Silvertree Chronicles Bk. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Champions do not change. My master trainer will train two women into a second paladin order under my wife, for female paladins. As we remove rules, we will add rules like paladins not being able to marry other paladins in both orders. That discussion started with the destruction of the churches in the Capital. Every church conclave was visited by their deity by my direction.

To inform them that corruption would be dealt with swiftly and directly against those in the church hierarchy. Several died on the spot. Corruption while in the service to our churches will never be allowed to fester ever again. At least not for long. None of you can talk about this, even amongst each other.

I know your question was honest and also a means to try and turn the conversation away from the ladies' activity. Back to you, and something else you cannot discuss. The details were a non-magical holy symbol, a magical amulet, and a champion. The noise and flash of light were associated with the holy symbol absorbing the magical item. All you did ladies was skip that step as the amulet just connected more slowly."

They looked back at Serius and he looked inside his armor. When he looked back up, he was gone.

Serius heard in his head from the Lady of Dreams, "The ladies are hearing this as well champion. That you are a champion is not to be discussed for another 32 years. Wear your non-magical holy symbol outside of your armor. Do your best to keep this fact from being known."

All of the doors unsealed. Serius reached over and took the non-magical holy symbol and draped it over his neck. He looked at his mother, "You have the destiny to wield your blade the way you do. I have the same. I will try and avoid being the center of attention. Seriaxxa has that role as the current field marshal over that area."

Zirra ran to her room and came back with a hat. She handed it to him. He looked at it as she handed it to him as it was heavy. He looked closer and saw a metal band inside.

She looked at him, "I had not finished it before your father died. Correction, I had not started it as he kept giving me more important projects to build up my skills. I finished it the year after his death. It was given to Eldar, a circlet to help with diplomacy and such. He wanted me to add proof from petrification to it."

He nodded, "Thank you. I like the black swashbuckler style hat. You knew I liked burgundy for the band colors. They are a perfect match for my cloak."

She nodded, "I knew you would likely become the next Duke. A circlet was a little over the top in the field. From the journal, Charlemagne wore a hat like that. I ensured yours was upturned on the left because of you being a left-handed sword wielder."

He nodded, "Thank you."

He went upstairs and grabbed his bag which he had packed the night before. They were surprised he was back so quickly. Serius looked at them, "I packed yesterday, ready to go. One way or another."

Brima shook her head, "Just like your father, you know what you want and you go after it."

Serius nodded, "It was time for me to get a new mount anyway mother. I will stay at the secure shelter out there."

She nodded. He mounted up and rode out as she released the controls. He pulled out his shield which he rarely used. He went over and activated the teleporter circle. He surprised a few people by his sudden appearance. They saw his shield and did not question him as he rode toward the falls.

He pulled a crystal and contacted the house, "Please pass the word to Brima that I was able to teleport using the house circle all the way out. That likely means the shields were down in the Capital and the Duchy. I did not think it would work but she would likely want to inform the Queen to be on the safe side."

The guard responded, "Will pass the word to her now." The crystal went silent.

---

The guard went into the entry-way and used the house crystal. Zirra grabbed it and smiled, "Yes?"

He sighed, "I just got a message from Serius that he used the teleportation circle on the house grounds and made it to the duchy. He wanted Brima to know the blockers were off in both locations. He thought the situation was off."

Brima nodded, "I will contact the Queen. At least he did not ride the whole way."

Zirra smiled as Brima went out and pulled the Crystal for the Queen, "Your Majesty, this is Dutchess Brima Silvertree. I was just informed by my son that the teleportation blockers were down in the city and the duchy. He used the old teleporter circle at the house. He is being assigned to the church in Quatarsia."

She groaned, "I will have my security look into it and contact the Duke as well. Thank him for us the next time you speak with him. For keeping people honest who are at these controls."

---

Serius thought to his horse, "Pass the word to the herd that I am looking for a new mount and where to find me, my friend. Your time to go out to stud."

He did not answer Serius. They never bonded the way other mounts did. He felt certain that he heard he was the champion. That probably caught him off guard as it did him. They arrived at the falls and he dismounted. He worked the gear off and knelt and prayed. His arm was nudged and he looked into the eyes of a white horse with blue eyes. Serius nodded, "Hello Fres (Ice)."

He heard in his mind, "Because of my color or eyes?"

He reached over and removed the one ring he wore. To show her his dragon eyes. Serius smiled, "Both."

He put the ring back on. He stood and saddled up the mare, "The saddle and reins are enchanted. You are well protected with those on."

He mounted up and thought, "What did Colbarus tell you about me?"

He heard her chuckle, "Just that you seldom rode and that you are special. Your eyes told me that much. He will see me this evening to try and give me a foal or two."

He chuckled and thought, "I did not stretch his legs enough, I will agree. Like him being trapped in the stable, I was trapped in the city. I was teleporting between locations. Very sheltered life for both of us. Drove me crazy at times. I hope he likes his time running with the herd again. I will ride more now that I am out of the city and watchful eyes of my overprotective mothers."

He took them toward the Wood-elf village and thought, "Varus'Nor you have been very quiet considering."

He heard him chuckle, "It is not like we can talk about it. Just know your father cared for you very much. You are doing well."

He chuckled and thought, "It does explain a few things. I am happy to know the truth. It will not matter as much to future generations but I knew my father and admired him. I still do."

They rode further and an arrow deflected away off of his shield. He thought, "No danger warning?"

Serius heard back from Varus'Nor, "No malicious intent or enemy of the gods targeting you. An errant warning shot. Must be someone new."

He stopped and looked at the arrow off in the woods and waited.

A couple of archers rode forward and seemed annoyed. One of them sighed and looked at him, "Sorry about the errant warning shot."

He nodded, "On a cleric even."

He nodded, "I noticed the shield on my approach. She will be dealt with."

Serius smiled, "Is she young?"

He nodded, "Yes she is. About your age, if I had to guess. A granddaughter to the Duke but still no excuse."

Serius smiled, "Let my cousin know I am not upset and she should get in more target practice."

He looked at Serius strangely, "She is a wood-elf."

Serius nodded, "Distant cousin. I am Serius Silvertree, future head of House Silvertree. A distant descendant to Elara Strong Oak and her son Eldar Silvertree."

He nodded, "You are free to proceed acolyte."

Serius smiled, "I am a cleric, I have not been an acolyte in over 10 years." The sentry looked at the boy strangely. "Is Duke Strong Oak around?"

He shook his head, "In the town working with dwarves on the rebuilt Keep. They had to move it away from the fault in the ground from the return, and the world killer's fall."

A girl came riding in with brown hair and green eyes. She nodded to him, "My apologies for the errant shot."

Serius nodded, "Make it up to me and ride with me. Take me to your Grandfather. The reason I was stopping by this village."

She sighed and nodded, "That damned Keep is an eye-sore."

Serius nodded, "I do not doubt that, but the Queen did order it to be rebuilt or restored and he did get the funds to ensure it happened."

She nodded, "Better out there than here."

Serius smiled, "Does my cousin have a name?"

She looked at the other two who just shrugged, "Brez'Riana Strong Oak."

He nodded and rode forward, "Serius Silvertree. Cleric of Corellon Larethian."

She sighed as she rode with him, "Another Silvertree. You know the Field Marshal who has taken over the fourth floor of the inn in town?"

Serius smiled, "Half-brother."

She sighed, "Those eyes of his make my skin crawl."

Serius smiled, "The scales do not have that effect?"

She nodded, "I suppose the eyes, claws, scales, and his large ass size kind of set my teeth on edge."

He nodded, "My sword gives me an ability to see like them. Like your Grandfather's sword."

She looked at him, "A cleric with a Moon Blade?!"

He nodded, "Not just a cleric also a Magus."

She looked at him, "You cast both arcane and divine while wielding a sword?"

He nodded to her, "Do you want to find out if it is his eyes or everything that freak you out?"

She looked at him, "I can separate them?"

He chuckled and pulled his ring and she stared into his eyes, "Born that way?"

He put his ring on, "No the sword did that."

She shook her head, "Were they violet before the change?"

He shook his head, "Sapphire Blue. Violet is just more common in moon elves, so to blend in better I wear it like that. I can change it to three different forms. One would make me look elf-blooded and the other human."

She looked at him, "Why?"

He smiled, "After I become an adult, I will be traveling a lot away from here. I have work to do for the Queen. Part of the job associated with the Moon Blade."

She nodded, "Your eyes are more colorful. They do not make my skin crawl. I guess it is all of it and him being so bossy."

Serius smiled, "How is he so bossy?"

She shrugged, "Seems to want my grandfather to do things a certain way. I am just glad he has avoided conscripting."

Serius nodded, "Keeping a promise of my father to your grandfather. To avoid it at all costs. I did not sense the Moon Ray Moon Blade in the other village. Besides he can only conscript when war is declared."

She nodded, "He moved to a village on the northern end of the Kingdom to train students. Most of the Moon Ray's moved to that area. He apparently came into some money to help his family move to that part of the Kingdom."

He smiled, "Yes my father left him some. Same for his other two students who died during the war."

They reached the end of the road. She pointed, "That way."

He nodded, "I know. I hope I did not cause you too much trouble."

She sighed, "I am off patrol until I requalify at 200 and 300 feet now. I have never qualified at 300 feet."

He nodded, "Slow exhale on the release. Forget the standard four inches above the target and go a foot above it at 300. Watch for crosswinds."

She looked at Serius, "You an expert with a bow?"

He shook his head, "No but several wielders talked about methods in my journal for improving accuracy. Some were specialized in the longbow as well as the long sword. Ironwood shafts work best. Advice from the Knight Paladin of Corellon Larethian. The first one."

She nodded and rode back as he went forward. He pulled up in front of the church. They rebuild alright. Right behind the church and away from the road. He shook his head at that. He dismounted out front, "I will be right back Fres."

He turned and the acolyte looked at Serius, "New acolyte?"

He smiled as he walked past, "No, I am a Cleric."

He walked into the main chamber and then upstairs to the main office. Having been there once long ago.

He knocked on the door. He heard back, "I told the acolytes I am not to be disturbed."

He smiled, "I did not stop to ask about your availability."

He finally came to the door and hid behind it some. He looked at Serius, "You need to get with the head cleric of your order acolyte."

He smiled, "That is Cleric Serius Silvertree. Over ten years now. I can cast tier nine spells so I am well beyond an acolyte."

He was perplexed and Serius extended his paperwork. He took it and read it, "I did not request another cleric here. I do not have space for another."

Serius nodded, "That is not an issue. I have my own accommodations here. I requested to come here. I did not give the Grand Cleric much choice in the matter."

He chuckled, "How did you not give him a choice?"

He pulled back his cloak and he saw the blade, "I told him maybe I was there to take over for him before I became an adult. He wanted me away after that."

The man chuckled and he heard two other men chuckle from behind him. He knew he was naked. Serius shook his head as he grabbed his papers from him, "I hope your clerical enclave does not have any acolytes involved. The gods are cracking down on inappropriate behavior."

He looked at Serius, "You threatening me?"

Serius put his paperwork away. "Serius Silvertree. The last Champion was my father. He found the corruption in the city churches. If you feel I am threatening you then you must be doing something wrong. If not, then it is no threat. Where can I find the head of Corellon Larethian's order here?"

He turned his head to look into the room and Serius shook his head, "I will stop back later."

Serius walked away from the door and headed downstairs. He unsaddled his horse and brushed her down. He walked over to the stable and the guy waved him off, "Cleric horses go in the corral over there."

He nodded, "I am Serious Silvertree and you should have a stall available to me under the agreement that my father worked out with the town."

He sighed, "Your other brother is using that provision and has all of my stalls with no income."

Serius nodded, "I will correct that. Fres please use the cleric corral, for now, I have a brother to speak with."

She ran off and he went into the inn. He turned to head upstairs and two large guards went to stop him. He looked at them, "Take me to my brother before I rip both of your heads off. I am Serius Silvertree, the future Duke to House Silvertree."

They backed off and walked him upstairs. His brother was being loud and boisterous. He sat in the master bedroom on the edge of a bed and naked. He had just finished filling some passed out moon-elf female. Who sat in his lap. His men who watched laughed.

Serius looked at him, "Well brother I see you are abusing your position well."

He looked at Serius, "What are you doing here?

He walked down the hallway, "Unlike you, I live here. The agreement with the inn and stable extended to the blade wielder, not the Field Marshal. As such you should move to one of the other actual barracks that were built. Let these people actually run their businesses. You need to reimburse them for the expenses they have accrued at your expense."

He looked at Serius, "Or what?"

Serius looked at him, "I get with the Queen and have you disowned or I kill you outright in accordance with terms of father's will. Correct your behavior." He walked into the hall and turned back toward him and opened the portal and threw his gear inside. He called out, "Set owner to myself, my descendants or the blade Wielder only."

He closed the portal and his brother's men looked at him as he was trapped in this woman's cunt. Serius looked around, "Clear out now."

Two of them went to grab him and Serius dropped them from 100 feet up outside and teleported back in just as quickly.

He looked at him, "You have two very injured men in the street unless they had feather fall items on."

He nodded, "They did."

Serius shook his head, "No they did not. They fell like stones."

He sighed, "I could have you taken into custody for interfering with the army."

Serius shook his head, "Field Marshal status only applies when we are at war. That ended 15 years ago, officially, so you have no standing here. Make restitution or I will be forced to take drastic steps."

He chuckled, "Like what?"

He dimension door next to Seriaxxa and then teleported him to Dragon lands outside one of the shelters. He stood there with the elven woman stuck on his cock and two dragons landed nearby. Serius looked at them, "Please inform Queen Majisa and Slaraxxa they have relatives visiting and need one of them to resolve a dispute."

Seriaxxa glared at Serius, "Telling on me to my mother?"

Serius shrugged, "If it works without me having to kill you."

The woman took that moment to come out of it. She screamed her head off as she could not see the wall of force they stood upon. Seriaxxa covered her mouth, "You are fine we are on a wall of force thanks to my brother being a little shit."

Slaraxxa arrived first at the scene and had a bit of a grin on her face, "Let me guess, he is stuck?"

Serius chuckled, "Captive audience. I explained to him that a Field Marshal is only active during a time of war. Which officially ended 15 years ago. He has commandeered the fourth floor of the inn and the stables that I know about. Not counting any food or other things he has taken advantage of from the locals.

I told him to make restitution as the fourth floor was access to the secure shelter which belongs to me and the stable was for 'A' stall. He had no claim over any of them. Else I could be forced to kill him in accordance with the terms of our father's will."

She appeared to be having a mental conversation with him and she was getting madder by the minute. Majisa showed up and Serius bowed to her.

She looked at him and smiled, "Stuck, is he?"

Serius smiled, "Not in the manner in which you are speaking. Is something going on with the shields today? I just teleported out of the duchy and into your lands without issue? As to my brother Seriaxxa, he needs to make some restitution and leave Quatarsia for a while. He is not winning any friends and is damaging the family name. It was either this, the Elven Queen, or kill him, Your Majesty."

She nodded, "Take the girl back and tell his men to clear out by order of the Queen of the Gold Dragons. We had some riders returning from being based there. It is still open. If you hurry."

He nodded, "She slid off of his cock that was longer than Serius's arm. He pulled her toward him and she had a death grip on him. He got enough distance from the others and returned her to the inn. His men were gathered around looking for them. He stared at them, "Queen Majisa of the Dragons told me to tell you all to clear out of here now. The 'Field Marshal' is standing in front of her and his mother naked. Do not force me to see if you can swim in that armor."

They shuffled out and she had yet to release his arm, "How high up where we?"

He looked at her, "That one was at 40,000 feet above the ground. Would you like to use a shower to clean up?"

She looked at Serius, "What is a shower?"

Serius pointed at her clothes, "Grab them and I will show you."

She picked up her clothes and he picked up his brother's gear, clothes, and the belt of communication crystals and took them with him. He opened the shelter and took her inside. He took her to a side room laving his brother's belongings behind on the floor, "Step in there and turn those two nobs until the temperature feels right to you."

She nodded. He left her to it and he went and grabbed his backpack and set it down. He pulled out a stack of blank wands.