first stall. He opened the gate and nodded to the mare. "I will get you saddled up for the ambassador. Shi'Drakon can explain that to you."

He got the horse saddled, He walked out, "Unta."

He got up on Shi'Drakon and they walked up to the embassy as the ambassador came out.

The Ambassador nodded, "Impressive."

Travious smiled, "You have seen nothing yet."

Travious pulled up Majisa behind him and the Countess caught a ride with the ambassador. They rode out to the site of the Silvertree and other trees were surrounding it. He hopped down and thought, "Shi'Drakon Fika."

They walked to the tree as Shi'Drakon mounted the ambassador's mare. He looked back, "What the."

Travious looked at him, "The head of the herd. None of the horses out here will breed with the studs you have as long as he is alive. He is here to impregnate the entire herd."

The ambassador sighed, "When did this happen?"

Travious smiled, "Countess when we go back ride with Gia. The ambassador has more to learn."

Travious went over to the tree and knelt before it and thought, "I am trying to live up to both of your legacies. I know loss and I know that you know both of my siblings have been lost. My brother had a wife with a second set of children on the way. I will work to ensure that the transfer is smooth for her. I did ensure my sister found love if only briefly. All of my love to both of you."

He stood up and Melia looked at him, "Feeling better?"

He nodded, "Some. I talked about my brother and sister and working to live up to their example."

The Countess looked at him, "You are doing that and your Grandfather's and great grandfathers example."

He nodded to her, "You spend any quality time with one of my Silvertree relatives?"

She smiled and nodded, "I am carrying twins."

He nodded. "Good to know."

She smiled, "I never thought I would have more children and never half-dragons until I met your goddess. Amy Tryst is carrying two sets of twins."

He chuckled, "Good for her."

They got mounted up. He thought Shi'Drakon, "Have the ambassador's horse fly him back and explain what is going on with the new abilities. Ensure to teach find poison while we are here too, That has come in handy."

He heard a chuckle and the ambassador was surprised when his horse took off on its own.

They followed him back, "Melia if you want to follow talk with your fine elven horse."

She was off and into the air. He looked at Gia, "You can try it later. I have a favor to ask of you."

She looked at him, "What is that?"

Travious sighed, "Some of the children here are disenfranchised elves and half-elves. I want to know what houses they belong to. I am to try and encourage them to return or travel to the Elven Kingdom."

She nodded, "Of course. We picked up a minor in divination when the Paladins became available because of your requirements. Corellon Larethian clerics did not have any access to divination before that as a school of magic. We can determine houses, but not futures like Clerics of Sehanine Moonbow. The house makes a difference?"

He smiled, "It does if it is Silvertree."

She nodded and they caught up with the ambassador. He looked at the Countess, "We are going to the Academy here next. You and Majisa should probably wait in the embassy."

She nodded and the two of them stepped down. The Ambassador looked at Travious, "You are full of surprises."

Travious nodded, "You want to show me the way to the Academy?"

He nodded and they headed off and soon saw a series of buildings with a tower. Travious looked at him, "Different building materials."

He nodded, "Took a while to find something suitable here."

They walked to the tower, "Who is the Magister here?"

He looked at Travious, "A young but powerful female mage from the house of Silverbar."

He nodded, "Can you take us to meet with her?"

He nodded and took them up and gasped as they got there. Travious looked over. She was talking with a polymorphed white dragon who was in a half-elven form. He asked about the eternal forge.

Travious smiled, "Hello there."

He looked over, "You want to know about the eternal forge you could talk with me. My parents helped to reclaim it."

He looked at Travious as he walked forward as he got to the desk, he went to pull off his ring, "Karti' Ros right-hand moon fire on." He ran him through the heart and grabbed his hands until he was dead.

He looked at her, "Secure the room!"

She looked at Travious, "You killed one of my students!"

He looked at her, "I killed a white dragon!"

The Ambassador nodded and she secured the room. He pulled the ring he was going for off, "Identify it Magister Silverbar. I am Knight Paladin Silvertree."

She looked at the ring and dropped it, "Necromancy!"

He nodded, "We have been aware of these rings for some time now. We capture them. We will use them when found with a dragon body in them. Do you have a large secure room? Better yet, Bree put up a copy of my home."

She cast it and they stepped inside. The Magister looked at him, "You live in one of these?"

He nodded, "We are making several permanent ones. This information is classified. We are harboring metallic dragons and breeding with some of them to make half-dragons. The dragon homeland will be returning."

He asked everyone to wait and walked out into the room and took a ring off and slid the other in place and she was staring at a white dragon as the furniture is smashed. He changed back and looked at her, "What kind of information has that student been asking about and for how long? What information were you able to give him?"

She looked at him, "He asked about the elven homeland, the Palace, and the schools. Never to any detail until today. He wanted to know If I knew where the forge was located."

Travious sighed, "They are looking for it then. We are recovering it. That is in progress."

He stepped out of the room, "Your Majesty, I know it is late. Are you in a secure area?"

The King responds, "I am in my room and I just secured it."

Travious sighed, "I went to the Academy here and visited the Magister. She was talking with a half-elf student who was not a half-elf but a white dragon. Asking about the forge's location. Do the captains of these ships have these glasses?"

The King groaned, "No they do not."

Travious sighed, "I am going to get with the Countess and get her to take me out there. I am going to pull 6 mages from the Academy here, get them rested and prepared for battle with the right spells and go to the island. We have flying horses."

The King sighed, "Very well, investigate the possibility."